*Official* AFL (Australian Football League) Thread

*Official* AFL (Australian Football League) Thread

Author
raspberryticklebear
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Funky Munky wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:
We're a Fevola leaving and a new list away from being a contender. It's going to be a few dark years.

Fuck Yeah, let's kick out our second leading goalscorer, that'll help.

Of course Fevola is an extremely talented, and therefore near legendary player, but his inconsistency and failure to live up to what he really can is costly. As Scouse said, he can perform freakish moves and has some bloody legendary games, but he misses from close, and sometimes he just has plain stinkers.

Mix this with the fact that he is a wanker off the park, and gets into all sorts of trouble, wasn't he in a gambling charade not long ago? He brings bad news, not really what Brisbane need

But hey, i'm not exactly an AFL expert, just what I think
Black Jack
Black Jack
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)Hardcore Fan (247 reputation)

Shaker wrote:
Hawks Premiers 2011
I dont know much about AFL. I couldnt tell you the difference between a mark and a behind. But I do know that what youve posted is a load of shit.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

fev is a good player but like rtb has said he is a wanker of it ! met him a few times he is a very likeable bloke but he does put u off with all that smugness !! if he got his life in order he be a legend but in saying that, some players can go on being legends ie ablett snr and carey
UnitedGal
UnitedGal
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

davidtorres wrote:
Yes, yes I am. :)

That makes three of us :D

No I wasnt born in queensland its just I never liked either Port / Crows and being a typical girl tweeny I was so in love with Lynchy when he was playing :p

On foxsports website they had a 'All I want for Christmas' blog allowing readers to put what they think various sports teams/peope wanted under the tree. Being a mad footy fan, I did my own of what I though AFL teams would want for Christmas and sent it in to them.....Apologies to the fans of teams I missed out on - hope you can add to my list!

I think they would want....

Collingwood would want more of the same, Essendon and West Coast to have some sort of resemblence to a midfield, Richmond want a second goal kicker, Gold Coast need extra sunscreen & tourist guides for the Gold Coast to give to their insterstate recruits, Geelong some leaking boat repairer and a voodoo doll for Thompson & Ablett wouldnt go astry, Bulldogs want to win a prelim final, Saint Kilda need luck in a Grand Final and not to have the police visit next season, Fremantle for a finals win in Melbourne & not to have injuries to Pavlich or Sandilands, my beloved Brisbane Lions we want no Fevola headlines plus an extra defender & a crumbing forward, North Melboune would rather have cash then presents and last but not least Melbourne would like improvement from their kids and better luck & health for Jimmy Stynes (AFL wise I have to admit thats all I want this Christmas!)

What we will get in 2011 is anyones guess - Bring it on I say!
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Onya UnitedGal! :D
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Quote:
Saints, police in nude photo probe

Al Paton From: Herald Sun December 20, 2010 2:29PM

UPDATE 5.29pm: THE girl who has posted explicit photos of St Kilda players on Facebook says in her profile that she loves to cause trouble.
The Saints are in damage control and AFL players have expressed outrage after two lewd photos were posted on a Facebook page today.

The first photo was of two players, one nude and the other in his underwear, and the second photo was an explicit image of a third player.

The girl who owns the Facebook page where the photos have been posted says in her profile information: "I like to f--- s--- up, nothing's normal in my life, and that's how I like it! ...I cause trouble; BEWARE."

Earlier this afternoon the Saints released a statement saying they were in talks with Victoria Police and the club's lawyers after the first photo appeared on Facebook.

The photo was removed after the statement was released, but it has been replaced by a semi-naked image of another St Kilda player.

The photos were posted by the same girl who made a complaint against two St Kilda players not featured in the photos earlier this year. The teenager claimed she fell pregnant after having sex with players she first met during a school visit.

An AFL investigation into the schoolgirl sex claims found the AFL players had not acted inappropriately and no police charges were laid.

The photos are branded with the words: "Merry Christmas courtesy of the St Kilda schoolgirl."

It is not clear who took the photo or under what circumstances.

The girl who posted the photos has allegedly tried to sell the images to several media outlets.

"St Kilda Football Club has been made aware of an image of two of its players, which has been posted on the internet," the Saints said in a statement.

"The club can confirm that the image was not distributed with the players’ consent.

"The club can also confirm that the photo was not taken by the person responsible for posting it online and believes that it was obtained illegally.

