BDP

Author
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I’m really not sure. I know what the goal is, it’s to get the player that was playing for Easts last year that given his age should develope nicely, just like we all thought he would.... didn’t we Marki.

That’s the goal, to get that player back. Not just to chew for a while, spit it out and try the next dish cause that could just taste like one of my lemon turds for all we know. 

So I do tend to agree with Gus, he should be playing, somewhere. If Mounties aren’t playing this weekend, then Moorebank will do. He shouldn’t be just sitting it out and thinking about it.

And let’s be clear, if Easts didn’t have Walker in the system, Flanagan would be playing NRL for them this weekend. And if Walker was a year older, they wouldn’t have signed him in the first place.

They played him, cynically, in the hope he’d be the stopgap to get them a three-peat. They were always gonna look for a way to punt him after that. The two year contract was just bait.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Zef
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

I reckon his old man played a part in playing him too. He would’ve known Walker would eventually squeeze him out of Easts.

I reckon he hoped he’d get his two years, trained under Robinson, and then he’d get him back at his new coaching gig, which he probably bet would be at The Dogs.

A plan that looked like a baked dinner, but turned out to be a lemon turd.
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Zef, it was a shocker to read your post from yesterday about your pets. I don't know of any same day solution so you'll have to start the long haul by doing what you already know, keeping them apart when not supervised & make sure it doesn't happen again. Obviously you'd want them both roaming free & playing together, not chained up or locked up & especially not split up permanently but that's what your facing if any long term attempts to train it don't work. Just a humble suggestion off the top of my head, not verified or anything, I'd never feed them both in the same place anymore. I'd go down the road & buy a heap of those expensive pet treats to feed the one with the problem because they enhance some of those treats with whatever to make them extra appetizing to pets & fussy eaters compared to regular pet foods. The logic there is regular foods (along with anything else it's been in the habit of eating) might become less appealing over time. It's just one idea to consider along with any other ideas & suggestions can find out. Your voice is another method that has to be top of the list when you supervise them & even that takes time for pets to learn the reward voice & the more forceful no you're being naughty voice (bringing the fear of their master/leader), especially associated with whatever specific things they do. It's a tough situation, good that they can eventually be trained to words like sit/stay & a few others, but when you're up against trying to stop your pets sniffing each other's south side or worse, you're really up against it because it's a built in instinct & in this case an instinct twisted beyond belief unfortunately. Also, as it's a female, that instinct could be combining with another instinct of a maternal nature, so cleaning up it's own kin so to speak.
Edited
3 Years Ago by BloodyNora
Zef
Zef
Pro

It’s not the food, she loves her food. And I can stop her doing anything in her tracks with one word... if Icatch her in the act (no use correcting a dog after the fact because they got no idea what you’re talking about). If I catch her enough times in the act, I’ll stop her, but it’s the catching part that’s hard, I’m not here 24/7.

As for her sniffing arses, don’t care about that, that’s normal doggie behaviour. Their way of saying “Hello, how’s your day been?”

I suspect she’s just been hungry. I thought she was a tad overweight a few months ago and as she’s just turned two and hence pretty well fully grown thought I’d reduce her portions a bit. Think I went a bit too far, she is a touch lean now, so I’m back to the full meals and I’ll re- assess when she puts on a bit.

Intdernet says it could be just hunger, hope it is.

Otherwise next on the menu is chilli turd, hot f***in’ chilli turd.

Eat that bitch.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Zef
Zef
Zef
Pro

When she was a pup, she chewed through my Internet cables once. I was then extremely worried she’d go for an EL cable next, not that I have many hanging for her to get to, but there’s one or two I’d have to put in conduit to stop her.

Talked to the vet about it, she recommended smearing the cable with vapour-rub. Done it presented her a dead cable to test.... Mmmm love that vapour-rub.

Then I come up with my own recipe - chilli powder mixed in vasoline.

Stooped her in her tracks, used it on a few other things I didn’t want her near too.

