NPL 2024 Thread

NPL 2024 Thread

Author
Totti10
Weekender
Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Beretta - 13 May 2024 1:32 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 1:24 PM

They turned up to Edensor Park last week, walked out at half time when they were 3-0 down and decided to throw flares over the fence toward the united fans.  I wouldn't call that "great atmosphere or support".

As long as they took a photo for their social media pages to show everyone how tuff they are.. lol

Lol didn’t know this that’s fucken embarrassing. Honestly wouldn’t mess with the Croatians haha
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

agree so many of these wsw young lost ones are full on drop kicks.

Love Football

Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 1:24 PM
Totti10 - 13 May 2024 12:49 PM

If they are anything like their plastic counterparts down here they only turn up to ex NSL club matches hoping to establish a reputation... its hilarious. 

They turned up to Edensor Park last week, walked out at half time when they were 3-0 down and decided to throw flares over the fence toward the united fans.  I wouldn't call that "great atmosphere or support".

As long as they took a photo for their social media pages to show everyone how tuff they are.. lol

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Totti10 - 13 May 2024 12:49 PM
Blacktowns pitch is terrible Apia played hills there struggled to knock the ball around on that bouncy pitch. Got away with a win though 
also 2 strange red cards given to Marconi made it a comfortable win for Blacktown.

In regards to the RBB the jumping on the pitch with hoodies on was probably abit much and if it was done early in the game would probably scare and intimidate the opposition players. As I said no real problem With the pyro they brought a great atmosphere to the game on Saturday night hope they keep supporting their side but I guess FNSW has to step in 

If they are anything like their plastic counterparts down here they only turn up to ex NSL club matches hoping to establish a reputation... its hilarious. 
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender
Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)Weekender (28 reputation)

Blacktowns pitch is terrible Apia played hills there struggled to knock the ball around on that bouncy pitch. Got away with a win though 
also 2 strange red cards given to Marconi made it a comfortable win for Blacktown.

In regards to the RBB the jumping on the pitch with hoodies on was probably abit much and if it was done early in the game would probably scare and intimidate the opposition players. As I said no real problem With the pyro they brought a great atmosphere to the game on Saturday night hope they keep supporting their side but I guess FNSW has to step in 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Beretta - 13 May 2024 12:03 PM
LFC. - 13 May 2024 10:00 AM

speaking of synthetic pitches, Cromer park in Manly looks terrible. 

Could play basketball at how bouncy it is. 

Beretta I was there for a pre season game some 6wks ago.
The main pitch next to the refurnished cafe/clubhouse.
I actually thought the pitch was fine, it was only re done in '22.
So latest syn tech.
Sure the bounce's vary in all of them by my observations, some are dead flat some not re bounce.
The only positive is play rain hail - as been evident up here the last couple of weeks.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Beretta - 13 May 2024 12:02 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 9:38 AM

you could be right, they might already have a suspended sentence. 

but FNSW dont have the balls to deduct points, and i dont feel like points deduction is the right thing to do anyways, it's not the players fault.

I agree with you 100% but what I dont understand is the lack of consistency.  Do you remember Melbourne Croatia getting points deduction down here in Melbourne 3-4 years ago because one of their fans lit a flare in the Mark Viduka stand 1 hour AFTER the game had finished to celebrate knocking us out of the cup...... 
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker
Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)Hacker (408 reputation)

LFC. - 13 May 2024 10:00 AM
yep FNSW better be consistant !

Rockdale are proving their metal knocking off a SFC with quite a few AL Jnrs knocking on the door for their Snr squad.
Thats why I luv seeing the part timers coming out on top.
Was watching bits of BC vs Marconi yesterday, if I recall right BC's was one of the first syn pitch's done way way back then.
Watching the YouTube link that might not be clear enough the pitch looks so damn old, strangely the ball looked like it was bobbling at times rolling along.
Anyone know if its ever been redone ?
APIA moving along with a tight win.

speaking of synthetic pitches, Cromer park in Manly looks terrible. 

