Brawl at Sydney npl match

Brawl at Sydney npl match

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Munrubenmuz - 28 Apr 2021 6:17 PM
PIFA - 28 Apr 2021 9:41 AM

My loss right?  But I wouldn't go and watch any team chanting 'croatia' at a game anywhere in Australia unless they were playing Croatia.

You can say it's inclusive all you like, and it probably is, but Joe average is not turning up to watch that and neither am I.

Call me a white Anglo skip or some other bullshit but my dad was Croatian and that's how I feel about it.  I say this as someone who's travelled multiple times to Croatia. I doubt I'm alone.

The Australian National team coach certainly looks included in the image below:
Graham Arnold Sydney Croatia

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Apr 2021 10:00 AM
Roar in me Blood - 28 Apr 2021 9:47 PM

Good win by the mighty ROAR last night ....Ill check out the highlights on Youtube tonight if I get a chance.
How is my lad Jesse Daley going these days?

Jesse got a bit of a run last night. He is a better defender than attacker so he tends to start on the bench every game, but he usually gets a run later on when we need his grit to stem the tide.

He does get a little exuberant in his defending at times and can commit fouls when they are not necessary, but I rate him as an up and coming player and glad we have him in our squad.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

n i k o - 29 Apr 2021 10:03 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Apr 2021 9:57 AM

Correct not all media. My meaning by the media was the ones that intend to harm the sport. I'll ask you a direct question, I hope for a direct answer.. is the behavior of the supporters at the game wrong or right? 

Absolutely DISGUSTING and should draw lifetime bans ..... No question at all from me.
Also think the clubs involved are responsible for not policing the game better and should be punished by a points deduction and playing behind closed doors... 
Also think the same bans and fines should apply to MV for their fans throwing bottles both in the W and A leagues recently, let alone all the other incidents of violence over the years.
Also think these episodes are nothing to do with "ethnic hatred" and more to do with two sets of supporters with bad blood between them - the fact that these clubs are predominately supported by two different "ethnicities" is incidental and used as a scapegoat by APL controlled football writers to slur ALL clubs outside the cartel.
I hope that's direct?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Roar in me Blood - 29 Apr 2021 10:15 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Apr 2021 10:00 AM

Jesse got a bit of a run last night. He is a better defender than attacker so he tends to start on the bench every game, but he usually gets a run later on when we need his grit to stem the tide.

He does get a little exuberant in his defending at times and can commit fouls when they are not necessary, but I rate him as an up and coming player and glad we have him in our squad.

Yeah he could be a very handy holding midfielder, does tend to be exuberant I agree but has a good attitude and work ethic. Hope he does well.
AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Just for comparison, check out the thread below for when an MV fan got stabbed by SFC fan in Sydney. The difference in comments is quite stark, there are quite a number of apologists and you can even find victim blaming (Redfern is a bad area and MV fans should expect to be stabbed).

Moral of the story:
A-League stabbing & hospitalization = small group of idiots clubs are OK,
NSL (NPL) fight & laceration = effnik violence, no place for those clubs in Aus sokkah

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1825386/TeenarrestedfollowingstabbingRedfern?PageIndex=1

AJF
AJF
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 28 Apr 2021 9:34 AM
AJF - 28 Apr 2021 8:31 AM

Oh good. More excuses. 

replace "anti-sydney" with "anti-NSL" and you may start to understand what many effniks feel

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1825386/TeenarrestedfollowingstabbingRedfern?PageIndex=7#bm1825589

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

AJF - 29 Apr 2021 10:57 AM
Just for comparison, check out the thread below for when an MV fan got stabbed by SFC fan in Sydney. The difference in comments is quite stark, there are quite a number of apologists and you can even find victim blaming (Redfern is a bad area and MV fans should expect to be stabbed).

Moral of the story:
NSL (NPL) fight & laceration = effnik violence, no place for those clubs in Aus sokkah

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1825386/TeenarrestedfollowingstabbingRedfern?PageIndex=1

Well yeah, people would bring this up in the past and the response would always be the typical “at least it wasn’t ethnic” line.

