BDP

Author
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Matter of fact I’d settle for just two feet on the ground before they place the ball.

Just get rid of the one handed kneeling ptb which is just playing for the penalty they don’t deserve.
dogbone
dogbone
Super Fan
Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)

hounddog - 11 Dec 2020 9:20 PM
dman2018 - 11 Dec 2020 8:26 PM

Exactly .. so a genuine attempt must be very close to doing it right. The foot must contact the ball and propel it backwards.

I think the ref should just be able to see that the player in question is acting in good faith. He made a genuine attempt on this occasion but has played it correctly throughout? It's not deliberate cheating or flouting of the rules. 
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

dogbone - 11 Dec 2020 9:35 PM
I love this line that the game is too predictable. And sure in terms of possession it is. Well how about a handover for playing the ball off the mark? Or not playing it square? Or offloading 2 seconds after the ref calls held? Or calling forward passes from dummy half? 

With half a step the tackled player can take a potential marker out of the game. 
dogbone
dogbone
Super Fan
Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)Super Fan (133 reputation)

Mooloolabadog - 11 Dec 2020 9:46 PM
dogbone - 11 Dec 2020 9:35 PM

With half a step the tackled player can take a potential marker out of the game. 

Exactly. And what's the worst that can happen to them? "Take it back and play it on the mark" ... it's bullshit. It's fkn under 6's refereeing... 

I'm all for refs using their own judgement but don't lump deliberate tactical cheating together with someone just doing their best to play the ball quickly because there are defenders in the way, etc. The guy deliberately breaking the rules needs to be penalised not just told to do it again.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

If I want to send one clear message to V'Landys..... leave the fvcking rules alone. It's no longer rugby league he's turning it into rugba league. It may as well be fvcking touch footy. And mark my words if he tries to speed the play up any more we will be seeing players falling over with heart problems or dropping dead because of heart attacks.
Edited
4 Years Ago by ODF
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

ODF - 12 Dec 2020 12:08 PM
If I want to send one clear message to V'Landys..... leave the fvcking rules alone. It's no longer rugby league he's turning it into rugba league. It may as well be fvcking touch footy. And mark my words if he tries to speed the play up any more we will be seeing players falling over with heart problems or dropping dead because of heart attacks.

Just apply the rules as they are, or in some cases were.  Change is not always better.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Mooloolabadog - 12 Dec 2020 12:52 PM
ODF - 12 Dec 2020 12:08 PM

Just apply the rules as they are, or in some cases were.  Change is not always better.

Exactly this... the main problem hasn’t been the rules, but the refs lack of application of the rules with a preference for managing games...
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Today Is a must win game for Villa against their local rivals in the Wolves

Ex Villa player Adama Troare is built & runs like Dman, so he will give our defenders plenty of head aches

Cmon Boys...
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Villi - 12 Dec 2020 11:27 PM
Today Is a must win game for Villa against their local rivals in the Wolves

Ex Villa player Adama Troare is built & runs like Dman, so he will give our defenders plenty of head aches

Cmon Boys...

Villa 1
Wolves 0

A scrappy affair, with Wolves having the better chances, but EMI Martinez was brilliant in goals saving numerous goal bound shots

hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Villi - 13 Dec 2020 1:33 AM

Villa 1
Wolves 0

A scrappy affair, with Wolves having the better chances, but EMI Martinez was brilliant in goals saving numerous goal bound shots

Hammers 2-1  over Leads, Benramma is great.
As I predicted, Leeds are running out of gas, and their style gives other teams opportunities.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Villa 1
Wolves 0

Wolves are missing their main striker and Jotta moved to Liverpool.
Getting them at the right time, cancels out getting Leeds at the wrong time.
Villi
Villi
Pro

hounddog - 13 Dec 2020 7:00 AM

Hammers 2-1  over Leads, Benramma is great.
As I predicted, Leeds are running out of gas, and their style gives other teams opportunities.

For 2 season Villa were linked with Benrahma, but Dean Smith went with other options which have so far proved to be the wrong decisions. Benrahma has been bloody good
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Is it Monday already???...
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Zef - 11 Dec 2020 9:36 PM
Matter of fact I’d settle for just two feet on the ground before they place the ball.

Just get rid of the one handed kneeling ptb which is just playing for the penalty they don’t deserve.

Maybe I’m still off chops from a massive Saturday night but my idea is to have the ref call ‘play the ball’ after counting to three in every tackle after the defence is set.  Tell the players they have to wait until the ref calls it. It would slow the play the ball down naturally, stop the advantage of wrestling in the play the ball. This should encourage more backline plays that don’t simply involve trying to catch players off guard. Making the game much harder and eventually much more exciting
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Micko - 13 Dec 2020 1:57 PM

Maybe I’m still off chops from a massive Saturday night but my idea is to have the ref call ‘play the ball’ after counting to three in every tackle after the defence is set.  Tell the players they have to wait until the ref calls it. It would slow the play the ball down naturally, stop the advantage of wrestling in the play the ball. This should encourage more backline plays that don’t simply involve trying to catch players off guard. Making the game much harder and eventually much more exciting

We’re both on the same page in regards to preventing ridiculously fast and unfair ptb’s (unfair because the bloke ptb does it from the ground half the time) but I really think making them have both feet on the ground and (my preference) placing the ball on the ground with both hands would be a lot easier to police.

