It’s a wind up’: Mark Bosnich fires up at NBL article’s ‘completely wrong’ A-League claims

It’s a wind up’: Mark Bosnich fires up at NBL article’s ‘completely...

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
https://www.foxsports.com.au/g00/football/a-league/a-league-news-nbl-mark-bosnich-latest-attendance-figures-tv-viewers-crowds-the-australian-bill-boz/news-story/4e16b7e62403ad65a58a371d5e4a4afa?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d&i10c.dv=15

Bozza is the only one who sticks up for us 
Edited
5 Years Ago by Melbcityguy
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
First big blue of the season on a sunday night, now nbl et al are all taking the piss

Thanks new ffa...
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:34 AM
First big blue of the season on a sunday night, now nbl et al are all taking the piss

Thanks new ffa...

You stealing my line now? :laugh:
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators

Thanks new ffa...

At the request of Shitney, would likely have happened if A-League was independent anyhoo
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 19 Nov 2019 8:24 AM
Bozza is the only one who sticks up for us 

This is exactly what I am reading into this whole HAL v NBL debate that has popped up in the media. no one is sticking up for us and so many of the haters love sticking it to us while we're down. It would be nice if people backed up their comments with facts, but that doesn't really exist in todays society. So yeah, thanks Bozza. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
WSF - 19 Nov 2019 8:35 AM

You stealing my line now? :laugh:

What a slap in the face!
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Will be seen as a wind up until it actually happens

I remember when we used to laugh off the BBL

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Feed_The_Brox - 19 Nov 2019 9:41 AM

This is exactly what I am reading into this whole HAL v NBL debate that has popped up in the media. no one is sticking up for us and so many of the haters love sticking it to us while we're down. It would be nice if people backed up their comments with facts, but that doesn't really exist in todays society. So yeah, thanks Bozza. 

i wish a player would speak up and show some passion tbh 
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

What a surprise. One 17k crowd in the whole fkn history of the NBL and all the bogan sports media start crawling over each other to yell "eat shit you wogs."

Viennese Vuck

oldconvict
oldconvict
Weekender
Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)

I think the truth hurts, HAL is on the way down and the NBL on its way up.
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

I saw a repeat this morning of Bozza having a go at the bloke that wrote the article.  At the end of it, he describes it all as a bit of a wind up.

Exactly!  And he has successfully wound you up!

Ignore people, it was just a throw away line, we all know that NBL ratings are woeful, don't worry about it.

Good luck to them and all of that, but they are the very least of our concerns.

redcup
redcup
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

oldconvict - 19 Nov 2019 11:05 AM
I think the truth hurts, HAL is on the way down and the NBL on its way up.

You could look at this country only.......or you could just say "I couldn't give a shit" - safely pointing to the world cup and how when it was held in America there were 3 million + in a month, enough to get the American's to understand why they needed the MLS.
Edited
5 Years Ago by redcup
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Why does football always cop the slack from journos or from other sports? It's so expected it's disappointing.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

Feed_The_Brox - 19 Nov 2019 9:41 AM

There is not many in our game, in fact their are people in our game who want the a-league to fail just to appease their own narrative.

So much for supporting the game, credit to Bozza and Simon Hill too.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

bettega - 19 Nov 2019 11:37 AM
I saw a repeat this morning of Bozza having a go at the bloke that wrote the article.  At the end of it, he describes it all as a bit of a wind up.

Exactly!  And he has successfully wound you up!

Ignore people, it was just a throw away line, we all know that NBL ratings are woeful, don't worry about it.

Good luck to them and all of that, but they are the very least of our concerns.

the negative headlines kill the credibility of the league even more 
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Why does our community deal with emotions like bitches?

Ignore the hack. Your reaction is exactly what they want.

thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

The NBL is doing exactly what the Aleague was doing a few years back...signing Marquee players such Bogut LaMelo. And they will have the exact same challenge as we had, can they convert these bandwagon fans into regular attending fans that actually support the team. Their new team SE Melbourne Pheonix is also have problems averaging 3k per game. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 11:49 AM
Why does our community deal with emotions like bitches?

Ignore the hack. Your reaction is exactly what they want.

why would fans support the a league if everyone is saying it's shit? you don't see headlines this for any other reputable business 
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

There's an old media maxim:  don't worry if they're talking about us, start worrying if they stop talking about us.

In the NSL days, no one talked about us.  If these journos bring up the A-League, even in a negative light, there's a reall reason why they are doing it.

hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 19 Nov 2019 11:52 AM
hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 11:49 AM

why would fans support the a league if everyone is saying it's shit? you don't see headlines this for any other reputable business 

So you're going to stop supporting City because people who don't like the game to begin with, say City and the HAL is shit?

