Official South Melbourne FC thread

Official South Melbourne FC thread

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Less than three weeks to go till our (hopefully) last state league season boys and girls.

First up is OG Melbourne Derby .. We may not get to see the Cro boys at Lakeside for a while if they dont get their application sorted for NST so hope to see a decent crowd..... 

May be an image of text

Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

Here's hoping Christowoglou gets into the first team, I thought McIness was good but realised he's Irish.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Nunya - 20 Jan 2024 10:35 PM
Here's hoping Christowoglou gets into the first team, I thought McIness was good but realised he's Irish.

???? Not sure I understand what you are trying to say or who you are referring to?

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

HNY MSC, how was the Kogarah game - sadly I was away.
I saw you posted a good crowd that was pleasing to see and not unexpected.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 22 Jan 2024 11:39 AM
HNY MSC, how was the Kogarah game - sadly I was away.
I saw you posted a good crowd that was pleasing to see and not unexpected.

Hey paisan, HNY.

My daughter was sick last weekend so I didnt end up flying up but I spoke to a few that attended and the atmosphere was great. Looking forward to the season ahead, starts with a derby against Melb Croatia at home.... 

Nice win by the redmen this morning BTW :)
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

ah ok a curve ball, I expect your daughter has recovered importantly !

I was pretty annoyed missed the game myself so good to hear it delivered - and just like the mighty Redmen this morn, watched it live had concerns the 1st half but at its been to date, 2nd halfs we bring it on and take the points :)

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 22 Jan 2024 1:08 PM
ah ok a curve ball, I expect your daughter has recovered importantly !

I was pretty annoyed missed the game myself so good to hear it delivered - and just like the mighty Redmen this morn, watched it live had concerns the 1st half but at its been to date, 2nd halfs we bring it on and take the points :)

Yeah all sweet man, just a summer cold .... 

Great to see Nunez get on the score sheet, its been bugging him for quite a few weeks now and it shows in his game.... He is very clearly an emotional type of guy and when he doesnt have that monkey on his back can play some beautiful football... I hope the floodgates open up for him now. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

hehe summer cold, covid omg lol.....

yer he sure is a emotional player but typical of his type :) ala Suarez god luv him.
Running train wreck cause's havoc which is great, really pressures the defense's into error I like seeing, its his last ball that lets him down many times.
Think he tries way too hard, needs to relax/chill that I'm sure Kloppy keeps in his ear.
Deserved well taken first time side foot placement, other times he's just wild going for that wonder strike.
He's coming along at the right time thats for sure.
Jota just blows me away as the unassuming frontman player but so damn effective.
Good stats he covers them all lol
7 goals 2 assists 2 yellows 1 red - full house haha

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 22 Jan 2024 3:40 PM
hehe summer cold, covid omg lol.....

yer he sure is a emotional player but typical of his type :) ala Suarez god luv him.
Running train wreck cause's havoc which is great, really pressures the defense's into error I like seeing, its his last ball that lets him down many times.
Think he tries way too hard, needs to relax/chill that I'm sure Kloppy keeps in his ear.
Deserved well taken first time side foot placement, other times he's just wild going for that wonder strike.
He's coming along at the right time thats for sure.
Jota just blows me away as the unassuming frontman player but so damn effective.
Good stats he covers them all lol
7 goals 2 assists 2 yellows 1 red - full house haha

Yeah , thats what I mean. You can tell he wants to please the gaffer AND the fans..... and tries the overly ambitious sometimes.... All 4 goals this mornign where pure Liverpool peaches... great to watch.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1751802372500963620?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Josh signed for the year... must be about done with signings anyone have any further info?....

FORZA HELLAS
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 Feb 2024 10:22 AM

no better way to kick off round 1 tonight

thank god its all back on Youtube. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Beretta - 8 Feb 2024 11:16 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 2 Feb 2024 10:22 AM

no better way to kick off round 1 tonight

thank god its all back on Youtube. 

Id like to wish your club good luck but Ill be too nervous biting my nails about what we will serve up tonight :)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Welcome back big H....

https://twitter.com/nplvictoria/status/1755527895358063039?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)Hacker (395 reputation)

wasnt the greatest match, scrappy at times, but to be expected first game back. 

South probably just edged it, knights didnt create many clear cut chances.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Beretta - 9 Feb 2024 11:20 AM

wasnt the greatest match, scrappy at times, but to be expected first game back. 

South probably just edged it, knights didnt create many clear cut chances.

Albano dangerous on the left as always but Semi, although he can dribble three players in a phone booth, doesnt know what to do once he is clear... Knights need a striker, otherwise pretty solid accross the backline and mids.... 

Agreed, match was scratchy ... I blame the reff... FFS dropping cards like he as dealing hands at Crown.... 

1-1 would have been fair.... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

got a long throw that bloke leading into the goal.

Yer scrappy but as mentioned 1st one out of the way.

As mentioned thanks Berreta I wouldn't have watched that bloody greek ethnic club if it wasn't for your link lol.....

MK looked better on the ball many times to me retaining possesion better despite the score.

Good luck fella, long way to go but at least its started for you guys, we await Feb 16.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 9 Feb 2024 12:48 PM
got a long throw that bloke leading into the goal.

Yer scrappy but as mentioned 1st one out of the way.

As mentioned thanks Berreta I wouldn't have watched that bloody greek ethnic club if it wasn't for your link lol.....

MK looked better on the ball many times to me retaining possesion better despite the score.

Good luck fella, long way to go but at least its started for you guys, we await Feb 16.

Maxi Mikkola, all 45 kgs of him, has an arm like a howitzer, legit can reach the 6 yard box from a few steps past the half way line.... every throw in is a corner :) It helps having tall timber up top..... 

