BDP

Author
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Marki - 12 Oct 2019 9:41 AM

The Roosters own the NRL steve.....
Get your head out of the sand!

Owning the NRL is nothing to brag about. It'd be like owning leprosy. It's a messed up comp, but nobody owns the sport. 
Maybe one day someone will come along & offer the clubs more money to play in a different comp...

Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Let’s all wish the 11th Immortal all the very best in the SL grand final...
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Villi - 13 Oct 2019 12:48 AM
Let’s all wish the 11th Immortal all the very best in the SL grand final...

Where ever the 11th Inmortal goes..... success always seems to follow!!!

Big win for the Saints

Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

The Breaking Bad movie "El Camino" is great, check it out.

Surprisingly Todd almost steals the show. A great testament to how far Jesse Plemmons has come as an actor, even if how fat he's become is confusing seeing as his scenes are are in flashback (hope that's not a spoiler) to a time when he was about 10-15kgs lighter on the show.

There'd be a great movie around the life of Todd, he is disturbingly creepy yet childlishly innocent in this movie, even more so than the show. But if they're ever gonna do it they better get Jesse Plemmons on a diet and treadmill. That man's headed for 150kgs.

BB fans will love it. Ties up the only loose end nicely.

Although there is still Huell waiting in that motel room. Wonder if he's still there?
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Zef, I got in early too & thought they did a great job with it. I didn't want so much as a clue about it from the media, IMDB or anywhere.
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

And Robert Forster died this morning.

Well, his last role was a brilliant one.
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Another one sadly passed on the same day - Stephen Moore - Amongst other roles, unforgettable as Marvin the paranoid robot on Hitchhikers Guide (about the only thing I remember from the show years ago).
Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Zef - 13 Oct 2019 8:48 AM
The Breaking Bad movie "El Camino" is great, check it out.

Surprisingly Todd almost steals the show. A great testament to how far Jesse Plemmons has come as an actor, even if how fat he's become is confusing seeing as his scenes are are in flashback (hope that's not a spoiler) to a time when he was about 10-15kgs lighter on the show.

There'd be a great movie around the life of Todd, he is disturbingly creepy yet childlishly innocent in this movie, even more so than the show. But if they're ever gonna do it they better get Jesse Plemmons on a diet and treadmill. That man's headed for 150kgs.

BB fans will love it. Ties up the only loose end nicely.

Although there is still Huell waiting in that motel room. Wonder if he's still there?

Jesse Plemmons had a bit of beef in Fargo but a little more in this....perhaps he had a crook prawn and was feeling a bit bloated. As far as psychos go there are few better. Great way of incorporating the Breaking Bad era story into this movie. Just up to the bit where Jesse Pinkman calls his parents so don't anticipate that will go well. Really liked Skinny Pete. He stepped up big time.

Zef
Zef
Pro

He was in that movie about Dick Cheney "Vice" not that long ago playing a soldier. I guess tht'd be filmed 2-3 years ago but he was tight if not ripped.

I'm surprised when he turned up for filming they didn't say "On the treadmill Porky". Or maybe they did and he was even fatter.

Zef
Zef
Pro

Mind you, I'll say again - powerful performance. He's a much better actor now than he was in the series.

He never quite hit the childlike menace as effectively as he did in this film. All but stole the show.
Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Zef - 13 Oct 2019 10:20 AM
Mind you, I'll say again - powerful performance. He's a much better actor now than he was in the series.

He never quite hit the childlike menace as effectively as he did in this film. All but stole the show.

I don't know...I think the episode on "Breaking Bad" was pretty close...the one where they were robbing the train and all the cutthroats ...Uncle Jack & co were there when the kid rode up on the bike...Todd took it into his own hands.

dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Wighton rejects $750K extension... on open market as of Nov 1???... or did uncle Nick get into his ear in the tunnel post GF???...
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

dman2018 - 13 Oct 2019 1:54 PM
Wighton rejects $750K extension... on open market as of Nov 1???... or did uncle Nick get into his ear in the tunnel post GF???...

It's a Telegraph story...

