17.19% - 11 votes Super Pumped
17.19% 11 votes
26.56% - 17 votes Honestly WTF is with the 6 month off season
26.56% 17 votes
20.31% - 13 votes looking forward to watching domestic football
20.31% 13 votes
10.94% - 7 votes New team, new vision but classic football cant wait
10.94% 7 votes
Member Votes: 45, Guest Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Im pretty excited i am an EPL fan but i do miss the domestic league due to the longgggg off season. 

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

scott20won
scott20won
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

No pro mo no cry

libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
No one would even know its close to starting. Marketing has been non-existent. Completely invisible.  What an absolute farce.

Thanks new ffa/indy hal...
chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

It’s the First season I am looking forward to the NBL more than I am the A league.
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

No interest in a league with a rigged fixture.

Viennese Vuck

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

It always raises a smile when people complain about lack of marketing for the coming season and it makes me wonder what people expect? 

In Brisbane it looks something like this: 

* Roar just completed their 10th publicity event with about 25,000 people attending so far (their next one is coming up soon with 5,000+ expected in Hervey Bay). 

* Roars insta, Twitter and Facebook pages are full of new season stuff and you can’t avoid it if you’re connected to them. These platforms reach about 250,000 users. 

* Same for the A Leagues socials; if you’re connected you can’t miss it. These platforms reach nearly a million users. 

* Football Queensland socials have done some (but fairly limited) promotion which normally ramps up after finals has finished. This is another 100,000 users. 

* Roar have been attending various clubs Presentation Days. Yesterday my clubs junior presentation day was attended by about 5,000 people and at the Center of it all was a giant inflatable pitch branded Roar, and at the awards speech itself Rory the Lion is handing out prizes in his Roar shirt. 

* Suncorp Stadium socials have been promoting the new season and the fact Roar are next up at the venue. These platforms also reach about half a million people. 

* In the next couple of weeks around 30,000 junior players will be contacted offering them free Roar Rascals membership for the new season. (Personally I think this should be done a month sooner as timing is everything). 

Whats not working all that well and could be improved: 

* Local (print) media coverage is generally poor and they carry more EPL stories than Roar, and in fact more Adelaide Utd stories than Roar. And what they do have is pay walled. 

* TV/Radio coverage exists, especially ABC local and C10 who both report frequently but there’s not enough of it. 

But basically if you are “connected” you can’t miss the season countdown which started at 100 days, 50 days, and just passed 28 days ... 

If you’re not connected it’s a different story. But then again how many people know:

- if the Netball Grand Final was last weekend or next?
- when the Super Rugby season starts? 
- when the NBL season starts? 

All three have had major news stories this past week - who read about those?? 

So so what do people expect?

(and huge assumption other clubs are doing similar things to Roar) 
Edited
5 Years Ago by Waz
saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)

Waz - 16 Sep 2019 7:06 AM
It always raises a smile when people complain about lack of marketing for the coming season and it makes me wonder what people expect? 

In Brisbane in looks something like this: 

* Roar just completed their 10th publicity event with about 25,000 people attending so far (their next one is coming up soon with 5,000+ expected in Hervey Bay). 

* Roars insta, Twitter and Facebook pages are full of new season stuff and you can’t avoid it if you’re connected to them. These platforms reach about 250,000 users. 

* Same for the A Leagues socials; if you’re connected you can’t miss it. These platforms reach nearly a million users. 

* Football Queensland socials have done some (but fairly limited) promotion which normally ramps up after finals has finished. This is another 100,000 users. 

* Roar have been attending various clubs Presentation Days. Yesterday my clubs junior presentation day was attended by about 5,000 people and at the Center of it all was a giant inflatable pitch branded Roar, and at the awards speech itself Rory the Lion is handing out prizes in his Roar shirt. 

* Suncorp Stadium socials have been promoting the new season and the fact Roar are next up at the venue. These platforms also reach about half a million people. 

* In the next couple of weeks around 30,000 junior players will be contacted offering them free Roar Rascals membership for the new season. (Personally I think this should be done a month sooner as timing is everything). 

* Local (print) media coverage is generally poor and they carry more EPL stories than Roar, and in fact more Adelaide Utd stories than Roar. And what they do have is pay walled. 

* TV/Radio coverage exists, especially ABC local and C10 who both report frequently but there’s not enough of it. 

But basically if you are “connected” you can’t miss the season countdown which started at 100 days, 50 days, and just passed 28 days ... 

If you’re not connected it’s a different story. But then again how many people know:

But hang on Waz.... that wouldn’t suit Libel’s anti new dawners, slap face. blah blah blah agenda. 
Don’t you know that S Lowy was such a great leader.... a man of the people? 
Edited
5 Years Ago by saweston
JayEss
JayEss
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

The FFA Cup can only tide me over so much, really frustrated by the long off seasons now. Needs to be rectified.

