The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
zimbos_05 wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:
Haven't been around much over the last week or so so haven't heard if Berisha is one of the other options we were talking about when we were looking at the EPL striker, or whether that guy is still on the cards...

so that means that player is still available. Well Carew and Benjani have moved on, so now im stumped.

With that said, i retract my Kewell statement because the options i thought are not anymore. If Berisha the other option, care to shed light on the EPL striker?

Got me stumped too, thought of those two for sure, but if he's still available would have to be someone who is available on a free transfer, right scouse?
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Ange did say at the end of the phoenix game that they were still in the market for another couple of players. One would have to be another striker, the other would have to be Fitzy.
GluteForce
GluteForce
Hacker
Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)Hacker (495 reputation)

We shall wait and see what Papa Ange serves us. I have faith! Would love just one more signing for the te and I think we'd be complete. It'd be nice to get a bit more coverage of the roar in Brisbane rather than just Marco from the courier (shittestnewspaperevar) mail doing the occasional column.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Anyone have the shirt numbers list for Brisbane? Even Adnan and Berisha would be helpful.

Edited by cbowden9000: 23/8/2011 05:52:29 AM
ned7
ned7
Amateur
Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)Amateur (639 reputation)

cbowden9000 wrote:
Anyone have the shirt numbers list for Brisbane? Even Adnan and Berisha would be helpful.

Edited by cbowden9000: 23/8/2011 05:52:29 AM

From Wikipedia:

1   Michael Theoklitos
2   Matt Smith
3   Matthew Jurman
4   Shane Stefanutto (Vice Captain)
5   Ivan Franjic
6   Erik Paartalu
8   Massimo Murdocca
10   Henrique
12   Matt Mundy
14   Rocky Visconte
15   Matt McKay (Captain)
16   Daniel Bowles (Youth)
17   Mitch Nichols
18   Luke Brattan
19   Chris Bush (Youth)
20   Andrew Redmayne
21   James Meyer
22   Thomas Broich
--   Kofi Danning
--   Jack Hingert
--   Sayed Mohamed Adnan
--   Besart Berisha

Danning, Hingert, Adnan, Berisha havent (officially) been given numbers yet AFAIK.

The Brisbane Roar player profiles page on the official website is a joke. They still have Kosta there, still dont have a profile pick for Jurman and none of the new signings are there... Fucking woeful...

Edited by ned7: 23/8/2011 11:10:31 AM
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

Some notable strikers still available on a free transfer (as far as I know).

James McFadden - 28
Danny Webber - 29
Eddie Johnson - 27
Craig Fagan - 28
Manasseh Ishiaku - 28   
Francis Jeffers - 30
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink - 32   
Shefki Kuqi - 34
Ismael Blanco - 28
Raúl Tamudo - 33
Benjamin Onwuachi - 27
Nihat Kahveci - 31
Gerald Asamoah - 32
Marcus Bent - 33

RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

We have 2 more spots to fill, assuming Ange goes with a full squad. I can see one of those spots going to young Fitzgerald who has been very impressive in trials so far, and possibly another midfielder, maybe it will be another striker but I think we have enough players up front if we sign Fitzgerald

Fans of other clubs will talk about our lack of "proven" strikers, but shit at the start of last season most of our squad was labelled unproven! People making all this fuss over the loss of solo and kosta, but neither of those players where highly rated before the start of last season

Edited by RJL25: 23/8/2011 05:02:11 PM
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

of the strikers youve listed mate only Mcfadden and Bent played EPL last year.

I think our strikers are done with Fitzeregald soon to sign. I expect us to move for a midfielder to cover Matty.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:

I think our strikers are done with Fitzeregald soon to sign. I expect us to move for a midfielder to cover Matty.

In Meyer's current form, do we need a replacement for Matt?
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Quote:
Tickets on sale for Toowoomba Clash

Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Tickets for Brisbane Roar’s huge September 17 pre-season clash with Adelaide United at Clive Berghofer Stadium are now on sale.

The match will be Brisbane’s first against Hyundai A-League opposition in Queensland since the Grand Final win in front of over 50,000 fans at Suncorp Stadium on March 13.

Brisbane will aim to become the first club to successfully defend the Hyundai A-League crown and Adelaide are firming as one of the strongest challengers for the Roar’s title.

The match is being hosted Football South West Qld in association with Football Toowoomba.

Tickets for the match are available for $15 for adults and $5 for children 15-years-and-under.

To book your tickets call the Empire Theatre on 1300 655 299 or click here to buy online.

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=40709

T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

zimbos_05 wrote:

I was just listing some notable freebies, regardless of league, out of interest.

I just still think we're going to need another striker. Fitzy isn't a striker, he's a midfielder.

With him, Meyer, Broich, Nichols, Murdocca, Brattan, Paartalu and Bush, that makes 8 mids!

In contrast, we only have one central striker in Berisha, who doesn't exactly have a shiny history of goals. The rest are all pretty much wingers.

bahrain16
bahrain16
Under 7s
Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)Under 7s (24 reputation)

oops it's looks like i should post my videos here

anyway.. hello everyone
i guess all brisbne roar fans are eager to see adnan and what he can do for brisbane roar
so i said , hey maybe i can show you guyz some goals for him , why not hah ?

enjoy watching
here is adnan with alkhor club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7w_sE9j8Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gHlECu3FO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2R3PBiALQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8qGFSOOd3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZfd_bN7Xyg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWzqi1PVRLM

and here is adnan with bahrain national team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJQedYEWbMc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T24azVUuKPI

the rest of the goals are Penalties and headers so this is why i did not put them

he should be a good assest

sorry for the bad quality
i hope he will be useful for the club
good luck for brisbane roar
Ben_RoarFan
Ben_RoarFan
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)

Gah, I think I've left it a little late to buy memberships.
I'm hoping to buy for 14 people, but as such, it takes a long time to organise.
Called membership line today, might be able to snag 14 Black tickets in a group still.
Need to get ma sh!t sorted lol
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

Ben_RoarFan wrote:
Called membership line today, might be able to snag 14 Black tickets in a group still.

