Club legend Thomas Broich to leave Brisbane Roar at the end of the A-League season

Club legend Thomas Broich to leave Brisbane Roar at the end of the...

Author
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
RBBAnonymous - 20 Apr 2017 3:36 PM
FullBack4 - 20 Apr 2017 3:32 PM

How would possibly know that? Did you speak to Broich or his agent?

it did get me thinking how much he would be asking for and how much a competing A League side would be prepared to pay?

FullBack4
FullBack4
Amateur
Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)Amateur (723 reputation)

WSF - 19 Apr 2017 9:37 PM
scott21 - 19 Apr 2017 9:32 PM

RBB or Roar management? 

very clever. Have BRFC supporters stopped and considered how much Broich would command - $100k? $200k? $300k? and how much he could get at another HAL team or overseas? I don't see him dropping his demands and as BRFC have made him a millionaire over the recent few years he and his agent will still want the best salary possible. How much is he worth to them? another Hervas instead of a Kristensen or another Kurtishi instead of a Berihas or Maclaren? its a funny discussion when football supporters get emotional, its like watching teenage boys argue over a pretty girl, no thought just testosterone. How much are they prepared to risk to keep Broich? and why do football supporters feel they know more than the coaches with all their analysis and GPS data and medical history and squad knowledge and transfer target knowledge? Thomas Broich has acted like he's just fallen off his pedestal and he doesn't like the new view, so he thought he might bring BRFC down a peg or two in the process. some hero.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

FullBack4 - 20 Apr 2017 7:53 PM

very clever. Have BRFC supporters stopped and considered how much Broich would command - $100k? $200k? $300k? and how much he could get at another HAL team or overseas? I don't see him dropping his demands and as BRFC have made him a millionaire over the recent few years he and his agent will still want the best salary possible. How much is he worth to them? another Hervas instead of a Kristensen or another Kurtishi instead of a Berihas or Maclaren? its a funny discussion when football supporters get emotional, its like watching teenage boys argue over a pretty girl, no thought just testosterone. How much are they prepared to risk to keep Broich? and why do football supporters feel they know more than the coaches with all their analysis and GPS data and medical history and squad knowledge and transfer target knowledge? Thomas Broich has acted like he's just fallen off his pedestal and he doesn't like the new view, so he thought he might bring BRFC down a peg or two in the process. some hero.

Brisbane Roar do a fine job of bringing themselves down and looking like fools in the off season. Broich is as humble as they come and no where in that article did it show he was being big headed or falling off his pedestal. He wanted to continue to play on but Roar could not guarantee that at the time, so he understood where the club was coming from, thanked them for their honesty and wished them the best.

Could the timing have been better? Sure but then fans would not have had the chance to fair well this club legend for one last time, there is also the home ACL game as well. I still feel the club is making the wrong decision here, where there is a will, there is a way and I'm sure if they tried hard enough they could find a way for it to work.

Fans are emotional and have every right to be, there are those who take it to far on both sides but we need to move forward and support the players tomorrow first and foremost. I look forward to many beers pre game and watching Brisbane Roar and the legend that is Thomas Broich. 

Edited
7 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
RBBAnonymous
RBBAnonymous
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

FullBack4 - 20 Apr 2017 7:53 PM

You are joking right. I think its fair to say that throughout this whole process Thomas Broich has acted with the utmost integrity. This includes his willingness to accept that he would no longer be a Marquee. Even though having Holman and Oar as Marquee players is a questionable decision. This despite having Broich literally stand aside so that Brisbane roar could start recruiting and retaining existing players, essentially allowing Brisbane to sign him towards the end of their recruitment needs. This is despite accepting that he might not always start matches even though he is still performing at a high level. He did not seek a request for a contract even though he was more than entitled to seek options a whole lot earlier. How you can think that Broich is trying to be a hero and take down BRFC a peg or two is beyond me. Brisbane needs a fucking wake up call on how to manage a team list and especially how to manage one of their best and most beloved players. 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search