MacArthur vs Wellington

MacArthur vs Wellington

Author
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Gyfox - 7 Jan 2021 5:40 PM
SUTHERLANDBEAR - 7 Jan 2021 4:07 PM

It is spelt the same as the region the club plays in.  The history of the region's name is an interesting read.  It was a slow transition from the name of a Federal electorate through to the region over about 30 years from 1949.

https://camdenhistorynotes.wordpress.com/2017/07/29/macarthur-regional-identity/

Just to elaborate a little more. Mac & Mc mean " son of ", so in this case it is son of Arthur. Case rested.
Edited
3 Years Ago by SUTHERLANDBEAR
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Blew.2 - 12 Jan 2021 8:59 AM
Blew.2 - 12 Jan 2021 8:45 AM

Independent A/L still run n controlled by FA Officials

There has to be a regulator, otherwise the likes of Sage and co will run riot. The profits from A League clubs are measured different now, as agreed to by the club owners and that is what drives their interest.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
richv
richv
Super Fan
Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)

Any word on the state of Jovanivic after this game. 
He came off looking in a shocking state after trying to carry on after that head clash, then headed the ball again and he could hardly stand on his own feet.
Little said about this, but that was a shocking decision by Macarthur's physio to keep that guy on the field. Sooner they bring in new concussion rules the better.

Edited
3 Years Ago by richv
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

Blew.2 - 12 Jan 2021 8:45 AM

Independent A/L still run n controlled by FA Officials

Clear Contact There

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Wrong call for Rufer, the red got down graded but still suspended one week. Get the whip out now.
Edited
3 Years Ago by soccerfoo
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star
Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)Rising Star (776 reputation)

NO Officials got it right?  Match Ban - Any Action re the stomp on ruffer?

Clear Contact There

Edited
3 Years Ago by Blew.2
Blew.2
Blew.2
Rising Star

FA and MRP still trying to get bomb shelter ready (slow decision making) Forensic Investigator required to view VAR version of replay. 

Clear Contact There

Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker
Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)

Roar in me Blood - 10 Jan 2021 8:05 PM
Footballfirst - 10 Jan 2021 6:51 PM

I was pretty sure the commentators first comment on seeing the VAR replay was that maybe the VAR was asking Lucas to look at Genreau's studs in tackle - but that faded away pretty quickly to just disbelief over the red card side.

On reflection I think you might be right re the commentators and they did mention it fleetingly but gee they brushed it away quickly, they should have mentioned a lot more of the Generau tackle to further emphaphis the injustice of it all. I have nothing against Generau, I think he is a good player and has played well this year but that was a bad tackle, not intentional but studs into the ankle forcing Rufers ankle to bend nastily could have injured Rufer seriously, then Generau carries  on afterwards like he had been shot when he was only brushed by Rufer at most was all very ordinary and was further compounded by the referees decision, which was the worst VAR red card decision I can recall ever seeing, just an absolute shocker.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

The ref was clearly man o'the match. People pay hard earnt so refs must get it right.
They shit me. Replace them with a drone!
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Footballfirst - 10 Jan 2021 6:51 PM
playmaker11 - 9 Jan 2021 7:07 PM

That is what I first thought as Rufer was clearly fouled by Genreau as Genreau's studs clearly crunch into Rufer's ankle causing him to fallover in pain, its bad enough that the referee missed the illegal tackle on Rufer the first time but then he misses it again when he gets to see the replay and then he gives Rufer a red card for that half hearted lash at best, that was the worst decision I have seen in a long time.

The commentators also have even less of and excuse to miss Generau tackle as they got to see replay after replay and yet not one of the commentators mentioned the Generau tackle on Rufer, how can they miss it, how can they not see Generau's studs contact Rufers ankle and the amount of bend it caused RUFER'S ankle? 

I watched this game as a neutral and Wellington were clearly ripped off by that very poor decision.

I was pretty sure the commentators first comment on seeing the VAR replay was that maybe the VAR was asking Lucas to look at Genreau's studs in tackle - but that faded away pretty quickly to just disbelief over the red card side.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

richv
richv
Super Fan
Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)

Apparently the Ref's bosses have admitted they got it wrong in #MACvWEL twice: in being referred to the VAR and again for the red. But the appeal is completely different and is a much higher threshold. Am waiting on ref report and probably MRP. "From a tweet by one of the Nix managers"
Edited
3 Years Ago by richv
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Only saw the myfootball replay on youtube earlier today.
On a side note it looks like foxsports has retired it's mobile app which is just madness in this day and age.

