The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

Author
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Fuck, epic bumpage doc!!!

Urgh, ever since iv'e stopped working iv'e pretty much stopped drinking. I was downing 20 beers a week when i was working as a labouror the majority on a friday night :lol:.

I'm lucky if i have one or two now.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Vaughn2111
Vaughn2111
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

imnofreak wrote:
dale1878 wrote:
imnofreak wrote:

Got this a few months ago. Would recommend.

How much, imno?

Think it was around 80. There's a cheaper one too, not 12 years though.

Yes, it was $80 Imno :lol:
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

dale1878 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
cheers for that... this game me a good idea of what i'm drinking aswell http://www.tooheysnew.com.au/product.php?p=old

Next time you go to Dan Murphy's, grab a copy of their beer guide, it's informative reading.
Their website has a digital version too.
If you like Old, try Squires IPA or Coopers Dark Ale. Nom.

I've had Coopers Dark Ale before, quality... I'll check that guide out in a sec

found out the other day that Strongbow/Cider has like six times the amount of sugar that a regular beer has
dale1878
dale1878
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

The Doctor wrote:
found out the other day that Strongbow/Cider has like six times the amount of sugar that a regular beer has

And hence, makes you fat quicker. I get the worst hangovers on the ciders. It needs to be reeeeeaaaally well filtered otherwise I get a killer headache. :(
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

dale1878 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

And hence, makes you fat quicker. I get the worst hangovers on the ciders. It needs to be reeeeeaaaally well filtered otherwise I get a killer headache. :(

Just aswell i stopped drinking them awhile back, if i kept up the habit it wouldn't of been good
Bonkers
Bonkers
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
ergh scotch. 2 bottles in 2 consecutive nights is enough to turn you off for life.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

dale1878 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Has anybody heard the rumour that Coopers Pale Ale doesn't give you a hangover. Thus far iv'e tried that experiment, and it's true to it's word. Mind you, i haven't had the opportunity to down more then 6 in a row :lol:

dale1878
dale1878
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
dale1878 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Has anybody heard the rumour that Coopers Pale Ale doesn't give you a hangover. Thus far iv'e tried that experiment, and it's true to it's word. Mind you, i haven't had the opportunity to down more then 6 in a row :lol:

That's true from my experience. Same with Boags Pure as I mentioned before. Wonder why? Coopers is really dense with yeast, and logic would suggest that it'd have more impurities because of that, and thus give you a hangover...?
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Coopers Pale Ale is superb on tap but I can't stand it in stubbies.

I've only been living in Melbourne eight weeks and knocked off my fifth slab last week, at this rate I'll be forced to lower myself to goon in the near future. I miss the stupid/ignorant days of an underager where I would throw my savings away on Canadian Clubs, haven't had one in ages
dale1878
dale1878
Pro

Fredsta wrote:
Coopers Pale Ale is superb on tap but I can't stand it in stubbies.

I've only been living in Melbourne eight weeks and knocked off my fifth slab last week, at this rate I'll be forced to lower myself to goon in the near future. I miss the stupid/ignorant days of an underager where I would throw my savings away on Canadian Clubs, haven't had one in ages

Fucking nom. LOVE CC and cokes. Smoother than a freshly-mopped wooden floor.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
CC is indeed a fine beverage. I enjoy it with Dry, haven't had it with Coke in a while
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Never had Canadian Clubs, but i heard it's OK.

The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

Fredsta wrote:
I miss the stupid/ignorant days of an underager where I would throw my savings away on Canadian Clubs, haven't had one in ages

;)
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

imnofreak wrote:
CC is indeed a fine beverage. I enjoy it with Dry, haven't had it with Coke in a while

Dry is definitely the best but Cola goes alright, I prefer the premix to mixing it myself though
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Back on the topic of beer, been prowling the beer thread on the SFCU forums. FML they're really into the boutique stuff!!! :lol:.

Does anyone know if this is sold in Australia, or would i have to import it in?

Sounds good enough to get completely tanked on after just one or two :lol:.

Does anyone know if they stock it at Dan Murphy's?

Speaking of DMs - Do they stock Baltika - the Russian Beer?

