WCQ Playoff: UAE vs Socceroos | 7 June 2022

WCQ Playoff: UAE vs Socceroos | 7 June 2022

Author
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Booney - 8 Jun 2022 7:07 AM
Sorry for all the Arnie haters who will have to wait until next week before they can vent their rage and spleen.

I think there is justified criticism of his approach and results. 

However I wish nothing but success. 

It’s not an easy task with the squad. But he’s made mistakes. 

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

How can these idiots at paramount not have anything up yet? 
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

tsf - 8 Jun 2022 7:19 AM
How can these idiots at paramount not have anything up yet? 

I think it may be up quicker on 10Play than Paramount, although I can’t see it up there yet.
tsf
tsf
Legend

The irony. Optus sport are first with the highlights. 
tomw
tomw
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Keeper66 - 8 Jun 2022 7:28 AM
tsf - 8 Jun 2022 7:19 AM

I think it may be up quicker on 10Play than Paramount, although I can’t see it up there yet.

It is up on paramount now.

Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)

tsf - 8 Jun 2022 7:14 AM

I think there is justified criticism of his approach and results. 

However I wish nothing but success. 

It’s not an easy task with the squad. But he’s made mistakes. 

He has made plenty of mistakes-some of his selections and subs have been awful.Maybe this time having more time with the team has steadied him and the players.Certainly they had a plan and stuck to it though it was not the prettiest to watch. That he brought Boyle into the team was his best selection for this campaign
tsf
tsf
Legend

tomw - 8 Jun 2022 7:33 AM
Keeper66 - 8 Jun 2022 7:28 AM

It is up on paramount now.

Awesome. Cheers 
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Booney - 8 Jun 2022 7:36 AM

He has made plenty of mistakes-some of his selections and subs have been awful.Maybe this time having more time with the team has steadied him and the players.Certainly they had a plan and stuck to it though it was not the prettiest to watch. That he brought Boyle into the team was his best selection for this campaign

Arnie did some pretty stupid things this campaign, perfect example playing a winger in a forwards role for 72 minutes of a Do or die playoff clash. Wes glad we got there in the end, but we were 7 minutes of extra time, if not for another thunderbolt from hrustic.
roosty
roosty
Rising Star
Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)Rising Star (815 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Sorry for all the Arnie haters who will have to wait until next week before they can vent their rage and spleen.

Why can’t we do that now?

Despite the win Arnie keeps making horrific mistakes.

- why did he play Leckie in a solitary striker role when that experiment has failed before
- where the fuck was Mcgree? Did he seriously opt for a bedwetter like Goodwin over a future EPL prospect?
- why is Atkinson in the squad? He is shyte. Is it because he plays for Hearts? Hearts are shyte. The SPL is shyte.

If we take the same squad to Peru we are going to get spanked. 

tsf
tsf
Legend

Credit where due to Irvine for that goal. Good movement. 

Bad luck helping them score though :) . 

Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Boyle starting in this game was a no-brainer, I can’t believe even Arnold would have ever considered otherwise.
Stenson
Stenson
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)Hardcore Fan (234 reputation)

Atkinson runs like he has cement in his boots, abit laboured. The UAE player got past him afew times on raw pace.
Booney
Booney
Amateur
Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)Amateur (701 reputation)

Keeper66 - 8 Jun 2022 8:10 AM

Boyle starting in this game was a no-brainer, I can’t believe even Arnold would have ever considered otherwise.

Of course he was always going to start in this game.My comment referred to the fact that he brought Boyle into the NT early on in the campaign and has basically played him there as he is the one player who can consistently get behind defenders.
Ariaga
Ariaga
Super Fan
Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)Super Fan (122 reputation)

phutbol - 8 Jun 2022 6:14 AM
Boyle has been our best player since declaring for Oz. Always makes something happen. 

Agree 100%. His play is so positive and direct - something we've been lacking big time. 
Keeper66
Keeper66
Semi-Pro

Booney - 8 Jun 2022 8:33 AM
Keeper66 - 8 Jun 2022 8:10 AM

Of course he was always going to start in this game.My comment referred to the fact that he brought Boyle into the NT early on in the campaign and has basically played him there as he is the one player who can consistently get behind defenders.

Ah, ok, sorry, I didn’t read your original comment properly, and was thinking about him not playing against Jordan.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

aek4969 - 8 Jun 2022 6:08 AM
Boyle..standout
Behich, Mooy, Ryan and Irvine all had good games.
Atkinson was so exciting a couple years ago...had a very average game today.

Agree with all above apart from Irvine.....  Only caught the second half but it sounds like I didnt miss anything ... Oh well we live to fight another day... Arnold, like the Thanksgiving turkey that gets pardoned by the POTUS every year, grins and gets ready for next week.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Hillbilly55 - 8 Jun 2022 5:55 AM
At least Leckie got out of the way of Hrustic's shot. Did he do anything else?

