You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Author
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Good night at the pub in Frankfurt. Come up from the bathroom about to head home at 3:30. Pretty tame night. Two girls blocking the way. One grabs my hip and the other wants to take a photo. All good. I start to move forward for the exit and the photo taker pushes me in the chest and says I grabbed her friend. I reply she held me for a photo.

She then says she was being sarcastic. I answer that I didn't realise that and the tone was out. I'm being civil in all of this, smiling, enjoying the night. She then blurts out 'you're scared as hell right now.' wtf? Is that a threat? I said 'I've had scarier moments.' I hate any kind of confrontation but this bitch soured the night. 

Still learning how not to dwell on such things and just say 'fuck it.' Some people just go out looking for trouble. 
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

WGMG: Crystal Palace. Fucking get relegated already, couldn't hold a 2 goal lead against a very average united. 
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

WGMG: That De Gea keeps goal for Manure. 

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

WGMG: not just parking 1bus but the whole fleet of 11.

Love Football

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
WGMG:

Started my job about 18 months ago. Being keen and eager to impress, never said no to any task or responsibility.  Started off with small things, but that has completely snowballed since then.  Just yesterday I was told I would have to do the companies invoicing whilst our Accounts Officer is on leave for a month. 

I really should have said no to some things early on.  Part of me doesn't mind it as all this added value has helped me negotiate my wage up (will be asking for a more sizable increase this year), and added a lot of security to my position. 

It's a small office (only around 20 of us) so everyone helps out here or there, but the main extra responsibilities/ fill in usually gets lumped to me due to (most of the time) being the only other person who knows what how to do the other persons job. It's frustrating when you've got your whole day planned out with your own tasks, only for something else to pop up out of your control that you have to fix. 

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

WGMG:

Men who put women on a pedestal and find a way to excuse for womens' bad behaviour/ poor decisions and throw their fellow men under the bus instead...

They might think they're helping and scoring brownie points with women by doing this, but the fact is men and women as a whole are worse off for their sack-less grovelling...

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

WGMG: The whole "Simpsons PREDICTED this" craze

ARNIE= LEGEND

Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

RedKat - 24 Mar 2018 12:07 PM
WGMG: The whole "Simpsons PREDICTED this" craze

Yeah, most of them are false and reaching quite hard to make a connection which makes it extra annoying.

E

chillbilly
chillbilly
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

WGMG: Train stopping at Central but not opening the doors for a couple minutes. By the time they are open there is only enough time to sprint across the station to see to connecting train home leaving. Next train is in an hour.
BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class
World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)World Class (8.2K reputation)

WGMG: How ANZAC day seems to be more controversial than in the past. Probably just media fear mongering but people like the Yassmin Abdel-Magied and Sally Rugg trying to draw away from the sacrifice of many generations of Australian men and women is deeply troubling. Refugee welfare is an important topic that deserves a lot of attention and discussion but I find using ANZAC day to draw attention to other causes inappropriate. 

I commonly see how these types of people try and play on the politics of the wars we have fought in rather than focusing on the young men who most likely not aware of the political puppetry at the top.

Can't we just have a day where we remember those who died in service of their country without it being controversial?

Edited
6 Years Ago by BETHFC
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

WGMG:

Going to the USA next week for my sisters' wedding, with my family.

I originally intended to stay longer after the wedding, extend my trip and go to Dallas then train it up through to Chicago before heading over to NYC and staying a week there. But then decided the money I'd spend would be better off invested into my business interests. So I'll just be in Sacramento for the week. Haven't been to the states in over 20 years and even then, it was just the usual tourist sites of California and Vegas- which is kind of like basing your entire opinion of Australia on a single trip to the Gold Coast. I'm disappointed, but I recognise that sometimes you have to make compromises for the bigger picture...

Then I find out that my folks have gone and booked the return flight home for Saturday night, out of San Francisco. Apparently it's cheaper to fly back Saturday than Sunday or Monday BUT...it means we land back in Sydney on Monday morning.

