Official South Melbourne FC thread

Official South Melbourne FC thread

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Munrubenmuz - 17 May 2024 4:36 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 17 May 2024 1:41 PM

Bump this thread next Tuesday mono so I can remember. I'm assuming it's on youtube?

Yeah mate, will do.

https://www.youtube.com/@footballfedvic/streams

Edited
Last Week by Monoethnic Social Club
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 17 May 2024 1:41 PM
Totti10 - 17 May 2024 1:24 PM

Sadly it is necessary to prevent those nationalistic idiots from attending. Our women's team has played Preston quite a few times lately and none at both clubs cares about all that 90s bullshit anymore... Most of the fascist ultra ryhards only go to the tennis and to Aleague matches now thank God .. Hope they stay away.  There will be enough angst amongst supporters without some dildo thinking they are the self appointed defender of Alexander the Great's legacy in Australia... lol

Bump this thread next Tuesday mono so I can remember. I'm assuming it's on youtube?

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Totti10 - 17 May 2024 1:24 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 17 May 2024 1:09 PM

Love it can’t wait to watch. Hope they get a sell out crowd and hope no idiots attend. Not sure about the whole banning of national flags bullshit thought we were over that 

Sadly it is necessary to prevent those nationalistic idiots from attending. Our women's team has played Preston quite a few times lately and none at both clubs cares about all that 90s bullshit anymore... Most of the fascist ultra ryhards only go to the tennis and to Aleague matches now thank God .. Hope they stay away.  There will be enough angst amongst supporters without some dildo thinking they are the self appointed defender of Alexander the Great's legacy in Australia... lol
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender
Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 17 May 2024 1:09 PM
LFC. - 17 May 2024 11:57 AM

Tickets booked, crew assembled, hoping for a good showing tonight to take us into next weeks game with some confidence.... Bring on the derbies :)

Yeah I agree with what Preston is doing... both our clubs recognise the massive opportunity this represents to pivot into the future... There may (Im not 100% sure on this) be a further announcement of NST on or after the night as most of the stakeholders are at an event before kickoff... if this goes off how I pray it does, it will be very good for the game here, very good. 

Love it can’t wait to watch. Hope they get a sell out crowd and hope no idiots attend. Not sure about the whole banning of national flags bullshit thought we were over that 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 17 May 2024 11:57 AM
I think its fair enough what Preston are doing MSC.......
We all hope for good behaviour but there is always that small % of idiot risk that in their position now working so hard to show themselves worthy of next seasons NST the only headlines we need is a good football game and sell out.
Should be an awesum night.

Tickets booked, crew assembled, hoping for a good showing tonight to take us into next weeks game with some confidence.... Bring on the derbies :)

Yeah I agree with what Preston is doing... both our clubs recognise the massive opportunity this represents to pivot into the future... There may (Im not 100% sure on this) be a further announcement of NST on or after the night as most of the stakeholders are at an event before kickoff... if this goes off how I pray it does, it will be very good for the game here, very good. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I think its fair enough what Preston are doing MSC.......
We all hope for good behaviour but there is always that small % of idiot risk that in their position now working so hard to show themselves worthy of next seasons NST the only headlines we need is a good football game and sell out.
Should be an awesum night.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Again well played to presidents of both clubs ... respect and understanding will get this championship off the ground and into the hearts and minds of football supporters in this country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRILKplhdWo

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Tickets on sale for next Tuesday...  Some fairly draconian measures taken by Preston but it looks like they want to make sure the event goes off without a hitch... Be on your best behaviour South fans.... 

https://x.com/smfc/status/1790624289848250519?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