He did a lot of off the ball running to pull his defender out of the way of Boyls runs.... Bit of a thankless role but he wasn't terrible this morning.....

As much as I hate Arnie, I think the squad selection and tactics (if that is even the right word for Arnold's coaching style) was adequate to get the result.. Well played to him and his staff.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

was a tough win we really needed 6 months ago to wake us up. 

Have to say one of the best games I've seen from Irvine, was very involved. Took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second half. Wish he did it more.
jaymz
jaymz
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

roosty - 8 Jun 2022 8:06 AM

Why can’t we do that now?

Despite the win Arnie keeps making horrific mistakes.

- why did he play Leckie in a solitary striker role when that experiment has failed before
- where the fuck was Mcgree? Did he seriously opt for a bedwetter like Goodwin over a future EPL prospect?
- why is Atkinson in the squad? He is shyte. Is it because he plays for Hearts? Hearts are shyte. The SPL is shyte.

If we take the same squad to Peru we are going to get spanked. 

Also didnt bring Tilio on towards the end of the game. He is a very tricky winger and makes teams second guess going forward on his side. 

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

The attack was quite good at times today, but Peru is going to be another level.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Ariaga - 8 Jun 2022 9:19 AM
phutbol - 8 Jun 2022 6:14 AM

Agree 100%. His play is so positive and direct - something we've been lacking big time. 

Boyle was a breath of fresh air from his first game with us, at times he has overdone things and not as effective due to the lack of support many times but this game he was how I expected from them all, digging in and going for it.
His lead up play determined to win the ball and attack the box leading for Irvine's glance in was great play.
How often do we see a goal like that from us.
MSC the 1st half was 2 teams playing scared under the circumstances, so you got up for the 2nd good lad :) on my part Thank christ the result was worth it.

Yer Atkinson got owned more than I expected mind you that winger of theirs is quick and got the skill.
He's seeing at NT you don't have the time he had in the ALM and even the SPL barring playing against the old firm clubs.
Irvine might not be gifted per say nor a fav for many but he does work hard and when he's in the zone (not enough :)) he's effective like we saw.
Kudos to Hrustic, the technic deserved hitting the net good stuff.

Love Football

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Hillbilly55 - 8 Jun 2022 5:55 AM
At least Leckie got out of the way of Hrustic's shot. Did he do anything else?

Strange again from Arnold putting a winger as striker. But he did work hard and regained possession from Uae which led to Irvine goal at least
Booney
Booney
Amateur

jaymz - 8 Jun 2022 10:44 AM
roosty - 8 Jun 2022 8:06 AM

Also didnt bring Tilio on towards the end of the game. He is a very tricky winger and makes teams second guess going forward on his side. 

Keeping him as a surprise package for the Peruvians maybe?
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

i thought it was a predictable performance. Typical Arnie-ball. The one main difference is that we pushed harder as the game opened up and didn’t concede late like we have all campaign.

And honestly, I think this slow ball movement going forward might be effective against Peru. But we need extra defensive cover. I would remove Irvine and play someone like Dougal.  

Balin Trev
Balin Trev
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Fox Player ratings
Booney
Booney
Amateur

Monoethnic Social Club - 8 Jun 2022 9:54 AM
aek4969 - 8 Jun 2022 6:08 AM

Agree with all above apart from Irvine.....  Only caught the second half but it sounds like I didnt miss anything ... Oh well we live to fight another day... Arnold, like the Thanksgiving turkey that gets pardoned by the POTUS every year, grins and gets ready for next week.

Couldn't help yourself could you? I have been following the Socceroos since 1965 when they played N Korea in a vain attempt to qualify for the 1966 WC and love watching them if when they play shit( which has been a lot lately) so I know how they draw you in.
tsf
tsf
Legend

Degenerado for Atkinson, mcgree  for leckie maybe. Only real changes you’d consider? I’d like to see dagostino for macharen but no surprises there. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

whats funny is the paramount fuckers took my sub money but no socceroos replay lol
Booney
Booney
Amateur

If Sains is fit will Wright or Rowles make way? I think Rowles should stay as he performed well this morning-appeared confident apart from one dodgy pass back to Ryan.

Not sure whether Atkinson can keep his place but is Karacic any improvement?
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

tsf - 8 Jun 2022 12:44 PM
Degenerado for Atkinson, mcgree  for leckie maybe. Only real changes you’d consider? I’d like to see dagostino for macharen but no surprises there. 

Agree on Degenak for Atkinson but I think Leckie's pace would be a better show against Peru than McGree, maybe a half each? Also agree with FTB above regarding Dougal.... not a fan of Irvine ,even after his okish performance this morning....  Might I add, Boyle has grown into this campaign and am impressed/surprised with him....

I have a glimmer of hope again :)
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search