The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

Author
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
$45 cases of Coronas at the Bottle-o near mine :D
dale1878
dale1878
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

avy1990 wrote:
$45 cases of Coronas at the Bottle-o near mine :D

They were $40 at Dan Murphy's last week. Walking out the fucking door, they were.
thewestisland
thewestisland
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

dale1878 wrote:
thewestisland wrote:
dale1878 wrote:
thewestisland wrote:
But still, sink a 4X and then a Tui and notice the distinctly better flavour of the Tui, then consider the lower cost also.

Tui comes in 300mL cans, doesn't it?

And how much is a case?

Damn Australian terminology. I don't quite know what you mean by a case but I got a 12 box of 330ml cans of Tui for $13.99NZ on sale last week.

A crate is anywhere between $32 and $40NZ for 12 x 750ml.

Edited by thewestisland: 18/4/2011 07:26:35 PM
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

thewestisland wrote:
dale1878 wrote:
thewestisland wrote:
dale1878 wrote:
thewestisland wrote:
But still, sink a 4X and then a Tui and notice the distinctly better flavour of the Tui, then consider the lower cost also.

Tui comes in 300mL cans, doesn't it?

And how much is a case?

Damn Australian terminology. I don't quite know what you mean by a case but I got a 12 box of 330ml cans of Tui for $13.99NZ on sale last week.

A crate is anywhere between $32 and $40NZ for 12 x 750ml.

Edited by thewestisland: 18/4/2011 07:26:35 PM

A case in Australia is 24 stubbies.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

dale1878 wrote:
Heineken wrote:
Still - $9.00 for a Corona - i know they're imported, but still. You can get them at star city for $5.00

You can buy them at retail for about $55/case - that's $2.30 each RRP. Even based on that, they're making nearly 400% profit. Ridiculous.

At the time i could afford it as i was working, but it's still fucking pricey.

The only explanation i could come up with is the Coogee Bay is still paying off the lawsuits from the 'shit' scandel :lol:

That, or they're just greedy sons-of-bitches. Probably closer to the mark, but i was happy with my at the time explanation :lol:

thewestisland
thewestisland
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Ahhh.

Woolworths reliably informs me that a 'case' of Tui is $27.99 NZD ($21 AU, according to XE)

A six pack of Carlton Cold bought here comes to around $7.50 AU.

Edited by thewestisland: 18/4/2011 07:39:34 PM
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

thewestisland wrote:

A six pack of Carlton Cold bought here comes to around $7.50 AU.

Never had Coldies before about a month ago. Wasn't sure what to expect, $13.50 a six pack at my local bottlo, they're private owned, not a coles/woolies bottlo so that's not bad.

I actually quite liked the Coldies, i was expecting almost a Fosters. Much better then i origianlly expected, they're not the best beer ever, but they seem to go down easily enough. And they're a decent price.

Would definitely get a 6er of Coldies over something like Carlton Draught.

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Bought a 6-pack of Pure Blondes this evening (regular) - whats the differance between Regular PBs and PBs White.

I know Naked PBs are Low-strength beers for pissweak kids. :lol:

General Ashnak
General Ashnak
Legend
Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)Legend (18K reputation)

Currently enjoying a bottle of Huntington Estate 2007 Mudgee Vintage Port.

The thing about football - the important thing about football - is its not just about football.
- Sir Terry Pratchett in Unseen Academicals
For pro/rel in Australia across the entire pyramid, the removal of artificial impediments to the development of the game and its players.
On sabbatical Youth Coach and formerly part of The Cove FC

skipppy
skipppy
Amateur
Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)

Heineken wrote:
Bought a 6-pack of Pure Blondes this evening (regular) - whats the differance between Regular PBs and PBs White.

pbs whites are a wheat beer
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Heineken wrote:

Good choice, I'm living off Pure Blondes these days, such a good beer.

TED Platinums are decent too, taste is questionable but they do the job in getting you nicely plastered before you go out
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Bough one large Dare Iced Coffe and 3 350mL cartons of Brownes milk in Spearmint, Choc Berry and Double Shot Iced Coffee. Jizz.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Benjo wrote:
Bough one large Dare Iced Coffe and 3 350mL cartons of Brownes milk in Spearmint, Choc Berry and Double Shot Iced Coffee. Jizz.

..... was there vodka in it to make it a funky white russian?
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Could not find any.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

skipppy wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Any good?

skipppy
skipppy
Amateur
Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)Amateur (738 reputation)

Heineken wrote:
skipppy wrote:
Heineken wrote:

Any good?

not really, but saying that they aren't a terrible beer, but there is other beers I would rather spend my money on
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

I'm a massive fan of Regular Pure Blondes. My favourite Aussie Beer.

$6.50 pots of Heineken at the Woolwich Pier Hotel in Sydney. Decent Price

con m
con m
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

James Squire Golden Ale is a very good aussie beer
skipppy
skipppy
Amateur

conm wrote:

any james squire is a good beer
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

conm wrote:

Had a sip of a friends at the RSL a couple weeks back, wasn't too bad. Next time I go somewhere where it's on tap, i'll have to try it.

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

conm wrote:

My local has it on tap now. Decided to have a few schooners of it on the weekend. Very yummy!. It's shuffled up alongside Coopers Pale Ale in my top 3 Aussie Beers now. Keen to try their Pilsner too.

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

The Golden Ale and the Pilsner are both very drinkable on tap.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Had some German beer at the Clock Hotel last night... $8 for 500ml, bargain considering i bought an Asahi for $9.50 before hand... then i got cut off, then i got kicked out
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Quote:
then i got cut off, then i got kicked out

What kind of bar enforces RSA these days? Geeze!! Some people :roll:

Ordered a Perroni tonight while I was out for dinner...fucking italian restaurant with italian beers brewed in Sydney. Not impressed :evil: tastes nothing like it's meant to.
Mr
Mr
World Class
World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)

There is a Squires - The Chancer Golden Ale now.

Having Coopers Sparkling tonight - the original and still the best.
TimmyJ
TimmyJ
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Anyone else use www.boozle.com.au?

good site for comparing local alcohol prices.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

Ordered a Perroni tonight while I was out for dinner...fucking italian restaurant with italian beers brewed in Sydney. Not impressed :evil: tastes nothing like it's meant to.

I hate Peroni. Iv'e only had it on a handful of occasions, and I just don't like it. :-&

Mr
Mr
World Class
World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)World Class (6.1K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

I hate Peroni. Iv'e only had it on a handful of occasions, and I just don't like it. :-&

Nastro Azzuro is the perfect accompaniment to wood fired pizza. Dig it.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
Nastro Azzuro is the perfect accompaniment to wood fired pizza. Dig it.

Which is EXACTLY what I was eating...however, it was Sydney brewed Peroni and was just wrong. I was disappoint.
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Went to a new club, (it had no tap beer) figured I'd try a new beer. Got a Magners, paid $15 for it. Turned out to be Irish Cider. Shit Price, Shit Beer.
11.mvfc.11 wrote:
Tried Little Creatures for the first time last night; not too bad. Still can't go past a pint of Carlton on tap, though.

Would be my favourite beer, but I tend to get drunk very quickly off it so it is reserved for special occasions. James Squire Gold and Fat Yak to a lesser extent are the alternatives I usually turn to.

Lately I've been hitting up the cleanskin red wines. Warm and cheap. Goes well with chocolate.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search