NST Phase 3 - Assessment and recommendation

NST Phase 3 - Assessment and recommendation

Author
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
LFC. - 12 Jul 2024 9:21 PM
Last I checked most NPL clubs are on synthetic but the palace.
NST Clubs in the ring to date synthetic.
Most Prem1 Club games synthetic.
Sadly local AA down the system mostly grass and one of the worst season in memory the amount of rain, even with good drainage the amount of rain drainage can’t cope.
Mind you many more local clubs are working on getting synthetic rallying local council, sponsers and fund raising.

Synthetic pitches should be outlawed at the senior level.
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)

Volkz - 14 Jul 2024 4:21 AM
Anyone know what the emergency midweek NSW meeting was about? 

Everyone seems to be talking in riddles ffs. 

Who said it was an emergency? My guess is it's just a final pre-launch meeting. Exactly 4 weeks to go until the Olympics is over. Next time they meet should be in person for the launch.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

HappyGuus - 15 Jul 2024 12:22 AM
Volkz - 14 Jul 2024 4:21 AM

Who said it was an emergency? My guess is it's just a final pre-launch meeting. Exactly 4 weeks to go until the Olympics is over. Next time they meet should be in person for the launch.

Both a little bit right. Wednesdays meeting up in Sydney was scheduled but also a bit of crisis talk between clubs and the FA NSD implementation team.

of the 8 "foundation" clubs one is now actively pushing to postpone the comp for another 12 months so they can raise funds to run the team ... They where expecting sponsorship and a share drive to help them out but (according to other clubs) they haven't done a bloody thing and now want to delay... The other 7 clubs ARE NOT HAPPY with a couple threatening legal action as sponsors and financials have been arranged based on legal agreements with FA. Could get messy if it DOESN'T go ahead. 

FA is gung ho to progress and have approved 6 more clubs from the second round of applications and the meeting was partially around reducing the original 1/2 mill financial security to a more achievable level for the smaller clubs... There is still alot of work to be done and compromises to be made. If I was a gambling man I would say its 60/40 this thing is launched in 2025.... 

Still, the glass half full take is that 14 clubs are at some stage of "readiness" ... something should kick off in March next year, what it looks like is anyone's guess?
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Interesting MSC, so this is recent hot off the goss your getting I presume.

Love Football

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 14 Jul 2024 10:43 PM

hey I agree can't stand them though I did enjoy playing on one the week before last after 5 wash out games at Club level......

I suppose the big NPL Clubs/and local Clubs looked at it going syn is good for the ROI and play rain hail shine compared to sub standard built old grounds lacking decent drainage works.......
Most grounds as you know we're built in the dark ages, some over ol tips you name it.
Never worried about a sand based underlay, ag lines etcetc, thats the catch22, investment needed to work on groundworks to manage water and dealing with damn local councils that today is a red tape nightmare.
Sure Top Flight football should on grass full stop, local land syn works.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

LFC. - 15 Jul 2024 12:40 PM
Interesting MSC, so this is recent hot off the goss your getting I presume.

Yeah mate, pretty convincing source on this one....  :)
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 14 Jul 2024 10:43 PM

Why? We have 2 here and they're terrific. The tech has come a long way.

Member since 2008.

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

I dont understand the hold up, the 1 that suddenly cant meet the criteria drops out, the other applicants come in? The idea of another years postponement because of 1 club is laughable.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

southmelb - 15 Jul 2024 1:56 PM
I dont understand the hold up, the 1 that suddenly cant meet the criteria drops out, the other applicants come in? The idea of another years postponement because of 1 club is laughable.

I agree... For a club, so late in the game to now say ... we dont seem to have the funds to finance the squad to the level we signed off on last year is a joke... 
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)Hardcore Fan (225 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jul 2024 10:16 AM
HappyGuus - 15 Jul 2024 12:22 AM

Both a little bit right. Wednesdays meeting up in Sydney was scheduled but also a bit of crisis talk between clubs and the FA NSD implementation team.

of the 8 "foundation" clubs one is now actively pushing to postpone the comp for another 12 months so they can raise funds to run the team ... They where expecting sponsorship and a share drive to help them out but (according to other clubs) they haven't done a bloody thing and now want to delay... The other 7 clubs ARE NOT HAPPY with a couple threatening legal action as sponsors and financials have been arranged based on legal agreements with FA. Could get messy if it DOESN'T go ahead. 