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 11:55 AM
Melbcityguy - 19 Nov 2019 11:52 AM

So you're going to stop supporting City because people who don't like the game to begin with, say City and the HAL is shit?

not me because i am a hardcore fan but the casuals the guys on the fence the kids at school they would want no part of it 
Timmo
Timmo
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

Hmmmm

I don't recall A-League taking digs at the NBL 3 years ago when the Sydney Derby got over 60,000

thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Timmo - 19 Nov 2019 12:05 PM
Hmmmm

I don't recall A-League taking digs at the NBL 3 years ago when the Sydney Derby got over 60,000

Crazy a regular season game managed to get over 60k
oldconvict
oldconvict
Weekender
Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)

thekingmb - 19 Nov 2019 12:17 PM
Timmo - 19 Nov 2019 12:05 PM

Crazy a regular season game managed to get over 60k

I think you mean just under 70k, So what happened? where did it all go wrong?. Also with the ARU getting there $80m a year TV deal next month where does that put HAL>?

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

oldconvict - 19 Nov 2019 12:23 PM

I think you mean just under 70k, So what happened? where did it all go wrong?. Also with the ARU getting there $80m a year TV deal next month where does that put HAL>?

Welcome back nomates, I missed you and your ARU updates :)
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

I doubt a true NBL  fan would have any desire to diss another sport like football.They know where they are.
The main people that do this are the jealous  AFL types.Clearly this guy is an AFL stooge.
You could just as easily pick on Cricket crowds or Rugby crowds.But Football is the biggest participation sport here ,so thats the target.

Unfortunately you cant ignore the haters.You have to push back or you become a joke.
It's really a form of bullying.You have to stand up to bullying.
Even last Sunday Liz Ellis on Ch9 made a backhand slur against football and she is a netballer.She basically joked that footballers are weak because they cant take a knock .The 'funny ' clip they showed was of a player charging at a coach and knocking him over.
It makes me cringe watching a bunch of cluless sports commentators talking about football.
petszk
petszk
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

No, thekingmb was correct.
A crowd of 61880 is better described as "over 60k", not "just under 70k".

Edited
5 Years Ago by petszk
Davstar
Davstar
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Nothing against the NBL it isnt bad and it is far cheaper for kids to play basketball then play football in Australia. 

a crowd of 17k is pretty good for a basketball game but the NBL is still fairly new and on a bit of a high due to a number of players playing in the MBA. 

Personally i think basketball is probably at its highest point right now like us during the 'golden' generation we wont sustain the level of development esp as the globe market for players becomes more competitive. 

Football is more popular then basketball hands down and i'd even say the A league is more popular then the NBL (Prob even the NBA) domestically the Socceroos are more popular then the Boomers id probably say the Matildas are more popular then the Boomers....

I think the article is right regarding the quality of the A league and the fact it is miles behind the best leagues in the world and most top players wouldnt waste there time in Australia due to salary cap restrictions and a stupid marquee system. 

I dont agree with the article im with Bozza but it cant all be dismissed because basketball is on the incline and id say football is stationary and is a bit of trouble once this TV deal ends...

The wider media in general loves to bash 'Sokka' but i think we all know it isn't in as bad sharp as we make it out to be

these Kangaroos can play football - 
Ange P. (Intercontinental WC Play-offs 2017) 

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF FOOTBALL

Edited
5 Years Ago by Davstar
melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

crimsoncrusoe - 19 Nov 2019 12:40 PM
I doubt a true NBL  fan would have any desire to diss another sport like football.They know where they are.
The main people that do this are the jealous  AFL types.Clearly this guy is an AFL stooge.

You could just as easily pick on Cricket crowds or Rugby crowds.But Football is the biggest participation sport here ,so thats the target.

Unfortunately you cant ignore the haters.You have to push back or you become a joke.
It's really a form of bullying.You have to stand up to bullying.
Even last Sunday Liz Ellis on Ch9 made a backhand slur against football and she is a netballer.She basically joked that footballers are weak because they cant take a knock .The 'funny ' clip they showed was of a player charging at a coach and knocking him over.
It makes me cringe watching a bunch of cluless sports commentators talking about football.

Yepppppppppppppp

Viennese Vuck

Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

Barca4Life - 19 Nov 2019 11:47 AM

There is not many in our game, in fact their are people in our game who want the a-league to fail just to appease their own narrative.

So much for supporting the game, credit to Bozza and Simon Hill too.

yep. old sokkah bitters, etc. 

you're not very good at being incognito, aren't you? Then again, maybe you're not trying to be incognito.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search