Ballymore in sights as Brisbane poised to get a second A-League soccer team

Ballymore in sights as Brisbane poised to get a second A-League soccer...

Author
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Socceroofan4life - 5 May 2017 3:49 PM
This is so exciting. When could the club realistically join the league though? Is next season a possibility?

Next season is highly unlikely, probably the season after if anything but even then there are other bids hoping to come in as well so it is all a guessing game at the moment. 

robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

scott21 - 5 May 2017 4:01 PM
@soilI can't commit yet. :)When I move back to Australia it would most likely be Sunshine Coast so I am willing to wait and see what happens with AAFC, 2nd division etc. As there is an Indian investor and lol George Weah apparently wanting to get involved.Have to see how this plays out and complain in the meantime.

What is talk of Indian investor, is this for real?

Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Most people reading a topic on this site for a while. Must have hit a nerve.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

@toldya

Obviously the dream would be for the state gov to build a stadium around Loganholme.

So you could come up to games too.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

@robbos

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/queenslands-sunshine-coast-poised-to-enter-the-aleague-expansion-race-backed-by-consortium/news-story/e9fa2b3062f3fb159ba717bf277af839

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/01/14/sunshine-coast-league-bid-forces-critical-meeting

https://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/coasts-a-league-bid-progresses-to-next-stage/3133244/
robbos
robbos
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Thanks Scott!!!

And Everyone Blamed Clive
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

scott21 - 5 May 2017 4:11 PM
@toldyaObviously the dream would be for the state gov to build a stadium around Loganholme. So you could come up to games too.

A-league and Loganholme at the same time

in my wildest dreams........................

Winner of Official 442 Comment of the day Award -  10th April 2017

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

I don't think the emblem is that bad tbh.

Emblem imo doesn't need to match kit colors though. Blue (royal blue) & white seems much nicer colors for fans to wear than gold maroon and navy. Also scarves etc But it's their choice.

Edit:

.@fcbrisbanecity #Gladiator's shield logo takes on blue,white & gold of 'City of Brisbane', wrapped in 'Qld' maroon @ALeague @ffa #expansion

From their Twitter, maybe white is a goer and the other article was wrong.
Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

scott21 - 5 May 2017 4:45 PM
I don't think the emblem is that bad tbh.

Emblem imo doesn't need to match kit colors though. Blue (royal blue) & white seems much nicer colors for fans to wear than gold maroon and navy. Also scarves etc But it's their choice.

Edit:

.@fcbrisbanecity #Gladiator's shield logo takes on blue,white & gold of 'City of Brisbane', wrapped in 'Qld' maroon @ALeague @ffa #expansion

From their Twitter, maybe white is a goer and the other article was wrong.

Image result for bristol Rovers home and away 2016-17

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Lol I was in a pub once and a guy asked me where I was from. I said Brisbane. He asked "do you support city or rovers?"
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Every extra option is a positive for the game...  South Melbourne, South-East Melbourne, Geelong, Tasmania, Canberra, Wollongong, South Sydney, Brisbane City, Brisbane Strikers...  Lining up, yet the FFA appear unable to harness any of it.  
World Class

scott21 - 5 May 2017 5:03 PM
Lol I was in a pub once and a guy asked me where I was from. I said Brisbane. He asked "do you support city or rovers?"

it's the accent

Edited
7 Years Ago by View from the fence
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

As far as I have been told the upgrade to Ballymore is fairly minimal:

- big screen installed on XXXX hill
- upgrade to floodlights to meet tv standards
- all seating upgraded or replaced
- corporate boxes upgraded to meet AFC standards
- lick of paint
- any other necessary repairs.

Gladiators pay for the upgrades in return for a discounted rental fee.

So basically a low cost upgrade leaving the two ends exposed. On a sunny/wet day that will be a problem on a dry/night match no problem.

It's not great but it's pragmatic. You'd think the state could step in with something though and really improve the place
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

"Ooooooh..... Yeaaaaaah.......
We love pasta, pizza and espresso too
We were here first and we're coming for you
Now we are back we are here to stay
You filthy Dutch cats O we will slay" etc
Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Didn't mean to offend anyone.

"You're not bouncing
You're not bouncing
You're not bouncing anymore
You're not bouncing anymore"
agga78
agga78
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

scott21 - 5 May 2017 6:42 PM
Didn't mean to offend anyone."You're not bouncingYou're not bouncingYou're not bouncing anymoreYou're not bouncing anymore"

I'm not sure if you know what doing the bouncy is about either.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Waz - 5 May 2017 6:27 PM
As far as I have been told the upgrade to Ballymore is fairly minimal:- big screen installed on XXXX hill- upgrade to floodlights to meet tv standards- all seating upgraded or replaced - corporate boxes upgraded to meet AFC standards - lick of paint - any other necessary repairs. Gladiators pay for the upgrades in return for a discounted rental fee. So basically a low cost upgrade leaving the two ends exposed. On a sunny/wet day that will be a problem on a dry/night match no problem. It's not great but it's pragmatic. You'd think the state could step in with something though and really improve the place

Sounds good to me, do we know how much the rent is at Balleymore to start with? I wonder how much of a discount it will be after the upgrades.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

I confess
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

@ Mr. B

The rent will be about 1/3 the cost of renting Suncorp apparently. Which is a huge saving.

The CM tonight ran a story that with an anchor tenant in place the QRU will push again for the $100m redevelopment of Ballymore that was shelved a while back

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Waz - 5 May 2017 6:54 PM
@ Mr. BThe rent will be about 1/3 the cost of renting Suncorp apparently. Which is a huge saving. The CM tonight ran a story that with an anchor tenant in place the QRU will push again for the $100m redevelopment of Ballymore that was shelved a while back

1/3, damn that is good, also if they can push for that 100 mill redevelopment with a permanent tenant even better. All still very early of course but it all looks positive. 

Edited
7 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Serious question- Wouldn't Roar look to eventually play there? As it could push down costs for both clubs
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

scott21 - 5 May 2017 7:02 PM
Serious question- Wouldn't Roar look to eventually play there? As it could push down costs for both clubs

They would be stupid not to consider it if it all comes together, they are still in a current deal with Suncorp though, few years left on the contract. 

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
MrBrisbane - 5 May 2017 7:10 PM
scott21 - 5 May 2017 7:02 PM

They would be stupid not to consider it if it all comes together, they are still in a current deal with Suncorp though, few years left on the contract. 

Could even drive Suncorp's price down for the next contract.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

@pala

I'm pretty sure SQ has a F U attitude and would rather have no team than lower rent.

They see clubs as businesses and have no regard for what they mean to community members.
Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
Glory Recruit
Glory Recruit
Legend

I like the colours, blue, and gold are brisbane colours, maroon qld.

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

scott21 - 5 May 2017 2:34 PM
Bullets Strikers and Bandits all used blue and yellow one point and there has been a shift toward yellow and maroon.

those colours together always looks good
expect it to be the dark variant of the Gladiators kit and just add white and ditch the blue for the away kit
Should appeal to the fans of the Brisbane Broncos
makes sense.
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

i have a feeling its going to be an all maroon kit with a blue pattern and a splash of yellow details somewhere

the Away kit for me would be all white with the blue and maroon mixed in. 
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

More tyre kickers.

Come back with 50 million and we'll talk 
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

"Bid chairman Robert Cavallucci has met multiple times with FFA executives who were impressed by their level of organisation, with their plans nine months in the making"

Seems like a fair fight when other bids can't get a sit down lol

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search