A-League Weekly Attendance's

A-League Weekly Attendance's

Author
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
AU v WSW last night:  6.787

Georgeg
Georgeg
Hacker
Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)Hacker (318 reputation)

Adelaide, Wanderers, Sydney are about 3,000 shy of regular pre-COVID crowds, good signs. Nice seeing people in the stands hard watching empty stands of the Premier League. 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

verageHighest AttendanceLowest Attendance
Adelaide United52,8947,55610,106 - Rnd 2 vs MCY5,728 - Rnd 7 vs PER
Sydney FC67,6867,52114,402 - Rnd 4 vs WSW5,122 - Rnd 15 vs PER
Brisbane Roar52,3997,4869,279 - Rnd 1 vs MCY4,693 - Rnd 7 vs MAC
Western Sydney Wanderers57,0767,13510,128 - Rnd 1 vs MAC4,976 - Rnd 10 vs MCY
Melbourne Victory53,3846,67311,467 - Rnd 11 vs MCY3,424 - Rnd 9 vs WEL
Melbourne City30,9035,1517,068 - Rnd 4 vs WUN3,868 - Rnd 9 vs SYD
Perth Glory25,6705,1346,125 - Rnd 4 vs ADL4,125 - Rnd 10 vs CCM
Central Coast Mariners42,1314,6815,730 - Rnd 14 vs MVC3,073 - Rnd 6 vs MCY
Newcastle Jets33,5764,1975,374 - Rnd 3 vs WSW2,414 - Rnd 13 vs ADL
Western United27,4463,9217,016 - Rnd 6 vs MVC1,505 - Rnd 9 vs MAC
Macarthur FC20,2523,3754,723 - Rnd 7 vs WSW1,872 - Rnd 13 vs WUN
Wellington Phoenix21,0422,104

CS
CS
Rising Star
Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Apr 2021 10:45 PM
localstar - 8 Apr 2021 5:53 PM

Doesn't seem to be affecting the AFL crowds at Adelaide Oval though, are they not refusing to wear masks?
I know with the AFL here people where gagging to get tickets to the MCG with 50% capacity and ticket allocations selling out in minutes.. its not just Covid.... or poor football..... 

For someone who self-avowedly detests the A League, I simply cannot understand why you spend such a large slab of your free time on these threads.  Maybe you need to get a dog to give you something to do.  Because it seems like a  fairly pointless way to spend the finite hours of the only life you're likely to be given.  
Edited
3 Years Ago by CS
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

CS - 12 Apr 2021 4:12 PM

For someone who self-avowedly detests the A League, I simply cannot understand why you spend such a large slab of your free time on these threads.  Maybe you need to get a dog to give you something to do.  Because it seems like a  fairly pointless way to spend the finite hours of the only life you're likely to be given.  

Thanks for your concern. I dont hate the Aleague by the way, I hate the way myself and thousands of others have been excluded from it for something as out of our volition as the ethnicity of our parents... If you struggle to understand this, fair enough but Im happy to chug along throwing my 2 cents worth in whenever I can.
Caterm
Caterm
Fan
Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)

Well said, he bags everything about the A/L bet you if his team was already in he would not bag it.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

I’ve got zero problem with npl fans having a go at western United or MacArthur tbh. Both teams haven’t established their brands to help make the league stronger 
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 12 Apr 2021 6:58 PM
I’ve got zero problem with npl fans having a go at western United or MacArthur tbh. Both teams haven’t established their brands to help make the league stronger 

Let’s be honest, I support City but after over a decade and a few years of being one of the top tier of teams on the park, but it’s been largely a failure in making any meaningful mark on growing the leagues crowds. The brand just hasn’t resonated.

If you feel comfortable with people having a go at other clubs, we need to look at our own club’s failings.

The move to focus on the South East will be interesting to watch.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Caterm - 12 Apr 2021 6:53 PM

Well said, he bags everything about the A/L bet you if his team was already in he would not bag it.

Wanna bet?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Heart_fan - 12 Apr 2021 10:33 PM
Melbcityguy - 12 Apr 2021 6:58 PM

Let’s be honest, I support City but after over a decade and a few years of being one of the top tier of teams on the park, but it’s been largely a failure in making any meaningful mark on growing the leagues crowds. The brand just hasn’t resonated.

