The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Full name:    Brisbane Roar Football Club

Nickname(s):   The Roar, Roar-celona [1]
Founded:   1957, as Hollandia Inala Soccer Club
Ground:   Suncorp Stadium
(Capacity: 52,500)
Chairman: Dali Tahir
Managing Director: What's that?
Manager: John "The Messiah" Aloisi
League:   A-League

HONOURS

A-League

2010-11 - A-league Premiers Plate
2010-11 - A-league Grand Final Winners
2011-12 - A-league Grand Final Winners
2013-14 - A-League Premiers Plate
2013-14 - A-League Grand Final Winners

W-League

2008-09 - Premiers Plate Winners
2008-09 - Grand Final Winners
2009 - Grand Final Runners Up
2010-11 - Premiers Plate Runners up
2010-11 - Grand Final Winners
2011-12 - Premiers Plate Runners Up
2011-12 - Grand Final Runners Up
2012-13 - W-League Premiers
2013-14 - Grand Final Runners UP

NYL

2011 - Grand Final Runners Up

Edited by zimbos_05: 29/6/2015 03:44:26 AM

Edited by zimbos_05: 7/7/2016 08:15:46 PM
Edited
8 Years Ago by zimbos_05
blakroz13
blakroz13
Rising Star
Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)Rising Star (954 reputation)

None yet but will probably get along to tomorrow nights one at Rochedale...
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

I went to couple of the first pre-season games but haven't been able to make the last few. I'll be headnig dead to see the game against Rochdale tomorrow night though.

As you'd expect, we've been dominating possession in the games that I've seen, but wasting a lot of goal scoring opportunities (although that was even when Kosta was still playing). On a positive note, the goals that we have scored have been shared around by a lot of players. If you haven't seen them I'd suggest watching the highlights on the PaulyTV website.

I haven't been hugely impressed by any of the trialists. On the other hand, Luke Bratten has been playing good and I'm confident having him as a backup for Paartalu. It'll be good to see how the Bahraini trialist goes (assuming he gets game time) tomorrow night.

We still have a number of Visa spots and a clear need for another striking option (or two) so I'm hoping Ange fills the spot/s soon. He mentioned at the Fan Forum that they were already looking at options to replace Kosta.

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

blakroz13 wrote:

hoping i can go for that one too. Only problem is it falls smack bang in the middle of training, so its a tough one for me.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

blakroz13 wrote:

double post

Edited by zimbos_05: 26/7/2011 10:17:05 AM
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

According to an article in the Courier Mail today Lyall Gorman is in discussions with the Clem Jones Group and an Asian businessman regarding stake holdings in the Roar . I like the idea of more than one owner. It also reiterates that FFA are confident that we will have new owners before the season starts in October.I assume these are the potential owners they are courting.
dave_saves
dave_saves
Super Fan
Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)

Geria has been quite good when Franjic has been injured, but with Hingert's arrival I think Geria might have to be content with a youth contract (if he's eligable, not sure though) or as a squaddie.

Hingert and Jurman were fantastic against the Ipswich XI but it was an invitational side so I think they'd have been easier to break down given they'd have had much less time to gel as a unit. The Rochedale game will be a much sterner test of how well they are going.

Looking forward to tomorrow nights game, especially to see the Bahrani trialist. If he performs I've got no doubt Ange will snap him up with the Asian player requirement covered for the ACL as a bonus.

Just waiting on the arrival of a striker and we'll be all set to go back-to-back \:d/
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Geria is already signed as an nyl player Dave.

Hingert looked terrific against Ipswich... fitting in well so far it seems
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
According to an article in the Courier Mail today Lyall Gorman is in discussions with the Clem Jones Group and an Asian businessman regarding stake holdings in the Roar . I like the idea of more than one owner. It also reiterates that FFA are confident that we will have new owners before the season starts in October.I assume these are the potential owners they are courting.

Eugenie confirmed at the fan forum that the new owners will be a group of investors as opposed to a single rich owner. She also said that talks were going well and we should hear 'something' in the next few weeks.

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Scouse has got me intrigued on who this beast of striker might be.
dave_saves
dave_saves
Super Fan
Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:

Ahh ok, good to know. Could be a handy player to fill in the gaps if we're hit with a few injuries back there.
G-Star
G-Star
Hacker
Hacker (324 reputation)Hacker (324 reputation)Hacker (324 reputation)Hacker (324 reputation)Hacker (324 reputation)Hacker (324 reputation)Hacker (324 reputation)Hacker (324 reputation)Hacker (324 reputation)Hacker (324 reputation)Hacker (324 reputation)

Quote:

Message from Brisbane Roar CEO Eugenie Buckley - 75 days to go
75 days

Today marks 75 days to the kick-off of what promises to be an exciting Hyundai A-League season for the club.