AnthonyC
AnthonyC
Amateur
Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)Amateur (622 reputation)

Both teams should be suspended for the rest of the season. If either teams wins premiers plate and or the G/F who hear thinks playing behind closed doors was enough to, seriously, curtail this kind of behaviour? Sometimes everyone have to pay the price for the actions of the stupid few.
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

A few idiots at that Npl match have given the mainstream media a field day to bash soccer yet again. Media is obviously biased towards other codes & their attempts to harm soccer are quite pathetic really. As if soccers world popularity as the world game is really going to suffer from their bias in the long-term
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members

Moral of the story:

the double standards of the HAL fans is amusing. when is HAL fans in a fight, its only a small minority, where some even defend their actions.
When its a NPL club, (any of ethnic origins), its automatically racially driven, kick them out of the competition etc. 

Football still has a long way to go, to bridge that gap or divide, and TBH i dont think it will ever be closed. 

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

n i k o - 29 Apr 2021 9:16 AM

Not ALL media mate.
Lucy's excellent piece shows that SBS, as always, defends soccer in this country whereas Rugari and his minions used this incident as an excuse to bash the ethnic side of the game... Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. This so called "soccer people" are so keen to make sure that they closed shop doesnt get threatened that they will do ANYTHING to bring it down... 
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/npl-fracas-indefensible-but-not-racially-motivated

Her sterling defence of Staj in the Matildas debacle was commendable and really shows her support for soccer in this country. 

As for the current situation, Lucy, like the majority of journalists , appear to defend her bias and not the actual events.  If only you knew what she knew.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

AJF - 28 Apr 2021 10:24 PM
Davide82 - 28 Apr 2021 3:31 PM

So you believe that the Italians/Cros/Greeks/(insert any nationality here) living in Aus are stuck in a time warp and live like they did in the 50s; the poor bastards havent got the internet yet and their wireless is 60 years old and doesn't work any more so they don't realise the war in their homeland is over. This is 24 carat gold!

This illustrates my point exactly, ignorant people like you 

I don't know why I'm replying to such a downright idiotic response but it really is a documented thing.

I am Italian and members of my family and friends have even written theses on the topic of migration and studied cultural differences in the diaspora. When group migrations happen it tends to freeze the culture for those groups and they still live "the old ways" and romaticise life back at home when in fact home moves along with the times just like the country they migrated TO.

That is a very simplistic explanation but I'm trying to help you understand I don't mean that their papers are dated June 1955 and that they don't have internet.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Davide82
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Apr 2021 10:15 AM
n i k o - 29 Apr 2021 10:03 AM

Absolutely DISGUSTING and should draw lifetime bans ..... No question at all from me.
Also think the clubs involved are responsible for not policing the game better and should be punished by a points deduction and playing behind closed doors... 
Also think the same bans and fines should apply to MV for their fans throwing bottles both in the W and A leagues recently, let alone all the other incidents of violence over the years.
Also think these episodes are nothing to do with "ethnic hatred" and more to do with two sets of supporters with bad blood between them - the fact that these clubs are predominately supported by two different "ethnicities" is incidental and used as a scapegoat by APL controlled football writers to slur ALL clubs outside the cartel.
I hope that's direct?

Thanks for the reply, I didn't know up to now where you stood on this. I don't believe it's necessarily ethnic hatred either... showcasing ethnicity publicly though?? More likely. 
Agree about the bans in your example to victory fans throwing bottles. 

19-SU-58 - 29 Apr 2021 12:09 PM

the double standards of the HAL fans is amusing. when is HAL fans in a fight, its only a small minority, where some even defend their actions.
When its a NPL club, (any of ethnic origins), its automatically racially driven, kick them out of the competition etc. 

Football still has a long way to go, to bridge that gap or divide, and TBH i dont think it will ever be closed. 

