2016 OFC Nations Cup - 28 May to 11 June (hosted by PNG)

2016 OFC Nations Cup - 28 May to 11 June (hosted by PNG)

Author
Glh37
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Soft News wrote:
RyanM wrote:
Be nice to play each other in the confeds cup.

If Fifa draw then together so be it... If drawn in separate groups... Good odds on a pre-tournanent hitout on Russian soil in the week leading up to the Tourny.

our first game would be 17/18/19 June and we have Saudi Arabia at home on the 8 June

we could possibly have a friendly in Europe on the 13th or in Oz on the 12th, if not there is a half decent chance we could have a friendly prior to the Saudi game

NZ will have 2 WCQ in June (5th-13th) so their schedule will already be fairly packed I would think.
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
biscuitman1871 wrote:
WaMackie wrote:
RyanM wrote:
If I was Australia I wouldn't want to play us. In fact I don't really want us to play as well.

As both teams have made Confer Cup 2017, I would be putting smart money on a AUS v NZ warm up game in Russia in early June 2017, especially if they separated in the group stage.

I think you will need to put the money upfront if you want anyone to take you up on this given your track record of welching on bets.
Fkn LOL!!!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by nomates: 13/6/2016 02:13:46 AM

Wellington Phoenix FC

biscuitman1871
biscuitman1871
Pro
Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)Pro (4.5K reputation)

Soft News wrote:
RyanM wrote:
If I was Australia I wouldn't want to play us. In fact I don't really want us to play as well.

As both teams have made Confer Cup 2017, I would be putting smart money on a AUS v NZ warm up game in Russia in early June 2017, especially if they separated in the group stage.

I think you will need to put the money upfront if you want anyone to take you up on this given your track record of welching on bets.

Soft News
Soft News
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

RyanM wrote:

If Fifa draw then together so be it... If drawn in separate groups... Good odds on a pre-tournanent hitout on Russian soil in the week leading up to the Tourny.
RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Prepare for the LOLs if we do. We only won Oceania because of individuals stepping up and pretty much dragging us through it, in fact I'd say that NZ would have played better without any coaching or strategy at all than what we did have.

Although now that we are through to the Confederations Cup apparently we're dropping the long ball and returning to the pressing / passing based game so it might improve. There is no doubt that the NZ first 11 is a pretty good side, it's just got zero depth - and for some reason Hudson doesn't select some of our best players when they are available.
Soft News
Soft News
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

RyanM wrote:

apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

RyanM
RyanM
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

If I was Australia I wouldn't want to play us. In fact I don't really want us to play as we're an embarrassment.

It's absolutely crazy how bad it is, especially considering the sort of talent we have. We're eschewing proven professionals that have always given their all for the white jersey in favor of nobodies who don't even play in the ASB Premiership. Our most talented players (Like Thomas and Rojas) are all fast and skill full midgets, yet we play long ball to club less 34 year olds who have played less minutes in the last year than players like Rojas has played games. Turns out that Fallon (who is one of those guys who is mediocre at club level but really steps up for the national team) was a good choice, but still.

The other thing is that all our age group teams plays ball-at-the-feet football, our players have had the passing game drilled into them since the very start, it's supposedly a fully aligned strategy where the whole country plays one style of football - and we are very successful at age group level. Yet when they get to the top mens team they're asked to play a brand of football which they have never played before. And this is despite Antony Hudson, the coach (who's probably self proclaimed nickname is "the next Jose Mourinho" ) , promising that he has an uncompromising vision of how football should be played, and his uncompromising vision is about as far away from what we got during this tournament as possible.

There was a big clear out at NZF a few years ago because they were inept, but the new faces that they've brought in (after an A-League style world wide search) have actually proven to be far far worse. They are on the defensive, never talk to the football media, and ignore the concern of fans.

It's never been so bad.

Edited by ryanm: 12/6/2016 02:59:46 PM
Soft News
Soft News
Semi-Pro

nomates wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
Soft News wrote:
nomates wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
It will be a short stay for New Zuland with performances like that.

Its all about the money $$$ not performances.

Good, now you know why so many Australian based soccer fans are annoyed with the Nix, if the prevailing attitude in NZ, is the same as yours...

Agreed Mac. Its kinda obvious when you rant rofl.

Fk off you knuts, my comments are solely based on our national team. As for the Nixs I agree SKY TV need to pay up come 2017.

Your national team would like to play Australia for monetary reasons too (but that is a discussion for another day). Just be happy your team now has at least 8-9 games next year.
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

TheSelectFew wrote:
Soft News wrote:
nomates wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Good, now you know why so many Australian based soccer fans are annoyed with the Nix, if the prevailing attitude in NZ, is the same as yours...

Fk off you knuts, my comments are solely based on our national team. As for the Nixs I agree SKY TV need to pay up come 2017.

Wellington Phoenix FC

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Soft News wrote:
nomates wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

nomates wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Pretty poor attitude.

