It’s a wind up’: Mark Bosnich fires up at NBL article’s ‘completely wrong’ A-League claims

It’s a wind up’: Mark Bosnich fires up at NBL article’s ‘completely...

Author
Timmo
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
oldconvict - 19 Nov 2019 12:23 PM
thekingmb - 19 Nov 2019 12:17 PM

I think you mean just under 70k, So what happened? where did it all go wrong?. Also with the ARU getting there $80m a year TV deal next month where does that put HAL>?

Novelty factor to appease the crowd centric football media and then having articles that the Sydney derby should always be at Homebush which wasn't going to last long and then fluff articles of football has truly arrived based off a one off 60k crowd. Give me a full Moore Park or Parramatta anyday. Games with minimum near capacity stadiums is good selling point of the league to the casual observer and football fan if your club isn't playing.

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I think you mean just under 70k, So what happened? where did it all go wrong?. Also with the ARU getting there $80m a year TV deal next month where does that put HAL>?

There is no way this isn't Nomates. Just purge him ffs mods.

Viennese Vuck

con m
con m
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Barca4Life - 19 Nov 2019 11:44 AM
Why does football always cop the slack from journos or from other sports? It's so expected it's disappointing.

Because we are the biggest threat to bogan ball and The weaker that we are perceived the better 

Have you ever noticed these journalists from other sports  pumping up our game ?
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

aha at least TRY and hide the fact you're NoMates

aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

You have to take your hat off to the NBL in fairness.
It used to be as popular as a fart in a lift and they've managed to stall the downfall and completely turn it around.
It would be very interesting to see it's trend in crowd figures from 5 years ago until now and then correlating it with the A-League.

Is it safe to say they've focused on creating a niche, building from the positives, focus on it's product and not try and be better than AFL and its hostility?

miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

oldconvict - 19 Nov 2019 11:05 AM
I think the truth hurts, HAL is on the way down and the NBL on its way up.

Our league is still there ...it is irrelevent what NBL is doing...good luck to them ...as Bozza says our league has yet to come under the owners control so it will take time for us to start moving forward quicker .
Old convict and Libel shoud go sit at the NBL from now on if they think our sport is so poor...why bother coming on this forum just to bad mouth our game constantly  ?
You guys remind me of Lord Haw Haw during WW2.

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

NBL has been around a long time.
I actually remember going to see the Kingz at a packed Emptycontainer stadium in the 90's.
In those days Eddy Groves had the Bullets playing in front of packed stadiums .
I guess you can hype a sport  as much as you want.But its the media revenue that tells the real story.
I dont think NBL is getting that much from TV at this time.
sav.09@live.com.au
sav.09@live.com.au
Fan
Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)

Same News corpse  that didnt just bury but deleted  the sellout Syd FC v  Wanders game from their 'Newslimited site ?

Little doubt the Murdoch henchman are all out with an agenda this season to bash thas 'sockah' Theyve come out wth one sh#t piece after another...
starting with Friday eve kickoff a big 'shockingsoccer  figures sport in decline ' beatup based on out of date membership A-league figures
the usual broad sweeping negative articles.

2019and local msm here still reeks of filth and grubs...   

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

I have mates and relatives constantly nagging me to go along to the NBL, last time that happened was around 1996 lol. It’s definitely gaining traction. Of course I wont attend as my team doesn’t exist anymore but it’s steadily building.
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

It's more to do with Ben Simmons and the general good feel around the boomers more than anything that the NBL has done. 

In other words it's just cyclical
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

lukerobinho - 19 Nov 2019 2:52 PM

It's more to do with Ben Simmons and the general good feel around the boomers more than anything that the NBL has done. 

In other words it's just cyclical

In my circle of co-workers and the like, it seems to have replaced the BBL for some of them as the 'family activity' of choice - take less time than the BBL, is indoors during the middle of summer and still has that 'party' atmosphere with music and cheerleaders and shit.
chondro
chondro
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

Lukerobinho

the nbl has done plenty, kiddin yourself if you think it’s all on the boomers and Ben simmons and thether 10 or so nba guys.
kestleman and loeliger are doing a great job and are expanding to tasmania in 21 with possible 2 more expansion teams within next 5 years. Also getting a nationwide seconddivision linked together as a feeder for the nbl.
Edited
5 Years Ago by chondro
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

chondro - 19 Nov 2019 3:12 PM
Lukerobinho

the nbl has done plenty, kiddin yourself if you think it’s all on the boomers and Ben simmons and thether 10 or so nba guys.
kestleman and loeliger are doing a great job and are expanding to tasmania in 21 with possible 2 more expansion teams within next 5 years. Also getting a nationwide seconddivision linked together as a feeder for the nbl.

