marconi's Games Thread

marconi's Games Thread

Author
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I've started playing a bit of COD again. Basically just hanging out for GT5 for now.
macktheknife
macktheknife
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
Officially over MW2. The bullshit has taken 8 months but it has finally got to me.

Haha, I was just about to start playing it again. What got to you?

Spawns and the Lightweight/Marathon/Commando set-up absolutely shit me to tears. How a knife is a one-hit kill yet a shotgun bullet isn't I'll never understand, also the sniper fanboys with names like 'Xx-QuiKSnipez-xX' bullshit me every time

I'm now only ever gonna use my rocket or my Spas just to release my anger :)

TBF, I've seen plenty of one hit kills from shotguns. And in the end, all through FPS history the 'Melee' attack has been a one hit kill. why should this be any different.

I do understand your point though.

Not really. Well, it never used to be, at least when the melee was a specific weapon. The gauntlet in Quake wasn't ever one hit kill, nor was the knife in counter-strike (unless you do an alt stab attack in their back), and I'm pretty sure the melee in Halo isn't an instant kill either.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Yeah, I sorta went back and thought about it after I posted and realised that it really wasn't true.
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

CoD is all about the Snipers and the p2000 or whatever it's called.

I have been playing my wii thou lately, just for something diff to the xbox.
Mario Galaxy / Red Steel 2 <3
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

macktheknife wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
Officially over MW2. The bullshit has taken 8 months but it has finally got to me.

Spawns and the Lightweight/Marathon/Commando set-up absolutely shit me to tears. How a knife is a one-hit kill yet a shotgun bullet isn't I'll never understand, also the sniper fanboys with names like 'Xx-QuiKSnipez-xX' bullshit me every time

TBF, I've seen plenty of one hit kills from shotguns. And in the end, all through FPS history the 'Melee' attack has been a one hit kill. why should this be any different.

Not really. Well, it never used to be, at least when the melee was a specific weapon. The gauntlet in Quake wasn't ever one hit kill, nor was the knife in counter-strike (unless you do an alt stab attack in their back), and I'm pretty sure the melee in Halo isn't an instant kill either.

Just shoot them before there near you #-o
ducky42
ducky42
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

Has anyone got the new Medal of Honour? Is it any good?
Vaughn2111
Vaughn2111
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Hawks wrote:
macktheknife wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
marconi101 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
marconi101 wrote:

Just shoot them before there near you #-o

Or just RPG/AT4 the ground when you see 'em coming.
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Playing Final Fantasy 8. Shit is so good eleven years later.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I've created a new PS3 account. For those who want to add me, because I've lost all my old friends, it's Benjo_301294
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Been just a bit addicted to Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights.

Will also be buying one of F1 2010 or Rugby League live on Tuesday.
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro

avy1990 wrote:
Been just a bit addicted to Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights.

Will also be buying one of F1 2010 or Rugby League live on Tuesday.

I have the Rugby League live game, it's pretty fun with mates, useless solo and the graphics look like a poor ps2 game.
That said, I do give it and Fifa a thrashing whenever i got mates over.
blakroz13
blakroz13
Rising Star
Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)

Got fallout new vegas last week... Pretty good - it feels like an add on to Fallout 3 but still well worth the $... Also got Civ 5 - thats pretty good too... Havent spent much time on it though...
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

For those who have played:
Fallout 3
Killzone 2
Mafia 2

Do I need to play the previous games in the series to have a full understanding of these, or can I just pick up and go from these 3?
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro

Fallout 3 is a complete stand alone game, not sure about the others.
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro

Installing the FM11 A league demo now to see if it will work on my lappy before I buy the new one =D.

I think I'll be Gold Coast and see how they do the crowd numbers.
buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Hawks wrote:
Installing the FM11 A league demo now to see if it will work on my lappy before I buy the new one =D.

Probably more relevant to the FM Discussion thread
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro

buddha69 wrote:
Hawks wrote:

Probably more relevant to the FM Discussion thread

Ty for your input thread police,
pimpsta
pimpsta
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

:lol: :lol:
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
For those who have played:
Fallout 3
Killzone 2
Mafia 2

Do I need to play the previous games in the series to have a full understanding of these, or can I just pick up and go from these 3?

If you haven't played Fallout 1&2, I highly, highly recommend doing so anyway, before or after you play 3 & New Vegas... absolutely classic games that hold up well.

But you definitely don't need to have played them - there's no story arc you'll be missing out on.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Can't wait to give NBA2K11 a go.
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro

New call of duty tonight, yew yew
buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

Hawks wrote:

Midnight release, heaps excited
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

Gonna wait till I've heard feedback before i pick it up. IIRC, everyone was this excited about World At War, and it fell flat on its face.
Hawks
Hawks
Semi-Pro

buddha69 wrote:
Hawks wrote:

Console or PC?
I'm picking this one up for 360 because I had a pretty good time on MW2 on it.

Quote:
Gonna wait till I've heard feedback before i pick it up. IIRC, everyone was this excited about World At War, and it fell flat on its face.

I will be happy if it's just MW2 with some new content, never played any of the other ones as i usually don't like shoot em ups
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Haven't even played MW2 yet :lol: :lol:

So many other games out there for me to play. I'll play it one day, just not in an immense rush to play it. COD1 was probably the best one in the series for me.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:

Tbh the graphics look a bit shit

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

marconi101 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

Tbh the graphics look a bit shit

Yeah, I noticed that too in one of the vids I watched as well. And I dunno. There's just something about the AI and Online play of MW that I just love above all us. Nothing else has come close to it for me, so I'm not holding my breath.
buddha69
buddha69
World Class

Hawks wrote:
buddha69 wrote:
Hawks wrote:

Console or PC?
I'm picking this one up for 360 because I had a pretty good time on MW2 on it.

Quote:

I will be happy if it's just MW2 with some new content, never played any of the other ones as i usually don't like shoot em ups

360 mate.
Benjo
Benjo
Legend

Nico wrote:
Can't wait to give NBA2K11 a go.

This. looks mint. I'll have to have a look at Live as well, but even though Live has the Great graphics the 2K series always has the gameplay.

Madden 11 is pretty awesome as well.

Brother has pre-ordered black ops. I'm not going on it till after exams though.

Btw, if anyone wants to add my new psn details, they are benjo_301294. For PS3.

Edited by benjo: 8/11/2010 10:50:50 PM
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I think I'm the only 16 year old teenager in the world who has no interest at all about the new cod. :lol:
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search