BDP

Author
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
All this is true. If he learns to play well this season behind the rabble we have then once we get some forwards that have mongrel and can bend the oppostions line Flannagan will be better....expotentially better and so will our backline. If you dare venture into the Dogpound(kennel) those posters are beying for blood. We know that it's going to take time  to sort sh!t out but some fans seem to think that 9 or 10 weeks are ample. They need a reality check  because we have so many off contract it may take the rest of this season to sort it all out.
ODF
ODF
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

The Bulldogs are two forwards and a hooker away from being relocated from the cellar to the penthouse. We need a couple of hard nut forwards in the mould of David Gillespie, Peter Tunks or Peter Kelly our development/talent team should be scouring country regional areas because this is where they will find what we are seeking. As far as a hooker, a Jason Hetherington type hooker. Not the most decorated or flashest in the comp, but a bloke that knows when to pass and when to run, a bloke that will take on the oppostion in attack and defence and gives as good as he recieves. This is why I want to see the Cheese get the job he has all the attributes of a true Canterbury Bankstown player, he's rough, he's tough and he wont take sh!t from the opposition.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

ODF - 12 May 2021 9:41 AM
The Bulldogs are two forwards and a hooker away from being relocated from the cellar to the penthouse. We need a couple of hard nut forwards in the mould of David Gillespie, Peter Tunks or Peter Kelly our development/talent team should be scouring country regional areas because this is where they will find what we are seeking. As far as a hooker, a Jason Hetherington type hooker. Not the most decorated or flashest in the comp, but a bloke that knows when to pass and when to run, a bloke that will take on the oppostion in attack and defence and gives as good as he recieves. This is why I want to see the Cheese get the job he has all the attributes of a true Canterbury Bankstown player, he's rough, he's tough and he wont take sh!t from the opposition.

ODF - we might go OK with a hooker rotation of the Cheese and Topine.
They are very similar players, adequate as a passing dummy half, energetic in attack and defence, real competitors who leave nothing in the tank.
We have some good junior dummy halves, develop them for the future, then the Cheese and Topine can revert to backrow.
Out of JMK, Katoa and Dietz, I'm not really sold on any of them . But we should keep one of them, I don't know which one.

IMO the Cheese and Topine have the mobility, tackle technique and workrate to cover for Odgen, that means we can play Odgen, there is a good chance he can turn into a wrecking ball running the ball,  and he can hit  hard. Mobilty and decision making are not his strong points.
Edited
3 Years Ago by hounddog
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

The last thing our club needs is another Waddell type signing.... we’ve got more than enough plodders tied down for a few more years
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

The forwards this team needs, are the high speed ruck players that run up and down in defence and charge into holes in attack.
This team needs a 5 year plan before the forward become effective.
The only way you fix us is to throw in high speed ruck players to get the team playing at the right speed. You will have to accept errors.
Over time (couple of years) you then get big boppers that can provide the mongrel with little to no loss of ruck speed.

Trying to get big boppers to play the part of bludging their way through the ruck and at the same time being fit enough to defend at high speed is not going to happen overnight. The roosters took years to develop this. Storm also start with their high speed 2nd rowers to lead the forwards before they settle on a prop pair. Panthers have done the same with Fisher Harris and Moses Leota only recently being elevated to that top echelon of props. 

So in my opinion, we need to be patient with the rebuild of our forward pack. We have to firstly complement Thompson with 1 or 2 other mobile second rowers that can increase our ruck speed in both attack and defence before we can look at the big bopper forwards that can bash through the line.
hounddog
hounddog
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Marki - 12 May 2021 12:13 PM

The forwards this team needs, are the high speed ruck players that run up and down in defence and charge into holes in attack.
This team needs a 5 year plan before the forward become effective.
The only way you fix us is to throw in high speed ruck players to get the team playing at the right speed. You will have to accept errors.
Over time (couple of years) you then get big boppers that can provide the mongrel with little to no loss of ruck speed.

Trying to get big boppers to play the part of bludging their way through the ruck and at the same time being fit enough to defend at high speed is not going to happen overnight. The roosters took years to develop this. Storm also start with their high speed 2nd rowers to lead the forwards before they settle on a prop pair. Panthers have done the same with Fisher Harris and Moses Leota only recently being elevated to that top echelon of props. 

So in my opinion, we need to be patient with the rebuild of our forward pack. We have to firstly complement Thompson with 1 or 2 other mobile second rowers that can increase our ruck speed in both attack and defence before we can look at the big bopper forwards that can bash through the line.

Our defense can be improved with a good hooker and better 2nd rowers.
Thompson and Jackson are good defensively up the middle.
It is all about the right mix, we can't afford to lose every collision..