Only have to do it for a few months till it becomes learned, and then they’ll never go back regardless. They’ll always associate the item with the bad taste forever once they’ve had enough tastes.

So chilli turds are on the menu!
BloodyNora
BloodyNora
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

If it's underfed, then fattening it up along with learning a few spicy lessons heading into the future should hopefully get it sorted. In the meantime, if you can't keep them apart when you're away or inside then it sounds like it'll keep happening, perish the thought. It's up to you if you have chains for them or can get them taking turns staying in a room to keep them apart to stop it altogether from now instead of later. Otherwise, at least they'd already have each others germs etc, so if you can't stop it then it surely wont make it sick enough for a vet. It's more of a horrendous thought for yourself & anyone else. Whether it does the same with what's left behind by random animals in the park is another thing, sure seems like a maternal thing combined with not fed enough, but only you can solve that mystery if you go for a walk with it when it's fattened up. You'll sure know it has a problem if it does...
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Zef - 14 May 2021 6:24 AM
I’m really not sure. I know what the goal is, it’s to get the player that was playing for Easts last year that given his age should develope nicely, just like we all thought he would.... didn’t we Marki.

That’s the goal, to get that player back. Not just to chew for a while, spit it out and try the next dish cause that could just taste like one of my lemon turds for all we know. 

So I do tend to agree with Gus, he should be playing, somewhere. If Mounties aren’t playing this weekend, then Moorebank will do. He shouldn’t be just sitting it out and thinking about it.

And let’s be clear, if Easts didn’t have Walker in the system, Flanagan would be playing NRL for them this weekend. And if Walker was a year older, they wouldn’t have signed him in the first place.

They played him, cynically, in the hope he’d be the stopgap to get them a three-peat. They were always gonna look for a way to punt him after that. The two year contract was just bait.

My personal opinion is that there are 2 types of playmakers... the ones that play well off the back of the rest of team playing well and the ones that play well (even in a losing side) no matter how the team is playing.

Roosters came off the back of having Cronk who won them games whether the rest of team was on or not. Flanagan isnt that type of player. Roosters realised this and made him scapegoat for their Finals loss and possibly earlier games. Walker in the background and Suallii made it easier for them to ultimately cut him.

I'm not criticizing our club for signing him. But blind freddy can see he has been exceptionally poor since Rnd1 and this team simply cannot carry him or have him compromise the team.

That is the issue here.... Our team is weak, we are losing games because of inability to sustain pressure. Coach has (publicly) singled out this issue for weeks now, as have I and afew others on this page. Coach gave him ample opportunity to fix it up and give him time, but no coach can be that stupid to persist or continue supporting an out of form player for this long. He had to act.

Flano might make it with next year's roster. He might not. We gambled on him and we may lose. That's football. We had to try something and he virtually fell in our lap. But theres no harm in adjusting your goals or admitting a mistake.

I've seen Gus coach, I've seen Fitler coach.
I've seen them under pressure and they act much sooner than Barrett has (in dropping players).

Instead of praising Barrett for supporting Flano for at least 3 more games than they would have (under same circumstances), they find the need to stick the boot into him.

Now I know who the real turds are.....
Zef
Zef
Pro

Part of me says just let him play, let him fail. We really have got the time to do that If his heads in the right place I'd do that. Learn more from your failures than your success's but your head's got to be right.

Might upset the A.D.D type supporters but... stiff sh.t.

One thing i do know Marki, if times were different and the internet was around back then, in his first season and probably more -  you would be loud and clear calling for the sacking and punting and "I've seen enough to know he's going to be a failure" of Steve Mortimer.

Wasn't a more flukey, inconsistent, game costing, couldn't kick, couldn't tackle, couldn't pass every second game rookie in league history for his first season and a bit than Steve Mortimer. I would've absolutely loved to hear what you had to say about him after 6 games, 8 games, 10 games, a dozen games.