If anything, probably trying to get a raise before reluctantly taking the 750 later rather than sooner. Honestly don't know...

hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

dman2018 - 13 Oct 2019 1:54 PM

Damn ... that is my $10,000,000 gone... 
Zef
Zef
Pro

Steveswr33333 - 13 Oct 2019 10:33 AM

I don't know...I think the episode on "Breaking Bad" was pretty close...the one where they were robbing the train and all the cutthroats ...Uncle Jack & co were there when the kid rode up on the bike...Todd took it into his own hands.

That scene's driven by the action (what he did). In the movie his menace is driven by his presence and the dialogue.

He's scarier in the movie.

Probably because they gave the character more depth in the movie than they gave it in the whole series. But also definitely because Jesse Plemons is a better actor than he was five years ago. A MUCH better actor.

Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro

Zef - 13 Oct 2019 6:13 PM
Steveswr33333 - 13 Oct 2019 10:33 AM

That scene's driven by the action (what he did). In the movie his menace is driven by his presence and the dialogue.

He's scarier in the movie.

Probably because they gave the character more depth in the movie than they gave it in the whole series. But also definitely because Jesse Plemons is a better actor than he was five years ago. A MUCH better actor.

I thought it explained his persona but yes he has been given bigger roles...did you see him as "The Butcher" in "Fargo"?

Zef
Zef
Pro

Yeah I've seen all seasons of Fargo.

The scene I reckon shows how far he's come as an actor is when he's wondering where to hide his money and Jesse says "There's these things called banks."

The look he gives Jesse screams murder but then he carries it straight into "I think I know a good place, might need some engineering." and so that look takes on a different meaning... maybe... Was it actually a look of murder or a look of indifference or confusion of what Jesse meant? You could interpret it half a dozen ways.

He couldn't have pulled that off five years ago, was too shallow.

He's been working on his gig and it shows.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Zef
Villi
Villi
Pro

Where’s TTT & where’s the big $$$$ fines???

First it was HD’s mate Harry Grant
Now..... footage is on Twitter of Nelson Asofa Solomona belting the tripe out of someone in Bali

I expect the fekking book thrown at Melbourne.......
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Villi - 13 Oct 2019 7:52 PM

Now..... footage is on Twitter of Nelson Asofa Solomona belting the tripe out of someone in Bali

Storm will get the penalty & possession. The other mob of drunkards at the night club attacked the head of the Storm drunkards first...

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Speaking of drunks, I was reading yesterday about a rugby union player over in Wales UK years ago. He got drunk with his mates & decided it'd be a good idea to open the window, drop his trousers & yell out "Get a load of this!". His mates just managed to drag him back to safety before he fell out. The following morning he was saying sorry to everyone & admitting how stupid it was. Yet, with this fresh in his mind & knowing he couldn't handle his grog without serious abnormal behavior, he decided to get drunk again that very evening. For whatever reason, he decided it'd be a good idea to open the window, drop his trousers & yell out "Get a load of this!" again. This time his mates weren't there & he fell several floors below impaling himself to death. 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Thrashing machine!!!...
Steveswr33333
Steveswr33333
Semi-Pro

BloodyNora - 14 Oct 2019 5:43 AM

Storm will get the penalty & possession. The other mob of drunkards at the night club attacked the head of the Storm drunkards first...

Whilst I have never been nor wished to go to Bali I do know there are two sides...the resorts are classy...the local bars are yobbo hangouts. It must really annoy the Balinese that the latter is the only thing that seems to get publicity in the places where most tourists would come from. That bloke who did the flying kick is the classic example of the thing they/we don't want to see. An act of the rankest stupidity which he tried to excuse by saying he was "too drunk to remember". If he were to be released as some act of clemency you have the feeling the idiot would do it again. So some yobbo wants to fight a huge rugby league player built like a brick Schitehouse... surely Nelson would have been advised to go to a resort...being there and drinking to excess and then putting a fight on social media...you have to wonder how these blokes can tie thir shoelaces

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Harry was out drinking with Dman and wasn't admitted to hospital, I'm calling that a win, Harry can handle the grog... 
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

BloodyNora - 14 Oct 2019 6:14 AM
Speaking of drunks, I was reading yesterday about a rugby union player over in Wales UK years ago. He got drunk with his mates & decided it'd be a good idea to open the window, drop his trousers & yell out "Get a load of this!". His mates just managed to drag him back to safety before he fell out. The following morning he was saying sorry to everyone & admitting how stupid it was. Yet, with this fresh in his mind & knowing he couldn't handle his grog without serious abnormal behavior, he decided to get drunk again that very evening. For whatever reason, he decided it'd be a good idea to open the window, drop his trousers & yell out "Get a load of this!" again. This time his mates weren't there & he fell several floors below impaling himself to death. 

