AFL to take over soccer pitches with new game

AFL to take over soccer pitches with new game

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
primtech - 7 Sep 2016 3:16 PM
AFL secretly trials new version of football
Larissa Nicholson

The AFL has been quietly developing a modified form of Australian Rules that is played on a soccer field, which it trialled in a secret match between two VFL teams last weekend.

With the working name AFL X, the new version of the game allows just seven players from each team on the ground, far fewer than the usual 18-a-side, and is as part of a broader plan to become a year-round sport

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan, speaking after the Hawks Young Executive Wing grand final breakfast, said the concept had come from a brainstorming session with his staff.

He said the idea behind AFL X had been to attract non-football fans to the game and enable it to be taken to venues where football could not normally be played because they did not have an oval.

"It was an idea that came up, to develop a new product, that was able to work in different venues and look different, in a shorter and different format" he told Fairfax Media.

McLachlan said the trial match on the weekend had been a success, but plans to launch an AFL X competition are still a long way off.

The AFL's general manager of game and market development Simon Lethlean stressed that AFL X was still very much in its infancy.

He described it as an "internal think-tank" project, but said it had the potential fill a gap between a full-scale AFL games and the recreational AFL-9s format.

AFL-9s does not allow tackles or bumping, whereas AFL X does.

Lethlean said the weekend's AFL X match, run in four 10-minute quarters, had been a fast, high-intensity encounter which had left the VFL players involved exhausted.

By fielding smaller teams and playing on a soccer pitch, he said it was easier than full-scale football to take overseas and may one day form a part of the AFL's international expansion plans.

Lethlean also mentioned using the game in an off-season competition involving well-known, recently retired players.

Every sporting body wanted to expand its reach, he said.

"It's part of everyone's plan to be a 12-month a year sport," said Lethlean.

The innovation comes as sports compete for the best athletes and bigger audiences. Cricket is an example of a sport that has launched a shorter format with spectacular success, Twenty20 becoming a massive money spinner and compelling TV product.

The AFL's inaugural women's competition kicks off in February, an early start that would allow the players to remain involved in their local competitions and ensure they were not pitted against the men's season.

Asked whether a future AFL X series would compete for public attention with the women's game, Lethlean said it was too early to give that any consideration.

AFL staff will now review footage of the AFL X game between VFL players from the weekend and review statistics from the match.

"I hope it leads to more people playing our game," Lethlean said.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-secretly-trials-new-version-of-football-20160907-gral7s.html

I am so sick of hearing about about AFL living in Tasmania.

When I'm in the league/union states, of NSW and Queensland, it is a pleasure to hear far less about AFL and consigning it to the irrelevance it is in terms of international sport. It is the only thing I dislike about living in a southern state in Australia.

So much wasted money and media coverage is wasted on a sport nobody plays anywhere else on the world. I've travelled to 25 odd countries and  have never heard or read one word about stupid Aussie Rules!  Kids in urban school playgrounds don't play Aussie rules  anymore. Media saturation keeps it alive.

All other sports with the possible  exception of cricket's BBL are adversely effected by the amount  of resources that go into this stupid, irrelevant game.

I love reading comments on this  forum when residents of Queensland and NSW make disparaging comments about AFL. It is music to my ears! 

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I grew up in Qld and played AFL. That's why I hate myself.

But tbf growing up watching Wayne Bennett interviews on the news didn't do much for my character.
Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
Crusader
Crusader
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️
⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)⚽️ R.I.P. ⚽️ (5.9K reputation)

Always a laugh to read about the AFL and their international efforts. Last time they were ignored in China they were hyping the global appeal of Jason Akermanis.
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)Pro (3.9K reputation)

Decentric - 26 Feb 2017 9:00 AM

When I'm in the league/union states, of NSW and Queensland, it is a pleasure to hear far less about AFL and consigning it to the irrelevance it is in terms of international sport. It is the only thing I dislike about living in a southern state in Australia.

