Newcastle Jerks Supporters - 24/02/08

Newcastle Jerks Supporters - 24/02/08

Author
Jets_Fan
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Anchor Man (defend) wrote:
Having lots of ordinary players in one position =/= depth.

Seeing as the thread's bumped, would we rather The club signed a few players in january to try and salvage this season or not bother and try to start as fresh as possible for next season?

After this arvo, I vote for the latter

Would definitely rather they sign someone know, another central defender for cover at least and another good DM now that Kanta won't be back for a while.
ryan2008
ryan2008
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Jets_Fan wrote:
Having lots of ordinary players in one position =/= depth.

Seeing as the thread's bumped, would we rather The club signed a few players in january to try and salvage this season or not bother and try to start as fresh as possible for next season?

After this arvo, I vote for the latter

Would definitely rather they sign someone know, another central defender for cover at least and another good DM now that Kanta won't be back for a while.

Just read earlier he had to have surgery for his injury, what I'd assume last month?

Anyone know when he is expected back?

Edited by ryan2008: 19/1/2011 09:53:23 PM
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Kanta's out for the season

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

ryan2008
ryan2008
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
marconi101 wrote:
Kanta's out for the season

Hopefully right for the u20 WC. :cool: Optimistic?
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

I do remember that his injury was rumoured to be a 6 - 8 month one, so do your math ;)

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

* Red shows contract ending this year.

Newcastle Jets Squad for 2011/2012 Season

1. Ben Kennedy (contracted till June 2012)
2. Taylor Regan (contracted till June 2013)
3. Adam D'Apuzzo (contracted till June 2011)(Youth Marquee)
4. Nikolai Topor-Stanley (contracted until June 2011)
6. Ben Kanterovski (contracted till June 2012) (u21)
7. Kasey Wehrman (contracted till June 2012)
8. Michael Bridges (contracted till June 2012)(Marquee)
9. Zhang Shuo (contracted till June 2011)
10. Ruben Zadkovich (contracted till June 2013)
11. Tarek Elrich (contracted till June 2012)
12. Jobe Wheelhouse (contracted until June 2011)
13. Sasho Petrovski (contracted until June 2011)
14. Labinot Haliti (contracted till June 2012)
15. Sean Rooney (contracted until June 2011)
16. Jeremie Brockie (contracted till June 2012)
17. Marcello Fiorentini (contracted till June 2011)
18. Marko Jesic (contracted till June 2011)
19. Ali Abbas Al-Hilfi (contracted till June 2011)
20. Neil Young (contracted till June 2011)
21. Brodie Mooy (contracted until June 2011)
22. Kaz Patafta (contracted until June 2011)
23. Ryan Griffiths (contracted till June 2012)
25. Sam Gallaway (contracted till June 2013)
26. James Virgili (contracted till June 2013)

Replacement Players
40. Matthew Nash (GK) (injury replacement contract)

Outgoing Players
Confirmed
Ljubo Milicevic (released)
Francis Jeffers (Guest Contract completed)

Incoming Players
Confirmed
Chris Payne (North Queensland Fury) contracted till June 2013

Rumoured
Oscar Gamarra
Kevin Phillips (Birmingham)
Paul Scholes (Man United)
Michael Owen (Man United)
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Stole that from the Newcastle football website.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Keep Wheelhouse, Puzz, Jesic, Ali and maybe the Italian. Honestly can't split between Youngy and Nash

Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

marconi101 wrote:
Keep Wheelhouse, Puzz, Jesic, Ali and maybe the Italian. Honestly can't split between Youngy and Nash

Pretty much agree.

Still think that puzz should be relegated to squad player and we get in a proper left back.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Puzz is young and most importantly Australian, can't think of any available players that can replace him

cardiff10
cardiff10
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

We need to keep Youngy simply because he deserves it. After exploding into the first team and pretty much inspiring our players to turn their season around, he got kicked in the nose and ended up fighting for his life. He's spent this whole season in the stands, only returning last week to the youth team. He definately deserves to have another year extension on his contract just so that he has the chance to repay the faith shown in him. We need to get rid of Mooy, Rooney and Zhang. Bring in a young, fast, non-injury prone international & australian marquee. With Tinkler's money, it really isn't unrealistic to want that. We should already be looking for two more centre backs to cover Ljubo and Topor if he leaves, and if he doesn't it's always important to have cover for every position.
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Yea what happened to this Oscar guy? Was supposed to arrive like last week. Out of those players I'd only be looking at keeping Wheelhouse, Dapuzzo, Topor, Abbas and Young.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Gamarra missed his flight. No joke, that's what actually happened

Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

So he's not coming over at all anymore?
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

I thought there were visa issues as well.