Could play basketball at how bouncy it is. 
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker

Monoethnic Social Club - 13 May 2024 9:38 AM
Beretta - 13 May 2024 9:06 AM

Havent WSW already got 3 or 4 suspended sentences for poor crowd nehaviour... what do they have to do to get a points deduction up there? Be "effnik"?

you could be right, they might already have a suspended sentence. 

but FNSW dont have the balls to deduct points, and i dont feel like points deduction is the right thing to do anyways, it's not the players fault.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

yep FNSW better be consistant !

Rockdale are proving their metal knocking off a SFC with quite a few AL Jnrs knocking on the door for their Snr squad.
Thats why I luv seeing the part timers coming out on top.
Was watching bits of BC vs Marconi yesterday, if I recall right BC's was one of the first syn pitch's done way way back then.
Watching the YouTube link that might not be clear enough the pitch looks so damn old, strangely the ball looked like it was bobbling at times rolling along.
Anyone know if its ever been redone ?
APIA moving along with a tight win.

Love Football

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Beretta - 13 May 2024 9:06 AM
If FNSW is to be consistent they will need to punish WSW for it's fans, just like they have with Rockdale, and Sydney United in the past. If they dont then you will see the Bias towards the AL clubs and NPL clubs.

RBB running onto the pitch during the game is probably more serious than the flares itself, as FNSW need to protect the players etc. I know they come down hard on that. 

My opinion is they will get a fine and suspended sentence. No way they will cop a points deduction, as they are sitting first. 

Havent WSW already got 3 or 4 suspended sentences for poor crowd nehaviour... what do they have to do to get a points deduction up there? Be "effnik"?
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker

If FNSW is to be consistent they will need to punish WSW for it's fans, just like they have with Rockdale, and Sydney United in the past. If they dont then you will see the Bias towards the AL clubs and NPL clubs.

RBB running onto the pitch during the game is probably more serious than the flares itself, as FNSW need to protect the players etc. I know they come down hard on that. 

My opinion is they will get a fine and suspended sentence. No way they will cop a points deduction, as they are sitting first. 
Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Totti10 - 12 May 2024 11:34 AM
Volkz - 12 May 2024 11:13 AM

Let’s see what happens mate. Australia will never embrace ultra fan culture which is a shame because it’s what brings people to the games along with the football 

Hopefully, FNSW hand out a suspended sentence rather than a points deduction.
Perhaps, behind closed doors for a few home games.
Edited
6 days ago @ 6:18 PM by Paul01
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Totti10 - 12 May 2024 11:34 AM

Let’s see what happens mate. Australia will never embrace ultra fan culture which is a shame because it’s what brings people to the games along with the football 

The ultra fan culture appeals to some demographics. Not all. My personal preference is for active support to be reactive to what is on the field. i.e the Poznan is about the fans - not the team - a real 'look at me' gesture that has no relation to what is on the field.
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender

Totti10 - 12 May 2024 10:09 AM

NSWP care much more about Sydney FC and Wanderers than any other club in Aus history.

I heard stories first hand of supporters having Raptor squad pull up to their house/work to do searches?? Some insane charges too. 

In terms of the federation, you will probably expect to see a suspended sentence. Didn't Croatia do the same for SUS 15 years, I am unsure if there was any sentence.

Volkz
Volkz
Hacker
Hacker (446 reputation)Hacker (446 reputation)Hacker (446 reputation)Hacker (446 reputation)Hacker (446 reputation)Hacker (446 reputation)Hacker (446 reputation)Hacker (446 reputation)Hacker (446 reputation)Hacker (446 reputation)Hacker (446 reputation)

Totti10 - 12 May 2024 10:09 AM
Cracking game last night WSW last minute win over Olympic keeps them at the top of the table.
wonder if FNSW will punish WSW for their fans letting off fireworks and running on the pitch after a goal was scored during the game. 
If an ethnic club did that what would they be punished ? 
personally I don’t have problem with flares and fireworks and creating a good atmosphere. 
As long as the federation is consistent across the competition with these incidents I have no problem. The Wanderers fans were unreal last night in supporting their team.

