2021 Specialized Epic or Epic EVO for Adelaide Trails ?

2021 Specialized Epic or Epic EVO for Adelaide Trails ?

Author
AndyE
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Hi MTBers,
I'm looking to get into ripping a few trials up in our Adelaide hills. I'm weighing up between two XC bikes, the new 2021 Specialized Epic (100mm travel with brain) or the all new 2021 Epic EVO (120mm front 110mm rear with manual lockout). I like the idea of the brain and not having to adjust the lockout but my main question is, is the 100mm travel on the epic enough for our Adelaide hills trails?  Are our trails too technical for a racing XC 100mm bike, I have no idea what "too technical" is.
I'm not looking into going down gnarly descents with huge jumps, but more like pushing my body on 50kms rides, up hills, hard along flat single tracks and semi fast down less technical tracks. I like getting a good workout.  I still want to hit Ohallo, Fox Creek and Eagle parks but not fly over them like a madman. Oh and I don't want to rule out trying a few XC races.
Which one should I get for our Adelaide Trails, 100mm Epic or 120/110mm EVO? oh and do i need a dropper post
Thanks in advance.

Torens
Torens
Under 7s
Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)Under 7s (10 reputation)

You could back a horse at 6/4 that should be 5/4, that is value but I would rather back a horse at 20/1 that should be 10/1. There may be longer losing runs but the payoff for me is far better  https://ratingbet.net/. Of course this depends on how good you are at selecting long-odds shots but on Betfair you can get some crazily overpriced top-rated horses who pay 50/1 instead of the 33/1 SP for example. So don’t look for winners of races, look for overlays within the race.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Torens
Binduman
Binduman
Under 7s
Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)Under 7s (5 reputation)

If you want information from experts on whether you should take testosterone or not, I can give you this advice, you might be a little surprised, how can you trust me now? But I want to tell you that you can 100% trust me and to let you know if you should take testosterone or not. The plan of all this is enough now go to This site https://valhallavitality.com/blog/are-drugs-to-boost-testosterone-right-for-you . Here you can already easily find this information without any problems.
Edited
Last Year by Binduman
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search