BDP

Author
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
A noticeable difference in how long South's are are allowed to hang on in the ruck compared to Melb... Ref must think Melb are Penrith...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

dman2018 - 25 Apr 2024 8:25 PM
A noticeable difference in how long South's are are allowed to hang on in the ruck compared to Melb... Ref must think Melb are Penrith...

Or Souths are Bulldogs...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Lots of tries off kicks this week.

I don't mind watching the Dragqueens and Souths lose.

But watching the Roosters and Storm win isn't as good.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Topine is the player suing rhe club after being forced to wrestle as punishment for being late for training.

I hope that we settle, can't see him ever playing NRL again. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 25 Apr 2024 8:41 PM
dman2018 - 25 Apr 2024 8:25 PM

Or Souths are Bulldogs...

The Souths strip looks like a Dogs strip, understandable reflex from the ref.

Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 25 Apr 2024 8:48 PM
Topine is the player suing rhe club after being forced to wrestle as punishment for being late for training.

I hope that we settle, can't see him ever playing NRL again. 

This is news to you?
Its been on TK since the wrestle...
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 25 Apr 2024 8:50 PM
dman2018 - 25 Apr 2024 8:41 PM

The Souths strip looks like a Dogs strip, understandable reflex from the ref.

All i can say is Sucked in Souths.

Oh and dont sack your coach. Its not his fault. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 25 Apr 2024 10:01 PM
hounddog - 25 Apr 2024 8:48 PM

This is news to you?
Its been on TK since the wrestle...

I don't read TK.

I did guess in the end.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Marki - 25 Apr 2024 10:02 PM

The cheap shot from Milne at the end sums up Souths. 

Apart from Murray and a few others, they have no mental discipline. 

Latrell., Cody, Wighton and Milne are the worst offenders 
Defence says a lot about a side, it said plenty about us last season. 

So far this season we are one of the better defensive sides.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

The are plying like a side that wants the coach gone... Wayne Bennet return on the cards???...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 26 Apr 2024 11:09 AM

The are plying like a side that wants the coach gone... Wayne Bennet return on the cards???...

I think that their problems run deeper than the coach.

The players need an attitude adjustment, old man Bennett could do it, but would he want to?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

The ladder is just about right at present. 

A good win over the Tigers will see us in the 8 as Roosters are playing Broncos. 

Raiders are playing Sea Eagles and I expect the Raiders to lose.

Fogarty is a big loss for the Raiders we should be able to stay ahead of them.

Of the teams below us the Cows and Warriors are the biggest dangers.

After the Tigers we have Panthers on their home turf, a very tough game, we should stay ahead of the Raiders on for and against. So possibly staying in the 8.

Next match is Raiders in Brisbane, big for both sides. 

I am assuming Raiders and Cows probably lose this week.
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Had Olakau'atu been a Bulldogs' player he would have been sent off....no questions...terrible looking tackle on Shawn Lane. Looking at Sutton's performance only confirms we were robbed against Souths.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Watching parra/manly game last night and neither team looked like a convincing premiership threat. Plus it's undeniable that Sutton must have an agenda against us. He's a different ref against the 16 other teams.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 27 Apr 2024 9:18 AM
Watching parra/manly game last night and neither team looked like a convincing premiership threat. Plus it's undeniable that Sutton must have an agenda against us. He's a different ref against the 16 other teams.

What I find unconvincing about many teams this season is that they don't seem mentally tough or fit enough.

Many leak a lot of points when momentum shifts against them and I have lost count of the number of frustrated brain explosions from players in losing positions.

Many teams seem to melt like butter in the hot sun.

Most of the current top 8 have a bit of grit, or too much class.

Manly and the Raiders stand out as sides that don't seem to have the grit.

Outside of the 8 we have it, the Warriors and Cows are 2 teams that might be able to find it.

The comp is so even I am not even ruling out sides currently placed 13th-17th. But the points differential for those sides shows how they currently struggle to handle momentum shifts.

So it is the kind of season  where solid defence,  fitness and mental discipline may take a side deep into the semis. All sides can attack and can look good when momentum is swinging their way. 
Edited
Last Month by hounddog
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Mitchell Woods wins SG Ball best player. He is signed up until the end of 2027. Future superstar. 
intrepidarts
intrepidarts
Super Fan
Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)

You used to get dropped to reserve grade for walking back onside..
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

What did you think about the Tigers performance against the Broncos?

I think that they are much improved this season with a stronger squad and they are improving. 

I also saw some hunger and desire from them.

We might be favourites and we are coming off the bye. The next step in the evolution of our side is winning this kind of game.

If the Tigers turn up hungry and determined we need to out last them in the grind and nail our execution.

If we skip out to a lead we can't relax, we need to put in a shift for the full 8.

This is our chance to break into the 8.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 28 Apr 2024 3:27 PM
What did you think about the Tigers performance against the Broncos?

I think that they are much improved this season with a stronger squad and they are improving. 

I also saw some hunger and desire from them.

We might be favourites and we are coming off the bye. The next step in the evolution of our side is winning this kind of game.

If the Tigers turn up hungry and determined we need to out last them in the grind and nail our execution.

If we skip out to a lead we can't relax, we need to put in a shift for the full 8.

This is our chance to break into the 8.

Absolute danger game of we 'dont turn up to play'... 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

We should be in the 8.