If you feel comfortable with people having a go at other clubs, we need to look at our own club’s failings.

The move to focus on the South East will be interesting to watch.

Mate, that is what really grates me .... That supporters still see it as a brand or a franchise... THATS what's wrong with the Aleague in my opinion. Sorry I'm  not having a go at you personally or even CFG per se, its a reflection on how soccer is "consumed" in this country.... I still think Lowy and the new dawn went about it the totally opposite way to what was beneficial to the game itself..  In their haste to appeal to new "markets" they forgot that you can't just create tribalism out of thin air. Yes they modelled everything on AFL and NRL but what they forgot was that for the next 100 years or so they would have to rely on "clubs" more resembling the likes of GWS and Gold Coast as opposed to Richmond and Collingwood.   If the "founding fathers" of the Aleague where sincere in their love of the game and their beliefs that it needed to move away from its "ethnic" obscurity they could have found one of dozens of Australian clubs without any ethnic history, or even chosen, like Qld Roar, a club with an acceptable to Angelo's ethnicity, to pour their money into and launch their revolution of the sport. The truth is that it was always a business/networking opportunity for those not wealthy enough to invest in AFL or NRL teams.
I hope the Aleague bounces back for all your sakes, I really do. If one day it is open to the rest of us I would enjoy pitting my club against yours both on and off the field

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Monoethnic Social Club - 12 Apr 2021 11:26 PM

Mate, that is what really grates me .... That supporters still see it as a brand or a franchise... THATS what's wrong with the Aleague in my opinion. Sorry I'm  not having a go at you personally or even CFG per se, its a reflection on how soccer is "consumed" in this country.... I still think Lowy and the new dawn went about it the totally opposite way to what was beneficial to the game itself..  In their haste to appeal to new "markets" they forgot that you can't just create tribalism out of thin air. Yes they modelled everything on AFL and NRL but what they forgot was that for the next 100 years or so they would have to rely on "clubs" more resembling the likes of GWS and Gold Coast as opposed to Richmond and Collingwood.   If the "founding fathers" of the Aleague where sincere in their love of the game and their beliefs that it needed to move away from its "ethnic" obscurity they could have found one of dozens of Australian clubs without any ethnic history, or even chosen, like Qld Roar, a club with an acceptable to Angelo's ethnicity, to pour their money into and launch their revolution of the sport. The truth is that it was always a business/networking opportunity for those not wealthy enough to invest in AFL or NRL teams.
I hope the Aleague bounces back for all your sakes, I really do. If one day it is open to the rest of us I would enjoy pitting my club against yours both on and off the field

Crazy how you said this before the big news of the day 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 13 Apr 2021 7:57 AM

Crazy how you said this before the big news of the day 

Sincerely feel sad for CCM supporters after all this shit. Not that I believe a word typed by either  Bossi or Rugari the shills that they are for the APL, probably just trying to help the franchise cabal drive up the value of any maybe broadcasting deal...
But what happens to the good folk that bought into the Mariners brand and supported their club for 16 years? Do they become Aleague bitters, outsiders like the Fury, Gold Coast United and Auckland? At least we NSL folk still have a club to support in a local league where do Aleague fans go when their club is killed off?
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

Just under 3k in Coffs Harbour last night 
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

7k at coopers last night. Honestly Adelaide seem to be doing a great job at getting crowds in w and a league 
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 15 Apr 2021 8:43 AM
7k at coopers last night. Honestly Adelaide seem to be doing a great job at getting crowds in w and a league 

Certainly are, putting everyone else to shame.

crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

When you get to see pussy at a game,its no wonder.😀
CS
CS
Rising Star
Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)Rising Star (971 reputation)

To say that much of the tribalism in the NSL was problematic for the game in the longer term would be a simple statement of fact.
There were no easy answers.  The old NSL model had failed and the something radical had to be done to create a professional playing field.  I think parts of this were executed well, and parts very badly.  The bad got worse with Buckley and Gallop.  I can understand the logic of their appointment, but in practise both were disasters.  Just a succession of poor decisions.  South Melbourne should have been brought into the League. The fact that this proud club wasn't and the shysters from Western United were is an enduring blackest of black marks for the then administrators.  The fact that WU hasn't been held to account for the fact that the core plank of their bid - their stadium - has turned out to be nothing more than smoke and mirrors amazes me.  
Edited
3 Years Ago by CS
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

