The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

The Aussies Abroad Thread 2

Author
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
johnszasz - 19 Feb 2021 5:03 AM
Smart by Degenek to pull the hand brake and the Milan player is just offside. Risk paid off. 

Good result against Milan. How'd Degenek play?
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)

paladisious - 19 Feb 2021 3:59 AM
Degenek starting in a back three against AC Milan.

They drew against Milan fantastic result 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Ryan bench. Piss take.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Smart by Degenek to pull the hand brake and the Milan player is just offside. Risk paid off. 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Degenek starting in a back three against AC Milan.
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Rukavytsya has tested positive for Covid
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

English media linking Maty with permanent Arsenal move.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14074208/arsenal-ceballos-ryan-odegaard-transfer/
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Hope to see Ryan face Benfica. Big is Degenek vs AC Milan. 
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

jas88 - 18 Feb 2021 11:33 AM
charlied - 17 Feb 2021 9:40 PM

You act like he had no idea he was going to Utrecht? let me simplify it... if you are earning 20k a week and cant be bothered to at least get some lessons(can be done 100% online now) than what do you expect is going to happen? you just magically learn dutch by playing football? how do you get around? how do you live day to day?... its clear the guy doesn't actually wanna make it just go back to uni Daniel.

Wanna know why he went to Utretcht? So he could keep his Nike deal going... shows where his priorities lie.

How do you know that he didn't have lessons? You are simply frothing. I don't know why you have invested so much in this. 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Peter Makrillos is off to Slavia Sofia.

https://twitter.com/futbolbulgaro/status/1362161610928906252?s=21

Edited
3 Years Ago by sub007
Derider
Derider
Pro

paladisious - 18 Feb 2021 6:08 AM
McGree, Rogic, Vukovic bench.

Elder and Burgess starting.

Damn, even Vukovic? I thought he was well established as their no.1. Wtf happened there? 

...then again, I didn’t realise he was 35. It probably makes sense if they’re wanting to blood someone younger.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Derider
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

jas88 - 18 Feb 2021 11:33 AM

You act like he had no idea he was going to Utrecht? let me simplify it... if you are earning 20k a week and cant be bothered to at least get some lessons(can be done 100% online now) than what do you expect is going to happen? you just magically learn dutch by playing football? how do you get around? how do you live day to day?... its clear the guy doesn't actually wanna make it just go back to uni Daniel.

Wanna know why he went to Utretcht? So he could keep his Nike deal going... shows where his priorities lie.

Maybe he did learn basic Dutch but still struggled to understand the coach?! I have learnt basic Norwegian the last 5 years but still struggle to understand their conversations and a strong accent makes it even harder!! Anyway the next 4 months if Arzani can’t perform in Denmark he will struggle to get any other decent club to sign him in Europe and may end up coming back to AL like Mooy did, and Ikon, McGree etc etc. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

jas88 - 17 Feb 2021 6:29 PM

The post appeared to be suggesting that Arzani should have somehow learned advanced conversational Dutch prior to joining Utrecht so he could understand the coach. Self evidently absurd. But then again you say a great deal about yourself in the use of the term "retard". 

Edited
3 Years Ago by jas88
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)World Class (10K reputation)

paladisious - 18 Feb 2021 10:18 AM
Melbcityguy - 18 Feb 2021 8:14 AM

I'll be interested to see how he goes in the MLS, the owner of Charlotte FC (same guy who owns the NFL team) is putting big bucks into making their stadium suitable for football. If we have another Atlanta on our hands and they achieve mainstream popularity it'd be great to see an Aussie at the centre of it.

Can I debate your point with mls not really being a mainstream league I don’t think it will get a mention. I do hope he dominates and a scout watches and picks him up 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

josh sydneyfc - 18 Feb 2021 5:35 AM
sportaddict - 18 Feb 2021 1:57 AM

As good a step up as the primavera is we saw ikonomidis score a tonne of goals for Lazio and be their best (or one of) in the reserves and not get a look in for the first. 
Not playing it down just saying I hope he gets his shot 

I said it back in Ikon's time there, but it's pretty frustrating to see such a big gap between the U19s and senior Serie A other than their massive benches. Might be a relic of how they used to co-own players over there.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Melbcityguy - 18 Feb 2021 8:14 AM
Dan_The_Red - 18 Feb 2021 6:51 AM