Edited
5 Years Ago by JayEss
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

saweston - 16 Sep 2019 7:23 AM

But hang on Waz.... that wouldn’t suit Libel’s ant new dawners, slap face. blah blah blah agenda. 
Don’t you know that S Lowy was such a great leader.... a man of the people? 

lol, true (although he wasn’t the target of my post as he’s only here for the sport basically). 

I can’t remember previous years where marketing was any better/worse tbh?? 
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Pumped, glad to start a new era without the old ffa at the helm. 
Edited
5 Years Ago by WSF
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

i feel the a league is a whisper in the loud restaurant that is this country which has a lot going.

i know we want to target football fans but we need to have a presence we can't be in the background anymore 
saweston
saweston
Amateur
Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)Amateur (505 reputation)

Waz - 16 Sep 2019 7:51 AM
saweston - 16 Sep 2019 7:23 AM

lol, true (although he wasn’t the target of my post as he’s only here for the sport basically). 

I can’t remember previous years where marketing was any better/worse tbh?? 

Yeah it's hard to tell. The social marketing is certainly more evident. Not sure about print as I don't bother buying newspapers anymore. Not sure about Fox as I only have Kayo, and it's a bit of wait and see with the FTA. Interestingly Melbourne City have advertised quite a bit on one of those rotating advertising boards at my gym.   
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Local coverage for the Jerks has been extensive. Everyone knows when the season starts and how the team is going. 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

I answered 4 out of 5.   :)
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

I'm pumped to see how these young Nix players go throughout the season, would be good to unearth another Singh in a year we are destine to nab the wooden spoon.

Wellington Phoenix FC

Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

@Waz, Victory is pretty much the same at the moment. Massive social media presence with huge reach. Lots of community work etc. Only real newspaper coverage is when new player signings are announced.
Absolutely pumped for a new season and era. Looking forward to seeing how Victory play under Kurz. Looking forward to seeing how WU go with regards to crowd and atmosphere.
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

First 4 poll options are the same, and the inability to vote a negative makes it more of a statement

Based on the team in 5th often winning the next season, and 7 different winners in 8 seasons, MC have the best chance to win the premiership this year

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

the only prob is the long off season.
Only those invested are in the know, Waz covers most in general.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Pretty pumped, if only for seeing Victory playing under a new (and tactically astute) coach with a squad stacked with quality all over the park. 

Not so keen for the league in general though. I think WU will be a bit of a shitshow until they get into their new stadium. If it was Macarthur coming in this year I'd be alot more optimistic. 
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

there seems to have been a bit of talk about a September start in social media circles. My view is that the season should have kicked off on the weekend just gone. 

Bocca
Bocca
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 16 Sep 2019 3:26 PM
there seems to have been a bit of talk about a September start in social media circles. My view is that the season should have kicked off on the weekend just gone. 

Apparently the owners a going to spend big on advertising, but you don't want to start spending money too early IMO. 
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Bocca - 16 Sep 2019 4:41 PM
Feed_The_Brox - 16 Sep 2019 3:26 PM

Apparently the owners a going to spend big on advertising, but you don't want to start spending money too early IMO. 

On the ABC?

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

bluebird - 16 Sep 2019 2:05 PM
First 4 poll options are the same, and the inability to vote a negative makes it more of a statement

Pretty obvious it was a light hearted jab at the likes of you and libel and your respective negative Nancy routines. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

With a bit of luck that might just be enough to sell out Redcliffe Roar games at Dolphin Oval. All 9k tickets.

Phwoar!
WSF
WSF
Pro

sydneyfc1987 - 16 Sep 2019 5:55 PM
bluebird - 16 Sep 2019 2:05 PM

Pretty obvious it was a light hearted jab at the likes of you and libel and your respective negative Nancy routines. 

What a life he must lead, laughing at his own "jokes"
Edited
5 Years Ago by WSF
Waz
Waz
Legend

libel - 16 Sep 2019 6:07 PM

With a bit of luck that might just be enough to sell out Redcliffe Roar games at Dolphin Oval. All 9k tickets.

Phwoar!

Hey, it’s marketing ... deal with it 
libel
libel
Pro

Waz - 16 Sep 2019 6:31 PM
libel - 16 Sep 2019 6:07 PM

Hey, it’s marketing ... deal with it 

Oh, is that what indy hal calls marketing...

Phwoar!
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

After all this civil war nonsense, I've basically lost most of my interest in the sport altogether. I'll still probably watch the Sydney Derbies, particularly WSW home games to see the new stadium and the GF, but they're the only games I know I will definitely watch.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Nice to know Brisbane are putting in some decent promo work.
CanberraHarry
CanberraHarry
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Not at all excited as there is no Canberra team for me to follow. So, only mildly interested, but only in the context of keeping an eye and ear out for the next Kewell or Viduka. One day we’ll find another of that quality.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search