Whoah! That's a troop mate!

Maybe try doing it online https://memberships.ticketek.com.au/Roar/Login.aspx

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

T3X8 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

I was just listing some notable freebies, regardless of league, out of interest.

I just still think we're going to need another striker. Fitzy isn't a striker, he's a midfielder.

With him, Meyer, Broich, Nichols, Murdocca, Brattan, Paartalu and Bush, that makes 8 mids!

In contrast, we only have one central striker in Berisha, who doesn't exactly have a shiny history of goals. The rest are all pretty much wingers.

fair enough. the points about fitzy, i never thought of. i thought he was a striker, but havnt seen tooo much of him. i guess if hes comes in the middle, we still need to sure up upfront.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

zimbos_05 wrote:
T3X8 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

fair enough. the points about fitzy, i never thought of. i thought he was a striker, but havnt seen tooo much of him. i guess if hes comes in the middle, we still need to sure up upfront.

You would think he was a striker by the amount of goals he's scored in preseason!

I'm happy for us to have as many goal-scoring midfielders as we do, and less focus and pressure on the front line. But yeah, we do need at least a back up striker.

scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Ben_RoarFan wrote:

I'm not in the membership office so I can't say for sure, but if you can't get 14 in a row I'm sure you'd be able to get 7 in one row and 7 up one row directly behind... would probably make for a better experience in any case. I'm sure they will be pleased to have such a big group and will try their best to accommodate you. Contacting the Roar directly is your best bet I'd say, have had shitfights with Ticketek in the past
beastjim
beastjim
Super Fan
Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)

Roar memberships are in Ticketek these days, Emma Hamilton-Smith is officially a ticketek employee I believe.
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

beastjim wrote:
Roar memberships are in Ticketek these days, Emma Hamilton-Smith is officially a ticketek employee I believe.

She's the one you want to talk to - so ring Ticketek and ask for her if that's what's happening. Class act.
Borstal_Breakout
Borstal_Breakout
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:
beastjim wrote:

She's the one you want to talk to - so ring Ticketek and ask for her if that's what's happening. Class act.

+1

godspeed me a job so I can buy a membership with my mates.
Ben_RoarFan
Ben_RoarFan
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)Hardcore Fan (269 reputation)

scouse_roar wrote:
Ben_RoarFan wrote:

I'm not in the membership office so I can't say for sure, but if you can't get 14 in a row I'm sure you'd be able to get 7 in one row and 7 up one row directly behind... would probably make for a better experience in any case. I'm sure they will be pleased to have such a big group and will try their best to accommodate you. Contacting the Roar directly is your best bet I'd say, have had shitfights with Ticketek in the past

Yeah, cheers Scouse :) That was the plan, 7 and 7 behind.
Had a lovely chat to Kelly? I called the Roar Membership 1300 number.
She said yep, just provide us with all of their details, and we'll give you a call when it comes time to allocate seats. She made it sound relatively simple. Gotta get my friends into gear, I'm so keen to get us all signed up.
Borstal_Breakout
Borstal_Breakout
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

So Scouse, is this big name premiership player still on his way to Brisbane? GOnna be hard to compete with Melb and Syd for headlines now.
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

Borstal_Breakout wrote:
So Scouse, is this big name premiership player still on his way to Brisbane? GOnna be hard to compete with Melb and Syd for headlines now.

Couldn't tell you right now - but it was never a 'big-name' Premiership player, just a guy that started quite a few games in that league last year. A guy that could definitely score 15 goals in this league. Berisha looks to be a very solid signing in the same mould, but younger and probably hungrier - still think we will sign another attacking player, whether it be this guy or someone else is up to the gaffer.

I trust Ange to build us a squad that will compete in this league and the continent. Whoever we bring in - and it looks like we'll get another striker and midfielder to complete our squad, along with Fitzgerald - will be quality.
Borstal_Breakout
Borstal_Breakout
Semi-Pro

I don't doubt AAnge whatsoever, would be gret to beat both Syd and Melb without having a big name player in the squad anyway!
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

i think most of us assumed big name player when scouse said he was ex-epl.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

scouse_roar wrote:
beastjim wrote:

Emma has indeed moved to ticketek, but Roar memberships haven't moved in to there, they are still handled by the club, Emma just got head hunted to do some bigger and better things, no surprise really, she gets shit done.

But all the girls at the Roar admin are good to deal with, the girl who handled my membership, forget her name, was very good, sat me exactly where I wanted to be, so don't be afraid to still deal directly with the club.

Edited by RJL25: 25/8/2011 07:38:54 PM
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

i hate ticktek. worst ticketing office i have ever dealt with. i hate that we have to deal with them everytime we want to go to suncorp.

its almost impossible to get through on their phone number and they only have one office in the city, which is far from where i live.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

i hate ticktek. worst ticketing office i have ever dealt with. i hate that we have to deal with them everytime we want to go to suncorp.

its almost impossible to get through on their phone number and they only have one office in the city, which is far from where i live.
aussieshorter
aussieshorter
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:

They have at least two offices in the city that I know of, and you can also get tickets at a few other places in the suburbs like WOW sight and sound stores.

T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

aussieshorter wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

They have at least two offices in the city that I know of, and you can also get tickets at a few other places in the suburbs like WOW sight and sound stores.

Online ;)

Stuff dealing with 'people'!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search