Completely agree with all the posters in that it was a terrible terrible VAR call.

Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker
Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)Hacker (379 reputation)

Bowden - 9 Jan 2021 6:56 PM
Derbyshire has looked pretty average in his first 3 games 

Hasn't been getting much service.
Footballfirst
Footballfirst
Hacker

Is it just me or were the blokes in the VAR booth actually wanting the ref to look at Genreau's tackle? Foot over the ball, mistimed, a bit reckless.

That is what I first thought as Rufer was clearly fouled by Genreau as Genreau's studs clearly crunch into Rufer's ankle causing him to fallover in pain, its bad enough that the referee missed the illegal tackle on Rufer the first time but then he misses it again when he gets to see the replay and then he gives Rufer a red card for that half hearted lash at best, that was the worst decision I have seen in a long time.

The commentators also have even less of and excuse to miss Generau tackle as they got to see replay after replay and yet not one of the commentators mentioned the Generau tackle on Rufer, how can they miss it, how can they not see Generau's studs contact Rufers ankle and the amount of bend it caused RUFER'S ankle? 

I watched this game as a neutral and Wellington were clearly ripped off by that very poor decision.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Footballfirst
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

soccerfoo - 10 Jan 2021 3:27 PM
Wollongong Phoenix lose Cacace and Taylor and end up getting McGarry and Laws. Piscopo out injured although they have now got Lewis. Ufy has really gotten some seriously good replacements in.

Showing himself to be the best Australian coach for my money. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Nix come close to winning the comp. 
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

Wollongong Phoenix lose Cacace and Taylor and end up getting McGarry and Laws. Piscopo out injured although they have now got Lewis. Ufy has really gotten some seriously good replacements in.
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

charlied - 9 Jan 2021 7:04 PM
The red card was the worst VAR decision I have seen. In some parts of the world, you would immediately know that the fix was in. That bad. 

Having just watched the replay as a neutral, that's how I felt. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Nunya - 9 Jan 2021 8:49 PM
sportaddict - 9 Jan 2021 6:24 PM

The fact that shit like this is a card at all brings the sport into disrepute with most Australians. I could sit next to one or my mates watching that and they'd say the sport is full of faggots, sad but true.

It's about time red cards were removed from the game instead of being used as a tool of corruption. I have no idea why sin bins don't exist, it would stop games from being ruined by shit calls like this one. Fucking stomped on closes his eyes, if anything his boots might have grazed Genreaus precious legs little turd has been watching too much Neymar, he went down because he was afraid he commited a red card offence himself, again red cards are shit when they make players do stupid shit like this.

Hey whats a sin bin? Does that have something to do with the "faggots" your friends are afraid are infesting the sport? Are you saying that if a player commits an offence he should not be sent off but be molested? Im confused by this,  is this what MOST Australians want?  
Edited
3 Years Ago by Monoethnic Social Club
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

Derbyshire cannot do a thing so long as the Bulls are the worst crossing team out of the twelve teams. That must frustrate him no end.
charlied
charlied
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

I'm trying to remember the last time Tommy Oar actually impacted a game.

The game was stolen from the Nix by the referees. Should have been 2 home losses on the trott from the Bulls.
ctrl
ctrl
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

Gotta be a bit concerning that Franjic is far and away your most sprightly defender. 
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Bulls are weighed down by thuggery, and they should be getting cards for first offences when they are such blatant hacks and cynical fouls. Pisses me off no end to see players waving one finger at the ref saying it was my first cardable offence sir like that is an entitlement. Davila was fouled so many times by different players all demanding their first offence exemption. Milligan is getting worse as a player - like Muscat towards the end - his speed is going and he is escalating the anti-football aspect of his play to make up for it.

Great game again by Franjic.

Wellington are the goods this season - lovely play and well put together. As was mentioned earlier, it is a shame Sotirio is in the team or I could actually like them.

The red card was bullshit and the tackle by the Macarthur player in that same incident was a clear cardable offence and far more dangerous than not pulling an injured leg away from the player who caused it.

