Australia Cup 2022 Thread

Australia Cup 2022 Thread

Author
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Quarter Finals - DETAILS TBC (dates 28th August to 31st August)

Oakleigh Cannons vs Sydney FC 
Peninsula Power vs Sydney United
Adelaide United vs Brisbane Roar
Macarthur Bulls vs Wellington Phoenix

Peninsula power away for us is not the best or worst result for us, hopefully we can push through with a Win, which would guarentee a home Semi-Final.

Not a Phase, Not a Trend, SYDNEY UNITED till the END! 

Decentric 2
Decentric 2
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Impressive that three NPL teams have made the last 8. Terrific for the comp!

It helps they are playing late season, as opposed to AL clubs being in the middle of heavy preseason training. Players at AL clubs would have heavy legs ATM.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

19-SU-58 - 18 Aug 2022 7:34 AM

Peninsula power away for us is not the best or worst result for us, hopefully we can push through with a Win, which would guarentee a home Semi-Final.

Didn't Arnie pluck out the draw I recall was quoted whilst I was watching the Adelaide game.
SU and SFC got the better of it.
Well done lol......

Love Football

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

That would be huge!
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

LFC. - 18 Aug 2022 8:52 AM

Didn't Arnie pluck out the draw I recall was quoted whilst I was watching the Adelaide game.
SU and SFC got the better of it.
Well done lol......

I think we got the easiest game of the round :hehe::hehe::hehe::Whistling:
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Davide82 - 18 Aug 2022 9:51 AM
LFC. - 18 Aug 2022 8:52 AM

I think we got the easiest game of the round :hehe::hehe::hehe::Whistling:

I am not prepared to dispute that at this stage.

And you got a home game out of it too dammit.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Roar in me Blood - 18 Aug 2022 9:55 AM
Davide82 - 18 Aug 2022 9:51 AM

I am not prepared to dispute that at this stage.

And you got a home game out of it too dammit.

Ha ha that comment was for an audience of one
GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Did the "Adelaide Derby" deliver and is it time for it to become a fixture in the A-league?

GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Sydney Fc v Sydney Utd would be a good final
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

GDeathe - 18 Aug 2022 1:04 PM
Sydney Fc v Sydney Utd would be a good final

that would be epic but we'd just be happy to get through Peninsula Power and hope for a good Semi Final Draw at home, Sydney FC or Adelaide would be nice. 

What's the furthest an NPL club has reached in the AUS Cup? was it Bentleigh Greens in the Semi's?

GDeathe
GDeathe
Pro

19-SU-58 - 18 Aug 2022 1:16 PM
GDeathe - 18 Aug 2022 1:04 PM

that would be epic but we'd just be happy to get through Peninsula Power and hope for a good Semi Final Draw at home, Sydney FC or Adelaide would be nice. 

What's the furthest an NPL club has reached in the AUS Cup? was it Bentleigh Greens in the Semi's?
I think it's a npl club every year in cup like
South Melbourne
Brisbane Strikers 
Blacktown City
Bentleigh Greens
Canberra Olympic
Edited
2 Years Ago by GDeathe
Hillbilly55
Hillbilly55
Amateur
Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)Amateur (536 reputation)

Brenton1986 - 16 Aug 2022 9:15 PM
No description available.

No description available.

I guess that is no longer a problem!  :) :) :)
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Question for our Queensland friends, what a Peninsula Power like?   
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

ErogenousZone - 18 Aug 2022 7:52 PM
Question for our Queensland friends, what a Peninsula Power like?   

They are a serious team doing pretty well (4th in the NPL Qld table at the moment with a game in hand and 3 points behind 3rd), but I do not think they are a match for a decent aleagues team.

They tend to play quite a physical game and I would have expected Roar to beat them playing as we are - physically tough game but do-able.

They play especially hard against us in pre-season/cup matches so as unpredictable as any NPL side with something to prove on a bigger stage.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

I’m going for roar. An Australia cup final at suncorp would be great for the club 

Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Melbcityguy - 18 Aug 2022 10:12 PM
I’m going for roar. An Australia cup final at suncorp would be great for the club 

We have to get past Adelaide United at home.

We have not had good results against them lately, and while it is not to the calibre of Victory historically owning the Reds, it is still a real challenge for us to progress. Needless to say, I also am going for Roar.

As Charlie Austin said, "it is a shame for the tv coverage that it is not in Brisbane - with Adelaide being such a poorly supported club the cameras will have to do some magic to make their five supporters look like a crowd. Even a grubby club like Avondale was able to rouse that many followers, although admittedly they were all parents and family of players and the odd girlfriend." :(

[Footnote: For legal reasons do I have to state that Charlie Austin did not actually say anything like that?]

Edited
2 Years Ago by Roar in me Blood
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Roar in me Blood - 19 Aug 2022 9:15 AM

We have not had good results against them lately, and while it is not to the calibre of Victory historically owning the Reds, it is still a real challenge for us to progress. Needless to say, I also am going for Roar.

As Charlie Austin said, "it is a shame for the tv coverage that it is not in Brisbane - with Adelaide being such a poorly supported club the cameras will have to do some magic to make their five supporters look like a crowd. Even a grubby club like Avondale was able to rouse that many followers, although admittedly they were all parents and family of players and the odd girlfriend." :(

[Footnote: For legal reasons do I have to state that Charlie Austin did not actually say anything like that?]

Ha ha bastard

It did make me look it up though and far out your average attendance last season was genuinely poor.