We look forward to welcoming football loving fans to what will be a great game between two great clubs ahead of the
NST.To ensure everyone has a great experience we will be providing a number of information updates about behaviour, online ticketing, car parking, entry and pavilion access.➡️
Online ticket sales to be released by both clubs $10 adults, $7 children under 13 and pensioners/concession with ID only ➡️
Τhere will be NO PASS-OUTS ➡️
Kick off 8:00pm➡️
Gates open strictly at 5pm➡️
Main gate entry - all supporters may enter➡️
North Grandstand gates from junior ground is for Preston Supporters only ➡️
North side and grandstand: Preston active zone, Preston supporters to wait 15 minutes post game - no exit.➡️
South side goal next to major entry: South Melbourne Active Zone*South supporters to be given 15 minutes post game to leave precinct ➡️
Wanding, bag and identification checks, as well as face identification, the clubs and FV reserve the right go refuse entry - a zero tolerance policy will be in place➡️
Face covering and balaclavas will not be permitted➡️
We look forward to hosting a range of FA, FV, NST, Government & Council representatives at this showcase. ➡️
Victoria Police, security, surveillance operators as well as marshals from both clubs will be positioned around the ground ➡️
Police and security patrols around precinct➡️
Car entry to the ground via Broadhurst Ave will close at 6:45pm➡️
Medic at entry ➡️
Behavioural Codes of Conduct Apply ➡️
Club banners only to be approved by respective clubs which includes no national flags, no national symbols and no flag poles➡️
All entrants will be scanned, bags checked and wanding ➡️
Additional food and beverage stands will be set up
Additional portaloos➡️
Please use the bins and help us keep venue clean➡️
Game will be live-streamed ➡️
Red or Blue face painting for children under 12 upon entry🚭
NO SMOKING / VAPING VENUE
Please help the clubs in any way you can by being patient and courteous. Please thank our volunteers.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Beretta - 14 May 2024 9:54 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 14 May 2024 9:41 AM

is the game a sell out next week?

hahaha havent even released ticketing info.... hahaha take it easy mate, OK so Im excited to play Preston again.. sue me.
You guys have Olympic, Apia, Marconi the Wolves every season, down here apart from Knights and Heidelberg we have to pretend to have rivalries with Oakleigh and Bentleigh to make things remotely interesting... :)
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 14 May 2024 9:41 AM
Fantastic to see that our two clubs can work so well together to put on a spectacle.... 

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1789954100765069622?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

is the game a sell out next week?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Fantastic to see that our two clubs can work so well together to put on a spectacle.... 

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1789954100765069622?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Totti10 - 13 May 2024 11:50 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 11:24 AM

Hope there are some good crowds for both. I’m buzzing for That cup game haha. The atmosphere will be unreal

Same... Friday may be a bit low, Knights arent having much fun this year in the league and their crowds are down, still all bets are off in the derby and they would want some revenge after we beat them in first round AND in the cup .... Might be my last chance to go to one of my favourite suburban grounds for a while so Ill be there.

As for next Tuesday, yeah I have a feeling that it will come close to selling out.... Dont know what their official capacity is these days but it will be one of the better NPL level crowds we have ever seen in this country for many reasons. Just praying for NO trouble... Security is going to be on the look out for known Aleague banned offenders so should go smoothly.
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender
Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 11:24 AM
Great weekend for the mighty blue and white.

Our Women claim the Community shield and our lads get a comfortable 1-4  away from home at Dinamo... 6 players on the pitch coming up from the junior ranks is a huge step in our preparations for next year. Keep going guys you make us sooo proud...  A special congratulations to Georgie Tsits... WHAT farken golara son..... enjoyed that immensely, bravo.

Big week coming up for Hellas, Somers Street derby on Friday night followed by FA cup at BT Connor  4 nights later...... I can smell the NSL in the air ....... and loving it :)

May be an image of 12 people, people playing football and text

Hope there are some good crowds for both. I’m buzzing for That cup game haha. The atmosphere will be unreal
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Great weekend for the mighty blue and white.

