Ange to Tottenham Hotspur

Ange to Tottenham Hotspur

Author
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
southmelb - 23 May 2024 8:54 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 22 May 2024 4:05 PM

Ange is a Carlton die hard. Back in the day the sherrins would come out often at South training sessions.

Stop spoiling my fun :P
Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 23 May 2024 9:06 AM
were they even advertising the a league last night? 

Hill and Harper, plus Archie, Tara and other guy mentioned AL GF every chance they got during broadcast. Ads for GF were shown before game, at half time too
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Balin Trev - 23 May 2024 10:19 AM
Melbcityguy - 23 May 2024 9:06 AM

Hill and Harper, plus Archie, Tara and other guy mentioned AL GF every chance they got during broadcast. Ads for GF were shown before game, at half time too

Great. Do you know if they did anything at the ground? 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 May 2024 9:30 AM
tsf - 23 May 2024 9:11 AM

Hahahah to be fair, AFL came to him ....... its the details that matter :P lol

As a football fan it's a bit dissapointing. 

He talks about the games struggles against the other codes
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 May 2024 9:32 AM
LFC. - 23 May 2024 9:19 AM

Sure thing mate, stop banging on about NRL then and we'll see if we can get the whole of Victoria, SA, TAS, WA and NT to accommodate your wishes :).

nrl is moot to me as well so I'm not adding there might i add.
Rest are minnow states % wise amongst most things but gayfl, all in the same pot of mediocrity re that game.
By the way, sorry if I offend any gayfl followers for there is many of you, same applies to nrl/aru - eggball just isn't Football.

Love Football

Edited
Last Month by LFC.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

LFC. - 23 May 2024 11:03 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 23 May 2024 9:32 AM

nrl is moot to me as well so I'm not adding there might i add.
Rest are minnow states % wise amongst most things but gayfl, all in the same pot of mediocrity re that game.
By the way, sorry if I offend any gayfl followers for there is many of you, same applies to nrl/aru - eggball just isn't Football.

Sure mate we are all gay, no worries. 5 states and territories are minnows and two states aren't.... just because.... fair enough. I suppose you think AFL is the enemy of football in this country, NOT the 80 thousand "supporters" at the MCG l;ast night who will NEVER follow football (of any kind) in this country?
Edited
Last Month by Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 23 May 2024 10:53 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 23 May 2024 9:30 AM

As a football fan it's a bit dissapointing. 

He talks about the games struggles against the other codes

Yeah but he pumped 80k worth of ticket sales into his boss's bank account and got to visit friends and family for free .. off to some Asian "football community" next to spread the gospel ... and maybe sell a shirt or two.... 

I didnt watch (I actually forgot cos I was watching Australia cup matches) but at least the match must have been exciting for the fans, it went to penalties I hear... how exciting.... lol
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Melbcityguy - 23 May 2024 10:45 AM
Balin Trev - 23 May 2024 10:19 AM

Great. Do you know if they did anything at the ground? 

They had South Melbourne Hellas highlights on the MCG scoreboard.... thats a "thing" right? :P

https://x.com/smfcmike/status/1793215840860754118?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 May 2024 1:13 PM
Melbcityguy - 23 May 2024 10:45 AM

They had South Melbourne Hellas highlights on the MCG scoreboard.... thats a "thing" right? :P

https://x.com/smfcmike/status/1793215840860754118?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Sounds like they just showcased it as an "Ange Celebration Friendly"

Maybe next year, they can play against a local second division club to make it more relevant to the celebration..
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Omg the legend himself at the mcg south Melbourne Mike! 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 23 May 2024 1:06 PM
LFC. - 23 May 2024 11:03 AM

Sure mate we are all gay, no worries. 5 states and territories are minnows and two states aren't.... just because.... fair enough. I suppose you think AFL is the enemy of football in this country, NOT the 80 thousand "supporters" at the MCG l;ast night who will NEVER follow football (of any kind) in this country?

hehe well facts are east cost is the majority of everything in OZ them's the facts MSC as you very well know.
The rest is parts of the bigger puzzle.

Yes that game is more the cancer than the 80k for 1 night, least they attended a football game, many were kids/fams who a good % you could assume are grass roots players and likely follow a EU Club, whatever the mix there sure would be a qty of neutral type football supporters and a % of their hardly interested friends out for a big night out at the g seeing known name Clubs whereas they wouldn't give a toss or know AL NPL clubs.
I noticed many Asian/Koreans young lady's for Spurs - we obviously know why they were there, and so what, when they have kids hopefully Son's influence influences them getting their kids into football NOT gayfl.
Nothing wrong with this, long may it continue.

