Najjarine can be better than Arzani: Brattan

Najjarine can be better than Arzani: Brattan

Author
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
By Michael Lynch

Edited
6 Years Ago by Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Interesting comparsions on the two.
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

That's huge wraps on Najjarine. I'd heard he was ahead of Azani in the pecking order before injury. Lets hope he is as good.

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

thats a big wrap
how did he look in that hour?
JayEss
JayEss
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

grazorblade - 18 Dec 2018 3:57 PM
thats a big wrap
how did he look in that hour?

I'll be honest, he was fairly quiet. Was out on the right wing and most of City's attack was going down the left. He did show brief glimpses of his technical ability though I thought, I think it's a case of him just needing minutes to get adjusted to the higher level and his teammates getting more confidence in his creative abilities also.. Definitely seems similar to Arzani in terms of directness but he didn't get too many chances to run with the ball at his feet. He is another youngster who loves a stepover haha.

I was just pleased to see McGree, Wales, Atkinson and Najjarine on the pitch for City. McGree was probably the real midfield leader I thought. He really reminds me of Mooy, I think he can be better that Aaron in a few years time.

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Arzani also said the Ramy was ahead of himself
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Two years later. Whats everyones thoughts?

sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Ds98 - 30 Aug 2020 9:14 PM
Two years later. Whats everyones thoughts?

He’s played poorly this season. He needs a bit more pace to really threaten. Clearly skilful though, but doesn’t look he has enough minutes in him nor enough confidence  
jasongenova
jasongenova
Hacker
Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)Hacker (438 reputation)

He may be technically better than Daniel, but the difference is Arzani is built for senior football. More of a Powerful athlete, Najjarine is always going to be that player that dominates in youth league but cant do it against men
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Starting him weekly next season. Didn't see too much of it for Olyroos. Good luck.
Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Mombaerts talked about aggression and hunger during the week being a major floor of young Aussie players, Ramy not playing much this season all of a sudden makes sense including his generous cameo in the final tonight. He never looked up for it, was on his heels for any 50/50 that came his way and in general was far too much off the pace.

In saying that Wales and Noone were pretty bloody toothless tonight, so perhaps Melbourne City need to work on wingers for next season full-stop

sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Ds98 - 30 Aug 2020 9:39 PM
Mombaerts talked about aggression and hunger during the week being a major floor of young Aussie players, Ramy not playing much this season all of a sudden makes sense including his generous cameo in the final tonight. He never looked up for it, was on his heels for any 50/50 that came his way and in general was far too much off the pace.

In saying that Wales and Noone were pretty bloody toothless tonight, so perhaps Melbourne City need to work on wingers for next season full-stop

Noone was terrible. I thought surprisingly Wales was good tonight. I actually don’t know why they took him off. He was stretching Sydney with his pace and giving King a really hard time. King looked much more comfortable after he went off. 
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

sportaddict - 30 Aug 2020 9:49 PM
Ds98 - 30 Aug 2020 9:39 PM

Noone was terrible. I thought surprisingly Wales was good tonight. I actually don’t know why they took him off. He was stretching Sydney with his pace and giving King a really hard time. King looked much more comfortable after he went off. 

That's true, Wales got past King a few times. Credit where credit is due, King was pretty damn solid tonight overall, great performance from a 19-year- old in a GF.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

I think he's disappointed, I expected better development from him this season considering his potential but as mentioned even though he might be more of a technical player than the likes of Wales and Noone it seems he lacks in a few things mostly mental and physical which the later have and as wingers this is important (Even Arzani has this in some degree)

He looks shy and uncomfortable when he plays, he tends to back away rather than take a lead like Arzani where he's all confidence I cant say the same thing with Najjarine unfortunately.

I can see Mombaerts where he's coming about the lack of aggression and in general risk adversity in Australian players.

He should take hope with Max Burgess a similar player but a few years playing below the aleague in the NPL has done him a world of good to build his confidence and his physical capacity, just another reason why the lack of opportunities and game time has really stunted players from the ages of 17 to 23.
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

When someone is compared unfavourably to Lachie Wales, its time for them to get a real job. Wales is fast and flash, but where is the end product?
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Footballking55 - 31 Aug 2020 8:41 AM
When someone is compared unfavourably to Lachie Wales, its time for them to get a real job. Wales is fast and flash, but where is the end product?

All of these young guys at Melbourne City have showed glimpses of what they can do whether that be in the AL or for the Young Socceroos. They've just never done it consistently, bar Metcalfe to an extent and Atkinson. 

