FFA Cup revamp...

FFA Cup revamp...

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
libelous - 4 Dec 2020 4:28 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 4 Dec 2020 3:52 PM

That’s a pretty disingenuous comment to make.

How so? I stand by my question? What's not genuine about it? If these other countries have a closed monopoly system I don't know about I stand corrected but I'm pretty sure they don't.
libelous
libelous
Rising Star
Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)Rising Star (811 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 4 Dec 2020 4:31 PM
libelous - 4 Dec 2020 4:28 PM

How so? I stand by my question? What's not genuine about it? If these other countries have a closed monopoly system I don't know about I stand corrected but I'm pretty sure they don't.

The discussion, although somewhat off topic, was about the Phoenix being allowed to play in a revamped (F) FA Cup. As was pointed out they are far from the only club to play in another country’s competition. So to bring up the fact that the a-league is a closed competition is irrelevant to the discussion.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

libelous - 4 Dec 2020 5:10 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 4 Dec 2020 4:31 PM

The discussion, although somewhat off topic, was about the Phoenix being allowed to play in a revamped (F) FA Cup. As was pointed out they are far from the only club to play in another country’s competition. So to bring up the fact that the a-league is a closed competition is irrelevant to the discussion.

Thats my point though, its NOT irrelevant to the discussion. Look to use one example of the leagues you brought up with teams outside their national borders. Welsh teams are not given an undeniable right to compete in the EPL because of their geographic zone.  Its not either Cardiff or Swansea every year, they EARN their spot. Wellington just get their license renewed.  I dont really care if they are in the new FA cup or not to be honest,  its just another team to beat for me. 
lost
lost
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)Hardcore Fan (219 reputation)

The FFA (still calling them that for another week) has proposed a celebratory weekend of football at a neutral venue for the 2021 FFA cup final. This NPL representative match https://www.ffa.com.au/news/state-rivalry-be-reignited-perry-park would fit nicely with the theme, as would a similar clash between Vic and SA. Particularly if the teams were made up of the best young amateur talent across the country.
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

lost - 11 Dec 2020 9:57 AM
The FFA (still calling them that for another week) has proposed a celebratory weekend of football at a neutral venue for the 2021 FFA cup final. This NPL representative match https://www.ffa.com.au/news/state-rivalry-be-reignited-perry-park would fit nicely with the theme, as would a similar clash between Vic and SA. Particularly if the teams were made up of the best young amateur talent across the country.

The re-introduction of state teams is a great idea.  It means more football for the spectators and more matches for the better players. I'm definitely heading down to this game, hopefully all states will join in future years.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

lost - 11 Dec 2020 9:57 AM

But what if some of these state based NPL players are in the cup final with their club??? What purpose does something like this AFL/NRL jingoistic lame ass gimmicky shit serve other than to delay having NPL clubs actually playing others nationwide in a national second division? Its not going to lead to national squad selection as that is scouted mainly through the Aleague academies. Apart from trying to get the state of origin bogans to watch because they are probably pissed on a Friday night and cant tell what sport they are watching, just that the blue team is playing the purple team,
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search