BDP

Author
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Marki - 15 Apr 2021 8:26 PM
Wow.
I havent wanted a non Bulldogs team to win the premiership since 2017 (Storm) than this Penrith team.

They are just so well coached it's not funny. 
Their enthusiasm, skill and confidence is just amazing. They play the game as it should. Joy to watch.

Umm..... Panthers are losing right now Doc!
Edited
3 Years Ago by Villi
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Marki - 15 Apr 2021 7:55 PM
Just watching Penrith in their pre-game warm up and you can tell they are miles ahead of any other team. 

Their drills are not your usual stuff to show off to the fans. They are very progressive in their drills even without the ball.

The one that impressed me most was 4 players 1m apart on the goaline advancing towards the trainer on the 10m line and doing a shuffle to left and shuffle to right - on his call.

Another row of 4 players doing the same after them, then another 4 and another 4 and then do it all again.

They ran up in a line, they shuffled as one as good as synchronized olympic swimmers.

That training drill is what our guys need.

No ball, no nothing. Just move up as one and shuffle across as one. 

Great mock... praise the Broncos to give both teams a chance.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Marki - 15 Apr 2021 8:41 PM
Marki - 15 Apr 2021 8:40 PM

I thought I lost my Mock powers after having sex during the week..... but I still have it!

I've had a chat with your wife ... The Mock is safe for the rest of the season,.
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

dman2018 - 15 Apr 2021 6:15 PM
ODF - 15 Apr 2021 4:25 PM

Disappeared the day George C did...

Spill the beans on the coach commentator ... the BBC and CNN have filing deadlines.
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Micko - 15 Apr 2021 7:50 PM

type your messageBut if there was a chance to build a BankWest style stadium in Liverpool and play there. Would you get behind it?

Of course, and indeed I can tell you there is a plan... or a proposal at least. But there’s also a plan... a proposal... to further upgrade Belmore - training facilities, sports science hub and the like. Both proposals in front of NSW Gov for funding as we speak.

So even if they get the stadium at Liverpool, they’ll still be training out of Belmore.

It’s a stadium policy thing you know, they keep the surface for the games, they don’t want it churned by training.
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

hounddog - 15 Apr 2021 8:48 PM
dman2018 - 15 Apr 2021 6:15 PM

Spill the beans on the coach commentator ... the BBC and CNN have filing deadlines.

Someone has spooked Dman....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Villi - 15 Apr 2021 8:54 PM

Spill the beans Dman, Villi and I will make sure your wake is epic...
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Good game...

Low scoring in spite of the new rules.
Villi
Villi
Pro

I’ll say it again.... we dodged a bullet with Charlie Staines

Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 15 Apr 2021 9:36 PM
Good game...

Great game.
Broncos won't play a better game this year but just couldnt beat them. Panthers just have all the answers at the moment.

When you play like the Broncos did today, you really want to get the win and had it been most other teams tonight, they probably do win. It can be demoralising for them.

Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Villi - 15 Apr 2021 9:38 PM

Were we chasing him?
TBH, he wouldnt be a bad acquisition and if we picked him up as well as Burton, you would think other Panthers could follow. 
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Marki - 15 Apr 2021 9:41 PM

Great game.
Broncos won't play a better game this year but just couldnt beat them. Panthers just have all the answers at the moment.

When you play like the Broncos did today, you really want to get the win and had it been most other teams tonight, they probably do win. It can be demoralising for them.

Broncos pack very good and they exploited To'o's lack of height  with good kicks. Might be the wake up call the Panthers needed
Marki
Marki
World Class

I'll say it again, not sacking Des to sign Ivan Cleary  (and getting son Nathan) when I said we should back in 2015 or 2016 is one of the worst decisions this club has done - probably on its history.

I blame Zef who laughed at it when I brought it up, and continued to laugh at it when i justified it.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Good game...

hd the reason it was a good contest is because the referee stayed the unbiased fvck out of the restarts. It just goes to show how much influence the refs have on the outcome of a game with copiuos 6 again calls.  As has been mentioned several  times last week  it is funny that after a majority of blowout scorelines and fans complaining, the 6 agains ease up and the scores miraculously become watchable again. 
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

Mooloolabadog - 15 Apr 2021 9:48 PM
Marki - 15 Apr 2021 9:41 PM

Broncos pack very good and they exploited To'o's lack of height  with good kicks. Might be the wake up call the Panthers needed

Broncos are a talented squad, they underachieved massively last season.

Kevvie got them playing with passion, and as a result they defended much better than recent seasons.

They did get the 50/50s.

Our energy was good against Souths and our attack was better against the Storm.
We will not win a game until we put in an 80 minute effort, with at least 70 mins of organised execution.

A coach should never put up with lazy, sloppy players, throw in a young kid who be excited to be there and may lift his game.

hounddog
hounddog
Legend

ODF - 15 Apr 2021 9:50 PM

hd the reason it was a good contest is because the referee stayed the unbiased fvck out of the restarts. It just goes to show how much influence the refs have on the outcome of a game with copiuos 6 again calls.  As has been mentioned several  times last week  it is funny that after a majority of blowout scorelines and fans complaining, the 6 agains ease up and the scores miraculously become watchable again. 

