You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Munrubenmuz - 2 Jul 2020 4:55 PM
WGMG. My oldest deciding to play AFL this year.

He's working now and although he has mates playing both it's $400 for him to play seniors football or $130 for AFL.  And he gets a club polo, socks, shorts with AFL.

For a bloke on just over minimum wage it's understandable.

I mean good on him and all that.  I'm sure he'll enjoy it but if it weren't for the money he'd still be playing football.

Yep, pretty spot on.

Some might be able to connect the dots with stuff I've said before, but I know of a former NSL player's son that plays AFL over football. I mean, he does enjoy both sports, and follows both, but still
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
When movie posters list the names of actors in order of top billing from left to right, but have pictures of them starting from the centre outwards, so they don't line up.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

WGMG: BLM protest in Sydney this weekend. What the actual fuck. This hurts the cause more than anything. Bunch of selfish egotistical sycophants hiding behind a thin veil of "justice" when in reality they just want a chance to be anti-authoritarian and tell the police to fuck off. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

paladisious - 15 Jul 2020 6:00 PM
When movie posters list the names of actors in order of top billing from left to right, but have pictures of them starting from the centre outwards, so they don't line up.

Man that's 7th dan level pedantry.

Kudos.

Member since 2008.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 24 Jul 2020 10:14 PM

Man that's 7th dan level pedantry.

Kudos.

David Squires knows what's up.

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 24 Jul 2020 1:15 PM
WGMG: BLM protest in Sydney this weekend. What the actual fuck. This hurts the cause more than anything. Bunch of selfish egotistical sycophants hiding behind a thin veil of "justice" when in reality they just want a chance to be anti-authoritarian and tell the police to fuck off. 

And no doubt these were the same people who were outraged that people went to the beach a few months ago and berated those protestors who marched on capital hall in the USA bEcAuSe ThEy JuSt WaNtEd A hAiRcUt!1!1!

WGMG: Coon deciding to change their branding name because of a tiny (yet noisy) minority who think naming a cheese after the person who founded the company is simply problematic and unacceptable in The Current Year. Living in an age where the demand for actual racism outstrips the supply, of course there are going to be people who will milk shit like this (no matter how trivial) for all its' worth. But the biggest mistake is deferring to their wishes. No matter what you do, nothing will ever be enough to satisfy people who base their entire identity around being the victim. 

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Do you ever say anything on this forum i don’t agree with?
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Glory Recruit - 25 Jul 2020 7:15 PM

Do you ever say anything on this forum i don’t agree with?

Milos Ninkovic is worth two Diego Castro's?

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 25 Jul 2020 7:23 PM
Glory Recruit - 25 Jul 2020 7:15 PM

Milos Ninkovic is worth two Diego Castro's?

Scandalous 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Not that I think BLM protests should go ahead but I do have to agree with ol mate who's organising them that said on the radio if it's ok for thousands of people to go and congregate at a Westfields on the weekend then they're entitled to hold the protests.

He has a point.

Member since 2008.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 25 Jul 2020 11:23 PM
Not that I think BLM protests should go ahead but I do have to agree with ol mate who's organising them that said on the radio if it's ok for thousands of people to go and congregate at a Westfields on the weekend then they're entitled to hold the protests.

He has a point.

Point is that is something that we may not be able to do within the fortnight. 

Its not the protest itself rather the tone deaf, almost antagonistic timing of it. NSW is at the precipice of a lockdown.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

I was thinking about the BLM protests in Australia yesterday. What do these protestors want? 

Can't Glady's, the AG, Justice minister etc agree to have a dialogue with them and we can take it from there? Their actions feel like protesting for the sake of protesting.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 26 Jul 2020 8:51 AM

Point is that is something that we may not be able to do within the fortnight. 

Its not the protest itself rather the tone deaf, almost antagonistic timing of it. NSW is at the precipice of a lockdown.

again why is it that people can congregate at a shopping centre without ppe but protesting isn't allowed due to covid? Where was the outrage when anti 5 g protests happened before? 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Jul 2020 9:51 AM
sydneyfc1987 - 26 Jul 2020 8:51 AM

again why is it that people can congregate at a shopping centre without ppe but protesting isn't allowed due to covid? Where was the outrage when anti 5 g protests happened before? 

The point is people probably WONT be able to go to the pub or shopping centre within the fortnight.  It was a solid argument to make 4-6 weeks ago when we had next to no community transmission. Now it's like saying I'll be fine jumping off a cliff because I'll be perfectly healthy on the way down.

Plus I keep hearing about these fucking 5G protests like somehow that makes it Ok. Those people are the scum of the earth. Is that the benchmark?

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Edited
4 Years Ago by sydneyfc1987
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 26 Jul 2020 10:22 AM
MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Jul 2020 9:51 AM

The point is people probably WONT be able to go to the pub or shopping centre within the fortnight.  It was a solid argument to make 4-6 weeks ago when we had next to no community transmission. Now it's like saying I'll be fine jumping off a cliff because I'll be perfectly healthy on the way down.