They played in 3rd gear and still looked better than what I see in our top flight.

Love Football

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

southmelb - 23 May 2024 8:54 AM

and there in lies the other prob with melbourne, you guys need to finally put a line through the sand, long ago I understand, you had to blend in with the afl mates and peer pressure but modern times we have all learnt and seen what a cancer that game is to our game.....
It doesn't get 2bob of my hard earned, never has or views on my mobile, time you guys started not providing tick sales.

MCG - bang on re football making the noise, mind you unlike some here who quote didn't know these EPL clubs were here, shows they are not on the page themselves re football and whats doing here for it is big news having 2 OS large EPL Clubs on our shores, the small mindedness of no aussie to view is more ignorance imo.
At least Ange quoted in a press interview the other day this is good for football here, the exposure, but who exploited it ??? the FA ? nope not that I could see.
He even quoted it highlighted football in regards to the AL GF coming up.
This place, meaning Oz its such a joke about football and so many peoples look at it all.

Not to turn this into an afl v football discussion, but it was never about following afl to fit in. Its more to do with the fact that a lot of the ethnics lived either in or close to the suburbs that had afl teams (then vfl).

My family for eg are largely die hard Carlton supporters, they were raised in neighbouring Brunswick, growing up it was the footy players going to the schools doing the clinics etc, it was very tribal, nobody was forced into it. Its just part of the fabric of Melbourne.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

southmelb - 23 May 2024 3:09 PM

Not to turn this into an afl v football discussion, but it was never about following afl to fit in. Its more to do with the fact that a lot of the ethnics lived either in or close to the suburbs that had afl teams (then vfl).

My family for eg are largely die hard Carlton supporters, they were raised in neighbouring Brunswick, growing up it was the footy players going to the schools doing the clinics etc, it was very tribal, nobody was forced into it. Its just part of the fabric of Melbourne.

thanks mate, well explained, why I mentioned not to offend earlier on.
Your right the fabric differences, growing up here in Syd back in the 70/80's I didn't experience that similar fabric re nrl, infact I hardly recall any diehard supporter of it amongst the family and friends but that we were you know, gay as they call it today.
Hence why i LOL when MSC mentioned bout nrl, sure its bigger here as well compared to football but my wog fam and friends never were that into it.
I can actually count on 1 hand games I've attended over 40yrs.
Been to 1 afl game up here, never again hate those swans as well haha by the way MSC, I taunt my latetr friends who are followers of any eggball as well not just you guys :)
Yes lets leave it good point mate back to football.

Love Football

Edited
Last Month by LFC.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 23 May 2024 3:25 PM
southmelb - 23 May 2024 3:09 PM

thanks mate, well explained, why I mentioned not to offend earlier on.
Your right the fabric differences, growing up here in Syd back in the 70/80's I didn't experience that similar fabric re nrl, infact I hardly recall any diehard supporter of it amongst the family and friends but that we were you know, gay as they call it today.
Hence why i LOL when MSC mentioned bout nrl, sure its bigger here as well compared to football but my wog fam and friends never were that into it.
I can actually count on 1 hand games I've attended over 40yrs.
Been to 1 afl game up here, never again hate those swans as well haha by the way MSC, I taunt my latetr friends who are followers of any eggball as well not just you guys :)
Yes lets leave it good point mate back to football.

Meh, Im not that onto it mate and couldn't care one way or another... AFL is just a way of life down here,  not sure why you feel calling it "gay" is some sort of slur though? 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 24 May 2024 9:39 AM
LFC. - 23 May 2024 3:25 PM

Meh, Im not that onto it mate and couldn't care one way or another... AFL is just a way of life down here,  not sure why you feel calling it "gay" is some sort of slur though? 

its been a long time NSW slander of that game back in the day (due to the rugby fellas me think), the coup de grace was capper wearing those tight short shorts etc.....

Love Football

Edited
Last Month by LFC.
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

LFC. - 24 May 2024 12:08 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 24 May 2024 9:39 AM

its been a long time NSW slander of that game back in the day (due to the rugby fellas me think), the coup de grace was capper wearing those tight short shorts etc.....

I have no issues you calling it GAYAFL, that's what I think too, the AFL is no friends of football, the 80K who turned up at MCG as least cares of football in some way.
I know of 1 family of 10, mother & father, plus 4 kids & their partners all dressed in their Spurs gear & went down to 2nd city of Australia & sat in that horrible football ground MCG for the match.
Out of these 10, none are A-league or NSD fans, but play a very part in the Manly Warringah FOOTBALL association, with at least 7 of them playing & 1 coaching, so to me they are football fans more than some AFL Mono sport fans. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search