6 of them, but mostly backended.

I agree that the ref stayed out of it.

Broncos had a couple of lucky calls...otherwise probably about as good as we can hope for from the refs.

Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class

hounddog - 15 Apr 2021 9:55 PM
Mooloolabadog - 15 Apr 2021 9:48 PM

Broncos are a talented squad, they underachieved massively last season.

Kevvie got them playing with passion, and as a result they defended much better than recent seasons.

They did get the 50/50s.

Our energy was good against Souths and our attack was better against the Storm.
We will not win a game until we put in an 80 minute effort, with at least 70 mins of organised execution.

A coach should never put up with lazy, sloppy players, throw in a young kid who be excited to be there and may lift his game.

This Broncos team reminds me of us.
Not a fekking brain cell amongst them.

They'll be glued to the bottom of the ladder with us until they fix this. If their board had any brains, they'd throw 1M a season to Adam Reynolds for 3 seasons to resurrect their fortunes.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Zef - 15 Apr 2021 8:49 PM
Micko - 15 Apr 2021 7:50 PM

Of course, and indeed I can tell you there is a plan... or a proposal at least. But there’s also a plan... a proposal... to further upgrade Belmore - training facilities, sports science hub and the like. Both proposals in front of NSW Gov for funding as we speak.

So even if they get the stadium at Liverpool, they’ll still be training out of Belmore.

It’s a stadium policy thing you know, they keep the surface for the games, they don’t want it churned by training.

I have heard the same and hope that we have it all approved. A stadium in Liverpool would be ideal and might bring us back to the top. 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

That’s exactly right. The reason we watched a close game tonight is because the refs didn’t give away ten plus set restarts. It’s almost like the refs were told to go easy on the set restarts or penalties because it was ruining the game. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki - 15 Apr 2021 9:50 PM

I'll say it again, not sacking Des to sign Ivan Cleary  (and getting son Nathan) when I said we should back in 2015 or 2016 is one of the worst decisions this club has done - probably on its history.

I blame Zef who laughed at it when I brought it up, and continued to laugh at it when i justified it.

I’ll say it again.. you’re a massive tosser...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

I’ll say it again... you’ve either the worst judge of a footy player ever, think with your SC head, or a combination of both...

Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

You never justified anything. You were talking super Coach again where you just sack and sign players and coaches on contract, like Des was and like N Cleary was.

And even if they weren’t, I still wouldn’t to this day sign somebody to get somebody else. I couldn’t care what Penrith do, and they’re still to do it, I wouldn’t be held to ransom by one for the other.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Marki nailed it with his guess...
As for spooked, no one that is yet again 30 odd + thousand places behind me in SC can do that...
I only get spooked by people with face tattoos and the occasional axed post...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Zef - 15 Apr 2021 10:47 PM

You never justified anything. You were talking super Coach again where you just sack and sign players and coaches on contract, like Des was and like N Cleary was.

And even if they weren’t, I still wouldn’t to this day sign somebody to get somebody else. I couldn’t care what Penrith do, and they’re still to do it, I wouldn’t be held to ransom by one for the other.

CoachCleary win rate still below 50% after a year with only one loss (the one that mattered)...
He should be thanking Griff and Gus...
Zef
Zef
Pro

Charlie Staines is allowed to have an average game, his first average game, and won’t be his last.

Like every other footballer in the completion, past and present, ESPECIALLY your old avatar mate.

Natural footballer, skills you’re only born with.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Zef
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Micko - 15 Apr 2021 10:20 PM

That’s exactly right. The reason we watched a close game tonight is because the refs didn’t give away ten plus set restarts. It’s almost like the refs were told to go easy on the set restarts or penalties because it was ruining the game. 

If that is the case re instructions great... and done a hello a lot better than Greentird throwing refs under the bus over the clean up the POTB instruction fiasco...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

dman2018 - 15 Apr 2021 10:48 PM

Marki nailed it with his guess...
As for spooked, no one that is yet again 30 odd + thousand places behind me in SC can do that...
I only get spooked by people with face tattoos and the occasional axed post...

Occasional Zef posr*
Zef
Zef
Pro

Micko - 15 Apr 2021 10:16 PM

I have heard the same and hope that we have it all approved. A stadium in Liverpool would be ideal and might bring us back to the top. 

I probably was a bit... hasty there.

I don’t think?.. though I may be wrong... the Liverpool stadium has reached funding request yet, though it is an a real an active proposal from interested parties. Not least of which is the Dogs of course, Liverpool Council is onboard too, but there’s a way to go before it’s before Gov.

Belmore is though, you’ll find stuff in Google about it. High performance training and sports science center.
Zef
Zef
Pro

dman2018 - 15 Apr 2021 10:58 PM

Occasional Zef posr*

I don’t know what that means, but I got no tattoos, not a one, and certainly no sh.t on my face.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Zef - 15 Apr 2021 11:08 PM
dman2018 - 15 Apr 2021 10:58 PM

I don’t know what that means, but I got no tattoos, not a one, and certainly no sh.t on my face.

Lol, well no job at JB HiFi for you... 
Your Ebola posts still haunt me...
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search