The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

The Orange Army. (Brisbane Roar Official Thread)

Author
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
nice scouse... send it through to the courier mail! They'll pretend to love it but secretly hate it... :twisted:
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

love the work scouse, top stuff.

damn, im so used to there being no Roar mechandise in stores, i forgot to check when i went to Rebel today, plus i got distracted by Socceroos gear being damn cheap. Picked up the 2010 shirt for $50.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:

damn, im so used to there being no Roar mechandise in stores, i forgot to check when i went to Rebel today, plus i got distracted by Socceroos gear being damn cheap. Picked up the 2010 shirt for $50.

There's a football specific shop at number 230~ish Stafford Road, Stafford. Can't remember the exact name of it, but they usually have a good range of football merchandise including Roar gear. Haven't been there for a few months but they are usually my first port of call for Roar gear, if your close to the area I'd suggest checking them out.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

As far as I know, he is still a work in progress, but is making progress, if that makes sense!

I don't expect him to figure too much early on this season, will probably come on later in the year, hopefully.
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

RJL25 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

There's a football specific shop at number 230~ish Stafford Road, Stafford. Can't remember the exact name of it, but they usually have a good range of football merchandise including Roar gear. Haven't been there for a few months but they are usually my first port of call for Roar gear, if your close to the area I'd suggest checking them out.

will see if i get a chance to give it a check. would love to get some gear before i go UK so i can plaster the message there.
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

Go to Ipswich sports.

They are selling the new kit there and they do free lettering and numbering!
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Quote:
Family Fun Day a roaring success
Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Brisbane Roar celebrated the impending Hyundai A-League season by hosting their annual Family Fun Day at Ballymore Stadium on Sunday.

With the support of principal sponsor Brisbane Airport Corporation, the club entertained members and supporters with the Roar Rapid Fire fields, the football target wall and football speed gun with the free Brisbane Roar showbags also proving popular.

Head Coach Ange Postecoglou’s encouraged fans to continue their support the Hyundai A-League Champions with inspiring words ahead of their season opener against Central Coast Mariners this Saturday at Suncorp Stadium.

“The only fans that were disappointed last season were the ones that left five minutes before the end,” Postecoglou said, referring to his side’s epic, last-minute Grand Final win back in March.

“Don’t miss a minute of it this season”.

Postecoglou also introduced his 23-man with new signings Matt Jurman, Besart Berisha, Kofi Danning, Issey Nakajima-Farran, Mohamed Adnan and Jack Hingert given a special reception by the lively, orange-clad crowd.

Prior to the Hyundai A-League presentation, the fans were welcomed by interim CEO Michael Bowers before assistant coach of Brisbane Roar Women Alicia Ferguson took to the stage to introduce the members of the Westfield W-League squad that were present.

Despite the absence of many key players, and Head Coach Jeff Hopkins, due to national team duties and playing commitments with overseas clubs in the off-season, Ferguson’s announcement of the capture of former Sydney FC striker Catherine Cannulli drew huge cheers from the Roar supporters.

Also Champions of their own competition, Brisbane Roar Women will also be looking to retain their title when they kick off their Westfield W-League campaign against Grand Final foes Sydney FC away on October 22.

Brisbane Roar squad for Hyundai A-League 2011/12 season

1. Michael THEOKLITOS
2. Matt SMITH (captain)
3. Shane STEFANUTTO
4. Matthew JURMAN
5. Ivan FRANJIC
6. Erik PAARTALU
7. Besart BERISHA
8. Massimo MURDOCCA
9. Kofi DANNING
10. HENRIQUE
11. Issey NAKAJIMA-FARRAN
12. Matthew MUNDY
14. Rocky VISCONTE
16. Mohamed ADNAN
17. Mitch NICHOLS
18. Luke BRATTAN
19. Jack HINGERT
20. Andrew REDMAYNE
21. James MEYER
22. Thomas BROICH
24. Nicholas FITZGERALD
25. George LAMBADARIDIS
26. Corey BROWN

The Brisbane Roar squads for the Westfield W-League and National Youth League seasons are still to be confirmed.

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=41235

zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

Happy no one got Mckays number. Its now become the big number at the Roar i reckon, like 7 at liverpool and 10 at United.
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
Happy no one got Mckays number. Its now become the big number at the Roar i reckon, like 7 at liverpool and 10 at United.

DEo you think they should retire the number 15?
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

SlyGoat36 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

No, but only offer it to players who have earned it and proved themselves at the club
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class

RJL25 wrote:
SlyGoat36 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

No, but only offer it to players who have earned it and proved themselves at the club

Fair call. Can't say I disagree.

Hopefully a gold statue of him beside Wally ;)
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

RJL25 wrote:
SlyGoat36 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

i agree, cant retire it, but it has to be given to someone who deserves it.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

zimbos_05 wrote:
RJL25 wrote:
SlyGoat36 wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

i agree, cant retire it, but it has to be given to someone who deserves it.

Maybe we can give it back to Matty when he comes back as our ozzie marquee! ;)

T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Just saw that the Roar Flickr has been updated with a few more sweet as photos of the new boys and a few wallpapers with the home games on them.

dave_saves
dave_saves
Super Fan
Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)

SlyGoat36 wrote:
Go to Ipswich sports.

Backing the truck up a little ... where is this store? Free lettering and numbering would be quite good
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class

dave_saves wrote:
SlyGoat36 wrote:
Go to Ipswich sports.