So much wasted money and media coverage is wasted on a sport nobody plays anywhere else on the world. I've travelled to 25 odd countries and  have never heard or read one word about stupid Aussie Rules!  Kids in urban school playgrounds don't play Aussie rules  anymore. Media saturation keeps it alive.

All other sports with the possible  exception of cricket's BBL are adversely effected by the amount  of resources that go into this stupid, irrelevant game.

I love reading comments on this  forum when residents of Queensland and NSW make disparaging comments about AFL. It is music to my ears! 

Decentric, one for you..

I live in Sydney & AFL is irrelevant here, despite all the money they are shoving in NSW, it's till a shit sport that we cannot understand, no knock on when you drop the ball, no cross bar, no goalie, pts for missing.
As the Guardian portrayed it. 'It's like seagulls fighting over a chip'.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Crusader - 26 Feb 2017 9:13 AM
Always a laugh to read about the AFL and their international efforts. Last time they were ignored in China they were hyping the global appeal of Jason Akermanis.

I'm not sure where you live, but people  who are supposedly intelligent in every other sphere  in southern states, still think that AFL just has to be exposed to any country and it will become the dominant sport!

NSW residents correctly argue that they have 100 years  exposure to AFL and it has gained virtually no traction.
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

robbos - 26 Feb 2017 9:16 AM

Decentric, one for you..

I live in Sydney & AFL is irrelevant here, despite all the money they are shoving in NSW, it's till a shit sport that we cannot understand, no knock on when you drop the ball, no cross bar, no goalie, pts for missing.
As the Guardian portrayed it. 'It's like seagulls fighting over a chip'.

Music to my ears!

In southern states any sportsperson often of international standing is frequently compared to AFL players as some sort of criterion of high quality!

I find it really annoying that Nathan Lyon, one of  the best off spin bowlers to play for Australia,  has been nicknamed 'Gary' because of a talentless AFL nobody hack, called Gary Lyon, who has played domestic club Aussie rules in OZ.

Nobody in NSW and Queensland, or any other  international cricket playing nation, would know who Gary Lyon is!
Edited
7 Years Ago by Decentric
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

Crusader - 26 Feb 2017 9:13 AM

LOL!
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

No one kicks the egg on the school grounds lol. 

Lastbroadcast
Lastbroadcast
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

As someone from NSW I never once touched a Sherrin until I was 15 and played it in PE class. There were few (if any) local leagues in Sydney at that time for juniors.

My biggest objection is not to the sport itself, which deserves respect. I still casually follow the Swans and I can appreciate the skill. I celebrated in 2005 with everyone else.

My biggest objection is to what I call "football imperialism" - the billions of dollars spent by State and Federal governments to promote AFL in NSW, whether it be stadium upgrades or school programs or whatever.

If you think back over the last 20 years, the AFL has got whatever it wanted in NSW from governments - funding the oval shaped Olympic stadium, upgrading Spotless and the SCG, and govt funding all over the place on grassroots AFL programs.

Every time the AFL has rattled the tin the governments have thrown money at them, but when Football, Rugby Union Rugby League come asking for stadium and facilities upgrades they have (until very recently) been told to wait their turn.

More money has been spent on trying to convert people in NSW to sports we don't follow than to give funding to sports we actually do play in big numbers.

paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Decentric,
Your relief in what you experience in other parts of the country when getting away from the southern state's daily diet of AFL propaganda I discovered decades ago. Can only be matched by a similar feel in getting away from the Victorian leftist unions.

I have to say I it was just as bad in Tasmania and by the sounds of it it hasn't changed much. Oh yes, sure we are hearing a lot more about soccer and how everyone wants it because there's a lack of national representation of football in any code in the state. But when push comes to shove the AFL will in an instance, when it so desires bully themselves into the scene and have soccer dumped into irrelevance. They will have most of the population backing them too, including the state government when it comes to a choice.