Our Women claim the Community shield and our lads get a comfortable 1-4  away from home at Dinamo... 6 players on the pitch coming up from the junior ranks is a huge step in our preparations for next year. Keep going guys you make us sooo proud...  A special congratulations to Georgie Tsits... WHAT farken golara son..... enjoyed that immensely, bravo.

Big week coming up for Hellas, Somers Street derby on Friday night followed by FA cup at BT Connor  4 nights later...... I can smell the NSL in the air ....... and loving it :)

May be an image of 12 people, people playing football and text

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 2 May 2024 11:52 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 2 May 2024 11:25 AM

I just sent the pic you posted to some serb mates and they were texting me at the same time about it lol

can't wait 

Fucken Balkaners hahahahahha we all think the same sometimes... hahahahah
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 May 2024 11:25 AM
tsf - 2 May 2024 11:19 AM

I havent been to BT Connor in more than a decade.. apparently the cevaps are on point :) Really keen to see how this plays out and hoping for no crowd troubles ...although worried a few dickheads will make their way down ... Should be a spicy affair either way..... 

I just sent the pic you posted to some serb mates and they were texting me at the same time about it lol

can't wait 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Beretta - 2 May 2024 11:30 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 2 May 2024 10:59 AM

Huge.
First meeting between the two clubs since when?

Gotta be at least 14 years I reckon. I remember some crowds trouble in 2006 or 7 but honestly (apart from womens games) cant remember the last time we played them .They wen't down I wanna say in 2009 or thereabouts?... I vaguely recall a pre-season friendly ages ago but dont think it was open to the public???? 

This will be big with both clubs wanting to "show off" and get the win .... can't wait.
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)

tsf - 2 May 2024 10:43 AM

Tuesday May 21st 8pm kickoff... Garbage for families but I dare say it will be a bit of a monster crowd (at least for NPL level) Ive had old South fans come out of the woodwork telling me they are coming down for this..... mark it in your calendar this will be what the championship will look like next year.... at least in Melbourne.

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1785823717366374885?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Two of Australia's biggest club's will meet in the Dockerty Cup / Australia Cup, as we take on fellow NST Foundation Club Preston Lions on Tuesday May 21st at BT Connor Reserve.Stay tuned to specific ticket details in the coming week once confirmed.

Huge.
First meeting between the two clubs since when?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 2 May 2024 11:19 AM

awesome, it's my night off coaching too

I havent been to BT Connor in more than a decade.. apparently the cevaps are on point :) Really keen to see how this plays out and hoping for no crowd troubles ...although worried a few dickheads will make their way down ... Should be a spicy affair either way..... 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Tuesday May 21st 8pm kickoff... Garbage for families but I dare say it will be a bit of a monster crowd (at least for NPL level) Ive had old South fans come out of the woodwork telling me they are coming down for this..... mark it in your calendar this will be what the championship will look like next year.... at least in Melbourne.

https://twitter.com/smfc/status/1785823717366374885?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Two of Australia's biggest club's will meet in the Dockerty Cup / Australia Cup, as we take on fellow NST Foundation Club Preston Lions on Tuesday May 21st at BT Connor Reserve.Stay tuned to specific ticket details in the coming week once confirmed.

awesome, it's my night off coaching too
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

is that australian cup? 

and when is it? 

tsf
tsf
Legend

is that australian cup? 

and when is it? 
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender

Monoethnic Social Club - 2 May 2024 10:15 AM
Totti10 - 1 May 2024 5:14 PM

Cheers mate, you too against Sydney NPL.

As for the Italians, most of my spaghetti mucnhing friends gave up on soccer when Carlton SC folded 20 years ago... mainly tragic AFL fans now.  There was a spreadsheet/flow chart doing the rounds a few years ago showing all the mergers, in-fighting, splits and re-mergers of the Italian clubs in Melbourne.... Somehow the Italians make Greeks look united. lol

Italians are fucked we just hate eachother more than anyone else hahaha.
South vs Preston in the cup gonna be huge 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Totti10 - 1 May 2024 5:14 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 4:37 PM

Yeah Brunswick juve were huge in 60’s and 70s 15-20 thousand when they played south Melbourne apparently.
it’s a shame the Italians don’t get behind a team down there.
Goodluck this Saturday mate 

Cheers mate, you too against Sydney NPL.