I mean ours was bad but we have had bad seasons even in the league's hey days under Rini Coolen etc
Man, looking back Rini was as bad as covid for our attendance :hehe::hehe:
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Im honoured you put my words in Charlie Austins mouth.... FORZA ROAR!!!!!!!!!! :)
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro

Davide82 - 19 Aug 2022 10:10 AM

Ha ha bastard

It did make me look it up though and far out your average attendance last season was genuinely poor.

I mean ours was bad but we have had bad seasons even in the league's hey days under Rini Coolen etc
Man, looking back Rini was as bad as covid for our attendance :hehe::hehe:

The move to Redcliffe has been our Coolen I think. Just too far for so many of our supporters to be practically managed; especially when there were so many work night games

In all seriousness I do see our style of football and results to have made that choice easier though. If we had been playing great football and getting wins the impracticalities of travel could have been overcome by at least five or six of our supporters.

I know you are with me in hoping we have turned the corner with our recruiting and will continue to progress in the Cup before becoming, once again, a dominant force in the league.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Roar in me Blood - 19 Aug 2022 10:53 AM
Davide82 - 19 Aug 2022 10:10 AM

I know you are with me in hoping we have turned the corner with our recruiting and will continue to progress in the Cup before becoming, once again, a dominant force in the league.

Oh yeah for sure (besides progressing in the cup aha).
Jokes aside, even in an open spending league one day it should always be Adelaide or Brisbane fighting for top spot against the bigger spenders every few years 
Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

Australia Cup quarter final dates,

Sunday August 28th:
3.00pm Peninsula Power v Sydney United at AJ Kelly Park

Wednesday August 31st:
7.30pm Oakleigh Cannons v Sydney FC at Jack Edwards Reserve
7.30pm Adelaide United v Brisbane Roar at Service FM Stadium
7.30pm Macarthur FC v Wellington Phoenix at Campbelltown Stadium
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)World Class (9.9K reputation)

Peninsula power vs Sydney United is on today 
AyyLeague
AyyLeague
Hacker
Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)Hacker (428 reputation)

That was a sloppy and physical contest. It probably was to be expected given a matchup between one team playing many catchup games to wrap up their season against a team in their off season.
SU playing it safe with their sub rotations and being ultra-defensive, while Peninsula making the attacking runs. They were unlucky not to equalise especially with that one-on-one with the keeper.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

AyyLeague - 28 Aug 2022 5:30 PM
That was a sloppy and physical contest. It probably was to be expected given a matchup between one team playing many catchup games to wrap up their season against a team in their off season.
SU playing it safe with their sub rotations and being ultra-defensive, while Peninsula making the attacking runs. They were unlucky not to equalise especially with that one-on-one with the keeper.

SU's season finished not long ago mind you so they're still match fit but carrying injuries.
Plus the travel north and playing defensive was always gonna be.
Scoring early makes for a slog of a game for a away team and got the result, mind you having a keeper in good form instils lots of confidence on getting the job done.
Kudos SU making the Semis thats what should be applauded rippa effort considering their season has been pretty oridinary by their standards.
So bring on whichever AL Club up next, hope SU gives them a game they won't forget.

Love Football

Squidley
Squidley
Super Fan
Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)Super Fan (146 reputation)

Massive for SU. Unless the Cannons can pull off a miraculous win on Wendesday night then they will host a Semi. Should get a huge crowd if thats the case. 

Other than Sydney Fc or Adelaide, SU could pull off the mother of all upsets against the other 3 teams and make the final for mine. 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Can't see Oakleigh pulling an upset, their form into end of NPL was a bit crappy and have to negotiate both NPL finals and this game on Wednesday, interesting to see how they manage the squad for a busy few weeks after a looooong season for them..... 
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

LFC. - 29 Aug 2022 11:16 AM
AyyLeague - 28 Aug 2022 5:30 PM

SU's season finished not long ago mind you so they're still match fit but carrying injuries.
Plus the travel north and playing defensive was always gonna be.
Scoring early makes for a slog of a game for a away team and got the result, mind you having a keeper in good form instils lots of confidence on getting the job done.
Kudos SU making the Semis thats what should be applauded rippa effort considering their season has been pretty oridinary by their standards.
So bring on whichever AL Club up next, hope SU gives them a game they won't forget.

Still recovering, what a trip that was!
No Antelmi, No Trifiro, half fit Chris Payne, we knew we were in for a battle. 
Luckily we got the early goal, and we were defensively really good. happy with the win, and progress to the next round. 
if we performed like we have been in the cup, we would of finished a lot higher on the table this season. 

19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Aug 2022 4:57 PM
Can't see Oakleigh pulling an upset, their form into end of NPL was a bit crappy and have to negotiate both NPL finals and this game on Wednesday, interesting to see how they manage the squad for a busy few weeks after a looooong season for them..... 

i do hope Oakleigh get the win... i'd like to see at least 1 NPL club in the final, pending the outcome of the draw.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

19-SU-58 - 30 Aug 2022 9:48 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 29 Aug 2022 4:57 PM

i do hope Oakleigh get the win... i'd like to see at least 1 NPL club in the final, pending the outcome of the draw.

Bite your tongue dude.... Yes you will get an easier path to the final but they'll bring 14 "fans" to King Tom..... At least against SFC you'll have a "full house" sign out the front... :)
19-SU-58
19-SU-58
Pro

Monoethnic Social Club - 30 Aug 2022 10:09 AM
19-SU-58 - 30 Aug 2022 9:48 AM

Bite your tongue dude.... Yes you will get an easier path to the final but they'll bring 14 "fans" to King Tom..... At least against SFC you'll have a "full house" sign out the front... :)

i was generally speaking. 
Sydney FC at home would be the ideal game for our club. 
Wellington, Adelaide & Brisbane wont travel, Macarthur has no fans.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search