In a resort somewhere

RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)Hacker (390 reputation)

I like the sport of Australian Rules football (let's differentiate the sport from the name of the one professional league that exists to play it), but 100% agree to frustration at the waste that goes into international promotion and trying to force it into markets that don't exist. 

As someone more interested in state league footy than the AFL it absolutely disgusts me how is thrown down the toilet when the state leagues are crying for money. They're slowing destroying the foundations of the game with their stupidity and arrogance and I hope it all falls in on them one day.
Atlas
Atlas
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Living in Victoria I grew up with Aussie Rules (played and followed) as it was the only game played when I went to school. Fortunately the brainwashing by the media in this state hasn't swayed me over into becoming a follower. I don't read any articles, listen to radio or watch tv when anything Aussie Rules is on and for me it is as if the game doesn't exist. It is difficult doing that in Melbourne with all the constant bombardment but I'm glad to say I succeeded. 
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

I don't mind the sport itself but I absolutely loathe the way the sport's administration has essentially declared war on league, union and football in NSW and QLD. For that reason alone I will never pay a cent to attend a AFL game. Free ticket or fuck off.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

It's amazing seeing how non-existant League is down here in Adelaide. United seem to be lumped in with basketball also - go local team and such. 

But AFL is just everywhere. Good thing I dont read the newspaper, watch the news or listen to much radio so I dont have to listen to it but when I do jeez it's sickening
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Try living in Victoria.
The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

So this is pretty much just gaelic football?
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

P.a brenton speed commentating on the afl this arvo lol
Swarth
Swarth
Pro
Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)Pro (5K reputation)

i am so thankful i live in western sydney

pippinu
pippinu
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
sydneyfc1987 - 26 Feb 2017 4:05 PM
I don't mind the sport itself but I absolutely loathe the way the sport's administration has essentially declared war on league, union and football in NSW and QLD. For that reason alone I will never pay a cent to attend a AFL game. Free ticket or fuck off.

Fortunately, there's free admission to the AFL Women's.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
RedshirtWilly - 26 Feb 2017 4:15 PM
It's amazing seeing how non-existant League is down here in Adelaide. United seem to be lumped in with basketball also - go local team and such. 

But AFL is just everywhere. Good thing I dont read the newspaper, watch the news or listen to much radio so I dont have to listen to it but when I do jeez it's sickening

This is why IMO we need the current licence model targeting specific markets for a while longer. AU provide exposure to the sport and that has an impact at all levels.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

I get what the AFL is trying to do by making it a year round sport but there is one major flaw in this.

At local level in Victoria. Basically all leagues bar the VAFA are riddled with excessive player payments that have been blown out of proportion in the last 7 years.
Due to these levels of payments, local football is now becoming a business. If a player is signed to a contract and gets a couple of thousand cash a year, theirs an expected level of commitment for at least 9 months of the year.
And generally in the off season between October-December players like their time off and most pre seasons start in December these days anyway.

So while AFL 7's & 9's may be a decent product at a social level. It's not going to take the southern states by storm over the summer anyway. Just my 2c on it.
Edited
7 Years Ago by aussie pride
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

mcjules - 26 Feb 2017 8:48 PM
RedshirtWilly - 26 Feb 2017 4:15 PM

This is why IMO we need the current licence model targeting specific markets for a while longer. AU provide exposure to the sport and that has an impact at all levels.

I do agree.

If Adelaide were to be relegated this season and Sydney United promoted (last NPL winners), Adelaide wouldn't seem to even care judging by the media.  I'd imagine an NRL side would fare the same way as United.  "You're not footy, but you're Adelaide so we'll give you a 10 minute bonehead interview on Triple M"
Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

So they are moving from Cricket pitches to Football pitches.......fuck Victoria cracks me up.

