2017/18 A-League & FFA Cup Kits Thread

2017/18 A-League & FFA Cup Kits Thread

Author
Savic
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Good one, cheers for enlightening me.
What is an OG jerks though? Original gangsta jerks? Jerks that score a lot at the wrong end? I guess though that you mean the jerks wore gold at the start of the hal.. if so, then the gold colour has no previous historical connection with newy? 
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Savic - 8 Sep 2017 9:30 AM
Good one, cheers for enlightening me.
What is an OG jerks though? Original gangsta jerks? Jerks that score a lot at the wrong end? I guess though that you mean the jerks wore gold at the start of the hal.. if so, then the gold colour has no previous historical connection with newy? 

Correct, gold was just a random colour Con Constantine decided to make his team wear. Just to be "different". As far as I know. And it stuck for the fans (well, most of them). 

Yep by OG Jerks I meant the original years of Jerks under that name.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

The Jets kit leak turned out to be correct then:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/teams/newcastle-jets/newcastle-jets-reveal-home-away-and-third-kits-for-201718-aleague-season/news-story/e7ce442f7321d74530ef1850d70ecde0

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Really messy and dont complement each other.

imo the blue kit should also have 2 white and 1 red line in the middle, even with the outer stripes darker and the gold kit should have the same blue whit and red stripes from the white kit instead of the darker gold stripes. So it is uniform. Dont mind the white kit.
Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

wl 

with sponsor

Brisbane Roar and Matildas star Clare Polkinghorne. Pic Annette Dew
Edited
7 Years Ago by scott21
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

scott21 - 9 Sep 2017 7:08 PM
wl 

with sponsor

Brisbane Roar and Matildas star Clare Polkinghorne. Pic Annette Dew

I feel sorry for the ladies, the kit was bad enough and now that, reminds me of one of the old Roar kits with the WOW sponsorship but it was on the back of the Jersey.
I could be wrong but I think the women and men have different sponsorship's on their kits either way I don't like any of the kits for Roar this season.

I reckon Newcastle United away kit for 2016/17is pretty good, black and orange in that style would have been nice.

Edited
7 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

MrBrisbane - 9 Sep 2017 7:17 PM
scott21 - 9 Sep 2017 7:08 PM

I feel sorry for the ladies, the kit was bad enough and now that, reminds me of one of the old Roar kits with the WOW sponsorship but it was on the back of the Jersey.
I could be wrong but I think the women and men have different sponsorship's on their kits either way I don't like any of the kits for Roar this season.

I reckon Newcastle United away kit for 2016/17is pretty good, black and orange in that style would have been good. 

I didnt mind Wednesdays away kit last season would also work. But I can understand Roar wanting to reconnect with the Dutch community.

Image result for sheffield wednesday away kit 16 17Image result for sheffield wednesday away kit 16 17
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

@ sack scott

What do you mean "I can understand Roar wanting to reconnect with the Dutch community" ... what Dutch community? Italians, Greek, Chinese, Vietnemese, Poms, Latin American are all there .... but Dutch? Nah, not there,
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Waz - 9 Sep 2017 7:28 PM
@ sack scott What do you mean "I can understand Roar wanting to reconnect with the Dutch community" ... what Dutch community? Italians, Greek, Chinese, Vietnemese, Poms, Latin American are all there .... but Dutch? Nah, not there,

History isnt a bad word Waz and you shouldnt disrespect those that founded the club. They should be acknowledged. Embracing the Dutch is the centre of the clubs existence. 

You should accept that. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

Yeah but nah,

Orange is the legacy colour.

The blue second kit is the Citg of brisbane colours.

And the Morton third is obviously the State.

Roars finally got it right imo - just need more black
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

scott21 - 9 Sep 2017 7:21 PM
MrBrisbane - 9 Sep 2017 7:17 PM

I didnt mind Wednesdays away kit last season would also work. But I can understand Roar wanting to reconnect with the Dutch community.

Image result for sheffield wednesday away kit 16 17Image result for sheffield wednesday away kit 16 17

Nice kit, not bad at all.

The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

While i agree that the Roar kit is awful and would much prefer to see black than white, is there more to it? Maybe the white was brought in to combat some of the heat in the Brisbane summer? Clubs have altered kit colouring in the past to try and assist with heat.

Also Jerks kit is just awful. Its the worst NRL kit I've ever seen a football team launch. Newcastle have made so many kit mistakes in the past few years. They need to go back to consulting the fans more.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Waz - 9 Sep 2017 7:37 PM
Yeah but nah, Orange is the legacy colour. The blue second kit is the Citg of brisbane colours. And the Morton third is obviously the State. Roars finally got it right imo - just need more black

LIONS FC vs BRISBANE ROAR – HERITAGE SHIELD

On Tuesday July 25th, Lions Stadium will play host to Lions FC vs Brisbane Roar, all in support of Starlight Children’s Foundation.

