Official AUFC Thread

Official AUFC Thread

Author
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Barca4Life - 28 Feb 2021 7:12 PM
sub007 - 28 Feb 2021 7:06 PM

Only problem is Juande or whoever that Spanish No.6 is not a creative player which your team is lacking I feel.

They aren't so Mauk will have to be a makeshift 10. We were looking for a 10 but couldn't sign one so we've had to settle for a DM (probably Juande) instead.
Edited
3 Years Ago by sub007
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

sub007 - 28 Feb 2021 7:13 PM
Barca4Life - 28 Feb 2021 7:12 PM

They aren't so Mauk will have to be a makeshift 10. We were looking for a 10 but couldn't sign one so we've had to settle for a DM (probably Juande) instead.

Let's see if its enough for Adelaide to make the top 6, very tough to pick this season.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Barca4Life
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Barca4Life - 28 Feb 2021 7:15 PM
sub007 - 28 Feb 2021 7:13 PM

Let's see if its enough for Adelaide to make the top 6, very tough to pick this season.

Yeah for sure, will go down right to the wire.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Hey guys.
For years until this season we used to get emails of the line-up before the game started.

Does anyone still get these?
do you find them somewhere else or just wait till the announcer reads them?

Do they post them to Facebook still?
sub007
sub007
World Class

Davide82 - 5 Mar 2021 2:58 PM
Hey guys.
For years until this season we used to get emails of the line-up before the game started.

Does anyone still get these?
do you find them somewhere else or just wait till the announcer reads them?

Do they post them to Facebook still?

They get posted on all of the club’s socials.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

sub007 - 5 Mar 2021 2:59 PM
Davide82 - 5 Mar 2021 2:58 PM

They get posted on all of the club’s socials.

I never see it on Instagram?

Wonder if I can re-install Facebook and not get drawn into the cesspools of news comment sections which I needed a break from last year aha
Not sure it's worth the risk just to see a line-up.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Davide82
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Tonight's a massive game too when you look at the ladder.

So many teams behind us with games in hand.

Not sure any of the teams are capable of winning all their games in hand but if all 4 just below us won 2/2 or 2/3 games in hand they would all jump us even with a win tonight.

Man I hate the uncertainty of games in hand on a season ladder but I am always comforted by the fact that points in the bag are always better than points to play for.

Most of those teams will lose at least one of those games in hand in such an odd season.
sub007
sub007
World Class

Davide82 - 5 Mar 2021 3:39 PM
sub007 - 5 Mar 2021 2:59 PM

I never see it on Instagram?

Wonder if I can re-install Facebook and not get drawn into the cesspools of news comment sections which I needed a break from last year aha
Not sure it's worth the risk just to see a line-up.

It gets posted on Insta and Twitter an hour before kick off so if you have those then you can avoid using Facey lol.
Edited
3 Years Ago by sub007
sub007
sub007
World Class

sub007 - 28 Feb 2021 5:59 PM
If I were picking the team, this is what I'd go with

Delianov
Strain Elsey Jakobsen Smith
Lopez
Juande Mauk
Halloran Juric Goodwin

Gauci, Marrone, Kitto, D'Arrigo, Niyongabire, A Toure, M Toure

Wouldn't be surprised if Carl picks Abetew ahead of Marrone and Yengi over Al Hassan

I've given this some more thought and I would make a change or two.

Delianov
Strain Lopez Jakobsen Smith
D'Arrigo
Juande Mauk
Halloran Juric Goodwin

Gauci, Elsey, Kitto, Cavallo, Niyongabire, M Toure, A Toure/Yengi

Edited
3 Years Ago by sub007
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

sub007 - 5 Mar 2021 4:03 PM
Davide82 - 5 Mar 2021 3:39 PM

It gets posted on Insta and Twitter an hour before kick off so if you have those then you can avoid using Facey lol.

Just scrolled back through Insta posts and saw one that was the 8th picture in a group of photos.
Explains why I never saw it!

thanks man

sub007
sub007
World Class

A couple of stats that you guys might find interesting.

Elsey has now made 124 appearances for the club, the 9th most in the club's history overtaking Carrusca who finished on 123. He is only 5 appearances behind Pantelis and 14 behind Cornthwaite.

Goodwin now has 27 goals which is the eqaul 5th most in the clubs history, tied with Veart and Carrusca. He is only 2 goals behind Van Dijk and 3 goals behind Cirio.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

So where is Who-ande Juande??
sub007
sub007
World Class

soccerfoo - 13 Mar 2021 5:01 PM
So where is Who-ande Juande??