FA is gung ho to progress and have approved 6 more clubs from the second round of applications and the meeting was partially around reducing the original 1/2 mill financial security to a more achievable level for the smaller clubs... There is still alot of work to be done and compromises to be made. If I was a gambling man I would say its 60/40 this thing is launched in 2025.... 

Still, the glass half full take is that 14 clubs are at some stage of "readiness" ... something should kick off in March next year, what it looks like is anyone's guess?

Maybe I don't understand all the business dealings, but this sounds very positive to me, another six clubs approved! Surely the one club (AL?) that can't get up for next year (having failed the criteria financially) is dropped in favour of clubs that can? Have a 12 team comp with one or two on "standby" or first priority for the following season.

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jul 2024 2:09 PM
southmelb - 15 Jul 2024 1:56 PM

I agree... For a club, so late in the game to now say ... we dont seem to have the funds to finance the squad to the level we signed off on last year is a joke... 

ah so one of the late entry's, I had thoughts it was one close to my veins the way you worded it..

With Guus here, 6 more Clubs approved ? wow

Love Football

Edited
2 Months Ago by LFC.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 15 Jul 2024 2:15 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jul 2024 2:09 PM

ah so one of the late entry's, I had thoughts it was one close to my veins the way you worded it..

With Guus here, 6 more Clubs approved ? wow

Its IS mate...... Sadly very close to your veins :( ...

Go throw them a few spare bucks my friends they are crying poor :(
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

HappyGuus - 15 Jul 2024 2:11 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jul 2024 10:16 AM

Maybe I don't understand all the business dealings, but this sounds very positive to me, another six clubs approved! Surely the one club (AL?) that can't get up for next year (having failed the criteria financially) is dropped in favour of clubs that can? Have a 12 team comp with one or two on "standby" or first priority for the following season.

Thats what I think also... Sticking point is the 500 thousand financial "bond" The "new" clubs are trying to negotiate it down a notch, helped by one of the "inaugural" cubs saying they cant afford it.anymore either... 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

I got to agree I reckon 500k is little OTT......
250k is reasonable, am I soundling similar lol......I'm serious though.
1/2 amil is alot of start up $$$.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

LFC. - 15 Jul 2024 3:42 PM
I got to agree I reckon 500k is little OTT......
250k is reasonable, am I soundling similar lol......I'm serious though.
1/2 amil is alot of start up $$$.

I dont disagree with you matey but fact is all the OTHER clubs forked it out as it was on the table to begin with last year - Clubs that didnt agree like Knights were clear about it "too much, we wont bid this time around" and fair enough too.... But your paisano decided he would somehow make it happen and now is crying poor... C'man not good.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

So apia and one other club? Just have them join next year if 6 have been approved
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Why only 60 40 sure it goes ahead if 12 are willing and 1 to 2 are dragging their feet
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan

It's just a security or bond to show that they can actually afford to play in the league and won't desert it (like one seems to be doing already). Seems resonable to me as 13-14 clubs have the green light, we've kinda reached a perfect number. Reducing the security level is something they can do for future seasons when more clubs are up to standard and risks are less. We don't need anyone falling over and embarrassing the league in year 1. Be secure or miss out. That club shouldn't take it personally, but it's a risk to the league and all the other clubs that have done the right thing. Best foot forward from day dot.

grazorblade - 15 Jul 2024 4:08 PM
So apia and one other club? Just have them join next year if 6 have been approved

Just APIA I thought.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

grazorblade - 15 Jul 2024 4:08 PM

Apia?

Looked like about 15 people at the ground the other day for their match vs Wollongong on the youtube. 