MK def better on the ball but a lot of side to side movement trying to poke holes through or mids... When they did get around the flanks there was an "empty threat" ball...

I was annoyed at times at how conservative we played but going home and immediately watching the replay with a cooler head I was better pleased.... its a looong season ahead and 3 points at home to the eternal enemy.... Ill take that. You never ever know whats going to happen at a Cros v Hellas match, both could be at other ends of the table and that one game is decided, usually, by a single goal.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

PS Good luck to APIA and SYD58 too matey, only a week or so to go.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Premier League Productions crew down at Lakeside today shooting a special segment on Ange.

Bringing the mighty South Melbourne Hellas to the world yet again :)

May be an image of 2 people, television and text

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

28 attempts on goal, 80%+ possession and still had to rely on a 92nd minute penalty to get the points... AAARRRGGGHHH its like pulling teeth sometimes.

Only positive is that the new attack seems to be able to get in over the top both centrally and from both wings, just need to gel the two forwards now and I predict plenty of goals this year... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Home again against Hume City on Monday night (arrrggghh Monday?) KO at 7.30 and for those who are still trying to keep the "effniks" in their "enclaves" come down and watch a Turkish Australian lad be revered by both Greek and Turkish Australian clubs and fans alike.

"We are thrilled to confirm that the great Tansel Baser will return to the club on Monday night and will be tossing the coin ahead of our match against Hume City.Tansel is a legend of this football club, a former captain and someone who proudly sits in the club's Hall of Fame as a championship winner in both the National Soccer League and when he returned to the club in the Victorian Premier League.Making his debut in 1994 after being discovered by Frank Arok, Baser became one of the best defenders in the NSL before he went on to play for both the Olyroos and overseas in the Turkish Super League. When the club returned to state competition, he proudly returned to the club and was a key member of our 2006 championship win against all odds.As a former representative of Hume City also, it is only fitting he tosses the coin for the match."

May be an image of 1 person, playing football, playing American football and text

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

sitting pretty at the top of the table, 9 points and 3 clean sheets, just building that base for when Bonada and Harry start gelling and the goals start flowing....

Great work lads, Willie Lejeune take a bow son, stepped in to cover for Javi like a champ and bossed your goalmouth.... Jordan 'Frank" Lampard MOM for me followed very very very closely by Bonada... Andy, Morgan, Harry, Mario, Maxxie "Delap" well played gents, always hard working... Mr Ross Archibald, as a long time fan about farkin time you came to South mate, your leadership and composure is very much appreciated by us mugs in the stands...... this is where you belong..... 

Its gonna be a great season, lets keep the momentum going.

FORZA HELLAS!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1762075017276543296?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Javi , my man, I hope you a speedy recovery and pray to God that this is just a small injury and that you recover soon..... 
hellas_johnny
hellas_johnny
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Feb 2024 9:40 AM
sitting pretty at the top of the table, 9 points and 3 clean sheets, just building that base for when Bonada and Harry start gelling and the goals start flowing....

Great work lads, Willie Lejeune take a bow son, stepped in to cover for Javi like a champ and bossed your goalmouth.... Jordan 'Frank" Lampard MOM for me followed very very very closely by Bonada... Andy, Morgan, Harry, Mario, Maxxie "Delap" well played gents, always hard working... Mr Ross Archibald, as a long time fan about farkin time you came to South mate, your leadership and composure is very much appreciated by us mugs in the stands...... this is where you belong..... 

Its gonna be a great season, lets keep the momentum going.

FORZA HELLAS!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1762075017276543296?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Way too positive.  We're playing like absolute crap at the moment with football that represents nothing close to south Melbourne.  This team has so much potential same as last year but if we continue in the same way it'll be the same as the last 2 years, finishing high but not winning the granny. 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

hellas_johnny - 28 Feb 2024 12:00 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 27 Feb 2024 9:40 AM

Way too positive.  We're playing like absolute crap at the moment with football that represents nothing close to south Melbourne.  This team has so much potential same as last year but if we continue in the same way it'll be the same as the last 2 years, finishing high but not winning the granny. 

Hahaha I know.... Im trying to put a better spin on things :)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Just a note, South vs Manningham is at 3pm tomorrow at Pettys reserve NOT 2pm as listed on google...

May be an image of 1 person, playing football, playing American football and text that says "OURNE FC SOUTH MELBOURNE FC SOUTH MELBOURNE FC ROUND 4 UNITED N CF CAPIT. LE KaR SATURDAY MARCH 2ND 3PM PETTY' RESERVE"

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

South train keeps rolling along :)

4 from 4 and, despite a shaky first 20 mins and a worldie from Manningham (what a strike by their #9, take a bow young man... credit where credit is due) we showed what a well  drilled attack can do.

Hatrick Sawyer is back baby :)  Andy should have had a hattie of his own. Bonada is starting to gel with the big man up to. Lampard, exceptional, Peios very very very good, 

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1763831136600703268?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Big Derby on Friday night at Lakeside, Been a while since South and Bergers were 1st and 2nd.....  could be a humdinger of a match....

FORZA HELLAS
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Greek derby time, Friday night under lights at Lakeside 7.30pm KO... 

South v Bergers, top of the table clash and possibly last Lakeside visit from the "Alex and Ross" boys for a while, should be fiery this year.

Here are some tasty moments from clashes over the past decades....

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1765271097031700881?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9iomih8oNo

A draw in the derby will have to do. South still on top due to goal diff... 1st test passed by the lads, could have been a win with a couple of squandered chances but the Bergers look like the real deal this year.... we march on.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search