The midfielder (probably Juande but it's not confirmed) has signed a deal but is waiting to get approval to get into the country.

They'll announce the player has signed when they actually arrive.
Hatzsouk
Hatzsouk
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

The player has arrived and they haven't announced his name yet. Apparently he'll play vs Sydney?
sub007
sub007
World Class

A few milestones tonight.

Jordan Elsey is now our 8th most capped player of all time with 130 appearances. Given the injuries he had at the start of his career, that is a tremendous achievement.

Craig Goodwin played his 100th game for the club, becoming the 22nd player to do so. He also is now on 30 goals which brings him equal third with Cirio.

Ben Halloran scored his 19th goal for the club which makes him our equal 8th top goalscorer, equal with Pablo Sanchez and Nikola Mileusnic.
sub007
sub007
World Class

Adelaide United is delighted to announce Joshua Cavallo has signed a two-year contract extension with the Club.

Cavallo’s current deal was set to expire at the end of the season but he will now remain with the Reds until the end of the 2022/23 campaign.

The 21-year-old has been sensational since his arrival from Western United back in February, demonstrating his consistency and versatility.

After putting pen-to-paper on his new contract, Cavallo said: “I’m really excited for the future and excited that it will be here in a Reds shirt.

“When I first got to the Club, I immediately noticed how good the environment was around the team and that’s something that can definitely contribute to my development.

Joshua Cavallo Adelaide United vs Melbourne Victory

“I’ve previously worked with Carl (Veart) in the Young Socceroos set up and that’s definitely helped me so far this season as I’ve settled into life in South Australia.

“For the rest of this season, I want to play my part in the team and do what I can to help us cement a spot in the finals and push for some silverware.”

Adelaide United Director of Football, Bruce Djite, said: “Josh has made a great start to his Adelaide United career and we believe he can take his impressive performances to another level.

“He has made the most of his opportunities since joining the Club, and that’s down to not just his talent, but more importantly hard work and having the right mentality.

“Josh has been a great team player and produced strong performances in a number of different roles under Carl.

“We’re delighted to have extended his contract and we look forward to his continual growth and development as both a footballer and a person of the highest quality.”

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/reds-extend-cavallo-contract-two-years

Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Fantastic news. He's been outstanding so far, and happy to see the club remaining committed to giving youth a chance. 
Savic
Savic
Rising Star
Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)

The next Jimmy Jeggo, very happy he’s sticking around at AU, he’s been a ripper addition.
sub007
sub007
World Class

3 game of the season to go and Adelaide haven't had a single foreign goalscorer this season.

If none of our foreigners were to score in our remaining three games, surely that would be a first in the A-League?
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

sub007 - 23 May 2021 4:01 PM
3 game of the season to go and Adelaide haven't had a single foreign goalscorer this season.

If none of our foreigners were to score in our remaining three games, surely that would be a first in the A-League?

Wow that is a crazy stat (although hardly surprising considering the positions that our few foreigners play) , just checked and it has never happened for Adelaide. However it has happened before in the A-League, the Mariners in the 2007/08 season (when they finished top) had only one foreigner, Andre Gumprecht, who didn't score that season. It may have happened besides that but I found one so that's enough lol.
sub007
sub007
World Class

milan_7 - 23 May 2021 11:50 PM
sub007 - 23 May 2021 4:01 PM

Wow that is a crazy stat (although hardly surprising considering the positions that our few foreigners play) , just checked and it has never happened for Adelaide. However it has happened before in the A-League, the Mariners in the 2007/08 season (when they finished top) had only one foreigner, Andre Gumprecht, who didn't score that season. It may have happened besides that but I found one so that's enough lol.

Wow, so it’s not an A-League first then.

It’s still an incredible achievement to have 100% of our goals scored by Aussie products though and what’s even more impressive is that 25/36 goals have been scored by South Australians.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Adelaide vs Sydney is a huge game. Hopefully the club does a promotion so it can beat your attendance record for the season 
sub007
sub007
World Class

2020-21 Alagich Vidmar Award Winners

AL Players’ player of the year: Jordan Elsey
WL players’ player of the year: Maruschka Waldus
Members AL player of the year: Ryan Strain
Members WL player of the year: Charli Grant
Moment of the year: Joe Gauci’s save v Sydney FC
AL golden boot: Craig Goodwin
WL golden boot: Chelsie Dawber
AL rising star; Josh Cavallo
WL rising star: Matilda McNamara
Youth player of the year: Jonny Yull
Remo Paris club person of the year: Ivan Karlovic
Aurelio Vidmar Medal: Ben Halloran
Dianne Vidmar Medal: Maruschka Waldus

Congratulations to all of the award winners!
Edited
3 Years Ago by sub007
sub007
sub007
World Class

Adelaide United is delighted to announce the appointment of Vito Basile as the Club’s new Head of Football.