Beaten by Eldar

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

1. Interesting the AFL see a bleak future in their game so need to adapt it to get interest.

2. Even football is not taking over china. Anyone who has traveled there much knows there are hardly any football pitches, and people generally have better things to do than chase pig skin around a paddock. They'd have more chance with this pipe dream of using a basketball court as you see fifty times more of them than football pitches in China.
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

tsf - 27 Feb 2017 8:55 AM
1. Interesting the AFL see a bleak future in their game so need to adapt it to get interest. 2. Even football is not taking over china. Anyone who has traveled there much knows there are hardly any football pitches, and people generally have better things to do than chase pig skin around a paddock. They'd have more chance with this pipe dream of using a basketball court as you see fifty times more of them than football pitches in China.

Any kid in China that wants to make it as a sportsman would choose basketball or football any day of the week when the see the salaries being thrown around in their respective sports.

At best in the AFL they could make is 1mil p.a if your elite or otherwise settle for a couple hundred thousand p.a if your lucky,
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

aussie pride - 27 Feb 2017 9:14 AM
tsf - 27 Feb 2017 8:55 AM

At best in the AFL they could make is 1mil p.a if your elite or otherwise settle for a couple hundred thousand p.a if your lucky,

They drop that on wine and dinner with girls at KTV bars every month :) 
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
RedshirtWilly - 27 Feb 2017 8:32 AM
mcjules - 26 Feb 2017 8:48 PM

I do agree.

If Adelaide were to be relegated this season and Sydney United promoted (last NPL winners), Adelaide wouldn't seem to even care judging by the media.  I'd imagine an NRL side would fare the same way as United.  "You're not footy, but you're Adelaide so we'll give you a 10 minute bonehead interview on Triple M"

They'd care but the following season they'd get next to no coverage.

And yeah when we had the Rams that's how it was. 

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

pippinu
pippinu
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
aussie pride - 27 Feb 2017 7:51 AM
I get what the AFL is trying to do by making it a year round sport but there is one major flaw in this.

At local level in Victoria. Basically all leagues bar the VAFA are riddled with excessive player payments that have been blown out of proportion in the last 7 years.
Due to these levels of payments, local football is now becoming a business. If a player is signed to a contract and gets a couple of thousand cash a year, theirs an expected level of commitment for at least 9 months of the year.
And generally in the off season between October-December players like their time off and most pre seasons start in December these days anyway.

So while AFL 7's & 9's may be a decent product at a social level. It's not going to take the southern states by storm over the summer anyway. Just my 2c on it.

This is a fair enough point, and at least is made with an understanding that first and foremost, this idea is merely about taking up more and more oxygen, nothing more, and nothing less.

It actually doesn't matter whether it's good, bad or indifferent, or if people like it or hate it, what we know is that it won't be ignored - it will take up oxygen.

We've already had the Women's AFL take up plenty of oxygen for the whole of February, expect them to start their season in January in the future.

Expect the AFL to look for ways to take up oxygen from mid-Oct to mid-Nov.  It doesn't have to be a big comp, it might be a four to six week tournament featuring recently retired players, players trying to get drafted, players returning from injury, etc. etc.

For starters, they can book out their own stadium from mid-Oct to late Nov.

On top of that, they might like to play some games out of AAMI, and maybe NIB and Coopers.

Just achieving that much would be viewed as a huge success - attendances and ratings wouldn't even need to be big to be a success.

That's effectively an additional four to six weeks of oxygen, dovetailing neatly into the draft in late November which already has massive media attention.

Mission accomplished.
Australian Football dude
Australian Football dude
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)Hardcore Fan (278 reputation)

If you want to get away from AFL talk you need to keep well clear of fourfourtwo Australia! 
evolution
evolution
Hacker
Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)Hacker (415 reputation)

Girlfriend plays in a mixed AFL 9's social comp. My join up myself next season for a bit of extra fitness. Not going to get me paying attention to AFL or buying a Swans membership though.

Here in Newcastle is all Knights, Knights, Knights regardless of how crap they are going. Jets get some coverage, usually negative, and AFL is relegated to being lumped in with Basketball, Ice Hockey and Lawn Bowls.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search