Dragons Camp

Dragons Camp

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I expect there is already a thread on the Dragons.. but as there is no search platform I do not know where it is. 

I have followed my Dragons for as long as I can remember. Many decades is all I will own up to to. Lets just say I met Sticks Provan just before he hung up his huge boots. I actually went to his Sydney electrical store and cajoled him into signing my scrap book. I was about 10 and came up to the huge man's waist.

There have been the halcyon days when we won a world record 11 premierships with superstars of their day, Kearney, Wilson, Walsh, Gasnier, Raper, Smith, King and Langlands to the lowest of the low ebb when we sold our soul to merge with another team. 

Under our best ever CEO Frank Facer we secured many of the greats of the day  while under our worst Peter Doust we lost many good players and our reputation . These days St George juniors are few on the ground.. Loyalty is a thing of the past.. giving way to greed. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Things that are happening at the Dragons never cease to amaze me. I was reading this morning that Mary is planning to introduce his "x factor" Mat Dufty into matches. This is only going to disrupt our game plan surely.. as his introduction will mean positional changes for no fewer than four players. Is this wise. If I believed Dufty was worth all the trouble I would agree.. but he is not. He has pace.. that is about it.. No ball playing ability and some of his defensive reads are poor at best. But this matters not. Mary says he has the "x" factor.
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 4 Mar 2019 11:46 AM
Things that are happening at the Dragons never cease to amaze me. I was reading this morning that Mary is planning to introduce his "x factor" Mat Dufty into matches. This is only going to disrupt our game plan surely.. as his introduction will mean positional changes for no fewer than four players. Is this wise. If I believed Dufty was worth all the trouble I would agree.. but he is not. He has pace.. that is about it.. No ball playing ability and some of his defensive reads are poor at best. But this matters not. Mary says he has the "x" factor.

The Dragons have little hope of making the semis without JDB. His lock replacement Frizz is now out for up to six weeks with a groin injury. This will test out forward bench strength. 
sasha
sasha
Rising Star
Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)Rising Star (958 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 18 Mar 2019 1:34 PM
baggygreenmania - 4 Mar 2019 11:46 AM

The Dragons have little hope of making the semis without JDB. His lock replacement Frizz is now out for up to six weeks with a groin injury. This will test out forward bench strength. 

great win buy the boys on friday night hopefully more to come

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

It was a big surprise. Lifted my spirits. 
Some additional  good news in that Gaz is back in August.. round 22/23 docs are saying. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Despite losing their chief playmaker, skipper and goalkicker.. the Dragons are showing some mongrel. I have never been a fan of Golden Point but I can live with it if it gives my Dragons the win.
Edited
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search