2017/18 A-League & FFA Cup Kits Thread

2017/18 A-League & FFA Cup Kits Thread

Author
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Waz - 25 Aug 2017 7:11 AM
@ pv4/BRFC92Kingsman is proving something of a quiet risk taker and the way they're pushing the first team kit launch next Wednesday people are expecting something radical with the overall kit (black/Irange stripes on the shirt maybe, orange/White shorts maybe??) but it's the second kit that's got the most discussion because of what they've said it won't be. The third kit remains maroon which has been a real sales success so whoever came up with that one deserves a bonus, fans love especially those thaf follos NRL as well.

The only "obvious" thing I can think of is when Roar used to wear blue shorts, so will they go a blue away kit? 

Or will they just go a random other colour for no reason at all? Being the home is orange, the away almost certainly wouldn't be red, pink, yellow. And with the other options already ruled out, what is left is... green or blue or purple? 

Keen to see what the outcome is. 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
@ pv4

Good point on the blue shorts plus it's the City of Brisbane colour.
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Bes and Carl

I like the away kit - home kit is rubbish, looks like an advertising board.
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)Amateur (515 reputation)

azzaMVFC - 25 Aug 2017 12:20 PM
Bes and Carl

Optislim on the front,KFC on the sleeve. love it

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Bes and Carl

Any more blue on that away kit and it's basically clashing with the home :lol:

Wait is that orange trim on the Away kit?? :lol:
Edited
7 Years Ago by pv4
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Bes and Carl

Home top definitely looking a bit cluttered, but hey HAL clubs have gotta make money some how and every little bit helps.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

I like the away kit better. They've been messing with the V on the home kit for a couple of years and it just gets worse.

Love all the sponsors though - wish Roar had some lol.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

No Totti No Party - 25 Aug 2017 12:24 PM

Optislim on the front,KFC on the sleeve. love it

It's actually genius when you think about it. People that are gonna buy Optislim products are people that want to lose weight. People that need to lose weight have probably eaten too much KFC. Once they've lost the weight they'll start eating too much KFC again and the circle is complete.
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

someguyjc - 25 Aug 2017 12:40 PM

Home top definitely looking a bit cluttered, but hey HAL clubs have gotta make money some how and every little bit helps.

Pretty sure Optislim and Optivite are the same company...
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Group: Banned Members
The away kit is <3 <3 

Not a fan of the home kit but $$$$ is $$$$
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Not sure why anyone wants to be a walking billboard, A-League kits are just too cluttered with advertising for my liking.
Edited
7 Years Ago by WSF
griff1
griff1
Amateur
Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)

someguyjc - 25 Aug 2017 12:43 PM
No Totti No Party - 25 Aug 2017 12:24 PM

It's actually genius when you think about it. People that are gonna buy Optislim products are people that want to lose weight. People that need to lose weight have probably eaten too much KFC. Once they've lost the weight they'll start eating too much KFC again and the circle is complete.

Haha amazing marketing then hey!
griff1
griff1
Amateur
Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)Amateur (700 reputation)

griff1 - 25 Aug 2017 1:33 PM
someguyjc - 25 Aug 2017 12:43 PM

Haha amazing marketing then hey!

Away kit looks really sharp. Fair point about a lot of navy on it, but if paired with white shorts I think it will be fine and wouldn't clash with say Perth
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

Waz - 25 Aug 2017 9:11 AM
@ pv4Good point on the blue shorts plus it's the City of Brisbane colour.

I reckon blue and yellow. Gotta be.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Away kit looking like the Brumbies

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Home jersey is just awful.  Away is better than the home but not by much.

When is an A-League team going to have a crack at a full green kit?  (Fury excepted.)  Waiting to see a nice bottle green job.

Member since 2008.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
TassieMad
TassieMad
Super Fan
Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)Super Fan (117 reputation)

Looks like Pascoe Vale home kit & South Hobart 2015 FFA Cup kit. 
https://postimg.org/image/pmof16bz7/
https://postimg.org/image/ii6ls54pv/
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Munrubenmuz - 25 Aug 2017 3:12 PM
Home jersey is just awful.  Away is better than the home but not by much.

When is an A-League team going to have a crack at a full green kit?  (Fury excepted.)  Waiting to see a nice bottle green job.

Yeah unfortunately we don't have a bottle green job in the A-League, but we do have a bunch of bottle jobs!

scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

At first i thought the away kit was strange... but I'm really liking it. Love to see it in the flesh, it just looks really balanced. 