NSWP care much more about Sydney FC and Wanderers than any other club in Aus history.

I heard stories first hand of supporters having Raptor squad pull up to their house/work to do searches?? Some insane charges too. 

In terms of the federation, you will probably expect to see a suspended sentence. Didn't Croatia do the same for SUS 15 years, I am unsure if there was any sentence.
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender

Cracking game last night WSW last minute win over Olympic keeps them at the top of the table.
wonder if FNSW will punish WSW for their fans letting off fireworks and running on the pitch after a goal was scored during the game. 
If an ethnic club did that what would they be punished ? 
personally I don’t have problem with flares and fireworks and creating a good atmosphere. 
As long as the federation is consistent across the competition with these incidents I have no problem. The Wanderers fans were unreal last night in supporting their team.

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

We came out really flat on Saturday...  Pushed for 10-15 mins in the first half and missed a few sitters but the rest was all Avondale... Credit to them, they played pretty crappy themselves, with youth players and injuries yet still got the win away...  It wasnt the masterclass the dopey prick commentators were crowing about but they just wanted it more....  Not good enough from South and Im sure the lads will re-group again and make sure we build on the 3 point lead. 

Bergers nice win , Gully finally got a win and Knights had a great win in Dandenong.. Oak plays tonight... 
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker

LFC. - 6 May 2024 9:49 AM
and the aleague sides start to crumble as called.
APIA 7 SFC 1.
SU58 3 WSW 2.
Wolves 5 CCM 1.

Marconi 4 Hills 0
StG 2 SO 1.

Good results for my favs.

WSW had all their regulars playing judging by their line up as well.

United has hit some form it seems. 
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender

LFC. - 6 May 2024 9:49 AM
APIA 7 SFC 1.
SU58 3 WSW 2.
Wolves 5 CCM 1.

Marconi 4 Hills 0
StG 2 SO 1.

WSW loss means the Gap has closed at the top of the table.
 Going to be very close this year no real favourite. 5-6 teams can win it been a great first half of the season so far
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

APIA 7 SFC 1.
SU58 3 WSW 2.
Wolves 5 CCM 1.

Marconi 4 Hills 0
StG 2 SO 1.

Love Football

Totti10
Totti10
Weekender

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 4:43 PM
Totti10 - 1 May 2024 3:51 PM

Olympic need alot more than just the three points mate... defensively not terrible, just don't seem to be able to score.

They have a good team on paper. Coach was and is still under big pressure. But he won’t get sacked because they don’t want to pay out his contract haha think he had a 2 year deal 
Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Totti10 - 1 May 2024 3:51 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 1:08 PM

South vs Avondale Will be a top game 
pick of the round in NSW will be Sydney United vs WSW not sure how many A-league players will be dropping down.

olympic vs Saint George Budapest is a big throwback the original saints haven’t been in the comp for many years so will be good to see such huge clubs go at it. Olympic need 3 points 

Olympic need alot more than just the three points mate... defensively not terrible, just don't seem to be able to score.
Totti10
Totti10
Weekender

Monoethnic Social Club - 1 May 2024 1:08 PM
Totti10 - 29 Apr 2024 12:42 PM

Wow APIA....  looks like the season is heating up up there.

Down here South is 6 points clear at the top with a juciy match against Avondale on Saturday being the pick of the round.