Would've been f***in' hilarious.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Zef
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Zef - 14 May 2021 10:13 AM
Part of me says just let him play, let him fail. We really have got the time to do that If his heads in the right place I'd do that. Learn more from your failures than your success's but your head's got to be right.

Might upset the A.D.D type supporters but... stiff sh.t.

One thing i do know Marki, if times were different and the internet was around back then, in his first season and probably more -  you would be loud and clear calling for the sacking and punting and "I've seen enough to know he's going to be a failure" of Steve Mortimer.

Wasn't a more flukey, inconsistent, game costing, couldn't kick, couldn't tackle, couldn't pass every second game rookie in league history for his first season and a bit than Steve Mortimer. I would've absolutely loved to hear what you had to say about him after 6 games, 8 games, 10 games, a dozen games.

Would've been f***in' hilarious.

The same.
It's a result driven business and everyone 8s accountable.

If the coach valued his position, he'd act otherwise it was him or the player gone and I'm pretty sure we know what happens next.

Like I said, instead of the focus being on the out of form player, the media, and these so called "experts" decided to single out Barrett instead of Flano.

Not 1 word said about how poor he's been.
Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Talk is we are offering Tyson Gamble a contract. Maybe just a rumour, I’m not sure. If that’s the case surely Flanno is being pushed out. 
I must say I really liked the way Tyson has played so far. Has some real boggle in him. Real off the cuff player. Maybe a goof Gamble. 

Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)Pro (2K reputation)

Micko - 14 May 2021 11:46 AM
Talk is we are offering Tyson Gamble a contract. Maybe just a rumour, I’m not sure. If that’s the case surely Flanno is being pushed out. 
I must say I really liked the way Tyson has played so far. Has some real boggle in him. Real off the cuff player. Maybe a goof Gamble. 

Lol! Good Gamble I meant. 
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

The only sure thing at the moment is you would probably not be able to put a bet on the Dogs winning the spoon, we would be unbackable as things stand. So forget Flannagan and let him play, any forwards that show promise, let them play. Let's see who we have determine what they are capable of and let them play what's in front of them, because our season is already shot to bits so we have nothing to lose. 
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

ODF - 14 May 2021 11:52 AM
The only sure thing at the moment is you would probably not be able to put a bet on the Dogs winning the spoon, we would be unbackable as things stand. So forget Flannagan and let him play, any forwards that show promise, let them play. Let's see who we have determine what they are capable of and let them play what's in front of them, because our season is already shot to bits so we have nothing to lose. 

I tend to agree. Play our best team every week. Problem is, what is our best team? 
Marki
Marki
World Class

Wrong. I would rather Barrett plays guys he thinks that can play the gamestyle he wants for the future. 
The more this team approaches and practices that gamestyle, the better. It will come with errors no doubt. But it will also breathe excitement and anticipation into our games. 
So I'd rather I see guys in the team that can follow the coaches instructions and work towards executing them.
Players in the established top teams already know what their coach wants and strive to do it at 100% every week. Do that and it usually results in wins.
With us, we dont even who can even understand the coaches intent, let alone execute it.
I think Barrett knows who can play his intended gameplan. He has the rest of the season to get them to practice it.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Marki, WTF do you mean....... wrong. There is no fvcking right or wrong solution here, it's just how I see it. My opinion is different to yours but it's not wrong. Nobody in here is wrong, then again nobody in here is the coach either.
Mooloolabadog
Mooloolabadog
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

ODF - 14 May 2021 3:31 PM
Marki, WTF do you mean....... wrong. There is no fvcking right or wrong solution here, it's just how I see it. My opinion is different to yours but it's not wrong. Nobody in here is wrong, then again nobody in here is the coach either.

