Brisbane Roar Logos Also designed by Rafin Gislason. From Iceland....

Brisbane Roar Logos Also designed by Rafin Gislason. From...

Author
cgorac
Amateur
Amateur (567 reputation)Amateur (567 reputation)Amateur (567 reputation)Amateur (567 reputation)Amateur (567 reputation)Amateur (567 reputation)Amateur (567 reputation)Amateur (567 reputation)Amateur (567 reputation)Amateur (567 reputation)Amateur (567 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Here are to Brisbane Roar Logos Designed by Rafin Gislason From Iceland your Thoughts? And you can leave him iany ideas on www.designfootball.com under crests and logos.

Edited by cgorac: 1/9/2011 01:00:59 AM
Tom AUFC
Tom AUFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

This is the best so far, and is much better than what Brisbane currently have, in my opinion.
martyB
martyB
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Replace all the blue with black IMO:
1. They don't wear blue anymore;
2. If the training tops are anything to go by, there will be at least black and orange and maybe maroon.

Maybe less white?

And I can't see the FFA allowing them to put 1957 since the franchise was started in 2004. Wouldn't mind seeing both though.

Otherwise, agree with Tom. Looks good.

Edited by martyB: 1/9/2011 02:17:18 AM
Tom AUFC
Tom AUFC
Pro
Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)Pro (4.3K reputation)

martyB wrote:
2. If the training tops are anything to go by, there will be at least black and orange and maybe maroon.

Maybe less white?

And I can't see the FFA allowing them to put 1957 since the franchise was started in 2004. Wouldn't mind seeing both though.

I'm with you there. The black looks good.

@cgorac: Please email these to the club and supporter groups, etc. This looks much better than what they currently have, and yet, it maintains everything they currently have.
girtXc
girtXc
World Class
World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)World Class (8.9K reputation)

global networking at it's finest:p
vanbasten88
vanbasten88
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

cgorac wrote:
Here are to Brisbane Roar Logos Designed by Rafin Gislason From Iceland your Thoughts? And you can leave him iany ideas on www.designfootball.com under crests and logos.

Edited by cgorac: 1/9/2011 01:00:59 AM

I really like this one without the 'birth year' and replacing the blue with black, would be a sure fire winner I feel:)
nick1408
nick1408
Amateur
Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)Amateur (708 reputation)

Looks a lot like the Brisbane Lions logo to me
HoldenCaulfield
HoldenCaulfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Sorry - don't like it at all.
119GLORY
119GLORY
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

nick1408 wrote:

Really? You sure?

Anyway, change the Lion to a medieval one like this, and change all colors just to white black and orange, forget the maroon and definately the blue those two look stupid!

HoldenCaulfield
HoldenCaulfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

119GLORY wrote:
nick1408 wrote:

Really? You sure?

Anyway, change the Lion to a medieval one like this, and change all colors just to white black and orange, forget the maroon and definately the blue those two look stupid!

HERESY!!!!!!!!!
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

Tom AUFC wrote:
martyB wrote:

Maybe less white?

I'm with you there. The black looks good.

@cgorac: Please email these to the club and supporter groups, etc. This looks much better than what they currently have, and yet, it maintains everything they currently have.

This looks much better IMO. I like this logo much better compared to what they currently have.

I would like to see them in a Roma style home top like this...

Chiso
Chiso
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)Hardcore Fan (186 reputation)

Wow thats a cracking job, how is he not doing this for the A-League?
119GLORY
119GLORY
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

HoldenCaulfield wrote:
119GLORY wrote:
nick1408 wrote:

Really? You sure?

HERESY!!!!!!!!!

Maroon looks stupid, black white and orange is the way to go imo but i'm not a Roar fan so i'm just stating an opinion, its you blokes that need to tell the club what you want, please don't hate me too much I just personally loathe the strips Roar have come up with until this present point in time! training kit looks good though, i like the black socks and shorts, jersey we will just have to wait and see, probably coming out this week methinks!
Pr1mo
Pr1mo
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

Can we just have 1 logos from Iceland thread?
HoldenCaulfield
HoldenCaulfield
Semi-Pro

119GLORY wrote:
HoldenCaulfield wrote:
119GLORY wrote:
nick1408 wrote:

Really? You sure?

HERESY!!!!!!!!!

Maroon looks stupid, black white and orange is the way to go imo but i'm not a Roar fan so i'm just stating an opinion, its you blokes that need to tell the club what you want, please don't hate me too much I just personally loathe the strips Roar have come up with until this present point in time! training kit looks good though, i like the black socks and shorts, jersey we will just have to wait and see, probably coming out this week methinks!