Dandy Thunder and Knights on Friday is the "best of the rest" for me as both clubs need to get their season back on track

Moreland City with 0-0-11 to start the season is away to Oakleigh on Monday night if they follow up their Cup form with a jammy win away it will truly be a HAPPY EASTER for all. hahahahahahah

South vs Avondale Will be a top game 
pick of the round in NSW will be Sydney United vs WSW not sure how many A-league players will be dropping down.

olympic vs Saint George Budapest is a big throwback the original saints haven’t been in the comp for many years so will be good to see such huge clubs go at it. Olympic need 3 points 

Monoethnic Social Club
Monoethnic Social Club
Legend

Totti10 - 29 Apr 2024 12:42 PM
Beretta - 29 Apr 2024 10:58 AM

-Very solid win by Apia but yes weakened WSW side.
-Olympic threw away 3 points
-marconi with a convincing win 
-United are in red hot form
Going to be a great finals race this year 

Wow APIA....  looks like the season is heating up up there.

Down here South is 6 points clear at the top with a juciy match against Avondale on Saturday being the pick of the round.

Dandy Thunder and Knights on Friday is the "best of the rest" for me as both clubs need to get their season back on track

Moreland City with 0-0-11 to start the season is away to Oakleigh on Monday night if they follow up their Cup form with a jammy win away it will truly be a HAPPY EASTER for all. hahahahahahah

Totti10
Totti10
Weekender

Beretta - 29 Apr 2024 10:58 AM
Paul01 - 22 Apr 2024 8:04 PM

As expected, 5-6 players were in the AL squad over the weekend, and WSW NPL lost 6-0 to APIA yesterday. 

-Very solid win by Apia but yes weakened WSW side.
-Olympic threw away 3 points
-marconi with a convincing win 
-United are in red hot form
Going to be a great finals race this year 
Beretta
Beretta
Hacker

Paul01 - 22 Apr 2024 8:04 PM
Beretta - 22 Apr 2024 5:04 PM

Fade away occurs from i can ascertain when the transfer window opens.
Recently, multiple acadeny players from WS Wanderers to CC Mariners  or Bulls plus Sydney FC to WS Wanderers.

If you watch multiple NSW NPL First Grade, there are multiple A-League Academy players who never got a professional contract that are now playing at various NPL clubs (Sydney Olympic, Blacktown City, St George FC, St George City, Marconi, Apia Leichhardt etc)

As expected, 5-6 players were in the AL squad over the weekend, and WSW NPL lost 6-0 to APIA yesterday. 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

No Totti No Party - 25 Apr 2024 2:07 AM
sub007 - 23 Apr 2024 3:19 PM

They changed the rules this year to stop that though. You have to play 6 regular season NPL games to play finals now 

Most if not all would’ve played their 6 games.
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)

sub007 - 23 Apr 2024 3:19 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 23 Apr 2024 3:07 PM
sub007 - 23 Apr 2024 2:52 PM

Weren't most of the Adelaide NPL team Aleague starters that only played in the grand final though? Hardly seems fair.

Definitely not. Here’s the 11 that started and none were regular ALM starters. Nearly all of the players were 17-18 as well.

Steven Hall - played because first choice youth keeper Ethan Cox was with the Olyroos
Bovalina - 0 ALM appearances at the time
Lynch - 0 first team appearances, now at Adelaide City
Mbembe - 0 first team appearances
Bailey O’Neil - current scholarship player with 0 first team appearances
Yull - 9 league appearances at the time 
White - 0 first team appearances
Duzel - 3 appearances for our first team, made 16 at WU
Alagich - 22 first team league appearances
Madanha - 12 first team league appearances
Jovanovic - 9 first team appearances 

They changed the rules this year to stop that though. You have to play 6 regular season NPL games to play finals now 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 24 Apr 2024 2:02 PM
Monoethnic Social Club - 24 Apr 2024 10:40 AM

And the clown holds his arms out when shown the red saying 'what for?

Farking hell.

I don't know how those refs see all the players involved in the afters. Too much happening for me.

They might use comms system - I know that quite a few, if not all, of the NPL games in Canberra use them - so they'll be talking to eachother while taking notes
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search