Soft News
Soft News
Semi-Pro

nomates wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:

Adelphi
Adelphi
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Just seen the final score, wow. Huge let off for NZ. Feel for PNG having got so close. Probably one of the least convincing tournament wins ever from NZ :lol:

Would be good to see Aus vs NZ at the Confederations Cup. We haven't played them in a competitive fixture since the Glory Days of Oceania, back in 2004.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

johnszasz wrote:
NicCarBel wrote:
johnszasz wrote:
So close PNG. NZ need this tournament for a shot in the arm. Decent exposure. Though AFC OFC will probably be seeded lowest and will be in separate groups?

Heres the last draw procedure

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/01/96/02/16//121129_drawproceduresfcc2013_final(2).pdf

Basically, to me, looks like the only guarantees are that they will make sure that Russia and Germany (as hosts and reining world chanpions) will not be drawn together, as there is going to be 3 UEFA teams regardless, and only one group will have the Euro winner/vice-winner.

That's true with one more UEFA team. I'd like Australia to get Russia, Chile and CONCACAF, likely Mexico. We've played enough African teams over the last 10 years.

Mexico has already qualified. After EURO, only African Cup of Nations early next year is ledt to qualify.
Russia
Germany
Australia
Chile
Mexico
New Zealand
Euro 2016
African Cup of Nations 2017

All theyve announced so far is that Russia is A1. I daresay theyll announce something after EURO prior to the african cup of nations about the full procedure.

EDIT the draw is at the end of November. So we will know everyone (except Africa) at that stage. Africa i guess will juat get drawn as TBC from CAF.

Edited by NicCarBel: 11/6/2016 07:26:09 PM
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

NicCarBel wrote:
johnszasz wrote:
So close PNG. NZ need this tournament for a shot in the arm. Decent exposure. Though AFC OFC will probably be seeded lowest and will be in separate groups?

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/01/96/02/16//121129_drawproceduresfcc2013_final(2).pdf

Basically, to me, looks like the only guarantees are that they will make sure that Russia and Germany (as hosts and reining world chanpions) will not be drawn together, as there is going to be 3 UEFA teams regardless, and only one group will have the Euro winner/vice-winner.

That's true with one more UEFA team. I'd like Australia to get Russia, Chile and CONCACAF, likely Mexico. We've played enough African teams over the last 10 years.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

johnszasz wrote:

I think.. Well the way i would do it.. Is Pot 1 just has Russia and Germany, so they get drawn into A1 and B1, then Pot 2 has everyone else. And they go into 2, 3 and 4

Edited by NicCarBel: 11/6/2016 07:07:40 PM
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

nomates
nomates
World Class

TheSelectFew wrote:

Wellington Phoenix FC

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

nomates
nomates
World Class

What a fken game, Thx fk its over yusss Confed cup here we come!!!!!!!.

Wellington Phoenix FC

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

BROCKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAHAHA

nomates
nomates
World Class

Damn, More action then a Rambo movie.

Wellington Phoenix FC

nomates
nomates
World Class

Fken helzkard, Very tight game.

Wellington Phoenix FC

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Talking about a WC play off with this performance. You are surely having a giggle.

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

wow this is one of the best nil all draws. PNG haven't made a fricking sub.

nomates
nomates
World Class

TheSelectFew wrote:
nomates wrote:
Adelphite wrote:
nomates wrote:
PNG the far superior team on the park ATM.

Yep I'd say PNG are looking the more likely at the moment, they're posing a threat going forward but are perhaps let down by their inexperience in a game of this stature, making some poor decisions when composure is needed. They are playing at a slightly higher pace than NZ but neither team has really had a clear-cut chance.

A few slices of cheese handed out in that half as well, would be a shame to see a red.

Edited by Adelphite: 11/6/2016 05:01:53 PM
Stop being polite, The All Whites look way out of there league here - Its a disgrace. Lets hope there is a new striker subbed on at half time.

If NZ win this you have to say PNG have been hard done by. :shock:

Edited by TheSelectFew: 11/6/2016 06:09:55 PM

Pretty much :-"

Wellington Phoenix FC

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

nomates wrote:
Adelphite wrote:
nomates wrote:
PNG the far superior team on the park ATM.

Yep I'd say PNG are looking the more likely at the moment, they're posing a threat going forward but are perhaps let down by their inexperience in a game of this stature, making some poor decisions when composure is needed. They are playing at a slightly higher pace than NZ but neither team has really had a clear-cut chance.

A few slices of cheese handed out in that half as well, would be a shame to see a red.

Edited by Adelphite: 11/6/2016 05:01:53 PM
Stop being polite, The All Whites look way out of there league here - Its a disgrace. Lets hope there is a new striker subbed on at half time.

If NZ win this you have to say PNG have been hard done by. :shock:

Edited by TheSelectFew: 11/6/2016 06:09:55 PM

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Miscalculated the times. Extra time wow. Not going to check but I don't think AFC and OFC will meet in the confed group stage? If PNG win it'll be crazier than Tahiti.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

Adelphite wrote:
TheSelectFew wrote:
I disagree. I reckon it's been end to end and had a good flow to the game. Unfortunately The ball has flowed well over and past the post.

Fair enough, to me the more exciting parts have come from PNG's quick transitions after turnovers, using their pace in attack well. I just find NZ's style to be fairly dull though and while they've been in some good positions it's not from what I'd call quick attacking play.

Football is full of opinions though :lol: I have enjoyed this. Been a great day of football.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search