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Months Ago by Munrubenmuz
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

HappyGuus - 15 Jul 2024 4:32 PM
It's just a security or bond to show that they can actually afford to play in the league and won't desert it (like one seems to be doing already). Seems resonable to me as 13-14 clubs have the green light, we've kinda reached a perfect number. Reducing the security level is something they can do for future seasons when more clubs are up to standard and risks are less. We don't need anyone falling over and embarrassing the league in year 1. Be secure or miss out. That club shouldn't take it personally, but it's a risk to the league and all the other clubs that have done the right thing. Best foot forward from day dot.

My feelings exactly.... Oh and just to clarify these 6 new clubs have been "in principle" approved in that they meet all other criteria as vetted by FA, its the security payment that is the sticking point..... so far. 

*Or so I am told...... 
Edited
2 Months Ago by Monoethnic Social Club
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan

Monoethnic Social Club - 15 Jul 2024 4:47 PM
HappyGuus - 15 Jul 2024 4:32 PM

My feelings exactly.... Oh and just to clarify these 6 new clubs have been "in principle" approved in that they meet all other criteria as vetted by FA, its the security payment that is the sticking point..... so far. 

*Or so I am told...... 

Ah... now they're in a tricky position haha. Looks like a case of how much risk they (as a league) are willing to accept. If they do lower it for the newer clubs, they might have to give the original clubs with the correct security preferential treatment in some areas, fixturing and the like. We don't really want rules for some and rules for others though. Maybe they hold fast and don't accept lower security. Huge month coming up!

Totti10
Totti10
Super Fan
Super Fan (108 reputation)Super Fan (108 reputation)Super Fan (108 reputation)Super Fan (108 reputation)Super Fan (108 reputation)Super Fan (108 reputation)Super Fan (108 reputation)Super Fan (108 reputation)Super Fan (108 reputation)Super Fan (108 reputation)Super Fan (108 reputation)

So disappointed in Apia and the way things have been going. Honestly embarrassing 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

So how many clubs have forked out the 500k?
Muz
Muz
Legend

https://thecleansheet.net/confirmed-nst-delayed/

No confirmed sources though.

Member since 2008.

Edited
2 Months Ago by Munrubenmuz
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

That would really suck if true
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan

Munrubenmuz - 15 Jul 2024 5:47 PM

Broadcaster and all the sponsors lined up, down the toilet? Kick in the nuts.

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

HappyGuus - 15 Jul 2024 6:04 PM
Munrubenmuz - 15 Jul 2024 5:47 PM

Broadcaster and all the sponsors lined up, down the toilet? Kick in the nuts.

That would be brutal really hope its not true

We are getting old whats the delay. 
HappyGuus
HappyGuus
Hardcore Fan

grazorblade - 15 Jul 2024 6:17 PM
HappyGuus - 15 Jul 2024 6:04 PM

That would be brutal really hope its not true

We are getting old whats the delay. 

Yeah I said to myself, "Another f!@#ing year! I'll be dead before this starts" hahaha.

But I'm still holding for a launch. From all the rumours I've come across, delaying the start seems rather drastic for where we're at. It's basically one hurdle remaining and they want to quit? Doesn't sound right. JJ is championing this and I reckon he'd rather start with 8 clubs than none at all. Just my 2c.

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

HappyGuus - 15 Jul 2024 6:36 PM
grazorblade - 15 Jul 2024 6:17 PM

Yeah I said to myself, "Another f!@#ing year! I'll be dead before this starts" hahaha.

But I'm still holding for a launch. From all the rumours I've come across, delaying the start seems rather drastic for where we're at. It's basically one hurdle remaining and they want to quit? Doesn't sound right. JJ is championing this and I reckon he'd rather start with 8 clubs than none at all. Just my 2c.

Yeah 8 team home and away is better than a delay
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

2025 or bust as far as im concerned. If its postponed nobody is going to believe it will go ahead in 2026 or whenever. Either make this work right now or scrap the entire thing.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search