The two sides will be competing for the Heritage Shield, in part to celebrate our 60 year anniversary! The Roar will be joining us to acknowledge both their past and future in helping us to celebrate where both sides have came from.
LIONS FC vs BRISBANE ROAR – HERITAGE SHIELD | Lions FC

MK: The jersey takes us back to the clubs Dutch heritage. Join us ➡️

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

scott21 - 11 Sep 2017 5:31 AM
Waz - 9 Sep 2017 7:37 PM

LIONS FC vs BRISBANE ROAR – HERITAGE SHIELD

On Tuesday July 25th, Lions Stadium will play host to Lions FC vs Brisbane Roar, all in support of Starlight Children’s Foundation.

The two sides will be competing for the Heritage Shield, in part to celebrate our 60 year anniversary! The Roar will be joining us to acknowledge both their past and future in helping us to celebrate where both sides have came from.
LIONS FC vs BRISBANE ROAR – HERITAGE SHIELD | Lions FC

MK: The jersey takes us back to the clubs Dutch heritage. Join us ➡️

i reckon if brisbane city came into the a-league, brisbane roar has no other choice but to use different away colours other than maroon 
Waz
Waz
Legend

@ Heyitsrobbie

Roar don't use Maroon as an "away colour". The Maroon kit is actually a home kit that is only used v SFC.

Away kits have mainly been white along with 9/10 other clubs sadly.

Roar this season have probably got the three kits right in terms of colour:

- Orange is the heritage colour.

- the blue away kit is a City of Brisbane colour

- the Moroon (alternate home) is a state colour.

That's as good as they've ever had it imo
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Waz - 11 Sep 2017 6:41 AM
@ HeyitsrobbieRoar don't use Maroon as an "away colour". The Maroon kit is actually a home kit that is only used v SFC. Away kits have mainly been white along with 9/10 other clubs sadly. Roar this season have probably got the three kits right in terms of colour:- Orange is the heritage colour. - the blue away kit is a City of Brisbane colour - the Moroon (alternate home) is a state colour. That's as good as they've ever had it imo

But Waz you cant just pick 1 colour and claim it is a Brisbane colour jersey. Otherwise I could state that Wellington wear Brisbane colours also becasue they wear yellow. 

Bandits, Strikers, Bullets etc all had Brisbane colours blue and yellow. I cant remember a Brisbane team that has had blue and orange.

There is a city that wears blue and orange their city colours. New York City. 
Image result for ny metsImage result for ny knicksImage result for ny islanders

Image result for ny state flag

The New York city flag and colours represent the original settlement of the city...... as New Amsterdam..... by the Dutch. 

Waz
Waz
Legend

@ Sack

I've no idea what you're babbling on about. The City of Brisbane identifies its colours as yellow and blue, the state of Queensland identifies its colour as Maroon, it's that simple.

They chose their colours and local clubs choose to adopt them, or not. There's no chance any colour can be unique to one location as there's two many places and too few colours lol.

So Roar look like they've been smart this year; Orange for the heritage of the club; Blue for the city of Brisbane where they play; and Maroon for the State they represent. It actually looks like someone thought about this for once and not just randomly selected colours in a paint chart or said, f*ck this is too hard, let's just change to all white like everyone else 😂

As far as Wellington go - I presume Wellington the city has yellow in its colours? Colours should make some sense and not be a random act of marketing by the franchise holder - wanderers chose their colours based on the colours of the original team Wanderers (who no doubt based themselves on the English Wanderers of the 1800's)

Roars colours this year make sense. That's all lol.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Waz
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Waz - 11 Sep 2017 4:24 PM
@ Sack I've no idea what you're babbling on about. The City of Brisbane identifies its colours as yellow and blue, the state of Queensland identifies its colour as Maroon, it's that simple. They chose their colours and local clubs choose to adopt them, or not. There's no chance any colour can be unique to one location as there's two many places and too few colours lol. So Roar look like they've been smart this year; Orange for the heritage of the club; Blue for the city of Brisbane where they play; and Maroon for the State they represent. It actually looks like someone thought about this for once and not just randomly selected colours in a paint chart or said, f*ck this is too hard, let's just change to all white like everyone else 😂

Well Qld colours are maroon and white. So by your logic an all white kit would represent Qld. 
Waz
Waz
Legend

@ sack

QLDs State colours are Maroon and Gold.
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

OK so what is Brisbane roar going to do when Brisbane city comes in and takes the maroon/blue/gold colours?

