Kardinia Park Trust boss Michael Brown pushes Geelong’s A-League case

Kardinia Park Trust boss Michael Brown pushes Geelong’s A-League case

Author
HortoMagiko
Pro
Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)Pro (2.6K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
paladisious - 11 Jan 2017 5:55 AM
HortoMagiko - 11 Jan 2017 5:35 AM

The FFA will back engineer the criteria around whatever they wanted in the first place

southmelb - 11 Jan 2017 6:02 AM
scott21 - 11 Jan 2017 12:50 AM

The ffa is probably putting the bid team together as we speak thats why we dont know anything about it. Most likely doing the same in south sydney.

True and true.

Is Wellington diverse?  Dont know, however this is a club that has no historical or existing link to a specific migrant group - Rusty Einstein

The negative stereotypes are perpetuated by people who either have no idea or are serving a vested interest; neither viewpoint should get anywhere near running Australian football -
Ange Postecoglou

Edited
7 Years Ago by HortoMagiko
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
An a-league club in geelong would be an unmitigated disaster. There isn't the support, the stadium is garbage for football, the local game is a Shambles.

Big bash will work... 6 weeks over summer makes it so easy but in an expanded a-league where there is the possibility of ground availability being usurped by the cats at the start and finish of afl season it will start to become a joke.

7-10k crowd at ccm and newy is ok, but at simmonds it'll be just like a wellington game but in a shit city.

No thanks. 
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

scubaroo - 11 Jan 2017 12:31 PM
 the stadium is garbage for football, 

I've been to a few different aus cities and even Asia to see MV, yet I was in Torquay and still didn't even bother going to Geelong to watch the game for this reason. Saw the ACL game there, never again.

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

tsf - 11 Jan 2017 12:47 PM

I've been to a few different aus cities and even Asia to see MV, yet I was in Torquay and still didn't even bother going to Geelong to watch the game for this reason. Saw the ACL game there, never again.

I live in geelong and am far happier to travel to aami or etihad than that dump. I only go because it's the one time i can get some mates to the game that don't normally go. 
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

An a-league club in geelong would be an unmitigated disaster. There isn't the support, the stadium is garbage for football, the local game is a Shambles.

Big bash will work... 6 weeks over summer makes it so easy but in an expanded a-league where there is the possibility of ground availability being usurped by the cats at the start and finish of afl season it will start to become a joke.

7-10k crowd at ccm and newy is ok, but at simmonds it'll be just like a wellington game but in a shit city.

No thanks. 

The venue should be aiming for a bbl team + afl womens team license. That would give the place 9-10 matches over summer, more importantly both will boot off before the real stuff starts.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

southmelb - 11 Jan 2017 3:00 PM

The venue should be aiming for a bbl team + afl womens team license. That would give the place 9-10 matches over summer, more importantly both will boot off before the real stuff starts.

Cats did apply for a womens licence but were knocked back, but do have a VFL womens side presumably waiting for the call up from the AFL.
FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

I just cant see Geelong working, not for a decade or two anyway

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search