"As the matter is subject to discussions between St Kilda Football Club, Victoria Police and its legal representatives, the club is not in a position to make any further comment at this stage."

The AFL Players Association said footballers were entitled to the same privacy as other members of the community.

"Players are outraged at the gross invasion of privacy committed today. They are sick and tired of being seen as ‘fair game’ by some in the community," the statement said.

"Just like any other person, AFL players have a right to have their privacy protected.

"This latest incident adds further weight to calls for stronger legal protection for high-profile people who are subjected to these kinds of seemingly malicious actions.

"Publicising this activity can encourage further gross breaches of privacy, creating a vicious cycle where players’ reputations are unfairly damaged."

Police said they had been advised that the posting of the photo was a civil matter.

"We are aware of the activity in regards to Facebook,’’ a spokesman said.

"We are advised by the courts that this is civil matter between the parties involved.’’

- with Anthony Dowsley

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-police-in-photo-probe/story-e6frf9jf-1225973940526

Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

This is the same girl? Wow, what a fucking slut

Not looking forward to next season. Eagles to look ok early, only to fail spectacularly. Don't think we'll go back-to-back, but I'm thinking 14th or 13th at best. Natinui is the most overrated player. Exciting and athletic, but very, very raw. And yet every time he touches the ball, the commentators start jizzing over him.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Quote:
The first photo was of two players, one nude and the other in his underwear, and the second photo was an explicit image of a third player.

Seen both of them. The 2nd on is her FB Photo :lol:.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Funky Munky wrote:
Quote:

Inbox linkage :lol:
Benjo
Benjo
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:
Quote:

Inbox linkage :lol:

i would also like to see this.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

I'm not doing it on here. You've both got me on FB:p
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

No need. Found it :lol:
Benjo
Benjo
Legend

Fucking typical as soon as Funkysends me the message, my facebook decides to kill itself.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Oh yes! One of my most hated players :d
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

She's apparently claimed she has 22 pictures, 3 of Saints players, and 19 from other clubs. WTF.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Yeah from her twitter. "I'm not just a one or two trick(photo) pony!!! I'm a 21 TRICK PONY MY BEAUTIES!!!!!!" :lol:
buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

avy1990 wrote:

S.Milne?
Felixx_17
Felixx_17
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Bloody hell do how do they get in these situations? Now another media shit storm for another week FFS.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

buddha69 wrote:
avy1990 wrote:

S.Milne?

Nah, he's my most hated. Picture is of someone defo in my top 3 hated. Dunno if we can say names etc. :p
Victory>Heart
Victory>Heart
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

This will fly by and as soon as 1 flare is lit 3 page news in the paper
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Quote:
Carlton, Sydney players next targets in photo scandal, says girl

Anthony Dowsley, Amelia Harris From: Herald Sun December 22, 2010 12:00AM

THE girl at the centre of the AFL photo storm says she will not be silenced and has vowed to post more scandalous pictures on the internet.
Last night she said the next lot of photos to be released would be of Carlton and Sydney players.

This came as she pledged to continue taking revenge on St Kilda, a club she says mistreated her, and as Nick Riewoldt told of his devastation at a nude picture of him with semi-naked teammate Zac Dawson posted on the girl's Facebook page.

The saga also has the potential to rip at the fabric of the Saints after Riewoldt could not hide his displeasure with teammate Sam Gilbert, who he said had not deleted the photos taken in a Miami hotel more than a year ago.

Gilbert last night apologised to Riewoldt and the club for his part in the drama.

Part of the damaging content the 17-year-old girl plans to upload is a video she claims she has taken of AFL players in compromising positions.

She told the Herald Sun she was involved in group sex with AFL players, none of whose pictures have been released.

A Facebook conversation purported to be between the girl and an AFL player discussing a group sex session has been obtained by the Herald Sun.

Riewoldt yesterday denied he knew of the group sex claims.

"I've got no idea about that," he said.

"It's not part of our culture and I'm not aware of any text messages."

Although the teenager did not post any more revealing photos in the wake of a Federal Court order banning her and Facebook from exhibiting images, she says she is determined to keep posting images when things "cool down".

She said she was also dismayed at Riewoldt's version of events that led to the photos being posted.

"It's all incorrect," she said.

"After I heard the press conference I literally punched the wall. He just read a statement from a piece of paper."