WastedYouth
WastedYouth
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

I like Daily Juice, Breakfast. :LOL:
thewestisland
thewestisland
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Australian orange juice is great, but the bottled water is horrible compared to ours.

Mainstream Australian beer tastes like NZ beer decanted through a dirty sock.
Vaughn2111
Vaughn2111
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

thewestisland wrote:

Yeah Right. 8-[
skipppy
skipppy
Amateur
Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)

I have been getting right into James Squire beers lately, the amber and sundown are quality.

They are meant to be releasing a couple of new beers soon can't wait to sample

Edited by skipppy: 18/4/2011 12:43:59 PM
dale1878
dale1878
Pro

Heineken wrote:
Back on the topic of beer, been prowling the beer thread on the SFCU forums. FML they're really into the boutique stuff!!! :lol:.

Does anyone know if this is sold in Australia, or would i have to import it in?

Sounds good enough to get completely tanked on after just one or two :lol:.

Does anyone know if they stock it at Dan Murphy's?

Speaking of DMs - Do they stock Baltika - the Russian Beer?

Tennents is sold at the boutique beer shop in Canberra. They had a sampling while I was there - yum.
thewestisland
thewestisland
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Vaughn2111 wrote:
thewestisland wrote:

Yeah Right. 8-[

:lol:

But still, sink a 4X and then a Tui and notice the distinctly better flavour of the Tui, then consider the lower cost also.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Had a few pints of my name sake today at Paddy Macguires in the city, the big irish pub next to the capital theatre - it's in capital mall.

$8.50 per pint. Farrrrkin. Good thing they were having $1 pool today too :lol:

dale1878
dale1878
Pro

thewestisland wrote:
But still, sink a 4X and then a Tui and notice the distinctly better flavour of the Tui, then consider the lower cost also.

Tui comes in 300mL cans, doesn't it?

Edited by dale1878: 18/4/2011 06:37:52 PM
dale1878
dale1878
Pro

Heineken wrote:
Had a few pints of my name sake today at Paddy Macguires in the city, the big irish pub next to the capital theatre - it's in capital mall.

Bought a stubbie of Pure Blonde and one of Cascade Light out on Saturday: $14 thank you. I nearly fell over.

Edited by dale1878: 18/4/2011 06:41:35 PM
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

dale1878 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Bought a stubbie of Pure Blonde and one of Cascade Light out on Saturday: $14 thank you. I nearly fell over.

Edited by dale1878: 18/4/2011 06:41:35 PM

Fuck that :lol:.

I can understand a Pint being $8.50 - a Schooner and you'd be raising eyebrows i s'ppose. Although i think the worst i seen was over the summer i was at Coogee with my GF, and we popped into the Coogee Bay Hotel - $9.00 for a bottle of Coronas....:-" #-o .

Spent $27 on Coronas for myself. :lol:. Never again!!!

dale1878
dale1878
Pro

Heineken wrote:
I can understand a Pint being $8.50 - a Schooner and you'd be raising eyebrows i s'ppose. Although i think the worst i seen was over the summer i was at Coogee with my GF, and we popped into the Coogee Bay Hotel - $9.00 for a bottle of Coronas....:-" #-o .

Ahh, Coogee Bay: the only pub in Sydney where you can literally get shitfaced.
thewestisland
thewestisland
Pro

dale1878 wrote:
thewestisland wrote:

Edited by dale1878: 18/4/2011 06:37:52 PM

dale1878
dale1878
Pro

thewestisland wrote:
dale1878 wrote:
thewestisland wrote:

And how much is a case?
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

dale1878 wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Ahh, Coogee Bay: the only pub in Sydney where you can literally get shitfaced.

We didn't dare order anything off the desert menu :lol:. I swear!!! :lol:

Still - $9.00 for a Corona - i know they're imported, but still. You can get them at star city for $5.00

dale1878
dale1878
Pro

Heineken wrote:
Still - $9.00 for a Corona - i know they're imported, but still. You can get them at star city for $5.00

You can buy them at retail for about $55/case - that's $2.30 each RRP. Even based on that, they're making nearly 400% profit. Ridiculous.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search