I wasn't there but from the accounts it didn't start because of racial hatred. Ethnicity was publicly and proudly on display though. I don't care if it's aleague or nsl fans that do this shit should be punished the same. There is just one added 'fuel to the fire' in this scenario...nationalism and political stances thrown into the mix. The question is if supporters of either an aleague club or an nsl club are involved in an incident but one of those also adds nationalistic and more extreme political views, should they be looked at differently? And thereby punished differently? 

Edited
3 Years Ago by n i k o
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Apr 2021 5:56 PM
jas88 - 28 Apr 2021 11:33 AM

"Retard" what a vile word... Anyway, if you dont value these clubs I dont think anyone cars.. You have your plastic cartel clubs which are doing a bang up job of "making things better" I hear they are even thinking of offering the whole league off to an American bank now..... awesome.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Aleague/comments/mzmzvv/private_equity_bids_lodged_for_aleague_stake_as/
As for your little racist diatribe about Illinden, perhaps I can put things into perspective for you (without the aid of your wikipedia education) Do you consider Gallipoli and the ANZAC story a nation defining moment of a young country shaking off the shackles of colonialism and staking a claim on the world stage to define who they are collectively as a people or ..... as an invasion of the sovereign land of the poor Turks who had no grievances with either Australia or New Zealand yet where brutally slaughtered by a foreign army on their shores? Which name do you think would be more offensive to a Turkish Australian? Do you care? Or how about the American Revolution, do you think any English people living in America get offended on the 4th of July? 

Yes it was the Australians who wanted to land at Gallipoli and get slaughtered.... how dumb are you? honestly? have you actually finished any grade in school?

We were fighting under the British empire... what they said.. we did...along with all the other allies.

I knew the ethnic clubs had some village idiots running around but holy shit mate... hope you haven't procreated.

Edited
3 Years Ago by jas88
AJF
AJF
Pro

Davide82 - 29 Apr 2021 12:22 PM
AJF - 28 Apr 2021 10:24 PM

I don't know why I'm replying to such a downright idiotic response but it really is a documented thing.

I am Italian and members of my family and friends have even written theses on the topic of migration and studied cultural differences in the diaspora. When group migrations happen it tends to freeze the culture for those groups and they still live "the old ways" and romaticise life back at home when in fact home moves along with the times just like the country they migrated TO.

That is a very simplistic explanation but I'm trying to help you understand I don't mean that their papers are dated June 1955 and that they don't have internet.

What, you mean they dont actually stay in the 1950's... who'd have thought. Thanks for clarifying that, I thought Fonzi may still be running around Lygon Street.

To your point about culture, cultures dont actually stand still, they always evolve and what you are describing is a branching off into different directions from a common point, Euro Italian culture being influenced by the events and developments in their diaspora and the Aussie Italian culture evolving under the local influences and that leads to the divergence.

But culture and war are 2 very different things and trying to suggest local emigrants and their children hate the enemy from 50 years ago due to some cultural time warp is simplistic nonsense. But tell me as an Italian, which enemies from the 1950's do you and your Italian relatives still hate and want to go to war locally with?

The "offense" a particular group has caused to another is just a convenient excuse to justify the actions of idiots, but like I highlighted above, there are double standards depending on your nationality

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

AJF - 29 Apr 2021 1:44 PM

What, you mean they dont actually stay in the 1950's... who'd have thought. Thanks for clarifying that, I thought Fonzi may still be running around Lygon Street.

To your point about culture, cultures dont actually stand still, they always evolve and what you are describing is a branching off into different directions from a common point, Euro Italian culture being influenced by the events and developments in their diaspora and the Aussie Italian culture evolving under the local influences and that leads to the divergence.

But culture and war are 2 very different things and trying to suggest local emigrants and their children hate the enemy from 50 years ago due to some cultural time warp is simplistic nonsense. But tell me as an Italian, which enemies from the 1950's do you and your Italian relatives still hate and want to go to war locally with?

