NST Phase 3 - Assessment and recommendation

NST Phase 3 - Assessment and recommendation

Author
thekingmb
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Like I said last week, it will be put on the back burner, or even scrapped altogether.

A shame for the few teams that are ready to go, but best do it properly rather than half arsed, even if it means waiting another 3/5 years. 

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

thekingmb - 15 Jul 2024 7:01 PM
Like I said last week, it will be put on the back burner, or even scrapped altogether.

A shame for the few teams that are ready to go, but best do it properly rather than half arsed, even if it means waiting another 3/5 years. 

Why better to delay than launch with fewer members?

Didnt the a league have a semi launch before 2005?

Id watch every game if there was an 8 team home and away season. If you start it you build momentum for a bigger comp. If you delay it you risk someone else getting cold feet and keep kicking the can down the road. Heck start with 6 teams for all i care lol
Footyball
Footyball
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

I wonder if South Melbourne and perhaps Marconi Stallions are able to join the A Leagues. The NST is a wank job.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Just saw clean sheets twitter account is a pro apia account

Last time we heard nst was delayed was from the knights after they withdrew and spat the dummy. Guessing apia have withdrawn then. They took down their social media post but the article is still up so i suspect the rumour is poorly sourced. Would love someone in the know to jump in
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

soccerfoo - 15 Jul 2024 8:07 PM
I wonder if South Melbourne and perhaps Marconi Stallions are able to join the A Leagues. The NST is a wank job.

Preston would surely be the most a league viable?
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

SUTHERLANDBEAR - 14 Jul 2024 10:43 PM
LFC. - 12 Jul 2024 9:21 PM

Synthetic pitches should be outlawed at the senior level.

100%.

It's embarrassing.

Capac
Capac
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

grazorblade - 15 Jul 2024 8:09 PM
Just saw clean sheets twitter account is a pro apia account

There it is! I did think there had to be some agenda behind the article cause it didn't make any sense. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Totti10 - 15 Jul 2024 5:36 PM
So disappointed in Apia and the way things have been going. Honestly embarrassing 

Yes unbelievable have to say after all the hoo ha and share drive etcetc…..
WTF and we were led to believe all was in order moving ahead.
i won’t name names but im damn disappointed.

Love Football

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

LFC. - 15 Jul 2024 8:40 PM

Yes unbelievable have to say after all the hoo ha and share drive etcetc…..
WTF and we were led to believe all was in order moving ahead.
i won’t name names but im damn disappointed.

So official apia withdrawn?
Auckland and Nix
Auckland and Nix
Under 7s
Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)

My understanding is that 6 clubs were in negotiation with Football Australia to join the NSD those being Brisbane Strikers, Caroline Springs, Gold Coast United, Heidelberg United, Rockdale Iliden and Team Tasmania (South Hobart) based on what I have read here today that the FA have selected 6 clubs to join the NSD will those 6 clubs I have mentioned be the clubs joining?
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

Auckland and Nix - 15 Jul 2024 9:13 PM
My understanding is that 6 clubs were in negotiation with Football Australia to join the NSD those being Brisbane Strikers, Caroline Springs, Gold Coast United, Heidelberg United, Rockdale Iliden and Team Tasmania (South Hobart) based on what I have read here today that the FA have selected 6 clubs to join the NSD will those 6 clubs I have mentioned be the clubs joining?

Thats what mono said, if apia are withdrawn that means an odd number of clubs

Screw it i say and proceed with 13 haha
Auckland and Nix
Auckland and Nix
Under 7s
Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)Under 7s (9 reputation)

grazorblade - 15 Jul 2024 9:15 PM

Be interesting to see where Gold Coast play games as their current ground Coplicks Family Sports Park is not allowed to host NPL Finals while the only other NPL ground on the Coast the Croatian Sports Centre has basically no seating
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Capac - 15 Jul 2024 8:31 PM
grazorblade - 15 Jul 2024 8:09 PM

There it is! I did think there had to be some agenda behind the article cause it didn't make any sense. 