Meaning I'll miss the GF completely- unless United has internet connection available in-flight. 

Then- a saving grace. Looking at the time/ date differences, I realise that instead of having to wake up at the crack of dawn for the return CL leg against Roma, in Sacramento it'll be mid-day Wednesday. Great- find a sports bar, grab some brews and game on!

......Eeeeeeexcept that I then find out the grooms' family have invited us for lunch.

On Wednesday.

I only discover this after mentioning to Mum that it'll be great to watch the CL semi final in the middle of the day for a change, and when she mentioned this prior arrangement I (jokingly) pointed out that the groom's dad and his brother are both LFC fans so who knows? She turns around and acts like I'm completely selfish and unreasonable for wanting to watch a football game at the same time....

Now obviously I'm stoked to be going to a wedding overseas- let alone my sisters'- but f**k me, after the other things I've had to concede for this trip there was just ONE thing I wanted for the whole time we were there. And apparently that's unreasonable? 

Am I a completely selfish prick who's missing the point here?

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

You're not a selfish prick, she's a woman who doesn't understand football. 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

I'm taking my iPad to film the wedding on Thursday (of my own accord- what a great brother I am!)

SO....thinking I might get the wifi password, cradle it on my lap, find a streaming site and give it the odd-glance during the game if we're sitting at the table. I'm not socially retarded enough to just stare at the screen- I'm actually looking forward to meeting my in-law's family. But I don't see how getting the best of both worlds is unreasonable?

I'm hoping it'll be like a Carlsberg ad where his old man and his brother have a big screen set up next to the table with the game on....I can dream can't I?

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Get a new mum :) 
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

aufc_ole - 24 Apr 2018 1:27 PM
Get a new mum :) 

Ouch!

Nah, mines' pretty great. She's been accomodating to my interests countless times before and to be fair, she was probably flustered because it's a big week with lots to think about an organise before her only daughter ties the knot.

I'll use my tact, politeness and powers of persuasion to get the wifi password from my in-laws parents early on. Then I'll turn on my usual conversational skills and charm while at the lunch just to rub it in that caring about a football game at a social event doesn't make you a lesser human being. My in-laws family will think I'm awesome, and my parents will look like the unreasonable ones if they take a shot at me.

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Captain Haddock - 24 Apr 2018 1:36 PM
aufc_ole - 24 Apr 2018 1:27 PM

Ouch!

Nah, mines' pretty great. She's been accomodating to my interests countless times before and to be fair, she was probably flustered because it's a big week with lots to think about an organise before her only daughter ties the knot.

I'll use my tact, politeness and powers of persuasion to get the wifi password from my in-laws parents early on. Then I'll turn on my usual conversational skills and charm while at the lunch just to rub it in that caring about a football game at a social event doesn't make you a lesser human being. My in-laws family will think I'm awesome, and my parents will look like the unreasonable ones if they take a shot at me.

That's the beauty of America, time zones are good for any European night games . I think you'll manage something! Hopefully Roma get up ;) 
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

aufc_ole - 24 Apr 2018 1:58 PM
Captain Haddock - 24 Apr 2018 1:36 PM

That's the beauty of America, time zones are good for any European night games . I think you'll manage something! Hopefully Roma get up ;) 

Do you want to see Cristiano Ronaldo streaking off down-field with his shirt off in the 95th minute of the CL Final like he's Superman after scoring the easiest of tap-ins?

Because that's how you get Cristiano Ronaldo streaking off down-field with his shirt off in the 95th minute of the CL Final like he's Superman after he scored the easiest of tap-ins...

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

WGMG: Women who complain about how there are "no good men around" when they're actually the problem 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

marconi101 - 24 Apr 2018 2:41 PM
WGMG: Women who complain about how there are "no good men around" when they're actually the problem 

What- are you telling me those 5"1, 90kg dog-filter posting girls who take a million selfies at their local on a Saturday night might be at fault for not attracting that 6"2, 6 figure earning guy with the 6 pack abs they're entitled to?

You misogynist!

