Hide users feature

Hide users feature

Author
Strikers94
Super Fan
Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Is there a feature to hide users and their posts? If not, can the admins implement one?

Any thread remotely related to crowds, ratings or tv deals is usually spammed by an AFL troll using multiple accounts.
Any thread remotely related to expansion is spammed by one user.

It's at the point where it's impossible to have a decent discussion on these topics without getting derailed.

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
http://forum.insidesport.com.au/2366034/MuteFunction
Strikers94
Strikers94
Super Fan
Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)Super Fan (158 reputation)

Thanks, looks like it's an extension for Chrome only though.

Most other forums have an integrated hide/ignore function, I thought the new forum software would've had something as part of the package or a plugin that the admins can add-on.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Strikers94 - 4 Jan 2017 3:04 PM

Most other forums have an integrated hide/ignore function, I thought the new forum software would've had something as part of the package or a plugin that the admins can add-on.

Not that I know of, sorry pal.

I have concerns for anyone not using Chrome to begin with to be honest :lol:

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation

They are really effective.

If you find anyone particularly obnoxious, with the mute function  one doesn't see what they post. I've done it with three 442 members who are obsessive, obnoxious stalkers after the mute suggestion from a mod. Works beautifully!
Strikers94
Strikers94
Super Fan

Decentric - 5 Jan 2017 11:19 PM

If you find anyone particularly obnoxious, with the mute function  one doesn't see what they post. I've done it with three 442 members who are obsessive, obnoxious stalkers after the mute suggestion from a mod. Works beautifully!

Cheers Decentric, it sounds like a good option if I did use Chrome.

The main issue from my (selfish?) POV is that I use a number of devices to read/post on here (phones, tablets, laptops and desktops). A fix on the forum-side rather than the device side would make life easier.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I know you're too narcissistic to not read everything that goes on here cobber so your post makes me chuckle.  More concerning is this sickness you have that leads you to create countless multis.  I mean how many do you actually have here?  10? 15? more? And more to the point why do you feel the  need to create so many?

Your latest one is a corker.  Footballking55.  Look for more football 'milieu' gents coming to a thread near you. 

Member since 2008.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Strikers94 - 7 Jan 2017 3:16 PM

Cheers Decentric, it sounds like a good option if I did use Chrome.

The main issue from my (selfish?) POV is that I use a number of devices to read/post on here (phones, tablets, laptops and desktops). A fix on the forum-side rather than the device side would make life easier.

True.

I only post from a desk top, so it is very useful.

The function must also provide mods with less work. Sadly, some people seem bored and deranged enough to feel a need to waste time, simply trying to annoy others on the internet. They must feel pretty unhappy and inadequate off forum.

There is nothing worse than a good thread topic being derailed with personal attacks and abuse, sometimes with a number of accounts (possibly multis) being directed towards one person.  With this new function one ends up reading more playing the ball on 442, not the man. 
Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
This feature? Can you block PM's?
Edited
7 Years Ago by pv4
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Judy Free - 19 Mar 2017 10:05 PM
This feature? Can you block PM's?

It doesn't unfortunately as my extension is only a superficial fix in that the text of posts come through but it deletes it quicker than you can read it. PMs trigger emails and alerts in the application.

If you're getting harassed via PM, please let us mods know via PM with some supporting evidence and we'll look into it. 

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Judy Free
Judy Free
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
mcjules - 20 Mar 2017 11:51 AM
Judy Free - 19 Mar 2017 10:05 PM

It doesn't unfortunately as my extension is only a superficial fix in that the text of posts come through but it deletes it quicker than you can read it. PMs trigger emails and alerts in the application.

If you're getting harassed via PM, please let us mods know via PM with some supporting evidence and we'll look into it. 

I've only ever received PM's here from the one (unhinged) user.

He has form all over the internet of filling up PM inboxes with threats and general twaddle.

How do I flick you the subject PM that I cut and pasted 'above'?
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

This muting works wonderfully.

I disagree with McJules. He thinks it is counterproductive informing other members they've been muted. I've reinstated three, because they weren't perpetual stalkers and there was a willingness to be reinstated. I think informing  them sometimes  makes them reappraise  the way they operate over a few weeks or more. Not many post to be ignored or excluded from discussion. 

If some people  generally participate  to annoy most posters, or target a few posters to annoy, the mute mechanism simply takes obnoxious  posters out of the game. The mute mechanism is  like a red card. I've rarely used the mute mechanism, but what a great option it is.

I'm quite interested in the diversity of views and personalities that comprise the forum when posters participate constructively . We've picked up quite a few new posters of late who have close links to grass roots and NPL football in regions who have interesting information to share.

Once against thanks to McJules for establishing the mute function.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search