She maintains she took the photos at a Melbourne hotel herself and downloaded them from Gilbert's laptop.

"I just want everybody to know the truth," she said.

The girl says she was offered hush money by a football contact: "I was originally offered money ... to like just not speak to any media about it." She said the amount was $20,000.

The girl, who cannot be named, said she didn't want her Twitter site pulled down by transmitting more images.

Player manager Ricky Nixon says lawyers have been engaged in a potential civil case and matters have been referred to police.

Meanwhile, Riewoldt, 28, told a packed press conference yesterday he had never met the girl who posted the images.

"If I'd done something wrong I'd be happy to cop that, but I've done nothing wrong," he said.

"I'm not going to be the victim to this sort of garbage. I'm going to move on and enjoy Christmas with my family."

Riewoldt said Gilbert took the photo on a holiday in Miami more than 12 months ago.

He said he was disappointed the defender and fellow Queenslander didn't delete the photo immediately when
asked to.

"I asked that it be deleted then and there and clearly it wasn't and I'm bitterly disappointed at my teammate for that," he said.

He was made aware the photo still existed several weeks ago and saw it for the first time on Monday.

Riewoldt said he had no association with the teen who published the now infamous photo and no idea what her motives were.

"For the record I have never met the person who posted my photograph. A person who I have no association with caused great distress to me, my girlfriend and family," he said.

Riewoldt and Gilbert have said "not a lot" about the controversial photo.

'I think it's up to him to approach me, to be honest," Riewoldt said.

He would consider his legal options in the next few days.

A separate photo of St Kilda star Nick Dal Santo also appeared on the Facebook page.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-sydney-players-next-targets-in-photo-scandal-says-girl/story-e6frf9jf-1225974667306

Victory>Heart
Victory>Heart
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Oh my.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

Uh oh. Sydney players? :(
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

I'm more interested in a photo of the girl :lol:
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

Her pic is in the Whos Hot thread... lol
pimpsta
pimpsta
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

She is a bloody smart girl, she knew exactly what she was doing in case she got fucked over, which she being a soon to be single mum she did,

my question is to you mr Sam Gilbert WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE NUDE PICS OF YOUR MATES ON YOUR PHONE/PC?
UnitedGal
UnitedGal
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

I think she is blufing about the non saints players

I think they were all a bit stupid - whatever happend to taking responsiblity for your actions..i mean they dont just appear out of thin air do they

surely there is better AFL news out there

Edited by UnitedGal: 22/12/2010 08:00:40 PM
raspberryticklebear
raspberryticklebear
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

pimpsta wrote:
She is a bloody smart girl

:-s Is 'bitch' the new 'smart'?

This whole thing is getting ridiculous. Doesn't deserve front page news FFS!

Edited by raspberryticklebear: 22/12/2010 08:05:58 PM
UnitedGal
UnitedGal
Semi-Pro

to be fair they dont show it if we dont read it....
Joffa
Joffa
Legend

Quote:
Talks on AFL blockblusters in limbo

Katharine Murphy
December 22, 2010 - 12:57PM

WEEKS of industry talks have failed to come up with a concrete mechanism to stop AFL bockbusters drifting to pay television, leaving the Gillard government's sports broadcasting policy in limbo until 2011.

While industry sources insist agreement on a deed or regulation is close, The Age understands talks have been suspended until after the Christmas break.

Communications Minister Stephen Conroy will announce later today that the government will leave eight football games — four AFL matches and four NRL matches — destined for pay television, protected on the anti-siphoning list until agreement within the industry is reached.

The anti-siphoning policy, announced by Senator Conroy in late November, will see pay television able for the first time to bid directly for the eight matches rather than having to source them through free-to-air television.

The government has promised the policy shift will not see AFL blockbusters locked up by pay TV but has been unable to provide detail about how the matches will be selected.

Industry talks have continued since the November 25 announcement but the AFL and the broadcasters have been unable to resolve whether the agreement will be set out in a deed or via a regulation.

It was decided last night to suspend discussions until after the Christmas break.

The government has been under pressure from the Greens to come up with a water-tight mechanism to ensure free TV viewers don't lose the best football games and the Greens have threatened to legislate if there aren't sufficient protections in the package.

The anti-siphoning list that reserves premium sporting events for free TV expires at the end of the month.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/talks-on-afl-blockblusters-in-limbo-20101222-1952c.html

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search