Bellamy changed the Storm style of play and went for more size after we over powered them a few times.
A team needs 1-2 big bodies in the middle most of the time.
Line speed should be fast on the edges, win the ruck and the middle will be set.
Our 6 agains conceded the are inside the 10 or losing the collision.

Good teams are always the right blend. Our spine is the pressing issue, sort that out and everything else will be easier.
Marki
Marki
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

hounddog - 12 May 2021 12:27 PM
Marki - 12 May 2021 12:13 PM

Our defense can be improved with a good hooker and better 2nd rowers.
Thompson and Jackson are good defensively up the middle.
It is all about the right mix, we can't afford to lose every collision..

Bellamy changed the Storm style of play and went for more size after we over powered them a few times.
A team needs 1-2 big bodies in the middle most of the time.
Line speed should be fast on the edges, win the ruck and the middle will be set.
Our 6 agains conceded the are inside the 10 or losing the collision.

Good teams are always the right blend. Our spine is the pressing issue, sort that out and everything else will be easier.

I dont disagree with your last line's focus.

The way the rules are nowdays, a team that routinely can score 5 or 6 tries a game (over 30 points) is more likely to win than a team that prides itself on keeping teams to 2 or 3 tries (under 18 points).

I strongly believe Barrett knows this, and so I'm backing him to restructure our style.

I reckon we must first become a team that can score 30 points before we become a team that can couple that with giving away less than 18 points.

I feel our focus has been the reverse for the last 9 years and it has been to our detriment.

Mick O
Mick O
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Marki - 12 May 2021 1:47 PM
hounddog - 12 May 2021 12:27 PM

I dont disagree with your last line's focus.

The way the rules are nowdays, a team that routinely can score 5 or 6 tries a game (over 30 points) is more likely to win than a team that prides itself on keeping teams to 2 or 3 tries (under 18 points).

I strongly believe Barrett knows this, and so I'm backing him to restructure our style.

I reckon we must first become a team that can score 30 points before we become a team that can couple that with giving away less than 18 points.

I feel our focus has been the reverse for the last 9 years and it has been to our detriment.

I think the Melbourne Storm game plan is the ideal one.  Bellamy’s number one goal every game is not to concede a point. That’s what the Bulldogs focus always has been. Defence wins games. The biggest games. 

Yes we need to focus on scoring points when we have our defence right. But the defence hasn’t been good enough since Hasler left. Clearly any good coach would understand this. Even Dean Pay did. Our defence is horrific at best. 

With the six again rule changes the game certainly is more attack orientated. But the best teams are still the best defensive outfits. 

I’m going to be blunt. This season does spear to be a write off. A lot of players need to be let go. The recruitment for this year has been terrible. It could take another five years or more to get back to the top. I honestly think we need an experienced halfback and hooker and at least two more experienced props. And even then I don’t think we have the right coach. 

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

15000 people sweating, dribbling and his knows what else in each other watching Grinspoon then catching trains... no masks...
but to chick $20 in a police having a beers with a minut it’s masks on...
Have I said wank, wank, wank, massive wank before???...
ODF
ODF
Pro

I wouldn't be too concerned about adjusting the forwards to be right up there regarding the 6 again rules. I csn see V'Landys backing down a bit because look at the injury rate since its introduction. I doubt there will be a tesm left at seasons end that could boast a full compliment of 30 fully fit/uninjured players.

dman2018
dman2018
Legend

And the asking people to just wear it around your neck or hanging off an ear if another massive wank... fvck I’m glad grew up when I did and am gonna be dead in the 50 years... #1984 will be every year...
#wank...
#lipservice...
#myfeelingsmatter...
ODF
ODF
Pro

Marki  WTF is a "high speed ruck player" I hope you are not referring to forwards. The speed of the game is killing them.
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

dman2018 - 12 May 2021 5:28 PM
15000 people sweating, dribbling and his knows what else in each other watching Grinspoon then catching trains... no masks...
but to chick $20 in a police having a beers with a minut it’s masks on...
Have I said wank, wank, wank, massive wank before???...

Chuck $20 in a pokie*
auto correct can go and get fvcked as well...
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

ODF - 12 May 2021 5:32 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned about adjusting the forwards to be right up there regarding the 6 again rules. I csn see V'Landys backing down a bit because look at the injury rate since its introduction. I doubt there will be a tesm left at seasons end that could boast a full compliment of 30 fully fit/uninjured players.

Yeah but that would then leaning to Markis go to, causation correlation... maybe it’s just bad luck or certain teams are discovering the negative effect of HGH...
Villi
Villi
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

What did you say to Flanagan to make him cry Dman?
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Villi - 12 May 2021 5:47 PM
What did you say to Flanagan to make him cry Dman?