Everyone would be accusing refs of a fast or slow count if they had to apply one. Pretty easy to see if they’re on their feet (at minimum) and using both hands.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Zef - 13 Dec 2020 3:23 PM

We’re both on the same page in regards to preventing ridiculously fast and unfair ptb’s (unfair because the bloke ptb does it from the ground half the time) but I really think making them have both feet on the ground and (my preference) placing the ball on the ground with both hands would be a lot easier to police.

Everyone would be accusing refs of a fast or slow count if they had to apply one. Pretty easy to see if they’re on their feet (at minimum) and using both hands.

Your idea is more practical and certainly would work. But we could do both. Have them count into the mic 
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Having the attacker standing with both feet on the ground is much fairer. Don't worry about the ref having any input (counting etc) if it is an illegal ptb then it's handover time. This may make the players more aware of what they are doing in the ruck, and more accountable.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 13 Dec 2020 12:25 PM

Enjoy it. Do you have anything to add?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Zef - 13 Dec 2020 3:23 PM

And when they are on their feet ot trying to get up, defenders need to markup with no hands on the guy playing the ball.
Edited
4 Years Ago by hounddog
Zef
Zef
Pro

Whatever the solution, the reasoning’s the same.

I don’t get this obsession with constantly trying to make the game faster. There is a balance, a bit of trench warfare is good Rugby League as far as I’m concerned. Go too far the other way and you got touch football.

’ I’m happier with a good sub 30 point game than I am with a good 40-50 point game
Edited
4 Years Ago by Zef
Zef
Zef
Pro

Remember when field position used to mean something. Remember when having the wind for or against you used to mean something.

Neither mean a f***in’ thing now. All that matters is your last tackle option. A good or bad set depends solely on the kick. No matter where on the field you start from.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Zef - 13 Dec 2020 5:21 PM
Whatever the solution, the reasoning’s the same.

I don’t get this obsession with constantly trying to make the game faster. There is a balance, a bit of trench warfare is good Rugby League as far as I’m concerned. Go too far the other way and you got touch football.

’ I’m happier with a good sub 30 point game than I am with a good 40-50 point game

The best teams can defend up tempo attack. But I fo agree that it should not  be touch, attack and defence deserve to be rewarded for effort and execution.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 13 Dec 2020 5:30 PM
Zef - 13 Dec 2020 5:21 PM

The best teams can defend up tempo attack. But I fo agree that it should not  be touch, attack and defence deserve to be rewarded for effort and execution.

I'm telling you....
1 on 1 tackle below the bum should be rewarded with a stop in play the ball till the defender gets to marker. 
Villi
Villi
Pro

You must be getting anxious over the Crystal Palace vs Tottenham game.... kick off Monday morning 

Do you have Son in your fantasy team hey Dman?
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Villi - 13 Dec 2020 7:08 PM

You must be getting anxious over the Crystal Palace vs Tottenham game.... kick off Monday morning 

Do you have Son in your fantasy team hey Dman?

Dman is naff enough to be a Tottenham fan.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Just finished watching Braith Anastas top 5 rivalry games between the Bulldogs and Roosters on Fox.

My son was asking why I was tearing up at the end of the 2004 GF game......

I tear up when I feel pride I told him.
Villi
Villi
Pro

Marki - 13 Dec 2020 9:17 PM
Just finished watching Braith Anastas top 5 rivalry games between the Bulldogs and Roosters on Fox.

My son was asking why I was tearing up at the end of the 2004 GF game......

I tear up when I feel pride I told him.

Asking on behalf of Dman....

Dr Marki, we’re you tearing up because the Dogs won or was it due to the Roosters losing the 2004 GF?

Marki
Marki
World Class

Villi - 13 Dec 2020 10:32 PM
Marki - 13 Dec 2020 9:17 PM

Asking on behalf of Dman....

Dr Marki, we’re you tearing up because the Dogs won or was it due to the Roosters losing the 2004 GF?

I cant describe the relief, joy, satisfaction of that night..... I think I was hugging strangers as we left the stadium.
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 13 Dec 2020 10:58 PM
Villi - 13 Dec 2020 10:32 PM

I cant describe the relief, joy, satisfaction of that night..... I think I was hugging strangers as we left the stadium.

And to think it was 16 years ago now.....
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro

Marki - 13 Dec 2020 6:20 PM
hounddog - 13 Dec 2020 5:30 PM

I'm telling you....
1 on 1 tackle below the bum should be rewarded with a stop in play the ball till the defender gets to marker. 

Don't like it. The defender could take 10 minutes to get to marker if his team was under pressure
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search