marconi's Games Thread

marconi's Games Thread

Author
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
davidtorres wrote:
I think I'm the only 16 year old teenager in the world who has no interest at all about the new cod. :oops:
Fixed.
southern3
southern3
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Besides me. :oops:
Pr1mo
Pr1mo
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

I too have not played COD.....but I'm 29 so meh.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Not long got back from the midnight release, looks pretty good so far.
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

just got back from the midnight launch to =D
bizzle177 if you come across me on xbox say hi!

Edited by hawks: 9/11/2010 12:53:29 AM
Felixx_17
Felixx_17
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

If anyones on PC for Black Ops feel free to add me: Marci_17
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

It's pretty sexy. Getting through the campaign, enjoying it nicely.
Felixx_17
Felixx_17
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

avy1990 wrote:
It's pretty sexy. Getting through the campaign, enjoying it nicely.

I get it tomorrow after my last exam, cant wait! Lookin forward to it heaps.
buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Black Ops is heaps good. Impressed thus far with campaign.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

I must say the multiplayer is a dissapointment, much prefer MW2 even with the bullshit moments

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

marconi101 wrote:
I must say the multiplayer is a dissapointment, much prefer MW2 even with the bullshit moments

Yeah, i saw my brother palying today. Didn't look as impressive as MW2 tbh. Graphics didn't seem as good, maybe that was just me...
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Benjo wrote:
marconi101 wrote:

Yeah, i saw my brother palying today. Didn't look as impressive as MW2 tbh. Graphics didn't seem as good, maybe that was just me...

Graphics are not as shiny as Infinity Wards engine but the level of customisation is better and the general flow of the game is better then MW2
martyB
martyB
Legend

The audio of footsteps is pathetic. It's buggy; when you can run 20m on pavement and you won't hear your footsteps, then suddenly the audio tracks kick in and it sounds like you have 4 feet. That said, you can barely hear other people's footsteps, if at all. The grenade and flashbangs look and sound cheap and tacky.

The multiplayer mode really does look like a cheap knock-off of MW2 - even down to the font used. I don't understand what Treyarch are trying to do with training mode, it felt like it was one-shot kills. Then in the multiplayer mode it feels like it takes forever to down an enemy.

Level of customisation is good, gameplay is above average and aesthetics are shite. It's not a bad game at all, but MW2 still tops this. Seems atm there aren't too many Aussies playing online. I spent a couple hours playing and I seemed to be getting put into Asian and American servers.

Im playing the campaign, and gotta say the story is pretty boring. MW2's story wasn't brilliant either, but it at least had me feeling like I could almost relate to it because it was set in the present.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I've heard widely varying responses. Should get it soon, but I don't want to be too optimistic. The graphics seem to be the biggest downfall.
Felixx_17
Felixx_17
Pro

Marty there having massive problems with the servers, people are going into servers that state they have 50 ping then it goes up to 550. Seems to be a problem with Australia and NZ so thats why there arent a lot of us on.

Havent played it yet (will play today) but my mate said the game play is awesome but trying to get a game online is impossible. MW2 had similar problems.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Thats what you get when everyone over hypes a generic FPS game that is fast becoming shovelware.

The best one was the original. I'll never forget the music kicking in when your commander screams out "For Mother RUSSIAAA!!!!!!" when you storm the building in Berlin.
pimpsta
pimpsta
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

i played it this morning, wasnt blown away by it but did enjoy it
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Irrespective of how average this one is, MW3 will get huge sales. Possibly bigger than MW2.

Medal of Honour are idiots. If they didnt release at the exact same time as COD, they would have gotten a helluva lot more sales.
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Is there going to be a MW3, didn't those guys all leave?
martyB
martyB
Legend

Erebus wrote:
Is there going to be a MW3, didn't those guys all leave?
I haven't bothered to follow it but I think Inifinity Ward are taking Activision to court over unpaid royalties and are trying to claim ownership to the 'Modern Warfare' brand, arguing that MW is now its own brand separate from Call of Duty. Or something like that. IW will definitely make another MW, be it under that name or another.
manchester12
manchester12
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Got Black Ops, But Not playing it till after exams :(, i also got xbox live Noaza12 is my gamertag

the new fifa11 is not taht good at all, i haven't gone back since i opened it really...
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

manchester12 wrote:
Got Black Ops, But Not playing it till after exams :(, i also got xbox live Noaza12 is my gamertag

the new fifa11 is not taht good at all, i haven't gone back since i opened it really...

As opposed to the old fifa11? :P
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

Been playing campaign for a few hours now. Seen nothing particularly wrong with the graphics, but I think the majority of complaints stem from online play anyway, correct?

Enjoying it immensely so far. Haven't played FPS in ages.
Felixx_17
Felixx_17
Pro

imnofreak wrote:
Been playing campaign for a few hours now. Seen nothing particularly wrong with the graphics, but I think the majority of complaints stem from online play anyway, correct?

Enjoying it immensely so far. Haven't played FPS in ages.

Yea, I have it on PC, its ridiculous, theve managed to overload the CPU so its always laggy and stutters in everything even campaign.

Multiplayers even worse, join a game that says u will have ping of 50's and u get there and it goes up to 190, FFS. Hope the patch is out soon.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Probably refunding my Black Ops game. Multiplayer is an absolute embarrassment, shit graphics, shit guns, shit maps, shit everything. The biggest fail game of the decade, and to think I was looking forward to it. The last Treyarch game I'm ever buying

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Who thought that multiplayer could be worse than Modern Warfare 2. I sure did not think it could be worse
Felixx_17
Felixx_17
Pro

marconi101 wrote:
Probably refunding my Black Ops game. Multiplayer is an absolute embarrassment, shit graphics, shit guns, shit maps, shit everything. The biggest fail game of the decade, and to think I was looking forward to it. The last Treyarch game I'm ever buying

Just a bit over the top :lol:

I recon the guns and all the attachment/addons are pretty good, the maps imo are far better than MW2, they were terrible in that game. I think it will be better on my end when they fix up the stuttering issues. Ill make up my mind after they release a patch or two.
pimpsta
pimpsta
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

The maps are too small, you cant go anywhere without running into someone
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Benjo wrote:
Nico wrote:
Can't wait to give NBA2K11 a go.

This. looks mint. I'll have to have a look at Live as well, but even though Live has the Great graphics the 2K series always has the gameplay.

I got this the on Friday. Its fucking awesome. So much of an improvement from NBA2K10 (which was a very solid game also). Its probably the biggest improvement of a year to year sports game I've played. The player movements are great and I'm really into the whole Jordan campaign thing. Its a really fun game. Far more realistic than 2k10. The best basketball game ever. Don't bother with Live.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend

I'll keep that in mind for Xmas.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search