Backing the truck up a little ... where is this store? Free lettering and numbering would be quite good

My girlfriend picked it up for me when she was at a meeting out there. She said of Brisbane street if that makes any sense. Its a nice kit.

I was getting sick of a mart all sports and not hearing anything from Brisbane about it. So lucky she decided to stop in there.

Look em up on google and give them a call.
dave_saves
dave_saves
Super Fan
Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)Super Fan (153 reputation)

SlyGoat36 wrote:
dave_saves wrote:
SlyGoat36 wrote:
Go to Ipswich sports.

My girlfriend picked it up for me when she was at a meeting out there. She said of Brisbane street if that makes any sense. Its a nice kit.

I was getting sick of a mart all sports and not hearing anything from Brisbane about it. So lucky she decided to stop in there.

Look em up on google and give them a call.

Can't find "Ipswich Sports" at all mate. If they had a different trading name it might be easier to find but otherwise I'm stumped.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

Picked up mine today from Soccer World at Stafford, but they are now out of stock (thanks to me).

They actually do the kits for the Roar, put the numbers and letters on the back, cut the sleeves off the long sleeve keeper kit for Theo because Puma don't make a short sleeve vesion, etc. So if you want names and numbers on the back, they are probably the best place to go seen as they have access to the official A-League numbers and lettering.
RJL25
RJL25
World Class

As for the shirt itself, very impressed, quality looks especially good, I actually like the fact that the logo's and sponsors are printed into the shirt rather then embroidery or anything.

Feels really nice on too, very light, and even for a bloke like myself who was built more like a rugby front rower then a football player (size XXL) the fit is very good, muuuuuch better then Reebok
SlyGoat36
SlyGoat36
World Class

07 3812 3533

Found that number for the store on the net. I left the reciept in my office at work >.<
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

Saw the Roar ad during the finals of The Rennovators tonight on channel TEN. That's prime time television, really great work by the Roar!!!

The ad looks pretty sweet on my big screen tv too!

scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Some character was watching the grand final on Neighbours :D
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/roar-dont-feel-pressure/video-e6frf423-1226160635940?subcat=1111112039253

Quote:
Brisbane Roar swept all before them in 2010-2011, but the scary prospect for their Hyundai A-League rivals is German midfield maestro Thomas Broich hopes his team can go even better than last year.

Once the curtain draws on Melbourne Victory’s clash with Sydney FC on Saturday night, the spotlight turns to Suncorp Stadium, where Ange Postecoglou’s side with aim to extend their 28-match unbeaten run in a grand final re-match.

Despite their sparkling form last term, the jury will be out to see how the Roar cope without Matt McKay, Kosta Barbarouses and Jean Carlos Solorzano.

But Broich, who will pull the strings in midfield, says we can expect more of the same from Brisbane – if not better.

"It’s basically the same style (as last year), but there’s lots of room for improvement, always is," Broich told foxsports.com.au.

"We’ll try to build on what we did last year. But I hope we can even be better than last year.

"Obviously we want to keep (the streak) going as long as possible, but I think everyone knows it’s impossible to keep it going forever.

"You almost have to expect a few losses, but we’ll still try and avoid them!"

Brisbane have escaped the spotlight as they aim to become the first A-League grand final winners to defend their crown. But with the hype surrounding Harry Kewell and Brett Emerton’s arrival, Broich has sensed that the level has increased over the off-season.

"I get a feeling that this year it’s going to be tougher," Broich said.

"The league seems to be competitive; teams like Adelaide and Victory seem really, really strong.

"I get a feeling that everyone’s pretty excited about the start of the season. The overall level has increased again.

"We’ve lost a couple of key players so it’s a big challenge for us."

Broich could be asked to fill Matt McKay’s shoes in the Roar engine room, but isn’t sure yet if he’ll be deployed there, or if the role will go to the likes of Massimo Murdocca, Eric Paartalu or Mitch Nicholls.

But for now, the focus is on the grand final re-match.

"It is a great draw to have a grand final re-match on day one. It’s just beautiful and gets everyone interested for day one."

T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

scouse_roar wrote:

That's really quite embarassing scouse, I don't know why you'd share that lol :P

Jargernaut
Jargernaut
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

in regards to our strip, i believe we have done the best job in integrating the a-league logo on the shirt, no crappy white or black border.
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

T3X8 wrote:
scouse_roar wrote:

That's really quite embarassing scouse, I don't know why you'd share that lol :P

Free publicity - gets the word out about the Roar in an unconventional way to people that wouldn't have Fox.
BusbyBabe
BusbyBabe
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Fantasy team boys. Does Nakajima-Farran look like playing?
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend

I'd put the house on it.
beastjim
beastjim
Super Fan
Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)Super Fan (144 reputation)

Potential fixture problem for the roar coming up.
Eminem has been announced as playing a concert at Suncorp Stadium on the 5th of December. The roar are due to play the Melbourne Heart on the 9th of December, and indeed the Mariners on the 17th. Both games could have issues, although more likely is that the Heart game may have to be moved.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro

beastjim wrote:
Potential fixture problem for the roar coming up.
Eminem has been announced as playing a concert at Suncorp Stadium on the 5th of December. The roar are due to play the Melbourne Heart on the 9th of December, and indeed the Mariners on the 17th. Both games could have issues, although more likely is that the Heart game may have to be moved.

I have a problem with the new years fixture, who schedules a match on new years?!!

I have to get to a supernatural themed party afterwards, might just have to change my costume and go as a three-headed lion to both haha.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search