Moral of the story....
Once (not) shy, twice bitten?
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Steveswr33333 - 14 Oct 2019 9:44 AM
BloodyNora - 14 Oct 2019 5:43 AM

Whilst I have never been nor wished to go to Bali I do know there are two sides...the resorts are classy...the local bars are yobbo hangouts. It must really annoy the Balinese that the latter is the only thing that seems to get publicity in the places where most tourists would come from. That bloke who did the flying kick is the classic example of the thing they/we don't want to see. An act of the rankest stupidity which he tried to excuse by saying he was "too drunk to remember". If he were to be released as some act of clemency you have the feeling the idiot would do it again. So some yobbo wants to fight a huge rugby league player built like a brick Schitehouse... surely Nelson would have been advised to go to a resort...being there and drinking to excess and then putting a fight on social media...you have to wonder how these blokes can tie thir shoelaces

Speaking of tying shoelaces yourself.....

I've often wondered why footy players seem to get others to stretch their legs when they cramp.

I can tell you first hand (as I suffer from a lot of cramps), is that the only and best remedy for a cramp on the rear thigh or calf muscle (or any muscle cramp for that matter) is to bloody stretch that limb as fast as possible and not wait for a team mate or trainer to hold your leg straight and tilt your foot at 90 degrees!

It's not like they are wearing a brace that prevents them from stretching it themselves. They cip a cramp (supposedly) and just roll on the floor in agony while the rest of the world watches as thinks....."you bloody moron".....
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Steveswr33333 - 14 Oct 2019 9:44 AM

The majority of the population there is muslim & they hate the tourist zones on their doorstep. If the government there wasn't so greedy for the tourist $'s they'd also publicly express their hate of it & no doubt get rid of it altogether. The civvies making money from it would also be tolerant, only because they're not making money other ways. Some of the tourists that go there are so ignorant they'd book a hotel in the middle of a Syria war zone, as long as it had a pool, tennis court, dance floor & plenty of grog.

Edited
5 Years Ago by BloodyNora
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Marki - 14 Oct 2019 12:05 PM

Moral of the story....
Once (not) shy, twice bitten?

You could almost feel sympathetic for the first night due to his naivety, plus him apologizing the next morning & admitting how stupid it was after sobering up. But to ignore all the lessons learned & do it all again the next night, frying his brain again & repeating one mistake after another, nope, my sympathy would be fully reserved for the shocked pedestrians that have to live with it the rest of their lives. A classic example of some people will never learn... 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

I’d like to see Nelson take on the WA dressing shed wall...

Zef
Zef
Pro

BloodyNora - 14 Oct 2019 1:21 PM

The majority of the population there is muslim & they hate the tourist zones on their doorstep. If the government there wasn't so greedy for the tourist $'s they'd also publicly express their hate of it & no doubt get rid of it altogether. The civvies making money from it would also be tolerant, only because they're not making money other ways. Some of the tourists that go there are so ignorant they'd book a hotel in the middle of a Syria war zone, as long as it had a pool, tennis court, dance floor & plenty of grog.

Not Bali. They're vast majority Hindu, probably 80-90%..Throw in Buddism and Catholics and there'd be lucky to be 10% Muslim.

BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro

Zef - 14 Oct 2019 5:16 PM

Not Bali. They're vast majority Hindu, probably 80-90%..Throw in Buddism and Catholics and there'd be lucky to be 10% Muslim.

I've never been to Bali, so I'm not sure how I got the impression it was mostly muslim. Must be Indonesia as a whole. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search