Home kit should just be the same template just all navy and have a two tone V. Get rid of the optivite. 
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

I would steal the Matildas olympic training kit for victory away.
Advertise some crap with it too "supporting our Socceroos" in the lead up to WC season. Keep the A-League logo gold/yellow and original navy emblem.

Image result for matildas olympicsImage result for matildas olympics

Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

scott21 - 25 Aug 2017 5:00 PM
I would steal the Matildas olympic training kit for victory away.
Advertise some crap with it too "supporting our Socceroos" . Keep the A-League logo gold/yellow and original navy emblem.

Image result for matildas olympicsImage result for matildas olympics

Holy shit, that kit.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend

Bes and Carl

Looks like Valeri just jerked off all over Berisha and Bes aint happy about it.
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

pv4 - 25 Aug 2017 12:33 PM

Any more blue on that away kit and it's basically clashing with the home :lol:

Wait is that orange trim on the Away kit?? :lol:

Yeah first thing I saw. Thought they could have gone fluro green or yellow or even use fluro orange. 
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Davide82 - 25 Aug 2017 5:09 PM

Looks like Valeri just jerked off all over Berisha and Bes aint happy about it.

:laugh: Can not be unseen now, didn't notice those white dots on the away kill until you said that.
Seems they are little triangles after zooming in, very weird.
Edited
7 Years Ago by WSF
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Kit Reveal Ahead of State of Origin

Each of the football federations has released their kits ahead of the State of Origin competition in 4 weeks time despite the fact they have no players to model on as of yet; the squad selection is not for another week. However, the kits have been released nonetheless.

New South Wales have gone with a simple kit designed by Puma, using the state's traditional colours of sky blue and navy blue for the home kit. Sponsored by beer company VB, their away kit simply retains the navy blue trim but has a primary colour of white.

Victoria's design is one of the most iconic in Australia, with the 'Big V' being in used for nearly 100 years. Comparisons have been obviously made with Melbourne Victory's kit although the away kit uses a classic colour scheme from the 1900s. Manufactured by Nike and sponsored by retail giants Myer, Victoria's kits are the most iconic.

The Maroons have predictably gone with a maroon design for their home kit but have gone with grey trim rather than gold due to the design of the football federation's logo. However, for the away kit, they have gone with a gold kit with maroon trim. The kits have been sponsored by XXXX Gold and manufactured by Nike.

Football West have gone with two different designs, both supplied by Nike and sponsored by insurance company AAMI. At home games, Western Australia will wear a yellow kit with a black diagonal stripe and black trim. Away from home, they will wear an all-black design with yellow trim.

South Australia's kit design is also very iconic, with the Croweaters having worn the double chevron in AFL State of Origin for over 50 years. The FFSA have chosen this colour scheme over the colours of the Redbacks cricket team, which has been used for the away kit. In both cases, the kits are made by Umbro and sponsored by the state's bank, BankSA.

Like Queensland, the ACT have chosen to utilise the colours of their federation logo. Adidas designed both kits, and they are sponsored by Australian National University. The home kit is predominantly sky blue, with black and white stripes, whereas the away kit uses the colours of the ACT flag, being mainly gold with royal blue and white stripes.
Australian State of Origin | FM Scout
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

MV's home kit looks horrendous

It looked ok with just Optislim on it but not it really does look like an advertising hoarding.
The away kit looks alright.
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

I reckon there might be a plan to get rid of the v in the long term. It's one of, if not the, hardest type of style to design an effective sponsor logo around.
Talking sponsors, I actually like some kits with more rather than less. I have a Velez kit with Samsung on the front, but one of my favourite elements of it is the Univeridad de Moron (Moron University) sponsorship on the sleeves. Always gets a laugh and of course people are happy to suggest it's my alma mater when they see me wear it.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 25 Aug 2017 5:55 PM
I reckon there might be a plan to get rid of the v in the long term. It's one of, if not the, hardest type of style to design an effective sponsor logo around. Talking sponsors, I actually like some kits with more rather than less. I have a Velez kit with Samsung on the front, but one of my favourite elements of it is the Univeridad de Moron (Moron University) sponsorship on the sleeves. Always gets a laugh and of course people are happy to suggest it's my alma mater when they see me wear it.

I think the v on the away kit is as good as it will ever get... is be happy if they stuck with that
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and text

MK: The jersey takes us back to the clubs Dutch heritage.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

look so much better maroon and orange, instead of white
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search