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class

Captain Haddock - 24 Apr 2018 2:26 PM
aufc_ole - 24 Apr 2018 1:58 PM

Do you want to see Cristiano Ronaldo streaking off down-field with his shirt off in the 95th minute of the CL Final like he's Superman after scoring the easiest of tap-ins?

Because that's how you get Cristiano Ronaldo streaking off down-field with his shirt off in the 95th minute of the CL Final like he's Superman after he scored the easiest of tap-ins...

He'll still be able to do that ;)
How did it all end up going?
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

aufc_ole - 3 May 2018 3:28 PM
Captain Haddock - 24 Apr 2018 2:26 PM

He'll still be able to do that ;)
How did it all end up going?

I actually watched the first 20 minutes of the CL qualifier at a bar downtown where the Sacramento LFC supporters club were all piled in- then headed to the restaurant with a mate updating me via Fb messenger. It was pretty much game over after Winjaldum headed home the second, anyway.

Onto the GF, it was actually 2am Saturday morning so I could've stayed up and watched it. But considering we had to be out of the place by 10am that same morning I went "fuck it" and slept through. Apart form the 8th minute goal and Roy O getting sent off, didn't miss much after all!

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Wgmg: chronic  gout . It's fucking  painful 
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

WGMG: People still going on about This Is America.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

BETHFC
BETHFC
World Class

WGMG: People dying in Palestine over something so small as moving an embassy. I wish those fuckers would kiss and make up because too many people have died for nothing over there

WAGMG: Graduates are allergic to making phone calls. Seriously kiddies, a phone call will save you 15 back and forth emails. I know its scary but you can do it haha

Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro

WGMG:

When you (generally) have a good understanding of other people and/ or the reasoning behind their arguments- even if you don't particularly like the person or agree with them

Yet, in an age of hysteria over non-events and division between people for the tiniest of reasons, there's still so many people who are unable (or unwilling) to do you the same courtesy...

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

WGMG: Argentina caving in to pressure and canning their game against Israel. 

It's not that I support Israel's actions or anything like that, but why is Israel held to different standards to the rest of the arab world? You can claim human rights abuses, but you'd never see the same level of condemnation of a friendly in Saudi Arabia would you? Why not? Not fashionable enough.

I'm sorry, but it's anti-semitism, plain and simple. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

WGMG:  The council.  2 farking drops of rain and all games are cancelled.  Shit, it hasn't rained since yesterday and the games were scheduled for tonight.

Wankers.

Was so looking forward to one last hit out before going O/S. 

Member since 2008.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
zimbos_05
zimbos_05
Legend

sydneyfc1987 - 6 Jun 2018 11:08 PM
WGMG: Argentina caving in to pressure and canning their game against Israel. 

It's not that I support Israel's actions or anything like that, but why is Israel held to different standards to the rest of the arab world? You can claim human rights abuses, but you'd never see the same level of condemnation of a friendly in Saudi Arabia would you? Why not? Not fashionable enough.

I'm sorry, but it's anti-semitism, plain and simple. 

I agree that this topic just pisses me off now because it's a bunch of grown men beating their chests for no reason, and I am certainly not a fan of the Arab states. The main difference is that Saudi Arabia is not complicit in the genocide and modern apartheid of an entire nation. 

Also, a lot of the Argentinian players refused so it left the board with no choice. 
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

zimbos_05 - 9 Jun 2018 4:41 PM

I agree that this topic just pisses me off now because it's a bunch of grown men beating their chests for no reason, and I am certainly not a fan of the Arab states. The main difference is that Saudi Arabia is not complicit in the genocide and modern apartheid of an entire nation. 

Also, a lot of the Argentinian players refused so it left the board with no choice. 

Saudi Arabia supports terrorism. They're complicit all right.  
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

zimbos_05 - 9 Jun 2018 4:41 PM

Call me ignorant but how is it in any way genocide? 

Seems to me this term is being used far too liberally in this context. I get that you're angry, but you're de-evaluating genuine cases of genocide and mass-extermination. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search