I remember when Wales literally burst on the scene for CCM and got an assist in his first app. I was like gee this kids got a bit about him, but since then he hasn't improved to the extent where he's doing that consistently, even with the move to Melbourne City. 
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Not good enough. As I said many moons ago. 
Doesn’t have the desire to be successful

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Brattan was a bit generous with praise 2 years ago. Ramy been playing while Arzani has been injured- only just started playing senior minutes again. Ramy has talent but seems to lack confidence?? Might benefit from beefing up a bit in the gym before next season 
Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Just goes to show how rare a talent Arzani was- skill, strength, intelligence and self belief. 

I recall an interview where he said he told friends he would play at the World Cup in France when he was still a bit player at City.

Man I do hope Arzani recovers-  a once in decade player for Australia.

Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker
Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)

I haven't seen any evidence in the games that I have watched Najjarine play to say that he is better technically than Arzani , one of the games that I saw Najjarine play he missed a couple of real sitters because he tried to score with his left foot when technically the right foot was the correct/better option. Why did he not use his right foot, was it due to lack of confidence, nerves, poor technical ability or was it a combination of all ?

Brattan might have seen Najjarine do something at training once or twice and just decided then and there to talk him up, maybe it was an attempt to try and build Najjarine's confidence, maybe Brattan is right and for some reason it just hasn't happened for Najjarine in his A league games to date or maybe Brattan just got his assessment of Najjarine and Arzani's comparison of technical ability wrong, time will tell. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

josh sydneyfc - 31 Aug 2020 9:47 AM
Not good enough. As I said many moons ago. 
Doesn’t have the desire to be successful

Do you hold that view with grant? His clearly to good for the league let’s see him play somewhere else
Ds98
Ds98
Pro

Footballfirst - 31 Aug 2020 11:11 AM
I haven't seen any evidence in the games that I have watched Najjarine play to say that he is better technically than Arzani , one of the games that I saw Najjarine play he missed a couple of real sitters because he tried to score with his left foot when technically the right foot was the correct/better option. Why did he not use his right foot, was it due to lack of confidence, nerves, poor technical ability or was it a combination of all ?

Brattan might have seen Najjarine do something at training once or twice and just decided then and there to talk him up, maybe it was an attempt to try and build Najjarine's confidence, maybe Brattan is right and for some reason it just hasn't happened for Najjarine in his A league games to date or maybe Brattan just got his assessment of Najjarine and Arzani's comparison of technical ability wrong, time will tell. 

All good points. 
Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker
Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)

Footballking55 - 31 Aug 2020 8:41 AM

True, his crossing and finishing is terrible.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

Ive decided to bring it up and after my doubts on him originally in the covid bubble.

Tthe first two games in he's finally performing from the original hype, the kid doesnt realise how good he can become with magic left foot (aka wand) he's got.

Every time Newcastle looked to create a chance he's been a major part of it, best creative talent we had since Rogic.

Just shows how impotent game time is for these kids to develop overall, this period might be a blessing for Aus football in the long haul.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Barca4Life
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Yea I’m one who bashed him earlier on too, not his biggest fan yet but he has something. If he can do it a few more times I’ll be on board. He was good tonight against the wobblers 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Being better than Arzani is setting the bar quite low currently. Is Arzani injured or has simply been dropped? It surely can't be the latter as he featured often enough.
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

johnszasz - 8 Jan 2021 10:35 PM
Being better than Arzani is setting the bar quite low currently. Is Arzani injured or has simply been dropped? It surely can't be the latter as he featured often enough.

Saw pics of him training with Senior team just before their last match but didn’t make 1st team or Jong Utrecht squads 😡 Has there ever been a more frustrating start to a Euro career than his?! Would be very surprised if he ever plays in 1st Utrecht team again at this stage
JayEss
JayEss
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

The loan to Newcastle this season might turn out to be a great career move.

He needs full SEASONS in the a-league though, not just flashy season, before his agent tries to cash in and he's warming a bench in Europe for 3 years or so before coming home with his tail between his legs like so many before him.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

I saw bits and pieces of the game and he looked great. He looks way better centrally than as a 10.

Interestingly DDS as we know is also very good technically and has a low centre of gravity but has done the opposite and looks way better out wide. Any idea why this is the case?
Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

sub007 - 9 Jan 2021 12:01 AM
I saw bits and pieces of the game and he looked great. He looks way better centrally than as a 10.

Interestingly DDS as we know is also very good technically and has a low centre of gravity but has done the opposite and looks way better out wide. Any idea why this is the case?

No idea.

I'm just glad both are playing reasonable finally.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search