CS - 15 Apr 2021 3:04 PM

To say that much of the tribalism in the NSL was problematic for the game in the longer term would be a simple statement of fact.
There were no easy answers.  The old NSL model had failed and the something radical had to be done to create a professional playing field.  I think parts of this were executed well, and parts very badly.  The bad got worse with Buckley and Gallop.  I can understand the logic of their appointment, but in practise both were disasters.  Just a succession of poor decisions.  South Melbourne should have been brought into the League. The fact that this proud club wasn't and the shysters from Western United were is an enduring blackest of black marks for the then administrators.  The fact that WU hasn't been held to account for the fact that the core plank of their bid - their stadium - has turned out to be nothing more than smoke and mirrors amazes me.  

I have nothing to disagree with here.. Its basically what I have been trying to say all along :) Yes Soccer Australia and the NSL was shite but after 16 years of mismanagement I cant believe people are not holding the FFA and the (H)AL to the same scrutiny. Yes I have acknowledged that tribalism in the NSL sometimes was a cause for concern but it also was not that dissimilar to the crowd troubles the Aleague has experienced over the journey... Football violence is and always will be "Soccer shame" to the Aussie mentality it makes no difference if it is ethnic clubs or plastic ones. As for WU .... well I think the whole world knows my thoughts on that one :) hahahahah
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Yep, that’s Monoethnic for you. Can’t come to grips that the ALeague presented us with the most prosperous and exiting era for the sport. Thinks it could be done better by clubs that have a single ethnic community running it.......LOL.

In a resort somewhere

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

8k last night so a slight increase for the wanderers 
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

7718 @ Leichhardt yesterday.
thekingmb
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

9.2k in Perth. Maybe Sunday evening is the best timeslot in the West.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 19 Apr 2021 1:24 PM
7718 @ Leichhardt yesterday.

Sydney are the best club on and off the field why can’t they get more to their games? 
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 19 Apr 2021 2:05 PM

Sydney are the best club on and off the field why can’t they get more to their games? 

Sydney people in general do not turn out for any sport bar the Swans. The rugby league crowds are nothing to shout out about either.
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Games have basically been split into games for fans from the south and games for fans from the north and west. I would wait until we get back to our central stadium before worrying too much about Sydney's crowds. Hopefully it returns to something around 15-20k

Beaten by Eldar

Edited
3 Years Ago by Eldar
Caterm
Caterm
Fan
Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)Fan (79 reputation)

Eldar - 19 Apr 2021 3:21 PM

Games have basically been split into games for fans from the south and games for fans from the north and west. I would wait until we get back to our central stadium before worrying too much about Sydney's crowds. Hopefully it returns to something around 15-20k

The fist couple of games at the stadium probably will attract around 15k-20k, but after that will be around the 10k,unless the APL can stop the slide with a new product and marketing.
AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 19 Apr 2021 3:12 PM

Sydney people in general do not turn out for any sport bar the Swans. The rugby league crowds are nothing to shout out about either.

Well, that's an unfair comparison. aleague has 3 teams in the greater Sydney Metro area where as the NRL has 9. 
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro

AnthonyC - 20 Apr 2021 8:50 AM
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 19 Apr 2021 3:12 PM

Well, that's an unfair comparison. aleague has 3 teams in the greater Sydney Metro area where as the NRL has 9. 

And all 12 teams are poorly supported IMO.
TheRealFootballSupporter
TheRealFootballSupporter
Hacker
Hacker (380 reputation)Hacker (380 reputation)Hacker (380 reputation)Hacker (380 reputation)Hacker (380 reputation)Hacker (380 reputation)Hacker (380 reputation)Hacker (380 reputation)Hacker (380 reputation)Hacker (380 reputation)Hacker (380 reputation)

14k at Melbourne Derby
bettega
bettega
World Class

WU vs Nix:  2,528 last night in tassie

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search