Socceroos great Mark Bresciano breaks bad as a cannabis farmer

Socceroos great Mark Bresciano breaks bad as a cannabis farmer

Author
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
SOCCEROOS great Mark Bresciano has sent his career up in smoke — by becoming a cannabis farmer.The 84-cap Australia international had long spells with Parma and Palermo in Italy’s Serie A, and also played for Lazio and Empoli,” The Sun reports.Winger Bresciano agreed a four-year contract with Manchester City in 2008, but remained with Palermo when the deal broke downNow retired and living in Melbourne, the 38-year-old has begun growing dope for medical uses.Mark Bresciano is a Socceroos great.Mark Bresciano is a Socceroos great.Source:News Limited“I’m investing in property these days, and working on cultivating cannabis,” he said.“At present I am studying with a partner who is working towards producing marijuana-based medicines within the next year.“The company is called Greenhope. We have identified a site and obtained the necessary licences.“There is still a long way to go before we can produce cannabis-based drugs.“For the moment we are going to Canada and the US to learn more, as well as Europe — where there are experts.Mark Bresciano is on the grass.Mark Bresciano is on the grass.Source:Getty Images“I miss playing football. It is like a religion in Italy.“But I have lost my passion for the professional game. I am just a spectator these days.”Greenhope has launched a fledgling website, bearing the message: “Hope Is Coming ... the movement is medicinal.”Bresciano hung up his boots in 2015 after a three-year spell with Qatari club Al-Gharafa.He was last year picked by the FFA (Football Federation Australia) as part of a nine man panel responsible for selecting Dutch manager Bert van Marwijk to coach the Socceroos to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia this year.— This story originally appeared on thesun.co.uk

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/socceroos-great-mark-bresciano-breaks-bad-as-a-cannabis-farmer/news-story/1ea28874e64b3e3fef8347cf578a46f2

ARNIE= LEGEND

PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Nice
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Good on him. The stigma on cannabis is absurd 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

I think he'll definitely be taking the chicken now, particularly at about 10pm on Friday night.
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
At least his money won't necessarily go up in smoke 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

He's already bald so he has the Walter White look down pat.

WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

paladisious - 27 Sep 2018 7:35 PM
He's already bald so he has the Walter White look down pat.

Just hope he doesn't have lung cancer. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by WSF
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Shame to lose him from the game, one of the greatest.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Seriously though he "breaks bad" and has put his career "up in smoke" because he's openly investing in a medicinal company that happens to use a naturally occurring plant that is absurdly prohibited? Yellow journalism at its finest 

I wonder what article (if any) would be written if he invested in a pharmaceutical company that produces chemicals that were a part of the wider opioid epidemic?

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

marconi101 - 27 Sep 2018 9:46 PM
Seriously though he "breaks bad" and has put his career "up in smoke" because he's openly investing in a medicinal company that happens to use a naturally occurring plant that is absurdly prohibited? Yellow journalism at its finest 

I wonder what article (if any) would be written if he invested in a pharmaceutical company that produces chemicals that were a part of the wider opioid epidemic?

Why are you even surprised?

HighTimes
HighTimes
Amateur
Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)

He was always a very creative player, able to see things other players could not. Also great at distribution etc... 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Marconi makes some great points.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Despite all the hoopla around medicinal cannibas the science around this is shaky at best.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/medical-marijuana-where-is-the-evidence/

But good for Bresh if he can make a go of this.

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Burztur - 28 Sep 2018 7:32 AM

I thought that was obvious and we were all just making weed puns.
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

I guess its because the evidence for marajuana's medicinal benefits over other drugs is weak and the evidence is established and strong for the medicinal benefits of the pharmaceuticals that are abused by some people?

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Burztur - 28 Sep 2018 7:32 AM

Which ones?

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

The legalisation of previously prohibited drugs will in the coming decades make a surreal amount of money.   
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Enzo Bearzot - 28 Sep 2018 10:15 AM

I guess its because the evidence for marajuana's medicinal benefits over other drugs is weak and the evidence is established and strong for the medicinal benefits of the pharmaceuticals that are abused by some people?

Treat the person not just the symptom.

City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Look at the source and your question is answered, least reputable and most vile paper in the world.
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Better Call Saul?.

Wellington Phoenix FC

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

I’m not in danger I am the danger!!!
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Look, he doesn't inhale any of it.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

ErogenousZone - 28 Sep 2018 2:47 PM

The legalisation of previously prohibited drugs will in the coming decades make a surreal amount of money.   

I couldn't agree with me more on that one.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Best bot bump in a while.
Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

RedKat - 27 Sep 2018 4:36 PM
SOCCEROOS great Mark Bresciano has sent his career up in smoke — by becoming a cannabis farmer.The 84-cap Australia international had long spells with Parma and Palermo in Italy’s Serie A, and also played for Lazio and Empoli,” The Sun reports.Winger Bresciano agreed a four-year contract with Manchester City in 2008, but remained with Palermo when the deal broke downNow retired and living in Melbourne, the 38-year-old has begun growing dope for medical uses.Mark Bresciano is a Socceroos great.Mark Bresciano is a Socceroos great.Source:News Limited“I’m investing in property these days, and working on cultivating cannabis,” he said.“At present I am studying with a partner who is working towards producing marijuana-based medicines within the next year.“The company is called Greenhope. We have identified a site and obtained the necessary licences.“There is still a long way to go before we can produce cannabis-based drugs.“For the moment we are going to Canada and the US to learn more, as well as Europe — where there are experts.Mark Bresciano is on the grass.Mark Bresciano is on the grass.Source:Getty Images“I miss playing football. It is like a religion in Italy.“But I have lost my passion for the professional game. I am just a spectator these days.”Greenhope has launched a fledgling website, bearing the message: “Hope Is Coming ... the movement is medicinal.”Bresciano hung up his boots in 2015 after a three-year spell with Qatari club Al-Gharafa.He was last year picked by the FFA (Football Federation Australia) as part of a nine man panel responsible for selecting Dutch manager Bert van Marwijk to coach the Socceroos to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia this year.— This story originally appeared on thesun.co.uk

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/socceroos-great-mark-bresciano-breaks-bad-as-a-cannabis-farmer/news-story/1ea28874e64b3e3fef8347cf578a46f2

Interesting.

It isn't legal to  grow it for medicinal purposes in my home state - yet.

It should be. Some people I know  get their best pain relief for chronic illnesses  through cannabis, but  don't want to get stoned.  

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

All drugs used incorrectly or over used cause issues ...

The media attacks on marijuana have been huge over decades yet in the 30's and prior it was OK...

I have a client who works for a Sydney based company seeking a similar license ... 

You can buy cheaper water at Aldi catalogue.

The medical reports on pain relief and on nerves is growing by the day...

Good on him ... much respect... 
Edited
8 Months Ago by paladisious
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

geez imagine if he went to city in 2008
paulc
paulc
Legend

Bresciano made 2 drastic mistakes.

1. Playing in Palermo amongst the mafia and
2. Living in Melbourne 

In a resort somewhere

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Bresc fact: He’s got his name on his rego plates. 
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I'd rather maintain the brain function of a normal person.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search