Basile arrives at United with a wealth of football experience, having worked within the national team programs and with some of Australia’s best footballers for the past decade.

Prior to joining the Reds, Basile held key positions with Football Australia, playing a pivotal role in managing male and female high performance programs, including the Socceroos and Westfield Matildas competing at major tournaments.

Between 2014 and 2021, Basile was Football Australia’s Women’s National Performance Manager, leading the Westfield Matildas’ operations and preparation for the 2015 and 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup campaigns and the 2016 Summer Olympics.

He also spent time as the Men’s National Teams Manager and as an Assistant Team Manager with the Socceroos during the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups as well as the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup.

Speaking on his appointment, Basile said: “I’m excited to commence this new challenge at Adelaide United as Head of Football.

“I’ve worked in football for a long time and have a sound understanding of the high performance standards, operations, and administrative aspects involved in the game.

“As a proud South Australian, I’ve closely supported both the men’s and women’s teams since their establishment all those years ago and I want to thank the Club for the faith and trust they’ve shown me already.

“I’m looking forward to working with all stakeholders to further enhance and to build on the previous strong foundations that have been laid at Adelaide United”.

Adelaide United Chief Executive Officer, Nathan Kosmina, said: “Vito brings extensive football pedigree to our Head of Football role.

“We’re bringing in a respected and knowledgeable football person who has been to a combined four FIFA World Cups, a Confederations Cup, as well as an Olympic Games.

“Vito’s role will encompass oversight of our entire football operation, including A-League, W-League, and youth teams.

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/reds-appoint-new-head-football

Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

Adelaide United is delighted to announce the appointment of Vito Basile as the Club’s new Head of Football.

Basile arrives at United with a wealth of football experience, having worked within the national team programs and with some of Australia’s best footballers for the past decade. Prior to joining the Reds, Basile held key positions with Football Australia, playing a pivotal role in managing male and female high performance programs, including the Socceroos and Westfield Matildas competing at major tournaments.

Between 2014 and 2021, Basile was Football Australia’s Women’s National Performance Manager, leading the Westfield Matildas’ operations and preparation for the 2015 and 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup campaigns and the 2016 Summer Olympics. He also spent time as the Men’s National Teams Manager and as an Assistant Team Manager with the Socceroos during the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups as well as the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup.

Speaking on his appointment, Basile said: “I’m excited to commence this new challenge at Adelaide United as Head of Football. I’ve worked in football for a long time and have a sound understanding of the high performance standards, operations, and administrative aspects involved in the game. As a proud South Australian, I’ve closely supported both the men’s and women’s teams since their establishment all those years ago and I want to thank the Club for the faith and trust they’ve shown me already. I’m looking forward to working with all stakeholders to further enhance and to build on the previous strong foundations that have been laid at Adelaide United”.

Adelaide United Chief Executive Officer, Nathan Kosmina, said: “Vito brings extensive football pedigree to our Head of Football role.“We’re bringing in a respected and knowledgeable football person who has been to a combined four FIFA World Cups, a Confederations Cup, as well as an Olympic Games.“Vito’s role will encompass oversight of our entire football operation, including A-League, W-League, and youth teams. His understanding of high performance football environments is immense and his appointment will take our programs to the next level, as we build on the successes of the past 12 months.”

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/reds-appoint-new-head-football

Sounds like a very good appointment! With Carl and Ross both extending their contracts let's hope there is no backroom instability this coming season. 
Chris_AUFC
Chris_AUFC
Semi-Pro

God you beat me to it as I was formatting it on my phone 😅
simione001
simione001
Amateur
Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)Amateur (698 reputation)

Was a pretty handy gk at croydon back in the day.

sub007
sub007
World Class

So awesome to see 5 players we produced/help produced in the Socceroos squad, 4 of which made their pro debuts with us.

Looking at our current squad, we have Goodwin who would probably make the squad in normal circumstances while we have a number of players who could be future Socceroos which is super exciting.
sub007
sub007
World Class

Proud of you Josh 🏳️‍🌈

https://twitter.com/adelaideunited/status/1453173351396958208?s=21

Edited
3 Years Ago by sub007
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

sub007 - 27 Oct 2021 12:54 PM

What an inspiring young man 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search