Dear Mono.

Dear Mono.

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
https://neoskosmos.com/en/198218/oakleigh-cannons-preston-lions-games-postponed-for-safety-reasons/

Sources of Neos Kosmos state that the postponement was deemed necessary so that the supporters of Preston Lions could be safely monitored, bearing in mind that there were supporters coming from Sydney to attend the Melbourne game. It was feared that supporters of the team would use the match to provoke using the Vergina Sun, a Greek symbol which North Macedonians wish to claim as their own. Others use the game to call out provocative anti-Greek slogans. It was feared that Greek fans would also react to the provocations, hence the match was postponed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQgQIMlwWw

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 days ago @ 2:33 PM by Munrubenmuz
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

In a way they were right...they did say there was going to be no incidents.
Buggalugs the Third
Buggalugs the Third
Super Fan
Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)

Good stuff

Football is life

Muz
Muz
Legend

tsf - 5 May 2021 2:37 PM
In a way they were right...they did say there was going to be no incidents.

I mean it's just so dumb.  I'd love to see a full pyramid in Australia but this sort of rubbish just gives every naysayer a free kick and an excuse to stick to the status quo.

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 5 May 2021 2:33 PM
https://neoskosmos.com/en/198218/oakleigh-cannons-preston-lions-games-postponed-for-safety-reasons/

Sources of Neos Kosmos state that the postponement was deemed necessary so that the supporters of Preston Lions could be safely monitored, bearing in mind that there were supporters coming from Sydney to attend the Melbourne game. It was feared that supporters of the team would use the match to provoke using the Vergina Sun, a Greek symbol which North Macedonians wish to claim as their own. Others use the game to call out provocative anti-Greek slogans. It was feared that Greek fans would also react to the provocations, hence the match was postponed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQgQIMlwWw

Thanks for making a special thread just for me... you are so sweet. Im not really that interested in you though.
Wow, I must really be getting under you skin bud.... chill out, call me a malaka again if it makes you feel strong. 
I actually think this is a responsible thing to do by Oakleigh and FFV (even though they are peasants and couldn't care less if they had trouble and got kicked out of the league)
What a problem to have, an NPL fixture having to postponed becuase they are expecting TOO MANY people to control .... compare that to 990 at WU? 
BTW, though you might like to see some pictures of Greek fans at a Greek club.

Muz
Muz
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 5 May 2021 3:03 PM
Munrubenmuz - 5 May 2021 2:33 PM

Thanks for making a special thread just for me... you are so sweet. Im not really that interested in you though.
Wow, I must really be getting under you skin bud.... chill out, call me a malaka again if it makes you feel strong. 
I actually think this is a responsible thing to do by Oakleigh and FFV (even though they are peasants and couldn't care less if they had trouble and got kicked out of the league)
What a problem to have, an NPL fixture having to postponed becuase they are expecting TOO MANY people to control .... compare that to 990 at WU? 
BTW, though you might like to see some pictures of Greek fans at a Greek club.

Awesome.  Asians being inculcated with centuries old hatreds against Balkan states.  

Hahaha.  What a way to spin this?  Do you work for Scomo?  'an NPL fixture having to postponed becuase they are expecting TOO MANY people to control'

No. They're postponing it because they're worried it'll kick off and be violent.  

Also I love this.

A number of Greeks, including John Kostoulias from the Pan Macedonian Association of Melbourne and Victoria, have complained over the Optus video titled “Football Belongs | Macedonian Community” which allows North Macedonian soccer fans to advocate for their national matters holding Greek symbols, such as the Vergina Sun, in violation of the Prespes Agreement signed by Greece and North Macedonia.

Member since 2008.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 5 May 2021 3:16 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 5 May 2021 3:03 PM