I don't want to come across as hating on you. Just having a bit of fun. Personally i like the maroon. It means something to we Queenslanders. It is a colour combination that very few other teams have in world football. We are forging our own identity and not copying someone else's. That i believe demonstrates maturity and real growth in football in brisbane. Unlike Gold Coast United's whole "brazil at home, real madrid away" copy-cat crap. Just my opinion though - I'm sure there are some very valid counter arguments too.
Rico[exclamation mark]
Rico[exclamation mark]
Rising Star
Rising Star (752 reputation)Rising Star (752 reputation)Rising Star (752 reputation)Rising Star (752 reputation)Rising Star (752 reputation)Rising Star (752 reputation)Rising Star (752 reputation)Rising Star (752 reputation)Rising Star (752 reputation)Rising Star (752 reputation)Rising Star (752 reputation)

119GLORY wrote:
nick1408 wrote:

Really? You sure?

Perhaps referring to this one. I don't see it myself.
jonnyb
jonnyb
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Not enough Lime Green in it
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

This one doesnt look too bas either for Jets fans.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

119GLORY wrote:
nick1408 wrote:

Really? You sure?

That's the old lions logo.

Here are the newys.

rivercitycrew
rivercitycrew
Fan
Fan (97 reputation)Fan (97 reputation)Fan (97 reputation)Fan (97 reputation)Fan (97 reputation)Fan (97 reputation)Fan (97 reputation)Fan (97 reputation)Fan (97 reputation)Fan (97 reputation)Fan (97 reputation)

Maroon will be gone all together this year, so not much point having it in a new logo. Some goes for blue.
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

I like the design but am I the only one who doesn't like balls in logos, particularly replacing a letter?

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

RedTillDead
RedTillDead
Rising Star
Rising Star (983 reputation)Rising Star (983 reputation)Rising Star (983 reputation)Rising Star (983 reputation)Rising Star (983 reputation)Rising Star (983 reputation)Rising Star (983 reputation)Rising Star (983 reputation)Rising Star (983 reputation)Rising Star (983 reputation)Rising Star (983 reputation)

rivercitycrew wrote:
Maroon will be gone all together this year, so not much point having it in a new logo. Some goes for blue.

Kind of think that's a good thing. I always tend to think of it (maroon) more as a RL thing. I like orange. It's not flogged to death and is definitely destinctive. When I mean orange I mean a nice tasteful one :) Not the fluro-vest version you guys had a couple of seasons ago. Used to have to watch the game in sun-glasses :)
tomw
tomw
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

119GLORY wrote:
training kit looks good though, i like the black socks and shorts, jersey we will just have to wait and see, probably coming out this week methinks!

11.30am Monday.
T3X8
T3X8
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

playmaker11 wrote:
I like the design but am I the only one who doesn't like balls in logos, particularly replacing a letter?

Not a big fan of it either, but it was pretty much the only part of the original logo that was kept.

Don't mind the original lion graphic in it though. Would be interesting to use that in a revamped logo.

ccmpete
ccmpete
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Gold Coast:

I quite like the first one. Has a retro feel to it.
tomw
tomw
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

^ First one is quite good, 3rd one has way too much.
The Frederick
The Frederick
Semi-Pro

T3X8, that second one isn't a real BL logo, but a fan mockup, IIRC.

I like the OP's logo, but it'd be better without the white part.
Toffees_or_Roar
Toffees_or_Roar
Semi-Pro

martyB wrote:

Maybe less white?

i think lose the football in the word roar just use an "o", the football makes it a little childish, otherwise its much better than last years:d
HoldenCaulfield
HoldenCaulfield
Semi-Pro

RedTillDead wrote:
rivercitycrew wrote:

Kind of think that's a good thing. I always tend to think of it (maroon) more as a RL thing. I like orange. It's not flogged to death and is definitely destinctive. When I mean orange I mean a nice tasteful one :) Not the fluro-vest version you guys had a couple of seasons ago. Used to have to watch the game in sun-glasses :)

While the RL boys have appropriated it almost exlusively for themselves in recent years thanks to their marketing efforts, the maroon colour was originally worn on the caps of the queensland representative cricket sides long before rugby league even existed. I would hazard a guess that it was used even prior to that though in some form or another as queensland colour.
leftrightout
leftrightout
Pro

This would look cool for Brisbane.

Edited by leftrightout: 1/9/2011 04:30:50 PM
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search