Plus I keep hearing about these fucking 5G protests like somehow that makes it Ok. Those people are the scum of the earth. Is that the benchmark?

Sif Gladys will lock you guys down again.  She's against lockdown .
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

What happened to the "Multi Speculation" thread?
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Jul 2020 10:46 AM
sydneyfc1987 - 26 Jul 2020 10:22 AM

Sif Gladys will lock you guys down again.  She's against lockdown .

True, but the pressure will mount big time when we start getting 60-70 cases a day.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 26 Jul 2020 12:08 PM

True, but the pressure will mount big time when we start getting 60-70 cases a day.

When the hotel association persuaded her against more measures then nothing will . Remember your talk back media and others have a lot of pull  
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Captain Haddock - 25 Jul 2020 7:01 PM

WGMG: Coon deciding to change their branding name because of a tiny (yet noisy) minority who think naming a cheese after the person who founded the company is simply problematic and unacceptable in The Current Year. Living in an age where the demand for actual racism outstrips the supply, of course there are going to be people who will milk shit like this (no matter how trivial) for all its' worth. But the biggest mistake is deferring to their wishes. No matter what you do, nothing will ever be enough to satisfy people who base their entire identity around being the victim. 

I have a mate with the same surname, guess he has to change that too lol
localstar
localstar
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

paladisious - 26 Jul 2020 12:37 PM
Captain Haddock - 25 Jul 2020 7:01 PM

I have a mate with the same surname, guess he has to change that too lol

Lots of Germans, Swiss etc with names like "Kuhn" might have to change their surnames.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

localstar - 26 Jul 2020 1:06 PM
paladisious - 26 Jul 2020 12:37 PM

Lots of Germans, Swiss etc with names like "Kuhn" might have to change their surnames.

Germans used to use Lucifer as a name as its a typical German name. Not any more.  Adolph was popular as well. Things change names get lost 
Muz
Muz
Legend

localstar - 26 Jul 2020 11:14 AM
What happened to the "Multi Speculation" thread?

Hahaha.

Decentric makes a comeback and miraculously the multi speculation thread disappears.

Mods?  An explanation please.

Member since 2008.

localstar
localstar
Pro

MvFCArsenal16.8 - 26 Jul 2020 1:14 PM
localstar - 26 Jul 2020 1:06 PM

Germans used to use Lucifer as a name as its a typical German name. Not any more.  Adolph was popular as well. Things change names get lost 

"Kuhn" means "bold".
localstar
localstar
Pro

Munrubenmuz - 26 Jul 2020 1:25 PM
localstar - 26 Jul 2020 11:14 AM

Hahaha.

Decentric makes a comeback and miraculously the multi speculation thread disappears.

Mods?  An explanation please.

Yes, funny that.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

I saw a YouTube video about this exact thing actually
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

He has a point.

The people at Westfield are saying "it's not like we are protesting". 

We are stuck in a spiral of stupidity. 
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 26 Jul 2020 12:08 PM

I am working with a company who deal with businesses looking to future-proof their operations, and at their premises on Friday I noticed they had sticky notes along the whiteboard going back each week to the start of June with the daily cases written down for each state. I'm a sucker for looking at trends and patterns, and what I noticed about Victoria is that while it ballooned, NSW has risen over the past few weeks but is much more steady. We're in the middle of traditional flu season which doesn't help, but coming into August as it begins to warm again (coupled with the border closure with Victoria) I think NSW might actually manage.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

localstar - 26 Jul 2020 2:57 PM
Munrubenmuz - 26 Jul 2020 1:25 PM

Yes, funny that.

That was certainly a repository of insanity & idiocy.  

Not at all surprised that certain people would be quite embarrassed at its contents. 
Muz
Muz
Legend

ErogenousZone - 27 Jul 2020 2:14 PM
localstar - 26 Jul 2020 2:57 PM

That was certainly a repository of insanity & idiocy.  

Not at all surprised that certain people would be quite embarrassed at its contents. 

Still doesn't mean it should be deleted.  And I say that as someone who took a pasting in that thread.

It's very ordinary that such a polarising contributor can have such a disproportionate influence on the forums.

Is this perhaps the first step before Decentric is reappointed a mod?

I notice his name never was deleted from the mod team list.  (Only his wasn't bolded.)

Time to prepare for the end of days lads.

Member since 2008.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Munrubenmuz - 27 Jul 2020 2:27 PM
ErogenousZone - 27 Jul 2020 2:14 PM

Still doesn't mean it should be deleted.  And I say that as someone who took a pasting in that thread.

It's very ordinary that such a polarising contributor can have such a disproportionate influence on the forums.

Is this perhaps the first step before Decentric is reappointed a mod?

I notice his name never was deleted from the mod team list.  (Only his wasn't bolded.)

Time to prepare for the end of days lads.

Ugh.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search