Everyone at the club has been working hard behind the scenes to ensure the Hyundai A-League 2011/12 campaign is a success both on and off the field.

Off the field we’ve appointed Ben Mannion (dobusiness@brisbaneroar.com.au), previous CEO of Retail Radio, as our Corporate Sales Manager and launched our Corporate Hospitality packages.

Our corporate packages are the most affordable at Suncorp Stadium and provide a fantastic business entertainment option over the summer.

On Thursday night, we kick off the Brisbane Roar Corporate Networking Series with Head Coach Ange Postecoglou.

The networking drinks will be an opportunity for our corporate contacts to hear Ange’s philosophy on building a championship-winning team and to network with like-minded business people.

Response to the launch of our Corporate Hospitality has been encouraging and with Ben on board, we’re confident of a strong corporate contribution to the Suncorp Stadium experience this season.

Last week we held our first Brisbane Roar Fan Forum at Southbank with Ange Postecoglou, Matt McKay and myself on the panel to answer questions submitted by fans through social media as well as those in the audience.

Through our Twitter account (@brisbaneroar), we were able to keep those unable to attend up-to-date with all the questions and answers from the 90-minute session.

The experience was extremely positive, as was the feedback we received.

Contributions submitted prior to the event and questions asked on the night provided a great insight into how strongly our fans connect to the club.

There were also some fantastic suggestions from the floor at the conclusion of the night which we have taken away and will endeavour to implement where applicable.

As a follow up, the club’s administration staff held their own “Ideas and Beers” evening to generate some fresh concepts to promote the club.

There were some interesting ideas thrown around, so keep your eyes and ears open for some of the results in the next couple of months!

The club hosted an Asian Football Confederation delegation earlier in the month and were able to give them a good sense about what it means to be a Queenslander.

Whilst there was a serious side to the delegation’s visit, they were in the country to assess facilities and structures ahead of a review of the AFC Champions League, they also had the chance to witness history in the making at Suncorp Stadium where the Maroons clinched their sixth State of Origin series win and sent Darren Lockyer into representative retirement as a winner.

While talking of Asia, I’m happy to let you know that Linglong Tyres have renewed their sponsorship of the club on improved terms.

Linglong Tyres in the top three tyre manufacturers in China, we are proud of our association with Linglong and are excited about the further links into Asia this relationship can facilitate.

On the field, our pre-season program of matches has continued as the club continues to take football out into the local community.

A highlight over the past month was our match at North Ipswich Reserve against an Ipswich Invitational side which comprised players from the three largest clubs in the region – Ipswich City, Western Spirit and Ipswich Knights.

A solid 3-0 win for Brisbane was complemented by 4000 fans who turned out to see the match, underlining the interest in football and your club in south east Queensland.

Paul Trimboli also joins the team next week as General Manager, Football and his contribution to both the Football Department and Administration Department will be a welcome addition.

We also cheered on the Westfield Matildas as they made the quarterfinals of the recently completed FIFA Women’s World Cup in Germany and on the back of those performances they have cracked the FIFA top-10 for the first time.

The eight Brisbane Roar representatives did us all proud and we look forward to watching Tom Sermanni continue to develop his young squad into a world power in women’s football.

Over the next month we have some key local fixtures against Rochedale Rovers, Wynnum Wolves and Brisbane Strikers and just around the corner are fixtures against Hyundai A-League clubs as the build up to the new season continues.

I’d like to thank you for your ongoing support of the club and look forward to seeing you at one of or upcoming pre-season fixtures.

Eugenie Buckley
Brisbane Roar CEO

Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
A thread for all your brand new fans! I know you've got plenty now...
WaMackie
WaMackie
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
GO THE ROAR IN 2011/12 FUCK ALL YOU SOUTHENERS AND INVADERS OF OUR STATE.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

cbowden9000 wrote:

:lol: Not too many new fans in this thread... all oldies. ;)
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

cbowden9000 wrote:

weve got a spot just for you too.
buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

You did not look too hard

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=38481&p=4
roosroar
roosroar
Amateur
Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:

Hingert looked terrific against Ipswich... fitting in well so far it seems

x2 was so impressed about how seamlessly he fitted into the line-up. A very useful back-up for Franjic- good depth.
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Quote:
Roar ready for Rochedale
Tuesday, 26 July 2011

As the Brisbane Roar squad prepares for the training fixture against Rochedale Rovers tomorrow night, versatile defender Matt Mundy has backed his former club to provide the Hyundai A-League champions with a real challenge on the field.

Mundy played two seasons at Underwood Park before signing as a Brisbane Roar player in the inaugural National Youth League season and has since stepped up to fill a role in the club’s Hyundai A-League squad, providing Head Coach Ange Postecoglou with a reliable, defensive option at his disposal.