The "offense" a particular group has caused to another is just a convenient excuse to justify the actions of idiots, but like I highlighted above, there are double standards depending on your nationality

Well Italy DID Invade Greece in October 1940 (and was roundly humiliated by the plucky Greeks and pushed back into Albania before they called big brother Adolf to come and bail them out) but I dont see how that has stopped the thousands upon thousands of Greek/Italian weddings in Australia over the last 40 years :)
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

jas88 - 29 Apr 2021 12:40 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 28 Apr 2021 5:56 PM

Yes it was the Australians who wanted to land at Gallipoli and get slaughtered.... how dumb are you? honestly? have you actually finished any grade in school?

We were fighting under the British empire... what they said.. we did...along with all the other allies.

I knew the ethnic clubs had some village idiots running around but holy shit mate... hope you haven't procreated.

Yeah Im pretty dumb to be engaging with you I suppose but I actually went "all the way" in school although Im not sure how that relates to my intelligence?
You didnt answer my question though .. to paraphrase for your level:
One club is called ANZAC FC and another is called Rockdale Illenden FC, which one of these is promoting war crimes?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

n i k o - 29 Apr 2021 12:30 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Apr 2021 10:15 AM

Thanks for the reply, I didn't know up to now where you stood on this. I don't believe it's necessarily ethnic hatred either... showcasing ethnicity publicly though?? More likely. 
Agree about the bans in your example to victory fans throwing bottles. 

19-SU-58 - 29 Apr 2021 12:09 PM

I wasn't there but from the accounts it didn't start because of racial hatred. Ethnicity was publicly and proudly on display though. I don't care if it's aleague or nsl fans that do this shit should be punished the same. There is just one added 'fuel to the fire' in this scenario...nationalism and political stances thrown into the mix. The question is if supporters of either an aleague club or an nsl club are involved in an incident but one of those also adds nationalistic and more extreme political views, should they be looked at differently? And thereby punished differently? 

Thats fair but what is disappointing is that stories like these are almost jumped mon with glee by the so called Football Media here as a way of highlighting the validity of the shitty plastic system they are trying to push down consumers throats. 
jatz
jatz
Hacker
Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)

His point is a phenomena long established.  Cultures evolve, but they evolve far faster at their point of origin than anywhere else.  The Italian culture of Italian Australians evolves far slower than the Italian culture of Italians.  In fact, when the cultures of Italian Australians changes, it changes by completely dropping Italian culture and adopting contemporary Australian culture. It doesn't change by adopting contemporary Italian culture.  So, the PRACTICED cultural heritage of groups that have emigrated tend to reflect the culture they emigrated from, as it was when they emigrated, and the current culture of the place they emigrated to.

So yes, Italian Australian culture tends to be a mix of 1950s Italian culture, and 21st century Australian culture.  This is a world wide phenomena, not really disputed as far as I am aware.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Who'd have thought that football violence was so complicated?  :w00t::laugh::hehe:

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 29 Apr 2021 5:14 PM
Who'd have thought that football violence was so complicated?  :w00t::laugh::hehe:

😂 
AJF
AJF
Pro

jatz - 29 Apr 2021 5:07 PM

His point is a phenomena long established.  Cultures evolve, but they evolve far faster at their point of origin than anywhere else.  The Italian culture of Italian Australians evolves far slower than the Italian culture of Italians.  In fact, when the cultures of Italian Australians changes, it changes by completely dropping Italian culture and adopting contemporary Australian culture. It doesn't change by adopting contemporary Italian culture.  So, the PRACTICED cultural heritage of groups that have emigrated tend to reflect the culture they emigrated from, as it was when they emigrated, and the current culture of the place they emigrated to.

So yes, Italian Australian culture tends to be a mix of 1950s Italian culture, and 21st century Australian culture.  This is a world wide phenomena, not really disputed as far as I am aware.