I think Flanno had 9 weeks, was performing poorly, got dropped. Someone else gets a chance and he goes to reserve grade and if his form warrants it he comes back.  That's how it should be or you may as well pick a team for round 1 and don't change it all year
Mick O
Mick O
Pro

Marki - 14 May 2021 2:39 PM

Wrong. I would rather Barrett plays guys he thinks that can play the gamestyle he wants for the future. 
The more this team approaches and practices that gamestyle, the better. It will come with errors no doubt. But it will also breathe excitement and anticipation into our games. 
So I'd rather I see guys in the team that can follow the coaches instructions and work towards executing them.
Players in the established top teams already know what their coach wants and strive to do it at 100% every week. Do that and it usually results in wins.
With us, we dont even who can even understand the coaches intent, let alone execute it.
I think Barrett knows who can play his intended gameplan. He has the rest of the season to get them to practice it.

If Barrett knew who could play his ‘game plan’ then why did he sign Allen to be fullback only to play him at centre. Or Waddell as an edge to play him in the middle. I think Barrett is still learning and his rookie coaching is worse than Pays. 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

The bunker wrecks footy... right decision or mainly wrong... it wrecks footy...
Fvck u Greenturd...

dman2018
dman2018
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Fvcking harder and harder to watch every week... Most games hard to watch the full 80...

The bunker and Corporate types are the star of the show....

Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

dman2018 - 14 May 2021 6:46 PM
Fvcking harder and harder to watch every week... Most games hard to watch the full 80...

The bunker and Corporate types are the star of the show....

I honestly thought the Knights player grounded that ball for a try

that stupid penalty on liddle was a joke 
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Villi - 14 May 2021 6:55 PM
dman2018 - 14 May 2021 6:46 PM

I honestly thought the Knights player grounded that ball for a try

that stupid penalty on liddle was a joke 

It’s a fvcking joke... Vlan the Impaler and Co  driving a stake through footy lovers hearts with every game...
Leave our game the fvck alone... Let the players decide the outcome...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

If we have to have a bunker:.. and have to have a captains call... maybe they should go hand in hand...
Only time bunker is used is on a captains call... and give em two a game...
#Lettheplayersdecide...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Players being penalised for their chest connecting with a falling players head is not dug by league..
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Killing our game....
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

I'm either loosing my voice or the site was offline for a bit.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

hounddog - 14 May 2021 7:45 PM
I'm either loosing my voice or the site was offline for a bit.

U don’t care about us... Zef needed u badly and u were doing gif knows what...
hounddog
hounddog
Legend

If this site ever stops working we can link up via Twitter #BulldogsBDP,
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
Marki
Marki
World Class

ODF - 14 May 2021 3:31 PM

Sorry my wrong comment was specifically aimed at the line of "let flanagan play". He's had ample chances and disappointed. Let Wakeham have go.
Marki
Marki
World Class

Micko - 14 May 2021 5:15 PM
Marki - 14 May 2021 2:39 PM

If Barrett knew who could play his ‘game plan’ then why did he sign Allen to be fullback only to play him at centre. Or Waddell as an edge to play him in the middle. I think Barrett is still learning and his rookie coaching is worse than Pays. 

My impression is that Barrett knows the way to play footy these days is the Penrith high tempo game for which he helped shape. He recruited guys he thought would or could change the way we play. Not all have worked out. In fact as it stands, they are all underperforming. 

I think he is now shuffling the deck chairs abit. He's trying to plug 1 hole but creating another. This year will test him. But it's a year where he learns which players he should invest more time in and which are just not suited. Its certainly a learning curve. Theres no DCE, or Trbovic bros here....
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Marki - 14 May 2021 9:18 PM
Micko - 14 May 2021 5:15 PM

My impression is that Barrett knows the way to play footy these days is the Penrith high tempo game for which he helped shape. He recruited guys he thought would or could change the way we play. Not all have worked out. In fact as it stands, they are all underperforming. 

I think he is now shuffling the deck chairs abit. He's trying to plug 1 hole but creating another. This year will test him. But it's a year where he learns which players he should invest more time in and which are just not suited. Its certainly a learning curve. Theres no DCE, or Trbovic bros here....

Soooooo... what your sayin is we should never have released your mate Tolman?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search