Yep, everything has been retracted and taken down. Nothing has been taken down on the FA website. What an absolute joke of an account if TCS can't produce evidence.

bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)World Class (8.7K reputation)

If there are 6 new clubs then it's a near doubling of everything so the extra preparation time would be a given.

If Australian pensioners insurance agency Leichhardt is this erratic about their finances then they can sit it out for a few years on top of that.
Edited
2 Months Ago by bohemia
Volkz
Volkz
Hacker
Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)Hacker (471 reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 15 Jul 2024 4:41 PM
grazorblade - 15 Jul 2024 4:08 PM

Apia?

Looked like about 15 people at the ground the other day for their match vs Wollongong on the youtube. 

It's definitely not APIA's balance paying for it however that is fine and most clubs around the world operate with a 'light' sugar consortium around them or at least the local council/government. 

However, just like some A-league clubs, not sure what happens after the sugar runs out for them considering they legitmately might of had 10-15 actual ticket paying supporters, rest were APIA juniors, families of players etc. 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

So disappointed in Apia and the way things have been going. Honestly embarrassing 

Get in Raciti's ear mate.... Get some members together and call an emergency general meeting (check your constitution for procedure first).

He HAS to tell you guys what's going on.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

southmelb - 15 Jul 2024 6:45 PM
2025 or bust as far as im concerned. If its postponed nobody is going to believe it will go ahead in 2026 or whenever. Either make this work right now or scrap the entire thing.

I second that...... If it doesnt kick off (even with 8 clubs) next year... they can cram it up their arses. We are not donkeys to be lead around by the nose with the promise of a greater future one day.... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

soccerfoo - 15 Jul 2024 8:07 PM

Dont laugh too hard mate, this was actually proposed by the APL of all people  I hear......  and very very recently too.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Sorry but I NEVER mentioned which 6  clubs..... I dont actually know who they are...  A couple on your list line up with what5 Im hearing but at the end of the day these NDAs are being held pretty tightly by the club presidents.... Even APIA had to have a story "leaked" by a podcast because they wouldn't dare (legally) to reveal the story themselves... :P
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Auckland and Nix - 15 Jul 2024 9:29 PM

Be interesting to see where Gold Coast play games as their current ground Coplicks Family Sports Park is not allowed to host NPL Finals while the only other NPL ground on the Coast the Croatian Sports Centre has basically no seating

WU's ground doesnt either mate and yet ....... Dont worry about facilities and corporate boxes... that will all play out in time... At the moment the issue is getting viable CLUBS to buy into this..... 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

TheSelectFew - 15 Jul 2024 9:46 PM
Capac - 15 Jul 2024 8:31 PM

Yep, everything has been retracted and taken down. Nothing has been taken down on the FA website. What an absolute joke of an account if TCS can't produce evidence.

Is Frank Brunoskevic their "main" source? hahahahahahahaha
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Volkz - 16 Jul 2024 5:43 AM
Munrubenmuz - 15 Jul 2024 4:41 PM

It's definitely not APIA's balance paying for it however that is fine and most clubs around the world operate with a 'light' sugar consortium around them or at least the local council/government. 

However, just like some A-league clubs, not sure what happens after the sugar runs out for them considering they legitmately might of had 10-15 actual ticket paying supporters, rest were APIA juniors, families of players etc. 

Its a worry for ALL the foundation clubs though to be fair... Nobody knows if this league will draw a crowd, the trick is to NOT overcapitalise and reach a balance point where even modest crowds can keep the club afloat... Some will achieve this, some wont, there are LOTS of massive egos in our game.... If APIA was able to better leverage on the goodwill of its past/present success they could draw better crowds.... maybe they just need some fresh blood in the boardroom?
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 16 Jul 2024 10:10 AM
Volkz - 16 Jul 2024 5:43 AM

Its a worry for ALL the foundation clubs though to be fair... Nobody knows if this league will draw a crowd, the trick is to NOT overcapitalise and reach a balance point where even modest crowds can keep the club afloat... Some will achieve this, some wont, there are LOTS of massive egos in our game.... If APIA was able to better leverage on the goodwill of its past/present success they could draw better crowds.... maybe they just need some fresh blood in the boardroom?