Roar cant use the state of origin thing with the maroon kit any more as i presume the maroon is going to be the primary colour of the city club.

the roar can keep the blue or white away jersey if they wish. must say the blue away is hot and clearly my favourite one of all roar kits
Edited
7 Years Ago by HeyItsRobbie
Waz
Waz
Legend

@ heyitsrobbie

I don't think Roar will change any colours whoever comes in.

Maroon is only for SFC at home anyway although there is a suggestion it should be elevated to the second kit.

But Roar won't change colours based on who does or doesnt come in; Strikers are adament they have as much chance as City if getting in and they plan to stay true to their colours (unlike City sadly) and play in yellow and blue.

It's time we got away from the FFA marketing department chosing which colours a club has, the whole thing with City was cringeworthy... so if Brisbane City come up let them play in their traditional blue; even if they want to play in Orange for some bizarre reason then let them, they can even have a blue change kit and a maroon third kit they use when SFC come to town ... as long as they/the fans are happy let em choose their own colours
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

Waz - 11 Sep 2017 5:35 PM
@ heyitsrobbie I don't think Roar will change any colours whoever comes in. Maroon is only for SFC at home anyway although there is a suggestion it should be elevated to the second kit. But Roar won't change colours based on who does or doesnt come in; Strikers are adament they have as much chance as City if getting in and they plan to stay true to their colours (unlike City sadly) and play in yellow and blue. It's time we got away from the FFA marketing department chosing which colours a club has, the whole thing with City was cringeworthy... so if Brisbane City come up let them play in their traditional blue; even if they want to play in Orange for some bizarre reason then let them, they can even have a blue change kit and a maroon third kit they use when SFC come to town ... as long as they/the fans are happy let em choose their own colours

Yeah Roar shouldnt worry about another team. This seems to be FCBCs vision 

Image result for cleveland cavs
Waz
Waz
Legend

@ sack

That would seem to be the vision.

Ditching the Azuri blue is probably designed to avoid upsetting SFC but I'd rather they kept that identity.
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

Waz - 11 Sep 2017 5:46 PM
@ sack That would seem to be the vision. Ditching the Azuri blue is probably designed to avoid upsetting SFC but I'd rather they kept that identity.

if more and more clubs were allowed to keep their traditional colours, then the FFA cant use the excuse for keeping out teams like south melboune, sydney united and others
Savic
Savic
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

If brisbane city come in, I hope they don't change their logo too much and only tinker with it. That logo is super weird and super cool. Don't loose the football head man bc!!
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

HeyItsRobbie - 11 Sep 2017 6:54 PM
Waz - 11 Sep 2017 5:46 PM

if more and more clubs were allowed to keep their traditional colours, then the FFA cant use the excuse for keeping out teams like south melboune, sydney united and others

BCFC have chosen to change their colours under the FCBC name.

Whether FFA informed them to is somewhat unknown. But I can understand why they chose to change the sky blue. Not so much for SFCs sake but perhaps that a greater Brisbane and Qld audience would reject it on mass.

I hate dif but they could use a similar combination as difs away kit this season

Related image

Image result for djurgården

Use white trim or change to gold like Port Melbourne 

Related image

The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

New Glory Kit:

Kit launch: Glory unveil new strip

Pretty unimpressed by this, but i guess its ok. Too much white this season.
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

scott21 - 12 Sep 2017 6:12 PM
HeyItsRobbie - 11 Sep 2017 6:54 PM

BCFC have chosen to change their colours under the FCBC name.

Whether FFA informed them to is somewhat unknown. But I can understand why they chose to change the sky blue. Not so much for SFCs sake but perhaps that a greater Brisbane and Qld audience would reject it on mass.

I hate dif but they could use a similar combination as difs away kit this season

Related image

Image result for djurgården

Use white trim or change to gold like Port Melbourne 

Related image

i just looked at the broncos 2001 kit and the maroon, blue and yellow colours go very well together

hope they go with maroon with navy blue sash with the yellow border over the sash. make it an adidas kit too

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend

HeyItsRobbie - 13 Sep 2017 12:24 AM
scott21 - 12 Sep 2017 6:12 PM

i just looked at the broncos 2001 kit and the maroon, blue and yellow colours go very well together

hope they go with maroon with navy blue sash with the yellow border over the sash. make it an adidas kit too

Image result for maroon navy sash football kit?
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

scott21 - 13 Sep 2017 12:30 AM
HeyItsRobbie - 13 Sep 2017 12:24 AM

Image result for maroon navy sash football kit?

it could work. may not be everyones tastes though
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search