One bad decision ruined the game, robbed the Nix of a great game, and carried BSFC further along in their media success.

Milicic is not coming through as a good coach. The more games they play the worse they seem to get. Defending in their own half invited the Nix to dominate them in the first half (not that it completely ended then). Much like Roar against Victory - asking for pressure to be piled on - but no considered change of tactics just more of the same.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Nunya
Nunya
Hacker
Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)Hacker (368 reputation)

sportaddict - 9 Jan 2021 6:24 PM
Stupid kick from Rufer, probably not a red but he invites that with the needless kick 

The fact that shit like this is a card at all brings the sport into disrepute with most Australians. I could sit next to one or my mates watching that and they'd say the sport is full of faggots, sad but true.

It's about time red cards were removed from the game instead of being used as a tool of corruption. I have no idea why sin bins don't exist, it would stop games from being ruined by shit calls like this one. Fucking stomped on closes his eyes, if anything his boots might have grazed Genreaus precious legs little turd has been watching too much Neymar, he went down because he was afraid he commited a red card offence himself, again red cards are shit when they make players do stupid shit like this.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Nunya
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

soccerfoo - 9 Jan 2021 7:49 PM
Bulls can improve with Susaeta as AM, Genreau as the 8 and Rose with Oar on the wings.

Someone needs to make better runs of the ball with Derbyshire as the hold up striker.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

The bulls need to work out a better front 3 to compliment Derbyshire, otherwise he’s not going to be effective for them.

Either LA Rose or Susaeta on the right, but on the left Rose doesn’t work as he’s not technically good enough yet for that role whilst he needs to learn better spatial awareness off the ball as you are spending most of the time cutting on your favoured foot.

Not sure that Susaeta can play on the left but he may have the profile of that position but they need to use Tommy Oar or the young lad Hollman for better balance, Oar is comfortable hugging the touch line on the left putting in crosses in but Oar and Meredith don’t fit together as they want to play in similar areas on the left.
Whilst the young boy Hollman can cut in from the left.

The midfield is similar too, they all want the ball at feet and want to make those passes in tight but it’s all front of them if the movement up top is not there, also they don’t support Derbyshire well enough as he tends to be isolated up front most times.

The goal came from a break of play from Benat who found Susaeta who went in behind the Nix’s back 4 in transition.

The bulls will get better but they need a lot of work alot on their deficiencies.

The nix looked good, nothing has changed apart from Hemed but they will be up there as the general play looks slick and precise.

Devlin plays with a lot of energy always chasing but he’s got intelligence in his play as well.

I dont think it was a red card either.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Barca4Life
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

ctrl - 9 Jan 2021 7:14 PM

That was my first thought, too. Definitely a foul by Genreau. I think Rufer may have left his foot in for some sort of self-preservation, but there was no kicking action to warrant a red for me. Replays were pretty conclusive that his eyes were closed when bracing to hit the ground. 

It looks like Genreau gets contact ABOVE  the boot with studs. That's a red card for Serious Foul Play.

Rufer appears to lash out and makes contact with Genreau with his studs. That's a red card for violent conduct.
There should have been 2 reds if one was awarded. 
Lucas is not best and Kris Griffiths-Jones is a f***wit.
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Is it just me or were the blokes in the VAR booth actually wanting the ref to look at Genreau's tackle? Foot over the ball, mistimed, a bit reckless.

These guys are desperate to keep their jobs. This was a shocking use of VAR. It's time FIFA ended the experiment.
Footyball
Footyball
Pro

Bulls can improve with Susaeta as AM, Genreau as the 8 and Rose with Oar on the wings.
sportaddict
sportaddict
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Devlin is such a good player... say this every week but he has real potential. 
charlied
charlied
Pro

ctrl - 9 Jan 2021 7:06 PM
I don't get how refs can call time early like that. Surely, it's not hard to keep track of minutes lost during injury time. Way to have both sets of players on your case. Anyway, I'm happy Wellington held on. 

I enjoyed watching Devlin versus Genreau - the former is such a niggling nugget. You love to see it. Actually I was pretty impressed by some of Wellington's new fellas. Laws, Lewis and McGarry all showed something. Unfortunately, Sotirio is still around to mess things up. 

MacArthur are a strangely dull team, very one-paced. If Tommy Oar is the answer, you're asking the wrong question.  

Agree on all points 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search