The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
scouse_roar wrote:
Triallist with us. Doing pretty well in the few games I've seen and bagged a brace tonight. Not sure how old he is but he's sure in the frame for a contract with us of some description...

Edit: You should know who he is anyway, he used to be a youth team player with you

Edited by scouse_roar: 27/7/2011 11:03:58 PM

Not Nicholas Fitzgerald?

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=yleague_profile&pid=1566&tid=266

I've only seen him play CM...

Good on him if he can score a contract though.
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
And he'd be eligible for an NYL contract with us I'm pretty sure.

Handy player by the looks...
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Thought you might be looking at some out-and-out strikers though...
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

We've got something lined up in that department - using our foreign spots wisely ;)
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:
We've got something lined up in that department - using our foreign spots wisely ;)

teasing us again...you naughty fellow :p
Bowden
Bowden
Legend

zimbos_05 wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

Lol don't be fooled. He doesn't know shit.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

cbowden9000 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

yeah, he could just be getting us excited for nothing.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Fitzgerald used to go out with a girl I knew from Uni.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

RobA
RobA
Amateur
Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)

cbowden9000 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

yes. if he knows something then he should put his proverbial on the block and detail it. my instincts tell me it is bs.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

RobA wrote:
cbowden9000 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

yes. if he knows something then he should put his proverbial on the block and detail it. my instincts tell me it is bs.

nice to dream though
LJJD
LJJD
Weekender
Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)Weekender (41 reputation)

Any news on this so called EPL signing ? Not going to reveal what u supposedly know scouse_roar.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

LJJD wrote:
Any news on this so called EPL signing ? Not going to reveal what u supposedly know scouse_roar.

i dont think scouse is going to say anything. Not even in private.

RobA
RobA
Amateur
Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)Amateur (658 reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
LJJD wrote:

i dont think scouse is going to say anything. Not even in private.

if he told you nothing there is a good chance he told you everything he actually knows.
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

As we've seen with the Kewell saga and how over-enthuisiastic Victory fans went haywire in premature ecstasy and then soured on the idea almost immediately, it's not a good idea to put hype or names out there until the club comes out and says something concrete on the matter. Ange is taking care of it, and us. I think simply having a 'high-profile international-based striker' linked is enough for the time being. If they haven't said anything about it and if nobody else is talking about it, there must be a reason for that.

If the player that I've heard comes, it will be good news for us. If we choose not to go down that path and in a different direction, it's Ange's perogative, not mine or anyone else's. And since we actually have a great manager that would have many options lined up, I think it's premature to say anything on one particular person.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

whilst your points and reasoning are very valid, and yes i dont want us to stoop to victory levels, its just all too exciting to hear this and now the eagerness to know is just there.
dave_saves
dave_saves
Super Fan
Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:
As we've seen with the Kewell saga and how over-enthuisiastic Victory fans went haywire in premature ecstasy and then soured on the idea almost immediately, it's not a good idea to put hype or names out there until the club comes out and says something concrete on the matter. Ange is taking care of it, and us. I think simply having a 'high-profile international-based striker' linked is enough for the time being. If they haven't said anything about it and if nobody else is talking about it, there must be a reason for that.

If the player that I've heard comes, it will be good news for us. If we choose not to go down that path and in a different direction, it's Ange's perogative, not mine or anyone else's. And since we actually have a great manager that would have many options lined up, I think it's premature to say anything on one particular person.

Just tell us Scouse. It's Wayne Rooney isn't it?
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Quote:
After standing between the posts for all seven of Brisbane Roar’s training games this pre-season, shot-stopper Michael Theoklitos can speak with authority when he claims his squad are gearing up nicely in time for the start of the Hyundai A-League season in early October.

Sharing goalkeeper duties with fellow custodian Andrew Redmayne throughout the pre-season matches, Theoklitos’ towering presence in the penalty area has made it easy for him to keep a close eye on the progress of the rest of the team.

“We’re coming along very well, it’s just a matter of the new boys getting used to the way we play and the systems we have in place,” the current Hyundai A-League Goalkeeper of the Year said.

“We have to keep practising and improving them and I’ve been working hard on my communication with the backline with the new boys in there.

“We need to get that understanding going and I need to make sure I’m doing my job and they are doing theirs.”

Brisbane Roar face current Brisbane Premier League leaders Wynnum Wolves on Wednesday night with Theoklitos welcoming the tough competition he feels the runaway league leaders will bring to the midweek clash.

Wolves are 11 points clear at the top of the BPL ladder but suffered only their second defeat of the season at the hands of Olympic FC on the weekend but will be keen to bounce back and regain their form against the Hyundai A-League Champions.

“We’re building up towards the A-League season and we want to make sure we are more than ready for it,” he said.

“Our competition is going to start getting harder and harder and that’s good because we don’t just want one-way traffic, we want teams to really pressure us and make us work hard.

“Wynnum are top of the Premier League so they’ll be confident but we just can’t wait for Wednesday’s game and another big test on our pre-season calendar.”

Brisbane Roar take on BPL league leaders Wynnum Wolves on Wednesday 3 August at Carmichael Park, Tingalpa. Kick-off is at 7pm with player signings from 5-5.50pm. Entry is free.

roosroar
roosroar
Amateur
Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)Amateur (559 reputation)

Just got back from roar v wolves clash. Final result- roar 4 wolves 2. Wolves pressed high early on and got some joy from that tactic. A needless foul inside the box by Jurman gifted the wolves a pen and they made no mistake. Roar came back- a foul on Broich inside the box resulted in a Nichols pen which was converted- 1-1. Then a beautiful lead-up featuring Steff led to the roar's second, scored I think by Fitzgerald. Theo then gifted the wolves a second goal with a poor clearance before h/t.