Thanks for clarifying that, so based on your undisputed theory,  the anglo culture hasn't developed very much from its convict origins in the 1700s................that would explain alot

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Apr 2021 10:04 AM

Would they hold him high if he was from Belgrade? 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

aok - 29 Apr 2021 12:20 PM

Her sterling defence of Staj in the Matildas debacle was commendable and really shows her support for soccer in this country. 

As for the current situation, Lucy, like the majority of journalists , appear to defend her bias and not the actual events.  If only you knew what she knew.

I agree the APL sycophants have a hugely biased take on anything to do with Australian soccer that doesn't relate to the Super League.
The rest of the football world is trying to "defend the sport"
https://www.soccerscene.com.au/never-assume-ethnicity-is-the-problem-without-addressing-the-behaviour/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 29 Apr 2021 6:32 PM

Would they hold him high if he was from Belgrade? 

Be pretty hard to carry him... Those 6foot Serbs are all built like brick shithouses 🤣🤣
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members

Football violence is football violence no matter how you look at it.

only in australia do we complicate it pending who's involved. here we have two clubs from the NPL in a fight, and somehow the queen is involved for roman saluting in the 1930's lol. 

let's see if there is any problems in the AL derby this weekend and i'm sure if there is, it's only 1 or 2 bad eggs. lol

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Apr 2021 10:26 PM
tsf - 29 Apr 2021 6:32 PM

Be pretty hard to carry him... Those 6foot Serbs are all built like brick shithouses 🤣🤣

😂😂😂 indeed 
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

19-SU-58 - 30 Apr 2021 10:22 AM

Football violence is football violence no matter how you look at it.

only in australia do we complicate it pending who's involved. here we have two clubs from the NPL in a fight, and somehow the queen is involved for roman saluting in the 1930's lol. 

let's see if there is any problems in the AL derby this weekend and i'm sure if there is, it's only 1 or 2 bad eggs. lol

Agree with this. It doesn't matter who is involved or where they come from. Violence can't be accepted. 

What's your stance on Nazi salutes and nationalistic views being chanted at a local ground in Australia? Agree, disagree? 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I wasn't talking about him.  I'm talking about me and blokes like me. Mouth all the same inanities such as 'inclusion' and 'diversity' and 'community' all you like.  I'm just saying, and I get I'm not everyone, I'm not interested in going to a club where the vast majority of supporters are Croatians or Greeks or Macedonians or Calathumpians.

Even the NSL recognised it years ago that they needed to throw off the ethnic 'badges' to broaden their appeal. But yeah, keep on blaming Lowy , the Crawford report and the FFA.  

And by the way regards that photo.  If you didn't know that was Arnold you'd think that was taken in Croatia not Australia so I fail to see how shooting yourself in the foot proves any sort of point at all.

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 30 Apr 2021 11:16 AM

I wasn't talking about him.  I'm talking about me and blokes like me. Mouth all the same inanities such as 'inclusion' and 'diversity' and 'community' all you like.  I'm just saying, and I get I'm not everyone, I'm not interested in going to a club where the vast majority of supporters are Croatians or Greeks or Macedonians or Calathumpians.

Even the NSL recognised it years ago that they needed to throw off the ethnic 'badges' to broaden their appeal. But yeah, keep on blaming Lowy , the Crawford report and the FFA.  

And by the way regards that photo.  If you didn't know that was Arnold you'd think that was taken in Croatia not Australia so I fail to see how shooting yourself in the foot proves any sort of point at all.

These ethnic "badges" that so offend you where "thrown" off well before Lowy and even the Crawford report, but if words like inclusion and community are inanities to you well OK then, nothing much I can say to dissuade you. There are 11 franchises in Australia you can throw your support behind without worrying about being around too many of one type of Australian... its your choice thats my point, as it is our choice to congregate in whatever number we want and celebrate this wonderful multicultural country we call home.
You see a flag that offends you in the photo, I see a child of a migrant Maltese family being carried on the shoulders of a crowd of Croatian Australians.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search