Paul Lederer's Classic Claims

Paul Lederer's Classic Claims

Author
Buggalugs the Third
Super Fan
Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
This bloke has needed his own thread for a while

Let's kickoff today around his recruitment policy for the Newcastle Jets

Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Super Fan
Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)

December 12th 2020

Touching on the drawn-out saga of the Jets’ future post-Martin Lee, Lederer said: “It’s an ongoing negotiation, to be honest.

“I think we’ll see a resolution in the next few days. It has to get resolved soon because the season starts this month.“

There are a couple of interested parties.”

Edited
5 days ago @ 9:09 AM by Buggalugs the Third
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Isnt Lederer involved with Wanderers?..... How is he signing players for Newcastle??. Is it because he owns them as well? Is that why they aren't allowed to beat other teams in the league, is it a "development cap" or something.... Aleague is sooooo confusing sometimes.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 4 May 2021 11:13 PM
Isnt Lederer involved with Wanderers?..... How is he signing players for Newcastle??. Is it because he owns them as well? Is that why they aren't allowed to beat other teams in the league, is it a "development cap" or something.... Aleague is sooooo confusing sometimes.

Agreed. Hard to understand by those that follow amateur leagues.

In a resort somewhere

Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Super Fan

I think he owns the Wanderers or something.

But at least Wanderers aren't benefitting by signing anyone cheap from Newcastle

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

paulc - 5 May 2021 8:14 AM

Agreed. Hard to understand by those that follow amateur leagues.

Ah, that must be the reason I don't get it then... thanks.
Is the goal in the Aleague for one person/group to own all the franchises eventually and then take turns allocating which region's fans celebrate a title each season?
True football. I hope you get to live your dreams.
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

As I understand it, the APL group nominally hold the shares for Newcastle as Lee has been delicenced. I am presuming that Lederer is speaking as a spokesperson for the APL group.
Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Super Fan

Footballking55 - 5 May 2021 10:15 AM
As I understand it, the APL group nominally hold the shares for Newcastle as Lee has been delicenced. I am presuming that Lederer is speaking as a spokesperson for the APL group.

https://www.the-afc.com/documents/afc-club-licensing-regulations-2021-edition

Edited
5 days ago @ 11:46 AM by Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Super Fan

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Jarrod O'Doherty has gone to Newy in return.
Why no news on a new owner? Newy is a haven for juniors..maybe it's not prudent for businesses to invest there, so far removed from major Cities.
The Knights have always struggled.
Edited
3 days ago @ 10:29 AM by soccerfoo
Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Super Fan

Dec 4th 2020

Referring to Fong’s mooted move to take charge of Brisbane, Lederer said: “I believe that could well happen.

“Chris Fong is a good business guy and very capable.“

He loves football and has a lot going for him.

He’s financially secure and I think he’d do a very good job.”

Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Buggalugs the Third - 4 May 2021 5:41 PM
December 12th 2020

Touching on the drawn-out saga of the Jets’ future post-Martin Lee, Lederer said: “It’s an ongoing negotiation, to be honest.

“I think we’ll see a resolution in the next few days. It has to get resolved soon because the season starts this month.“

There are a couple of interested parties.”

Agreed, shit talk allround. If no-one ever aquires the services of the Jets or Mariners for that matter, kids will always play football in those areas regardless.
Northern Sydney and another S/E Qld team would ensure that those kids don't have to relocate too far to play in the A League in future.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search