I reckon that might be the case. If they don't put in the work, they are going to get buried. There won't be any easy rides.
Although it's a bit anecdotal and through the grapevine, here in Vic I'm hearing that Preston and South are putting in an absolutely monumental amount of work behind the scenes preparing for the Championship (maybe Avondale too, but nobody knows anything about that club, so who knows). Especially when it comes to securing sponsors and other funding streams. I think it's been much harder than expected, mostly due to the economy right now, but that has just meant they need to put in more work. Right from the beginning, It will be very clear which clubs have prepared and which clubs have done the bare minimum. No club wants to be the inaugural wooden spooner, but you can guarantee it will be a club that hasn't prepared enough.
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

someguyjc - 16 Jul 2024 10:24 AM
Monoethnic Social Club - 16 Jul 2024 10:10 AM

I reckon that might be the case. If they don't put in the work, they are going to get buried. There won't be any easy rides.
Although it's a bit anecdotal and through the grapevine, here in Vic I'm hearing that Preston and South are putting in an absolutely monumental amount of work behind the scenes preparing for the Championship (maybe Avondale too, but nobody knows anything about that club, so who knows). Especially when it comes to securing sponsors and other funding streams. I think it's been much harder than expected, mostly due to the economy right now, but that has just meant they need to put in more work. Right from the beginning, It will be very clear which clubs have prepared and which clubs have done the bare minimum. No club wants to be the inaugural wooden spooner, but you can guarantee it will be a club that hasn't prepared enough.

Yes to ALL of this.... 
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

grazorblade - 15 Jul 2024 5:39 PM
So how many clubs have forked out the 500k?

No-one has forked out $500k, it's a bond that might get cashed if the club leaves.

Gives the League a safety net in organising Whole-League costs ahead of time and ensures those who put their hand up are serious
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 15 Jul 2024 5:47 PM

and obvious bias

Who are this mob ?

numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro

From the Expansion thread
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/FindPost3115649.aspx

1. Melbourne Knights
2. Brisbane United
3. Sunshine Coast Fire
4. Gold Coast United
5. Heidelberg
6. South Hobart
7. Rockdale
8. Caroline Springs George Cross
9. Brisbane Strikers

Whilst that is the official announced list, I'll eat my hat is the Strikers are allowed anywhere near the NST
Their owners are absolute loonies, a trainwreck you don't want to kick off as soon as the league does.
numklpkgulftumch
numklpkgulftumch
Semi-Pro

There's been no declared Criteria for the Grounds so this isn't an issue yet.

The FQ Pyramid rules hasn't been dealt with (as far as I'm aware) so that'll be a more likely hindrance to any of the Queensland aspirants.
Auckland and Nix
Auckland and Nix
Under 7s

numklpkgulftumch - 16 Jul 2024 11:37 AM

There's been no declared Criteria for the Grounds so this isn't an issue yet.

The FQ Pyramid rules hasn't been dealt with (as far as I'm aware) so that'll be a more likely hindrance to any of the Queensland aspirants.

If United are not allowed to host NPL Finals at there ground I think its safe to assume that NSD games would not be allowed to take place there

United are a NPL Team so they are fine its Strikers that have that issue as they are currently a FQPL side
Auckland and Nix
Auckland and Nix
Under 7s

numklpkgulftumch - 16 Jul 2024 11:29 AM

From the Expansion thread
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/FindPost3115649.aspx

1. Melbourne Knights
2. Brisbane United
3. Sunshine Coast Fire
4. Gold Coast United
5. Heidelberg
6. South Hobart
7. Rockdale
8. Caroline Springs George Cross
9. Brisbane Strikers

Whilst that is the official announced list, I'll eat my hat is the Strikers are allowed anywhere near the NST
Their owners are absolute loonies, a trainwreck you don't want to kick off as soon as the league does.

The Psychic is no longer on the board, but they have destroyed there goodwill up here in QLD by how they handled the Brisbane United Saga
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search