Rochedale were the 2010 BPL league title winners before only narrowly losing out in the grand final 1-0 to Wynnum Wolves.

This time around, the Tim Brown-coached side are in a tense battle for second spot, 14 points behind runaway leaders Wolves, but have scored 45 goals after 19 rounds of competition – the third highest tally in the league.

The 24-year-old has been impressive in his role in the back four throughout the early stages of Brisbane’s pre-season campaign and is looking forward to a tough test against his former teammates in tomorrow’s clash.

“Luke (Brattan) and I went back on Friday and saw our old coach there,” Mundy said.

“It will be great to go back and see the boys we used to play with and catch up with them, I always check the paper to see how they are going.

“I’m expecting a big performance from them tomorrow night.”

With almost a game per week until the Hyundai A-League season kicks off in early October, Mundy highlighted the importance of pre-season fixtures in the squad’s pursuit of full fitness and match sharpness.

“The pre-season games are great because we can put into practice what we’re doing on the training field into a game situation,” the Canberra-born player said.

“We’ve been working on a few new rotations and formations, we’re working hard to try and perfect them for the start of the season and it’s all starting to come together.”

Brisbane Roar take on Brisbane Premier League club Rochedale Rovers tomorrow night, Wednesday 27 July, at Underwood Park. Kick-off is at 7pm with player signings from 5-5.50pm. Entry is free.

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=40427

dave_saves
dave_saves
Super Fan

Joffa's posted an article in this one now. That makes it the new official thread :P
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

when you got shit work computers, after a while you just decide its easier to start afresh.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

nice article today about our ownership status. hopefully it gets sorted out soon so we can move on with signings and what not.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Quote:
ISBANE Roar's Brazilian speedster Henrique is adamant his persistent injury problems are not a result of failing to maintain his fitness during the off-season break.

Henrique has struggled since returning to training in May, with quad injuries continuing to disrupt his preparations for the 2011-12 A-League season.

But the 26-year-old attacker said all that mattered was that he was fit for the Roar's opening game of the season against Central Coast at Suncorp Stadium on October 8 .

"I don't need five months to be fit," Henrique said.

"For me I need one month and a half, and that's because I'm an explosive player.

"That's why everyone accepts my injury and gives me time to recover because we have plenty of time to start the season."

However, when he returned from his Brazilian off-season holiday in less than top shape Henrique admitted Roar coach Ange Postecoglou was not happy.

"Ange was a little bit upset, of course," Henrique said.

"But when I go on holiday, I have a holiday.

"The club gave the players a program (for the off season) ... I didn't do it.

"But my injury is not because I didn't do my program. Once I started training, 15 days later I was fit."

Until he hurt his quad on the training paddock.

Then after a six-week recuperation, he re-injured his upper leg in a shooting drill.

"Now we're not saying any day specifically to come back. I'll just come back when I feel 100 per cent because I know the club needs me ... Ange needs me," Henrique said.

The man who scored the winning spot kick in last season's A-League grand final penalty shootout thriller said he felt no added pressure to perform after the departures of fellow forwards Jean Carlos Solorzano (Melbourne Victory) and Kosta Barbarouses (Russia).

"I don't care about who is gone. I will take my responsibility like anybody else here," he said.

"I'm an important player. Hopefully this season is a massive season for me."

Under contract at the Roar until 2013, Henrique isn't thinking about his future beyond his present deal.

"I can't say about a few years, but I can say about today, and I'm very happy," he said.

Henrique will again be watching from the sidelines when the Roar continue their pre-season campaign tonight against Brisbane Premier League club Rochedale Rovers at Underwood Park from 7pm.

Gold Coast United's clash against Queensland State League side Brisbane Strikers that was to be played tonight at Perry Park has been cancelled because the Strikers' QSL match against Sunshine Coast Fire is now on Friday night.

Gold Coast will tonight instead meet Southport in a trial at Ashmore. Kick-off is 7pm.

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

anyone go for the game this evening? Was bummed i couldnt go. Was so close to home, but i had training
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

Didn't go, unfortunately, work kept me long (as I had predicted) and couldn't go.

Tidy 2-0 win though, Fitzgerald with both goals, Adnan getting a run...
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Who's playing the centre striker role for brisbane atm?
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

Fitzgerald has been in pre-season, and doing pretty well at it too. Broich has been spelling there as well.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

Who's Fitzgerald?
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

Triallist with us. Doing pretty well in the few games I've seen and bagged a brace tonight. Not sure how old he is but he's sure in the frame for a contract with us of some description...

Edit: You should know who he is anyway, he used to be a youth team player with you

Edited by scouse_roar: 27/7/2011 11:03:58 PM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search