Same thing I said to you, with the same result...
But I don’t think it fair in you or Flanno to share on a public forum.,,
#hugs...
Villi
Villi
Pro

dman2018 - 12 May 2021 7:15 PM
Villi - 12 May 2021 5:47 PM

Same thing I said to you, with the same result...
But I don’t think it fair in you or Flanno to share on a public forum.,,
#hugs...

So you hit on him?
Edited
3 Years Ago by Villi
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Villi - 12 May 2021 7:51 PM
dman2018 - 12 May 2021 7:15 PM

So you hit on him?

Gold!!!...
zoz2015
zoz2015
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)Hardcore Fan (260 reputation)

ODF - 12 May 2021 9:22 AM
All this is true. If he learns to play well this season behind the rabble we have then once we get some forwards that have mongrel and can bend the oppostions line Flannagan will be better....expotentially better and so will our backline. If you dare venture into the Dogpound(kennel) those posters are beying for blood. We know that it's going to take time  to sort sh!t out but some fans seem to think that 9 or 10 weeks are ample. They need a reality check  because we have so many off contract it may take the rest of this season to sort it all out.

Flanno was thrown under bus, his form was not that good but there are a few others in the team which are under performing.. Maybe Baz will need a whole fleet of buses before seasons end . 😎
dman2018
dman2018
Legend

Freddy on Flanno-
"It's most probably a lesson to Canterbury. I still haven't seen (Roosters teenage star) Joseph Suaalii in front of a camera yet," Fittler said on Wide World of Sports' Freddy and the Eighth.

WTF has Suaalii got to do with the anything, bloke hasn’t played a game... 

Villi
Villi
Pro

dman2018 - 13 May 2021 2:59 PM
Freddy on Flanno-
"It's most probably a lesson to Canterbury. I still haven't seen (Roosters teenage star) Joseph Suaalii in front of a camera yet," Fittler said on Wide World of Sports' Freddy and the Eighth.

WTF has Suaalii got to do with the anything, bloke hasn’t played a game... 

Didn’t T Baz ball his eyes out the other week.... where was the outcry then?

Villi
Villi
Pro

Villi - 13 May 2021 3:18 PM

Or when Dman lost his luggage on route from Melbourne, via Brisbane, Adelaide, Campsie & all stations to Central
Marki
Marki
World Class

I cry after 5mins of every one of our games....

Where's the outcry?
Villi
Villi
Pro

Marki - 13 May 2021 4:35 PM

I cry after 5mins of every one of our games....

Where's the outcry?

So Doc.... as the club’s unofficial Welfare Officer & an expert in sports performance, what words of wisdom did you have for Mr Flanagan?
Villi
Villi
Pro

Doc’s mate Brenko Lee signs with Broncos
Zef
Zef
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Ok, your dog starts eating sh.t, what do you do? My beautiful, beautiful girl, she’s a turd eater. Not hers, her brothers.... which I guess is even worse.

I consulted the intdernet, it tells me to spray the turd with lemon juice, my beautiful girl just thinks it’s me flavouring turd for her - lemon turd from the kitchen of Zef Meister.

I got to solve this, there’s nothing more gut wrenching for a doggy parent than a turd eating dog.

For now I’m just picking them up as I see them, beating her to it. But I can’t just follow Max around all day, there’s gonna be a turd I miss.

what’s the f***in’ solution,  I’m heart broken here. My beautiful, beautiful girl....
Marki
Marki
World Class

Villi - 13 May 2021 5:26 PM
Doc’s mate Brenko Lee signs with Broncos

Now there's a player that can create....

I always like Brenko. Had an error or 2 in him but he could always create more than he would give away. Our current centers cant create shit.
Marki
Marki
World Class

Zef - 13 May 2021 5:57 PM
Ok, your dog starts eating sh.t, what do you do? My beautiful, beautiful girl, she’s a turd eater. Not hers, her brothers.... which I guess is even worse.

I consulted the intdernet, it tells me to spray the turd with lemon juice, my beautiful girl just thinks it’s me flavouring turd for her - lemon turd from the kitchen of Zef Meister.

I got to solve this, there’s nothing more gut wrenching for a doggy parent than a turd eating dog.

For now I’m just picking them up as I see them, beating her to it. But I can’t just follow Max around all day, there’s gonna be a turd I miss.

what’s the f***in’ solution,  I’m heart broken here. My beautiful, beautiful girl....

Wrap the turd in Bulldogs colors.

That might turn her off....
Marki
Marki
World Class

Zef, can we get your thoughts on Flanagan being hooked last week and dropped this week?
Marki
Marki
World Class

Marki - 13 May 2021 8:04 PM
Zef - 13 May 2021 5:57 PM

Wrap the turd in Bulldogs colors.

That might turn her off....

Actually... if you wrap the turd in Manly colours with the words Des on it, she might vomit or shit on top of it....
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search