As for the Italians, most of my spaghetti mucnhing friends gave up on soccer when Carlton SC folded 20 years ago... mainly tragic AFL fans now.  There was a spreadsheet/flow chart doing the rounds a few years ago showing all the mergers, in-fighting, splits and re-mergers of the Italian clubs in Melbourne.... Somehow the Italians make Greeks look united. lol
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 4:37 PM
Totti10 - 1 May 2024 3:45 PM

Preston v South will be the curtain raiser for the Champonship next year... The Lions boys are probably shopping around for meat for the cookup as we speak :)  have been looking forward to it for a few seasons and finally we meet at a time when both clubs are doing well both on and off the park... I would be surprised if less than 5-6 thousand turn up even if it is mid week.

As for Avondale, they had a small but vocal group turn up with Italian flags to last years GF but havent seen them since nor expecting them at Lakeside on the weekend. Infact, because of Orthodox Easter the turn out will be pretty poor. from our fans too.  Avondale dont have alot of rusted on support from the Italian soccer community as far as I know, storied clubs like Bulleen, Brunswick (Zebras AND Juve - but thats another story), Werribee and Royals maybe, but Avondale arent really liked as far as I can tell. 

It’s a passion project for local builder as far as I can tell from the outside... everyone down here is still scratching their heads as to why/how they exist.

Yeah Brunswick juve were huge in 60’s and 70s 15-20 thousand when they played south Melbourne apparently.
it’s a shame the Italians don’t get behind a team down there.
Goodluck this Saturday mate 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Totti10 - 1 May 2024 3:45 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 1:17 PM

Should be a Cracka game. What’s the go with Avondale do the Italians get behind them at all in Melbourne ? I’ve seen they play next to the Calabria club so not sure if they have any backing or not 

Preston v South will be the curtain raiser for the Champonship next year... The Lions boys are probably shopping around for meat for the cookup as we speak :)  have been looking forward to it for a few seasons and finally we meet at a time when both clubs are doing well both on and off the park... I would be surprised if less than 5-6 thousand turn up even if it is mid week.

As for Avondale, they had a small but vocal group turn up with Italian flags to last years GF but havent seen them since nor expecting them at Lakeside on the weekend. Infact, because of Orthodox Easter the turn out will be pretty poor. from our fans too.  Avondale dont have alot of rusted on support from the Italian soccer community as far as I know, storied clubs like Bulleen, Brunswick (Zebras AND Juve - but thats another story), Werribee and Royals maybe, but Avondale arent really liked as far as I can tell. 

Its a passion project for local builder as far as I can tell from the outside... everyone down here is still scratching their heads as to why/how they exist.
Edited
3 Weeks Ago by Monoethnic Social Club
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 1:17 PM
Double header on Easter Saturday.. Nice and early, leaves enough time to get home and head to church for midnight mass...

Kalo Pascha kai Kali Anastasi - Foodzesty

Should be a Cracka game. What’s the go with Avondale do the Italians get behind them at all in Melbourne ? I’ve seen they play next to the Calabria club so not sure if they have any backing or not 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Double header on Easter Saturday.. Nice and early, leaves enough time to get home and head to church for midnight mass...

Kalo Pascha kai Kali Anastasi - Foodzesty

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Belated congratulations to the Mighty South Melbourne Powerchair FC on winning the VPL championship , with an incredible win on penalties against Westvale Olympic.

FORZA HELLAS lads, another trophy for our cabinet ... well done :)

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

$10 entry, ANZAC eve football, windy and wet Melbourne evening, 7.30 kick off....... 

Wouldn't be anywhere else in the universe :)

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search