Trusty old jets messing up visas
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

On another note. How do you guys feel about the changing of colours to red and blue?
Jets_Fan
Jets_Fan
Pro

Depends what they do with the kit. Our away kit is sexy.
Blackmac79
Blackmac79
Pro

If we go red and blue stripes at home, i will buy 10 reebok gold kits and rotate them.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Red & blue should be implemented in some form but stick with the gold because it's our image

Anchor Man (defend)
Anchor Man (defend)
Hacker
Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)

Blackmac79 wrote:
On another note. How do you guys feel about the changing of colours to red and blue?

I've grown to like the gold but it makes sense to change if only because we're playing in a red and blue stadium. It should go to a members vote or something though.
MidfieldMaestro
MidfieldMaestro
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Blackmac79 wrote:

Before our colours were announced, I was hoping for this, to carry the colours of the old Newcastle United team. I was a bit baffled gold was chosen, but we have come this far in gold colours. It is our identity. The gold colours were cemented into Newcastle history the day this city finally had a national champion. I wouldn't mind seeing red and blue as our away strip. But if it gets changed, it'd be a bit disappointing, but it wouldn't kill me, I guess.
NinjaFC
NinjaFC
Hacker
Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)

I'm not a Newcastle fan, but....

The Gold looks cheesy. Red and Blue would look much better, and the colours are synonymous with the Hunter anyways. I was baffled when they didn't start off with 'em at the start.

It's not like they're changing the name or anything.
Anchor Man (defend)
Anchor Man (defend)
Hacker
Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)Hacker (375 reputation)

NinjaFC wrote:

The Gold looks cheesy. Red and Blue would look much better, and the colours are synonymous with the Hunter anyways. I was baffled when they didn't start off with 'em at the start.

They're synonymous with the knights.
NinjaFC
NinjaFC
Hacker
Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)Hacker (484 reputation)

NinjaFC wrote:

And the Knights are synonymous with the Newcastle sporting community.

I think it's a good idea for A-League teams in parochial towns like Newcastle to associate themselves with the already established teams.
Gunners Shot Stopper
Gunners Shot Stopper
Super Fan
Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)

Jets_Fan wrote:
Yea what happened to this Oscar guy? Was supposed to arrive like last week. Out of those players I'd only be looking at keeping Wheelhouse, Dapuzzo, Topor, Abbas and Young.

yeah same, i wouldnt resign any of the other off contract players

Edited by Gunners Shot Stopper: 6/2/2011 03:57:39 PM
Gunners Shot Stopper
Gunners Shot Stopper
Super Fan
Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)Super Fan (129 reputation)

Marcello Fiorentini will not be resigned for next season

he just posted on facebook he'll be leaving on the 7th of march

tbh he's a cheap squad player and he looked ok, i think he's probs worth keeping

then again i'm not gunna lose any sleep over him leaving
danp638
danp638
Rising Star
Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)

NinjaFC wrote:
NinjaFC wrote:

And the Knights are synonymous with the Newcastle sporting community.

I think it's a good idea for A-League teams in parochial towns like Newcastle to associate themselves with the already established teams.

should just change the name to Newcatle knights soccer club too aye.

Its a joke, the knights shat on newcastle tradition when they picked the red & blue, why should the jets do the same, seperate teams seperate identity, Forever Gold!!!
NinjaFC
NinjaFC
Hacker

It's not like Red and Blue are foreign colours to the Jets; they're the predominate colours on your badge, and they're on your jersey already.

The Gold kit is by far the worse kit in the league, and as an outsider I'm pleased they're ditching it.
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Gold is who we are. If we were to change our colours it should be back to the original Brown and Green.

Gold or GTRO.

for 6 years we have been gold, we are not the Breakers, or then United of old we are a new team made from the ashes of the old. Returning to the Blue and Red (shitty boring uninspired colours if you ask me) we may as well just say Rugby League is the first and formost important football code and we are just a second string outfit.

We have an Identity it should be preserved by any mean necessary.
danp638
danp638
Rising Star
Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)Rising Star (827 reputation)

rocknerd wrote:
Gold is who we are. If we were to change our colours it should be back to the original Brown and Green.

Gold or GTRO.

for 6 years we have been gold, we are not the Breakers, or then United of old we are a new team made from the ashes of the old. Returning to the Blue and Red (shitty boring uninspired colours if you ask me) we may as well just say Rugby League is the first and formost important football code and we are just a second string outfit.

We have an Identity it should be preserved by any mean necessary.

If the change was to be made to reflect the breakers or even united then fine but its not, its simply to look like the knights. Why give up a good identity? Why give up a unique colour? Why would we even care what outsiders think of OUR colours? Why would we change our unique strip that clashes with few teams to one that clashes with many?Why would we abandon a colour that represents our championship for a combo that means nothing to us?

If anything I'd rather change the badge then the colours, if we are to change colours why not Emerald & cinnamon the traditional Newcastle colours. Colours that would pay respect to early Newcastle history, colours that at least have history in Newcastle football.

Edited by danp638: 8/2/2011 11:08:30 AM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search