They might be expanding to Tassie, but the old NBL used to have a team in Tassie, which goes back to the original point made:  it's cyclical.

libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Feed_The_Brox - 19 Nov 2019 9:41 AM
Melbcityguy - 19 Nov 2019 8:24 AM

This is exactly what I am reading into this whole HAL v NBL debate that has popped up in the media. no one is sticking up for us and so many of the haters love sticking it to us while we're down. It would be nice if people backed up their comments with facts, but that doesn't really exist in todays society. So yeah, thanks Bozza. 

New regime completely asleep at the wheel again. Pathetic.
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

libel - 19 Nov 2019 7:25 PM
Feed_The_Brox - 19 Nov 2019 9:41 AM

New regime completely asleep at the wheel again. Pathetic.

David Gallop and Steven Lowy had to be dragged in front of the media screaming when Bourbon Becky (her article was far, FAR worse than Will Swanton's considering the risks to real people's lives) released the names of those 200 or so people banned by the FFA from attending HAL games. Pathetic.

hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 19 Nov 2019 11:58 AM
hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 11:55 AM

not me because i am a hardcore fan but the casuals the guys on the fence the kids at school they would want no part of it 

And? It shows the FFA are targeting the wrong audience. 

thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 7:43 PM
Melbcityguy - 19 Nov 2019 11:58 AM

And? It shows the FFA are targeting the wrong audience. 

FFA are targeting nothing ATM. Same applies to clubs for this season.
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Australia would be better off with Football, Cricket, Basketball and Rugby. It is the fucking boomers with their "alternative football" and "alternative rugby" that is the problem and that is where stories like this come from. Once they all die we can at last become part of the world and help make it a better place, if it isn't too late.

Beaten by Eldar

Edited
5 Years Ago by Eldar
libel
libel
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 7:41 PM
libel - 19 Nov 2019 7:25 PM

David Gallop and Steven Lowy had to be dragged in front of the media screaming when Bourbon Becky (her article was far, FAR worse than Will Swanton's considering the risks to real people's lives) released the names of those 200 or so people banned by the FFA from attending HAL games. Pathetic.

At least they did.
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro

libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:05 PM
hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 7:41 PM

At least they did.

Bit of a difference in situation, McMike.

libel
libel
Pro

hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 8:06 PM
libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:05 PM

Bit of a difference in situation

Yeah, they fronted up.
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro

libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:07 PM
hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 8:06 PM

Yeah, they fronted up.

200 or so people's names being publicly released sparking outrage across the entire football community and eventually boycotts 

vs.

Some journalist's (who you have never heard of until now) puff piece.

McMike, which is more needing of the FFA Chairman having to front the media?

libel
libel
Pro

hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 8:11 PM
libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:07 PM

200 or so people's names being publicly released sparking outrage across the entire football community and eventually boycotts 

vs.

Some journalist's (who you have never heard of until now) puff piece.

which is more needing of the FFA Chairman having to front the media?

So you think the current matter warrants no response at all?
Edited
5 Years Ago by libel
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro

libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:21 PM
hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 8:11 PM

So you think the current matter warrants no response at all?

Don't answer my question with another question.

libel
libel
Pro

hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 8:23 PM
libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:21 PM

Don't answer my question with another question.

Thank you for your suggestion, but I may if I consider it to be the wrong question.
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro

libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:26 PM
hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 8:23 PM

Thank you for your suggestion, but I may if I consider it to be the wrong question.

You got nothing, McMike. Deflecting as usual.

libel
libel
Pro

hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 8:27 PM
libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:26 PM

You got nothing, Deflecting as usual.

Well, then I believe I could say the same about you...
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro

libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:31 PM
hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 8:27 PM

Well, then I believe I could say the same about you...

I've already made my point which you refuse to discuss. I know you have nothing.

libel
libel
Pro

hames_jetfield - 19 Nov 2019 9:20 PM
libel - 19 Nov 2019 8:31 PM

I've already made my point which you refuse to discuss. I know you have nothing.

And I believe I could say the same thing to you...
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

In a country of our size and how competitive the sporting landscape is, it’s like a version of hunger games.

Watching what goes on off the field/court is often a bigger focus than the sport itself being played, and those who want to sell a narrative of success drive it however they want to. To spin things to talk their own code up, many just focus on bringing others down, which must be a sure fire way to increase market share apparently :)

Why are we always reacting to comments some say? Simple, it’s all about winning hearts and minds, and without fighting back we just end up being swallowed up as others walk all over us. It’s about time football fans in this country worked as one, not trying to rip things apart from the inside, let alone those outside trying to divide and conquer. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search