Second half was a clinic from the roar- the possession stat in their favour was overwhelming. It resulted in a third by Meyer after a neat pass slipped through to him by who else but Broich and a fourth by Jurman who made an advanced run and was rewarded by Mass who slotted to him to cooly slide past the wolves keeper.

The wolves looked dangerous early on but couldn't stay with the roar from about the 30-minute mark. An excellent game of football to watch. Can see why the wolves are streeting the BPL- they have some loads of pace but ultimately it wasA real three-way battle looms for those two CB spots if that is the case.
Roarfan11
Roarfan11
Fan
Fan (80 reputation)Fan (80 reputation)Fan (80 reputation)Fan (80 reputation)Fan (80 reputation)Fan (80 reputation)Fan (80 reputation)Fan (80 reputation)Fan (80 reputation)Fan (80 reputation)Fan (80 reputation)

roosroar wrote:
Just got back from roar v wolves clash. Final result- roar 4 wolves 2. Wolves pressed high early on and got some joy from that tactic. A needless foul inside the box by Jurman gifted the wolves a pen and they made no mistake. Roar came back- a foul on Broich inside the box resulted in a Nichols pen which was converted- 1-1. Then a beautiful lead-up featuring Steff led to the roar's second, scored I think by Fitzgerald. Theo then gifted the wolves a second goal with a poor clearance before h/t.

Second half was a clinic from the roar- the possession stat in their favour was overwhelming. It resulted in a third by Meyer after a neat pass slipped through to him by who else but Broich and a fourth by Jurman who made an advanced run and was rewarded by Mass who slotted to him to cooly slide past the wolves keeper.

The wolves looked dangerous early on but couldn't stay with the roar from about the 30-minute mark. An excellent game of football to watch. Can see why the wolves are streeting the BPL- they have some loads of pace but ultimately it wasA real three-way battle looms for those two CB spots if that is the case.

Agree, a great game for the Roar's prep. Old guard all played fairly well. Meyer looks the only real threat upfront though. Not sure who was the No.23 who played upfront the first half. Didn't do too much. Right back replacement for Franjic did well 'Jack?' until he was subbed off injured possibly. The big new Bahranian was solid in the back also, although wasn't tested too much. Looks like they are going to use Theo as an sweeper the amount of ball he got in switching from flank to flank.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

im really starting to like our kit and gear. liking the stuff PUMA have come out with. i cant wait for the gear to hit the stores. I might just be making a trip to DFO once that happens.
ned7
ned7
Amateur
Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
im really starting to like our kit and gear. liking the stuff PUMA have come out with. i cant wait for the gear to hit the stores. I might just be making a trip to DFO once that happens.

You should be buying it straight from the club [-x
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

ned7 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

You should be buying it straight from the club [-x

i will be buying my kits from the club, but not all of us have full time jobs.

i only work 8 hours a week and have plenty of expenses at the moment.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

So this whole Mckay talk, what does everyone think.

i hope we dont sell him. For a title defence we need our captain and one of the main orchestrates of the midfield. The fee is rumoured to be 500K which i think is bollocks. he is a million dollar man at least.
GluteForce
GluteForce
Hacker
Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)

Home from Roar vs Brisbane City match. Roar won 4-2. Great 20 yard volley from Murdocca for 1-0 and a classy freekick from Brattan (I think) to level at 2-2. Ange played most of the youth team and a few trialists. Shocking defense, both City goals were miscommunications between CB's and Redmayne in goal resulting in Redmayne having to defend 1 on 1's from 25 yards out. Nonetheless, Brisbane very slick on the wings, and very quick in the forward third of the pitch. Methinks they just need something with that killer instinct up front, and it will be another prosperous season. Fitzgerald (i hope i was watching the right guy) impressed greatly. Murdocca was a workhorse and for a first take on Adnan, a very unsuspecting Lanky middle-eastern, but has a cutting pass. Quality of the pitch slightly hindered Roar's passing game but all in all, good stuff.

Hoping PaulyTV was there, would love to see 2 said goals again.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

hopefully the game is on PaulyTV. I can have a watch of it later. The boys have been doing pretty well in pre season. Fitzgerald sounds like a good player.
ned7
ned7
Amateur
Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)

Been some big wraps on Fitzgerald this pre-season. Any reason why the Marinara havent/didnt sign him to a pro-contract?? Hope he's not a flat track bully - it's one thing to dominate against BPL/QSL sides, but A-League is a whole different level... He's looking the goods so far...
GluteForce
GluteForce
Hacker
Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)

9 days out from the transfer window closing (at least for Europe as far as I know) - is the team mostly finalised? Whispers of a EPL striker..but nothing in a while. Chiefly Scouse only has the inside 411, but would love to know if this is still on the cards or if not being pursued now. Also, anyone have a clue on the release date for the Roar kit? I needz it.:)
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

Haven't been around much over the last week or so so haven't heard if Berisha is one of the other options we were talking about when we were looking at the EPL striker, or whether that guy is still on the cards...
GluteForce
GluteForce
Hacker

Fair do's. Don't need a marquee player to put bums on seats. Unlike other teams, our style of play is attractive rather than our player. Wanting to see Berisha in action for the Roar, see how he gels with the team. Fingers crossed anyway first and foremost that we tie down the owners that have been proffered to us in media reports. I love Ange's idea of an academy and elite training facilities, would set the roar up for life!
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

scouse_roar wrote:
Haven't been around much over the last week or so so haven't heard if Berisha is one of the other options we were talking about when we were looking at the EPL striker, or whether that guy is still on the cards...

so that means that player is still available. Well Carew and Benjani have moved on, so now im stumped.

With that said, i retract my Kewell statement because the options i thought are not anymore. If Berisha the other option, care to shed light on the EPL striker?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search