Yeah he was getting a few games a while back now I don’t even bother checking the team sheet and when he goes to USA his off the radar for me 

I'll be interested to see how he goes in the MLS, the owner of Charlotte FC (same guy who owns the NFL team) is putting big bucks into making their stadium suitable for football. If we have another Atlanta on our hands and they achieve mainstream popularity it'd be great to see an Aussie at the centre of it.
PIFA
PIFA
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

SoccerooFan - 17 Feb 2021 9:58 PM
Reedy - 17 Feb 2021 8:45 PM

Oh so a few blokes on here jumping to the wrong conclusion, who would've thought?

Having watched almost all of his games in Thailand, he's been dire to say the least. I missed his cameo against Rayong, as I was watching another game. The fact of the matter is: he'll be on a much larger salary than Rattanakorn Maikami, who started the game in his position against Rayong. He's not looked better than Maikami in ANY OF THE GAMES HE HAS PLAYED, since signing in Thailand. You can keep making all the excuses you want for the bloke, but he's looked out of shape and slow in the games I've watched. His teammates have also stopped passing him the ball in numerous games because of it.

I don't have an agenda against O'Neill. I thought he was very good for Sydney FC, and I thought he'd done enough to earn a move to Korea. It just hasn't worked out for the bloke, and it's shown that although he's a good A-League player: he's not good enough to be a 'quota' player for an AFC team. You need to fill your +1 AFC spot with someone that will make a difference, and that player isn't O'Neill.

SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro

josh sydneyfc - 18 Feb 2021 5:35 AM

As good a step up as the primavera is we saw ikonomidis score a tonne of goals for Lazio and be their best (or one of) in the reserves and not get a look in for the first. 

He's only 17, so that's a good achievement to get promoted to their second team. Did he really get cut by WSW? 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

McGree on the bench is just depresssing.

Yeah he was getting a few games a while back now I don’t even bother checking the team sheet and when he goes to USA his off the radar for me 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Unused sub again in a 2-0 loss to Millwall.
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Elder with an assist for the opening goal of a 0-5 win at Wigan.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

McGree, Rogic, Vukovic bench.

Elder and Burgess starting.
Edited
3 Years Ago by paladisious
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Volpato bench for Roma Primavera. 

sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro

Volpato bench for Roma Primavera. 
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

SoccerooFan - 17 Feb 2021 9:58 PM

Oh so a few blokes on here jumping to the wrong conclusion, who would've thought?

The arguments are for the fact that he’s playing now in Thailand when he was a touted Socceroo that could have been playing in Europe like the Championship instead, what’s where the argument with how far he’s fallen from...
Edited
3 Years Ago by Barca4Life
SoccerooFan
SoccerooFan
Pro

Re: Brandon O’Neill, there was a post on his Instagram saying he had a bad bout of gastro that levelled him for a few days. Might explain why they didn’t put him straight back in the 11, and why he might be working back to full fitness/performance 

charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

lukerobinho - 17 Feb 2021 5:19 PM
CS - 17 Feb 2021 3:23 PM

Adam taggart says hi 

Much better player than O'Neil. 
charlied
charlied
Pro

jas88 - 17 Feb 2021 6:29 PM
charlied - 15 Feb 2021 6:19 PM

Explain? you go to Europe but don't want to learn a language? half the reason people in Madrid hate Bale is he never learned Spanish.. imagine being a teammate of his?

Its been said multiple times, by several coaches now that Arzani does not train well... this is a basic fundamental to being a pro footballer... you do well in training to impress the coach and you get in a chance in a game... he clearly doesn't impress any coaches..

another one who went way way way too early and to Scotland of all places.. no one wonder we're fucked we got charlie the retard giving advice to young players.

The post appeared to be suggesting that Arzani should have somehow learned advanced conversational Dutch prior to joining Utrecht so he could understand the coach. Self evidently absurd. But then again you say a great deal about yourself in the use of the term "retard". 

Reedy
Reedy
Rising Star
Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)Rising Star (950 reputation)

Re: Brandon O’Neill, there was a post on his Instagram saying he had a bad bout of gastro that levelled him for a few days. Might explain why they didn’t put him straight back in the 11, and why he might be working back to full fitness/performance 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search