Now we need to stay there.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 28 Apr 2024 5:57 PM
We should be in the 8.

Now we need to stay there.

We should be favourites in 5 of our next... and I hope we can surprise the Premiers...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

dman2018 - 28 Apr 2024 6:25 PM

We should be favourites in 5 of our next... and I hope we can surprise the Premiers...

next 6*
Vallo440
Vallo440
Super Fan
Super Fan (112 reputation)Super Fan (112 reputation)Super Fan (112 reputation)Super Fan (112 reputation)Super Fan (112 reputation)Super Fan (112 reputation)Super Fan (112 reputation)Super Fan (112 reputation)Super Fan (112 reputation)Super Fan (112 reputation)Super Fan (112 reputation)

dman2018 - 28 Apr 2024 6:26 PM

next 6*

It's official, we're in the top 8. Somebody pinch me, hard to believe its happening. Onwards and upwards from here.  
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Yep I reckon this is the business part of the season for us.

If we are in the 8 at the start of SOO we should be well in the 8 after SOO and even finishing top 8 is a good result.

Our form against the Chooks and Storm is the most promising.

We don't want to screw up the opportunity with a dumb loss to the Tigers.

Panthers are very hard to beat, especially at home. I think 4 out of 6 will have us in good shape.  So we can afford to lose to the Panthers and one other team.

The comp is pretty even, we have short turn arounds against the Panthers and Dragons and the Knights get a considerable home ground advantage. 

If we somehow manage to beat the Panthers that would be great.

After the top 3 we are the next best ranked defensive side. Against the Tigers and Panthers our defence is the key to our chances.  Against the Tigers if we defend well I think that they will miss enough tackles to allow us to post a winning score. I don't fancy a high points shoot out against the Panthers with their main players pressing for origin selection.  

We need to go with the Panthers set for set, drag them into a grinding contest then ice our limited chances.

We need a win over the Tigers to set up momentum going into the Panthers game.
Edited
6 days ago @ 7:08 PM by hounddog
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

We are hardly the finished product. It would not surprise me if we drop the next two games. But if we play with the same desire we should beat the Tigers well. 

We are in the top eight. We have to take every win up until origin possible. Find a way to win at all costs. It may look like an easy run. But do we have the team to do it? 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Micko - 28 Apr 2024 9:16 PM
We are hardly the finished product. It would not surprise me if we drop the next two games. But if we play with the same desire we should beat the Tigers well. 

We are in the top eight. We have to take every win up until origin possible. Find a way to win at all costs. It may look like an easy run. But do we have the team to do it? 

YES!!!...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I agree with the coach, our forwards are underrated. 

Ditto for the spine, which while not top 4, is good enough to finish top 8.

Our centres and wingers are top 4.

Top 4 teams, Sharks,  Storm, Panthers and Broncos  , plus Roosters are a class above us.

Take out that top 5, all of the other teams are fairly even. Our edge compared to many sides is defensive grit.

Drop our intensity or fumble execution, we beat ourselves.  Otherwise the opposition needs to put it all together.

We have already played Sharks,  Storm and Roosters we did well. Panthers and Broncos are an even bigger challenge, most of the other sides we can beat.
Edited
6 days ago @ 9:58 PM by hounddog
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)

hounddog - 28 Apr 2024 9:57 PM

I agree with the coach, our forwards are underrated. 

Ditto for the spine, which while not top 4, is good enough to finish top 8.

Our centres and wingers are top 4.

Top 4 teams, Sharks,  Storm, Panthers and Broncos  , plus Roosters are a class above us.

Take out that top 5, all of the other teams are fairly even. Our edge compared to many sides is defensive grit.

Drop our intensity or fumble execution, we beat ourselves.  Otherwise the opposition needs to put it all together.

We have already played Sharks,  Storm and Roosters we did well. Panthers and Broncos are an even bigger challenge, most of the other sides we can beat.

They took it right up to the Storm down there  and almost flogged the Roosters at their home turf. 
Can’t see why they can’t take right to the Panthers . Just play that hard nothing to lose style . The Panfers are a well oiled drilled machine and are hard to rattle but it will be a great battle at Penriff.. 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

They are all winnable if we put our best foot forward, and have an even share of luck (so cancel out any Sutton reffed games)....

Who from the Dogs plays origin this year???
Foxx...
Critter...
Burto??? I'll be pissed if hes named 18th man...
Preston unlikely but wouldnt disspoint in that arena...
Curran same as above... the guy is just a beast....
Hutch has his nose in front of Cleary for mine at this stage... 

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 29 Apr 2024 4:44 PM

They are all winnable if we put our best foot forward, and have an even share of luck (so cancel out any Sutton reffed games)....

Who from the Dogs plays origin this year???
Foxx...
Critter...
Burto??? I'll be pissed if hes named 18th man...
Preston unlikely but wouldnt disspoint in that arena...
Curran same as above... the guy is just a beast....
Hutch has his nose in front of Cleary for mine at this stage... 

Even Critter is no certainty, they may play Teddy at fullback and Turbo in the centres.

I would play Turbo at fullback, perhaps play Teddy at 14.

Staggs and Best are other centre candidates.

Foxy close to a certain selection.

Hutch halfback, captain, bus driver, banker, coach, ballroom dancing instructor and social organiser.

( Hutch buys the beers - the job description throws QLD off the track)
Edited
5 days ago @ 6:25 PM by hounddog
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search